PDA

View Full Version : P90x

BigAnt
08-28-09, 8:55 pm
A new training technique or a fad?

Does this system want you to spend your money?

Any new program will work....for a short time, sure shocking the muscles, hitting them from different angles, using different weight loads and keep changing the reps...IT WORKS!

It is what I call---Bodybuilding training...

That is how I train, sure I have some favorite compound movemnts that work for me and are staples in my protocal. But I also have been weight training over 20+ years, my muscles would look the same as I just started if I was using the same routine-weights-reps 20 years ago!

I do try to change something in my routine...from time to time....

Listen to your body!

Only you know it that well...

There are no short cuts or top secret exercises or programs...

Hard work, disclipline and the desire to always keep learning will get you to your fitness goals...sometimes it might take a bit longer!

SizeOrDie
08-28-09, 8:57 pm
this is a good program i have it i don't use it tho..i wanted too see what the fuss was about i tried it...its hard...i would work...but like i said its not easy you need dedication and really depending on your goals its a good program but like you said ant...stick to the basics and stay dedicated and you will get results

BigAnt
08-28-09, 9:00 pm
this is a good program i have it i don't use it tho..i wanted too see what the fuss was about i tried it...its hard...i would work...but like i said its not easy you need dedication and really depending on your goals its a good program but like you said ant...stick to the basics and stay dedicated and you will get results

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right--it is a good program, kick your ass program do doubt! But, again, eventually the body will get used to it....

Sure try it, use it...looks hard and tough!

Again you are right....dedication rules!

How was your summer?

BubbyLight
08-28-09, 9:05 pm
very nice. i love ppl that come to me and ask if that program works...and i give them the same answer. yea it will work. not forever tho. they give me a smile that goes straight to a frown. just like if u told ur dog u were taking him on a walk and then he looked outside and it was raining. but honestly. ppl seriously buy into these gimmicks and just cant understand what they do with themselves after the programs over, start at disc one again.
just my little impute so thank you ant for bringing it up

BigAnt
08-28-09, 9:36 pm
very nice. i love ppl that come to me and ask if that program works...and i give them the same answer. yea it will work. not forever tho. they give me a smile that goes straight to a frown. just like if u told ur dog u were taking him on a walk and then he looked outside and it was raining. but honestly. ppl seriously buy into these gimmicks and just cant understand what they do with themselves after the programs over, start at disc one again.
just my little impute so thank you ant for bringing it up

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
agreed! 100%

no substitute for putting in "hard work"

SailinScotty
08-28-09, 9:48 pm
The P90x can work. If you are looking to lose weight and/or just get toned. My g/f is doing and seeing the results. I've even done the plyometrics, good cardio workout, and the abs. If you are looking to pack on size or muscle then I would not recommened it.

SizeOrDie
08-28-09, 10:09 pm

Right--it is a good program, kick your ass program do doubt! But, again, eventually the body will get used to it....

Sure try it, use it...looks hard and tough!

Again you are right....dedication rules!

How was your summer?

my summer was good went to mexico...drank alot..ate alot...but im back in the gym after about a 5 week break....i know oops o well..looking to hit 220 this winter was 210 last year im at 190 right now i was down to 185 so we will see what happens maybe i might go for 230 just cause of how much water carbs and creatine hold

BryanSmash!
08-29-09, 1:35 am
The only thing that irks me about this system is the implication that the creators have discovered this new and amazing theory that 'hard work' equals results.

Hunh.

Thanks.

BubbyLight
08-29-09, 11:18 am
the only thing i would do close to this is wii yoga. bc it just does the job

Joseph V
08-29-09, 12:40 pm
im only 18 but ive done heftly research the past 9 years..and yes..since i was 9..

i still conclude old school overpowers in some aspects modern training

such as training to failure
push hard even when your tired and dont feel like doing shit
and my personal favorite from animal supplements,.universal nutri,..."squat till you puke"
(and yeah..ive puked a couple times but i dont give a shit cause i feel so great from doing something i thought i was impossible for me

my saying is
" YOU HAVENT MADE SUCCESS UNTIL YOUVE RISKED IT ALL"

GJN5002
08-29-09, 3:04 pm
I think p90x is good for most average people because besides the workout plan, you get a meal plan as well. For most, the meal plan is more important than the workout.