PDA

View Full Version : Never looking back. My Journey to be the best I can be.

CavScout1980
08-29-09, 7:55 am
What’s up everyone? My name is Scott, I am 28 years old and right now I am in Iraq with the United States Army. I have been married for almost 6 years and have 3 kids (5 yrs, 3 yrs and 2 yrs). I have lifted weights since I was about 13 years old. Pretty much the only reason I lifted was because I played football and I was forced to workout at school. We pretty much did the basic lifts (Squats, Cleans, Bench and Incline Bench) but I never had anyone around to show me anything different. I never took supplements, never knew what to eat and when I went to the gym in my spare time I did the same lifts that I did in school. Long story short I went on to college and played football and I was finally introduced to training individual muscles but I was still given no guidance in nutrition or supplements. After college I was 6’4” tall and I weighed 305 Lbs. I didn’t train as hard as I should have after I was done playing football so my 305 Lbs of muscle and fat turned to fat and a little muscle. I joined the Army and eventually got down to about 230 Lbs. I looked thin but I was lacking in definition and Muscle. Everyone knows that the United States Military is very busy right now so I wont go into that but after a few years I was back up to 295 Lbs. I felt fat as hell at 295, but I have always been a big person and nobody ever said anything to me about being fat. Everyone just says I carry it well. Whatever that means. In Dec 2008 I deployed to Iraq for 12 months. I made the decision that I was going to change my life. A friend that I was working out with introduced me to Animal Pak. I found this website on my own and now I know more about supplements than he does. I still have a lot to learn but I am happy with how things are going for me. Right now I am weighing in at 249 Lbs, I have no idea what my BF% is but I just ordered a tape measure the other day so I will know soon. I feel like I have gained about 20 Lbs of Muscle over the last 9 months and lost about 60 Lbs of fat. I am interested to see what my BF% is. Either way, my wife thinks I look great and she is the ultimate judge. She told me I looked great even when I was fat, but she says it with a different tone in her voice now. I am offically addicted to lifting as heavy as I can. I love the feeling of a good pump. I will never go back to being fat. I want to say thank you to everyone on this site. I have done a lot of reading and not much posting, but i have been very inspired by you all. This is my journey.

Workouts:

Day 1: Push, abs and 20 min light Cardio.
Day 2: Pull, 20 min light Cardio.
Day 3: Legs and abs.
Day 4: Off
Day 5: Repeat

Supplements:

Wake up: Animal Cuts
After Breakfast: Animal Pak
30 min before lunch : Cuts

Pre-Workout: 60 min prior – Whey Protein
45 min prior – Animal M-Stak (minus red pill)
30 min prior – Animal Pump

Post workout: 30 min post – Torrent

Whey Protein between meals and before bed.

BryanSmash!
08-29-09, 9:36 am
Welcome aboard! The key now is to take what you've learned here and apply it once you get back to the states. You'd be surprised how many people stop lifting once the deployments over.

CavScout1980
08-29-09, 12:08 pm
Today was my leg day. I warmed up with 5 min. on the bike and 10 reps of 135lbs in the squat rack. Felt pretty good before my workout. I woke up pretty stiff this morning but it got better as the day went on. I think I might have to switch up my workouts and do pull, push and legs. Deadlifts on pull day and doing legs the next day is pretty rough for me. Here is my workout.

Squats - 225 x 10, 275 x 8, 315 x 6 and 295 x 7 (felt sloppy with 315, dropped to 295)
Leg Press - 450 x 10, 510 x 8, 510 x 8 and 540 x 6.
Calf Press - 450 x 10, 510 x 8, 510 x 7 and 540 x 6.
Lying leg curls (1 leg)- 50 x 12, 55 x 10 and 55 x 8.
Leg Extensions (1 leg)- 100 x 10, 110 x 9 and 115 x 8.
Romanian Deadlifts - 135 x 12, 185 x 10, 205 x 8 and 225 x 6.
Seated Calf Raises - 190 x 8, 190 x 8, 190 x 7 and 190 x 6
Standing Calf Raises - 360 x 12, 360 x 10, 380 x 8 and 400 x 6

Incline Sit-ups - 4 sets of 12
Roman Chair leg lifts - 4 sets of 12

I felt pretty good after I got done with this. My buddy noticed my "squat walk" and asked if I did legs today. So I must be doing something right I hope.

CavScout1980
08-29-09, 12:11 pm
Welcome aboard! The key now is to take what you've learned here and apply it once you get back to the states. You'd be surprised how many people stop lifting once the deployments over.

I am well aware of this cycle, but I have a lot of support from my wife and friends right now. Add this board and my personal motivation and I can't lose.

BryanSmash!
08-29-09, 1:06 pm
Good deal. Great to have that support!

Firedrake
08-29-09, 4:28 pm
Welcome from an old vet!

Yeah, trying to do deads one day and legs the next is brutal. Right now I have legs on Tuesday, back (with rack deads) on Friday, and I rest the weekend.

Congrats on the changes you've made so far. It sounds like you're on the right track. We have a couple of other guys on the board who are over there, so take a look at "Weedlewot" and his journey, . . . and there's at least one other on deployment, but I can't remember who.

You're a lucky man to have the wifely support, and even more lucky with that wealth of kids. Now build that muscle so you can take care of them for years to come!

Again, welcome to the Forum!

CavScout1980
08-31-09, 7:05 pm
Yesterday was supposed to be a day off for me. I was awake for 21 hours and spent most of the day sweating my ass off. Fuck Iraq! Thought about taking today off too, but I needed a stress relief. Here is what I did for my workout.

Incline Bench - 4s x 6-12r
Dips – 4s x 8-12r
Military press – 4s x 6-12r
Close grip Bench – 4s x 8-12r

Tri Set: 4s x 10-12r
Seated Dumbbell Laterals
Lying Tricep ext
Dumbbell Flies

Tricep cable pushdowns – 3s x 10-12r
Cable Side Laterals – 3s x 10-15 r

Seated Calf Raises – 4s x 8-12r
Standing Calf Raises – 4s x 12-15r

20 minutes Treadmill 5.5 mph

This is a typical Push day for me. I will probably do one more week of this before I switch things up a little bit. Tired like a motherfucker right now. Just got done eating and it is time for bed.

Firedrake
08-31-09, 8:17 pm
Rest well! That was some killer work. Good for you on pushing through!

BryanSmash!
08-31-09, 8:55 pm
Nothin like a good bout with the iron to relieve stress!

CavScout1980
09-01-09, 7:16 am
Nothin like a good bout with the iron to relieve stress!

For sure Brother. The weights are a great way to get away from all of your problems for an hour or two.

Rest well! That was some killer work. Good for you on pushing through!

Thanks man, you ever go visit that race track out there where you live? I was at a NASCAR race there a few years ago. That place is awesome.

CavScout1980
09-01-09, 12:49 pm
I posted this in the paks section too but I figured I should put it in my Journey because this could really suck for me. Shit happens, if this does end up coming down then i will deal with it, but it is still bullshit.

Long story short. An individual who is very uneducated in the world of supplements wants to take away all supplements other than my whey protein. Problem is that he outranks me and if this shit gets finalized then there is nothing I can do. Right now I have Animal Pak, Animal Pump, Animal cuts, Animal M-Stack and Torrent. Without getting into too much detail there were guys in my unit who pissed hot for steroids and now everyone is up in arms over what everyone is taking. I am deployed so its not like I can keep this shit at my house or something. I almost lost my fucking mind when he said I couldn’t even take Animal Pak. This is some bullshit but there isn’t much I can do about it. Just wondering if there is anything that Animal makes that people in the service can’t take?

BryanSmash!
09-02-09, 7:06 am
I posted this in the paks section too but I figured I should put it in my Journey because this could really suck for me. Shit happens, if this does end up coming down then i will deal with it, but it is still bullshit.

Long story short. An individual who is very uneducated in the world of supplements wants to take away all supplements other than my whey protein. Problem is that he outranks me and if this shit gets finalized then there is nothing I can do. Right now I have Animal Pak, Animal Pump, Animal cuts, Animal M-Stack and Torrent. Without getting into too much detail there were guys in my unit who pissed hot for steroids and now everyone is up in arms over what everyone is taking. I am deployed so its not like I can keep this shit at my house or something. I almost lost my fucking mind when he said I couldn’t even take Animal Pak. This is some bullshit but there isn’t much I can do about it. Just wondering if there is anything that Animal makes that people in the service can’t take?

There is nothing you have to worry about. The Military has a list of banned substances that does not include anything that you've listed you're taking. Any order for you to surrender your supplements would be unlawful, so it's up to you how you want to take action.

CavScout1980
09-03-09, 1:15 pm
There is nothing you have to worry about. The Military has a list of banned substances that does not include anything that you've listed you're taking. Any order for you to surrender your supplements would be unlawful, so it's up to you how you want to take action.

Do you know where I can get a copy of this list? Seems like everything has kind of blown over for now so I don't want to bring it back up to anyone around here. But I would like to see this list for my own knowledge.

CavScout1980
09-03-09, 1:48 pm
Been kind of busy the last few days, but I am taking the day off today so here is the update for what I did on Wednesday. Started out the morning with a forced run. 5 miles at 0600 hrs isn’t the way I like to wake up but there isn’t much I can do about it. I did well in the run, but moving 245lbs 5 miles isn’t an easy thing to do. I kept up and didn’t quit. It amazes me how weak some people are. I think the main problem is in their head. Running sucks but shit, you are not going to die. In my opinion a week mind = a week body. There were guys who were all of 175lbs falling out and acting like they were dying. I take great pride in being my size and still being able to keep up with those who are a lot smaller than me. Never been a quitter and I don’t plan on starting anytime soon. So after that run I ate a huge breakfast then went back to my room and passed out for about 4 hours haha. Like I said…5 miles takes a lot out of me. Had to do some shit later on that day but that evening I was ready hit the gym. Surprisingly I had a lot of energy and was really motivated to lift some heavy ass weights. Normally I do deadlifts on back day but my legs were feeling it so I added a few other lifts. Here is what I did.

Barbell rows – 4s x 6-12r
Reverse fly Pec Deck – 4s x 8-12r
Behind the neck Pulldowns – 4s x 8-12r
Reverse grip pulldowns – 4s x 8-12r
1 arm T-bar row machine – 4s x 8-12r

Superset - – 4s x 10r
Two arm Dumbbell Rows
Dumbell Shrugs

Barbell curls – 4s x 8-10r
Hammer curls – 3s x 8-12r
Concentration curls - – 4s x 8-10r
Wrist curls – 4s x 12-15r

Incline Sit-ups – 4s x 12r
Roman Chair – 4s x 12r

I felt good after this workout and before I was getting into the shower I noticed a new stretch mark right behind my armpit so I was pretty fired up about that. I was supposed to do legs today but I will wait and do that tomorrow if I am not sore. Will see how things go. If anyone has any advice on my workouts I would love to hear it.

Firedrake
09-03-09, 1:59 pm
That's some serious work, especially after that morning run!

Your exercises look solid and on point. Before I offer advice, I'd have to ask: Are you making progress? If so, keep going!

CavScout1980
09-03-09, 2:19 pm
That's some serious work, especially after that morning run!

Your exercises look solid and on point. Before I offer advice, I'd have to ask: Are you making progress? If so, keep going!

yeah bro I am making progress. I just started doing this workout about 2 weeks ago. It is a lot and I am wasted when I get done with it. I workout alone and work fast to try to keep my heart rate up. I have started to need more days off from the gym though. When I did other workouts like 1 bodypart a day or chest/tri, back/bi's kind of stuff I felt like I could go to the gym everyday. But now I can feel my body asking for days off. I am always open for advice though so tell me what you got. I don't know everything by a long shot so please don't hold back.

BryanSmash!
09-04-09, 1:18 am
Do you know where I can get a copy of this list? Seems like everything has kind of blown over for now so I don't want to bring it back up to anyone around here. But I would like to see this list for my own knowledge.

I'll poke around and see what I can find for you.

CavScout1980
09-04-09, 4:56 am
I'll poke around and see what I can find for you.

Thank you, I have done a lot of searching and can't find shit.

Durrikan
09-04-09, 6:24 am
your workouts sound great to me and am looking forward to your journey...especially when you get back stateside...keep on pluggin away brother and the best of luck

CavScout1980
09-04-09, 1:49 pm
your workouts sound great to me and am looking forward to your journey...especially when you get back stateside...keep on pluggin away brother and the best of luck

Thanks brother, there is no stateside for me. I go back to Germany, but I am not complaining. We got a sick gym where I am stationed. One of the best I have ever seen on an Army Post. But yeah, I am excited to plan my own diet and shit. Only a few months until that phase. Plan on doing a bulk sometime around Nov/Dec so that should be fun haha.

CavScout1980
09-04-09, 2:03 pm
Today was legs. My shins were sore as fuck from that 5 mile run the other day but the rest of my legs felt good. I was pretty pissed when I got to the gym because there are only 2 squat racks. The one I like was taken up by some guy with 315 on the bar going down about 3" with every rep. Then he would wait for about 5 minutes for his next set. Oh and dont forget all the time he used to make sure everyone was looking and check himself in the mirror. Fucking Pussy!! So by the time he got done I was more than eager to start some real squats. The funny thing is after I got done doing my sets with 315, I saw his punk ass staring at me. Thats how you do a fucking squat asshole. Thats what I felt like saying. I can't wait to get back up there. When I played college football I could squat almost 700 lbs. I dont expect to get back to that, but my goal is a 450 max before January. Right now I am at about 390, but that was at the end of a workout. My leg workout today was about the same as my last workout, just had to change up the order because it seemed like everyone was doing legs today. Tomorrow is my Push day...looking forward to it.

Firedrake
09-04-09, 4:21 pm
Heh. Dont'cha love showing people how it's done? 9 years ago, I could hit 350 for reps, which I thought was pretty good for 46. Unfortunately, body parts started failing after that, so I'm just now working my way back up from nothing, and should be able to hit 225 for reps on Tuesday. I don't know if I'll ever hit 4 plates at this age, but the way things are going, you never know. I just keep bendin' the knees.

CavScout1980
09-04-09, 4:40 pm
Heh. Dont'cha love showing people how it's done? 9 years ago, I could hit 350 for reps, which I thought was pretty good for 46. Unfortunately, body parts started failing after that, so I'm just now working my way back up from nothing, and should be able to hit 225 for reps on Tuesday. I don't know if I'll ever hit 4 plates at this age, but the way things are going, you never know. I just keep bendin' the knees.

You got my respect brother. 350 for reps is good at any age. I didn't have access to a squat rack for awhile, but now that I do, my squats are going up fast. Gotta love legs days. If you get 4 plates that would be bad ass, good luck bro!

mcbeast
09-04-09, 5:30 pm
Good work on all your gains brotha. Im subbed.

CavScout1980
09-04-09, 8:11 pm
Good work on all your gains brotha. Im subbed.

Thanks man, how is Ft. Lewis? Never been there and never really heard anything good or bad about it. Know a few guys who ended up there but have not heard from them in awhile.

mcbeast
09-04-09, 8:38 pm
Thanks man, how is Ft. Lewis? Never been there and never really heard anything good or bad about it. Know a few guys who ended up there but have not heard from them in awhile.

Its not miserable. Much nicer then Ft Leonardwood, haha. Weird weather here, but ohwell. Lot of things to do in the area. Just havent gotten around to it yet. Good gym too, lol.

BryanSmash!
09-06-09, 5:29 am
Good job of not letting that five miler cramp your style!

CavScout1980
09-06-09, 7:14 am
My motivation went to shit yesterday. I was supposed to go home from Iraq early and start a new job. Well that position got "taken away" from my unit for some reason so now I am stuck here for the long haul. I kind of knew not to expect it because this isn't my first day in the Army and I know shit never happens like it is supposed to. But it was still rough to tell my wife that I wasn't coming home in a few weeks. So needless to say I wasn't in the greatest of moods yesterday. I went to the gym and tried to workout but I felt like shit. I still got a pretty good workout in though. It is amazing how much your mind plays into your workouts. Normally I don't let shit get to me, but when it hurts my family that is when I start to get pissed off. Today is a new day though, fuck all the haters in the world. Gonna keep doing what I do.

BryanSmash!
09-06-09, 8:16 am
Sorry to hear that man, leave it to the army to fuck shit up for your family. Taking it out in the weight room always helps, as well as going to the dfac and loading up your plate with a bunch of food you normally dont eat like burgers and fries or ice cream, whatever you have available and just binge eat for a meal. You still feel like shit afterwards, but it helps for a little while at least.

CavScout1980
09-06-09, 8:45 am
Sorry to hear that man, leave it to the army to fuck shit up for your family. Taking it out in the weight room always helps, as well as going to the dfac and loading up your plate with a bunch of food you normally dont eat like burgers and fries or ice cream, whatever you have available and just binge eat for a meal. You still feel like shit afterwards, but it helps for a little while at least.

HAHA, bro you must have been watching me or something because I murdered the DFAC at lunch. Burger, potato wedges...you name it. I feel like a fat ass right now. Turning my anger into motivation is my goal for the day. You fucking nailed it when you said, "leave it to the army to fuck shit up for your family."

BryanSmash!
09-06-09, 11:10 am
HAHA, bro you must have been watching me or something because I murdered the DFAC at lunch. Burger, potato wedges...you name it. I feel like a fat ass right now. Turning my anger into motivation is my goal for the day. You fucking nailed it when you said, "leave it to the army to fuck shit up for your family."

lol they do have a tendency to do that.

You can always work off the all the shitty food you ate though lol.

CavScout1980
09-06-09, 11:14 am
today was my pull day. Started out with deadlifts and hit a max of 425lbs. Not bad for only doing deadlifts for about a month now. Won't be long and I will be up in the 500 range. Felt strong today, was lifting more than I ever have. Anger is good motivation. Going to take the day off tomorrow and think about what to do for my workouts this next week. Feeling beat right now, about to get some torrent in me. It always makes me feel better.

BryanSmash!
09-06-09, 11:18 am
today was my pull day. Started out with deadlifts and hit a max of 425lbs. Not bad for only doing deadlifts for about a month now. Won't be long and I will be up in the 500 range. Felt strong today, was lifting more than I ever have. Anger is good motivation. Going to take the day off tomorrow and think about what to do for my workouts this next week. Feeling beat right now, about to get some torrent in me. It always makes me feel better.

Angry deadlifts will always wear you out. Rest up!

CavScout1980
09-08-09, 1:44 pm
Yesterday was a day off for me and today was pretty much a day off too. Did some cardio and ab's but that was it. I am resting up for tomorrow. 6 Mile run is going to suck. Fuck it. At least I wont have to do cardio for a few days. Going to start the new Animal Cuts in the next few days. I am happy with how I look everywhere besides the gut. Always been a problem for me. Will see how it goes.

BryanSmash!
09-08-09, 1:48 pm
Yesterday was a day off for me and today was pretty much a day off too. Did some cardio and ab's but that was it. I am resting up for tomorrow. 6 Mile run is going to suck. Fuck it. At least I wont have to do cardio for a few days. Going to start the new Animal Cuts in the next few days. I am happy with how I look everywhere besides the gut. Always been a problem for me. Will see how it goes.

6 miler.

Ick.

CavScout1980
09-08-09, 2:01 pm
Tell me about it bro. I might die. I do cardio a few times a week but it is not anything like that. I go about 6 mph max on the treadmill for about 20-30 minutes. I hate running with a passion. Forgot to put in my original post that I had one of those moments today in the DFAC where it was a weird pride thing. My shoulders are getting too wide to fit in the urinal stall haha. Pretty proud of that.

Firedrake
09-08-09, 2:15 pm
Leave it to the Army to pull the rug out -- I remember it all too well. Nonetheless, you got some good pulling in. I'm always happy to see soldiers moving beyond what they laughingly call PT, and you're doing it in spite of it all.

Good luck with the 6 mile run -- I hate running in formation to begin with, because my normal running stride is longer than average, and my knees are always killing me in short order.

As for the urinal stall: I had that problem at the L.A. County Fairgrounds last year, and at Disneyland earlier this year. That, and I've been using the handicapped stalls in the toilet just to have room to sit down for awhile now. As it is, I have to rest my arm on top of the vanity at home when I sit on the john, or sit at an angle because of my shoulders, so I sympathize.

The other place where shoulder width is an issue is when they try to stuff you in an MRI tube -- that one's LOADS of fun <grin>.

How long ARE you deployed for, bro?

CavScout1980
09-08-09, 2:38 pm
I feel you on the short strides bro. I am 6'4" tall so the short legs all around me suck. I normally run near the front of the formation so sometimes it isn't that bad. I should be home before thanksgiving, not too much longer left in this shithole. Unless stop-loss comes back this should be my last deployment. Time to get the fuck out!! The Army has lowered their standard too much...that is all I am going to say about that haha.

BryanSmash!
09-08-09, 3:49 pm
Tell me about it bro. I might die. I do cardio a few times a week but it is not anything like that. I go about 6 mph max on the treadmill for about 20-30 minutes. I hate running with a passion. Forgot to put in my original post that I had one of those moments today in the DFAC where it was a weird pride thing. My shoulders are getting too wide to fit in the urinal stall haha. Pretty proud of that.

Being too wide in the shoulders is a good problem to have in my book lol.

CavScout1980
09-08-09, 4:02 pm
Being too wide in the shoulders is a good problem to have in my book lol.

for sure bro. It is a great problem!

BryanSmash!
09-08-09, 4:08 pm
for sure bro. It is a great problem!

Ive got the same problem in the showers here- I touch the shower curtain and the opposite wall at the same time with my shoulders, so I can relate lol.

CavScout1980
09-08-09, 5:00 pm
HAHA don't you hate that shit! Nothing worse than some nasty ass shower curtain sticking to your ass. Cause you know some dude just spanked it in there not too long ago. Nasty ass fucking showers! But I do have to say that it is better than 30 days without a shower. My buddy shit his pants one time and there was no way he could shower for a few days. He had shit all down in his boots and stuff haha. Someone had some extra pants but nobody had boots for him. Poor guy had to wear his shit stained boots for like 4 days. I am just glad I wasn't on that truck cause they had to sleep in there and smell that shit. Something about someone shitting themself in the middle of a war always made me laugh. No idea how I got on that topic. But yeah, the showers suck haha.

Firedrake
09-08-09, 5:07 pm
Ummm . . . TMI! Oversharing, roughing the reader -- two drink penalty. Half the distance to the bar. Pissing their pants because they were scared I've seen, but not completely losing control of the sphincter.

There's one other place where being too wide in the shoulders is an issue. Airline seats. I was flying out of my Houston layover to the Arnold this year, and found I was on this relatively small jet with most of the Houston Powerlifting Team -- I think I was the smallest guy on the plane at 230. I was jammed up against the window, and the guy next to me had his left arm hanging over the side of the seat into the aisle, getting run into every time the drink cart went past.

I swear, we were so loaded I wasn't sure that plane was gonna get off the ground!

BryanSmash!
09-09-09, 2:50 am
HAHA don't you hate that shit! Nothing worse than some nasty ass shower curtain sticking to your ass. Cause you know some dude just spanked it in there not too long ago. Nasty ass fucking showers! But I do have to say that it is better than 30 days without a shower. My buddy shit his pants one time and there was no way he could shower for a few days. He had shit all down in his boots and stuff haha. Someone had some extra pants but nobody had boots for him. Poor guy had to wear his shit stained boots for like 4 days. I am just glad I wasn't on that truck cause they had to sleep in there and smell that shit. Something about someone shitting themself in the middle of a war always made me laugh. No idea how I got on that topic. But yeah, the showers suck haha.

lol when ya gotta go, ya gotta go. Ive seen soldiers just stop what they're doing, drop their pants, and take a dump right there in front of everyone. Must be the food lol.

CavScout1980
09-09-09, 1:41 pm
lol when ya gotta go, ya gotta go. Ive seen soldiers just stop what they're doing, drop their pants, and take a dump right there in front of everyone. Must be the food lol.

The food and the heat bro haha. It is a wicked combo!

BryanSmash!
09-09-09, 1:42 pm
The food and the heat bro haha. It is a wicked combo!

Very true! lol

CavScout1980
09-09-09, 1:53 pm
This morning sucked ass. I stayed with the main group but I paid for it. Blisters on the arches of both feet. Never had a blister on the arch of my foot before. One is about the size of a dime and the other is huge, about the size of a stick of gum. Then I was out in the sun all day and felt sick as fuck. After a nap and dinner I think I am back to normal. Today is my push day, thought about just taking today off and doing it tomorrow but I am craving the pump. Great addiction to have in my opinion.

BryanSmash!
09-09-09, 2:31 pm
This morning sucked ass. I stayed with the main group but I paid for it. Blisters on the arches of both feet. Never had a blister on the arch of my foot before. One is about the size of a dime and the other is huge, about the size of a stick of gum. Then I was out in the sun all day and felt sick as fuck. After a nap and dinner I think I am back to normal. Today is my push day, thought about just taking today off and doing it tomorrow but I am craving the pump. Great addiction to have in my opinion.

Besides, a little pain in the gym and youll forget all about those blisters!

mcbeast
09-09-09, 8:55 pm
Besides, a little pain in the gym and youll forget all about those blisters!

Tis true!

Sorry to hear your stuck in the sandbox, and not heading back home in a few weeks. Speaking of, where is home? When you ETS i mean.

Skimmed through whats been going on here, some humor, some pain, tons of motivation and a relentless drive. Sounds like a guy i would be friends with, ha. Keep up the good work. Hang in there till Nov. Its not too much longer.

I read about the Deads as well. I too worked up to 405 really quick when i first started. Then, it like stopped. Shitty deal, lol.

& Remember next time your heading into the urinal, walk in to it sideways. Ive jammer my shoulders multiple times,short and only getting wider! Haha

CavScout1980
09-10-09, 8:51 am
Well bro, home use to be California. Not really sure where we will end up when I get done with this shit. Have family all over the country, but it is expensive to live in Cali. We will see what happens. As far as not going home in a few weeks, I just got the word today that I might not be shit out of luck just yet. Gonna keep doing what I do and hope that good things come my way. Can't really complain too much, everyday that you are alive is a good day.

Had a good workout last night. Typical Push day, except I added some Incline Flies and front raises for shoulders. I gave myself a little bit more time between sets and it seemed to work because I didn't feel weak or anything. Started taking the new Animal Cuts this morning. Woke up, popped the cuts then hit the gym for some cardio and abs, about 25 minutes on the Eliptical and 5 sets of abs. Feeling pretty good today, not as sore as I was after my last run. Tonight is my Pull night, don't think I will be doing deadlifts. Felt that 425 for a few days. I am thinking I might just do DL's once a week from now on. Maybe I will just do light DL's tonight. I dont know.

BryanSmash!
09-10-09, 9:51 am
Just listen to your body, and youll be fine.

CavScout1980
09-19-09, 12:49 pm
Been busy lately so I have not been able to keep up with my Journey. But I have been able to get my workouts in and keep a solid diet. So far I am 10 days into my cut and I have lost 4 lbs. I am happy with how it's going so far. Can see a lot more definition and I feel great. Got legs tonight so I am looking forward to that. Gotta love not being able to walk right for a day or two!

CavScout1980
09-19-09, 1:13 pm
I also want to thank all the awesome people at Animal for all that they do. I signed up for the Military Promo and got a gift box from them with all kinds of cool shit. It is little things like like this that keep a customer coming back time and time again. Add to that great products and you got an Animal for life!

BryanSmash!
09-19-09, 1:36 pm
I also want to thank all the awesome people at Animal for all that they do. I signed up for the Military Promo and got a gift box from them with all kinds of cool shit. It is little things like like this that keep a customer coming back time and time again. Add to that great products and you got an Animal for life!

Right on man, that package sure is a morale booster!