PDA

View Full Version : Bulking, Food, Eating, HELP?

gymrat1225
08-29-09, 8:25 pm
Im 16 and in high school, i know alot about training (i research and i work at my local gym), but i dont know alot about food. SO this is why im asking for adivce from the real fuckin animals. I looked into other forums an post its prolly there but i just cant seem to find it. but im gonna be lazy and let someone answer my question. Im 5'7" @145 pounds right now im as big as im gonna get at this weight and pretty strong for my age and have been training for a while. I never reall realized the importance of nutrtion till now (how Fuckin stupid am i!). Im trying to gain weight but its hard still only fluctuating around 145. So can someone help me i would like to get some questions answer like <What foods should i be eating (breakfast, snacks, lunch, dinner, before bed, whenever><what sorta foods could i bring to school to eat during class, and even add to a balanced school lunch?>. Im willing to take in any info i wanna learn everything i can while im young to get better quicker and not waste this very opportunisitc time in my weightlifting life. I wanna become a future ANIMAL! so give me any damn advice

LegendKillerJosh
08-29-09, 9:54 pm
Steak, fish, eggs, chicken, oats, rice, pasta, veggies, oils, seeds, nuts. Lots of them. There are plenty of threads about eating at work/school. Search for them.

adidas
08-29-09, 10:03 pm
start here (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=19919)....
and stop cussin' loke a sailor.

J-PILE
08-30-09, 1:27 am
Hang around here and read AS MUCH AS YOU CAN.... It's gonna be a learning process for quite some time bud, trust me. Be patient.

BubbyLight
08-31-09, 10:48 am
start here (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=19919)....
and stop cussin' loke a sailor.

hahah yea. you kiss your mother with those lips

Pravus
08-31-09, 12:45 pm
Drink at least a gallon of water a day. That helped me weight. hahaha.

Ir0nClad
09-01-09, 2:20 pm
Im 16 and in high school, i know alot about training (i research and i work at my local gym), but i dont know alot about food. SO this is why im asking for adivce from the real fuckin animals. I looked into other forums an post its prolly there but i just cant seem to find it. but im gonna be lazy and let someone answer my question. Im 5'7" @145 pounds right now im as big as im gonna get at this weight and pretty strong for my age and have been training for a while. I never reall realized the importance of nutrtion till now (how Fuckin stupid am i!). Im trying to gain weight but its hard still only fluctuating around 145. So can someone help me i would like to get some questions answer like <What foods should i be eating (breakfast, snacks, lunch, dinner, before bed, whenever><what sorta foods could i bring to school to eat during class, and even add to a balanced school lunch?>. Im willing to take in any info i wanna learn everything i can while im young to get better quicker and not waste this very opportunisitc time in my weightlifting life. I wanna become a future ANIMAL! so give me any damn advice

If your trying to bulk then I would suggest around 5,000 calories a day. I would suggest drinking about a gallon of milk a day, whole milk, which has 2,400 calories already. Eating clean is good, but if you need to get the calories in then have a burger or two. You won't get big and strong eating only 2,000 calories a day.

IronJunkie
09-01-09, 2:40 pm
I was in high school not too long ago, bud. I caught shit all the time because I carried a big ass igloo cooler around. I don't know if you have free periods or study halls, but I was able to sneak in 3 meals during school. Eat big in the morning (I always went with 6-8 eggs and 1-1.5 cups of oats). Then, in between morning meal and lunch I'd slam a shake with ground oats in it (by means of a coffee grinder). For lunch, I'd eat yams and ground beef with some greens most of the time, and if I started to notice too much fat, I'd switch to chicken for a minute. I had a free period between lunch and the end of the day, so there I'd eat a can of tuna in oil with some frank's red hot and a granola bar and natty peanut butter or something to keep my stomach full. At the end of the day, I'd take my pre-workout supps (may I suggest Animal Pump/Shock Therapy? haha). Do what you have to do, and sorry for the novel. P.S. I went from a skinny 160 to a solid 215 between sophomore summer and the end of senior year. Keep hitting it hard. Remember, it's a personal commitment. It's probable that no one else in your school will understand. They don't need to. Peace.

Altered Beast
09-01-09, 3:12 pm
Just remember young jedi, this is not something you can achieve success at by taking a day off or a week off. If you are truly serious about this, know that you must research and experience countless trial and error to figure out what works for you.

This is lived everyday 24-7, it must become your lifestyle or you will fail.

Want some motivation? How about every hot girl at your school looking back at you twice because you are swollen and every other guy there has cigarette arms!

Get to work!! Post weekly successes and problems you're having.