PDA

View Full Version : Deployment Recipes.

CavScout1980
08-30-09, 8:06 am
Alright so I did a search and didn't find anything like this so I figure I would start a new threat to help myself and others. Everyone who has been deployed or is deployed right now knows it is hard to eat right and you dont always have access to food. Well I should say most people dont always have access to food. Some of the POGs around here seem to have more food than they need. Anyways, I wanted to see some ideas on what people eat when they can't get to the chow hall for a meal, or when you just don't feel like walking your ass around in 130 degree heat. Show your recipes that you have that include shit that you can find at the DFAC or at the PX. I will start out with one that I found. Anyone can join in on this, I know the Military isn't the only job where you can't always eat so I am sure others have some recipes too.

CavScout1980
08-30-09, 8:07 am
Ingredients:
Starkist Chunk Light Tuna 6.4 oz pouch – Whole pouch
Ritz Crackers – 5 crackers
Miracle Whip – 2 packets
Mustard – 2 packets
Salt and Pepper to taste

Nutrition:
Calories: 320
Total Fat: 11 g
Carbs: 16g
Protein: 40g

Take the tuna pouch and throw everything in there and mix it up. It is easy as hell and tastes pretty good. You can find all this stuff in the DFAC or at the PX if you are lucky enough to have one. I found that the pouches taste a hell of a lot better than the cans.

Soldier
09-28-09, 11:06 pm
Ingredients:
Starkist Chunk Light Tuna 6.4 oz pouch – Whole pouch
Ritz Crackers – 5 crackers
Miracle Whip – 2 packets
Mustard – 2 packets
Salt and Pepper to taste

Nutrition:
Calories: 320
Total Fat: 11 g
Carbs: 16g
Protein: 40g

Take the tuna pouch and throw everything in there and mix it up. It is easy as hell and tastes pretty good. You can find all this stuff in the DFAC or at the PX if you are lucky enough to have one. I found that the pouches taste a hell of a lot better than the cans.

Good recipe, bro. Also, thank you for your service and doing your part keeping America safe here at home and abroad.

mark
09-29-09, 10:52 am
Ramen Noodles + canned bbq chicken... Cook noodles, dump bbq chicken on it, heat, add cheese if you want...

Kashi cereal
milk (if you're lucky enough to have it) or water
add in some protein powder (casein or milk protein work best... don't even bother using whey for this imo)
pb
any dried fruit you may like
mix it all together... don't ask me how much or what because i never measure stuff, i use a container or 2 of this, a couple scoops of that, etc... But pretty much mix all this together, and you can either stick in a fridge if your shop has one, or bake it... aka, stick it in an ammo container outside at noon time (this at leasts works well here in HOA... and make sure you santize the ammo containers as well... don't want lead/other weird stuff leaching into your food).

Do a search for protein bar recepies and then just improvise with what you actually have access too... If the recipe calls for baking, i just grab some ammo containers and set them outside my shop and check on them periodically till they're "cooked".

I just got a care package from Universal/Animal that had some Real Gains samples in them, so i will be experimenting with those in the up coming weeks to see how they hold up to the "cooking" experiments... Thanks guys!