PDA

View Full Version : Arm Day

sideburnz
08-30-09, 1:34 pm
I've been doing a total of 21 sets on arm day. 12 for Tris. 9 for Bis. So far I think it has worked. But i don't know if I'm over-training. This is my workout:

Dips – 4sets
Skull crushers – 4sets
Lying dumbbell extensions – 4sets

Barbell curls – 4sets
Single-arm preacher curls – 5sets

I used to do close-grip benches for Tris but just needed a change, will add it back in a month or so. Pls let me know what you Animals feel about the routine.

violator
08-30-09, 1:46 pm
How long have u been training?

Having an arm specific day cant hurt....shit, my boy D-Bomb beats the shit outta his guns & theyre 19.5inches(for that reason)....But that kids crazy with the volume training & hes been at it for years...

but for me personally, i only hit up arms by themselves when im running nutrition 100% and an advanced supp stack..like a TEST/STAK explosion.....i also love an arms only day with a serving of shock therapy beforehand...massive skin tearing pumps!

most of the time i go for frequency over volume...i feel my arms r worked enough by heavy rows & deads.....(funnily enough, squats aswell...haha)

sideburnz
08-30-09, 1:49 pm
im coming close to just a year of training.

Muscleguy93
08-30-09, 2:26 pm
you answered your own question. If its working then its not over training.

MVP
08-31-09, 12:04 am
I've been doing a total of 21 sets on arm day. 12 for Tris. 9 for Bis. So far I think it has worked. But i don't know if I'm over-training. This is my workout:

Dips – 4sets
Skull crushers – 4sets
Lying dumbbell extensions – 4sets

Barbell curls – 4sets
Single-arm preacher curls – 5sets

I used to do close-grip benches for Tris but just needed a change, will add it back in a month or so. Pls let me know what you Animals feel about the routine.

You would know if you were overtraining. You don't overtrain a muscle, you overtrain a body system. The nervous system is what you overtrain. Muscle that is overtrained would be damaged beyond repair or undernourished so it didn't get enough nutrients to recuperate.

You always go through an overreaching phase before overtraining, you don't overreach muscle tissue either. You overreach a nervous system. Your arm day looks fine, keep doing it and keep gaining weight and your arms will grow.

Edit:- Also, parallel dips aren't triceps exercise. It's a chest exercise. Parallel dips are called "chest dips" and triceps dips are where you would lay down beside a bench (pulling your arms behind you) which would take tension off the chest.

Remember, the chest doesn't exist to assist the triceps, the triceps exist to assist the chest. When they're involved in the same movement, the chest is the prime mover.

violator
08-31-09, 7:42 am
im coming close to just a year of training.

cool man, power to ya....

for myself (& a lot of other cats)... i found that for the first few years, volume training like uve outlined above works well...youre young & got the natural juice to beat yourself half to death, so theres nothing wrong with what ur doin....just remember that ur body will get used to ur routine, so change it up every 6-8weeks to keep it guessing....also, when using volume u MUST keep an eye on what ur bodys feedback is telling u...high exertion on 4 / 5 or 6 day splits can leave u feeling burnt out after a while, thats when its time to back off, deload & change things up to keep progress comin....

The bad news is that u might find u reach a plateau with volume training after a while....but by that time u shouldve read thru the whole forvm & ull have found many exciting training systems to keep ur training fresh & progressing....in short uve come to the right place bro...now get reading & expand that knowledge....

peace

Razor
08-31-09, 9:45 am
you answered your own question. If its working then its not over training.

Amen to this. If you see results in anything you do you know you're doing something right. Keep us posted on your hard work.

sideburnz
09-01-09, 8:55 am
thanks bros for the replies.