PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Steak

boyer77
09-01-09, 11:40 am
We get flank steak at Cosco (not sure if they have those everywhere) and it is about 14 bucks for about 8 good sized steaks. make your self a rub of garlic powder, salt, pepper, a little chili powder and some onion powder. Rub each side of the steak and then coat it with a bit of olive oil. Heat up a skillet on medium for about 5-7 min. Place the steak in there for about 1.5 - 2 min each side ( i like em bloody). Add some brown rice and veggies.... That is a good meal. You can also slice it up once cooked and do fajitas.

On Letting Go
09-01-09, 11:54 am
Awesome, bro. I have a costco in my area, i'll have to get in there and check that out. I love eating steak post-WO.

boyer77
09-01-09, 11:58 am
It's great the next day for lunch too... put it on a salad with some balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing.

On Letting Go
09-01-09, 11:59 am
Hell yeah. Whenever i cook chicken or steak i always make enough for the next couple of days. I love making fajitas with the leftover steak/chicken. Delicious.

machineman
09-01-09, 12:25 pm
gonna have to hit up Cosco soon! thanks, bro!

squattingtillipuke
09-02-09, 1:14 pm
Brother another great idea for Flank is to marinate it overnight with some fresh veggies and spices and grill the meat on each side for 10 minutes. Cut it into strips and make some steak fajitas with it...I have the recipe at home for the veggies, etc I will post it later. This is some good stuff though.

boyer77
09-02-09, 1:28 pm
Brother another great idea for Flank is to marinate it overnight with some fresh veggies and spices and grill the meat on each side for 10 minutes. Cut it into strips and make some steak fajitas with it...I have the recipe at home for the veggies, etc I will post it later. This is some good stuff though.

look forward to get the recipe. I will definitely try that one...

t_mh
09-03-09, 10:12 pm
The costco near me has the best steak of any store around.

arron1134
09-04-09, 12:48 am
Costco is good for selling stuff like these steaks. They also carry bags of Salmon that I find to be the best frozen Salmon around.

Firefist
09-04-09, 12:54 am
same thing goes for sams clubs.

also try goin on sundays, they usually like to clear stock and put the fresh stuff out on mondays so everything is almost half off.

On Letting Go
09-04-09, 7:14 am
Costco ftw.

Madcat
09-04-09, 7:23 am
Also,
Do what I did, buy a "case" 60lbs of top round at 1.89 a pound. You cant beat that anywhere. Costco or Sams sells it like that.

It came in 3 Cryopacks each approx 20lbs, obviouslly.

But for real, It can be fridged for up to a month like that, but I butchered 1 pack up cooked 1/3 of it, and still have 2 gallon bags filled with 5 filets each. I will be thawing them this weekend, then thawing another log next week to butcher.

It was 110 total for 60lbs. no matter where you go it wont be cheaper then that. Other then an actual meat shop, but I dont know of any by me really.

A deep freeze would be nice though.