PDA

View Full Version : 190kg squat x 5 reps

The Sun
09-01-09, 1:04 pm
My friend was with me on yesterday's workout, he weighs 107kg~ and attempted a 190kg squat for 5 reps PR.
squat is raw.
vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRHwabwaXsQ

I'm in the white shirt and blue shorts spotting and shouting :P

C.Coronato
09-01-09, 1:08 pm
Looking good, nice and deep. Solid work.

JUGGERNAUT
09-01-09, 1:19 pm
Cool, you are going to be there one day SUN.

The Sun
09-01-09, 1:19 pm
Cool, you are going to be there one day SUN.

I doubt it.....

Ir0nClad
09-01-09, 2:08 pm
My friend was with me on yesterday's workout, he weighs 107kg~ and attempted a 190kg squat for 5 reps PR.
squat is raw.
vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRHwabwaXsQ

I'm in the white shirt and blue shorts spotting and shouting :P

Nice squat, I saw this video yesterday actually on the Mark Rippetoe Q&A on strengthmill.net

JUGGERNAUT
09-01-09, 2:13 pm
I doubt it.....

*Coughing loudly* Let me re-phrase that then. You are only 21, YOU WILL DO THAT!

J Wong
09-01-09, 2:20 pm
That was a solid set.

The Sun
09-01-09, 2:55 pm
Nice squat, I saw this video yesterday actually on the Mark Rippetoe Q&A on strengthmill.net

yap, the same dude :)

Cellerator65
09-01-09, 4:57 pm
I doubt it.....

never count yourself out... never

satisfaction is the death of desire

Fury317
09-01-09, 5:24 pm
I doubt it.....

You're right, you'll never hit that with that attitude. The mind is extremely powerful- not many people realize this.

Keep working hard and eating right and visualizing big lifts and you'll be there- and surpass it.

Anyways good vid. Gotta admit though, I got a little worried watching the spotting. No one behind?

The Sun
09-01-09, 9:29 pm
never count yourself out... never

satisfaction is the death of desire

You're right, you'll never hit that with that attitude. The mind is extremely powerful- not many people realize this.

Keep working hard and eating right and visualizing big lifts and you'll be there- and surpass it.

Anyways good vid. Gotta admit though, I got a little worried watching the spotting. No one behind?

I got it guys, well yea of course I'll strive there...

the dude has already squatted 190 for 3, so 190kg for 5 was not supposed to be terribly hard for him. probably should have gotten another spotter from behind.

shizz702
09-01-09, 9:35 pm
That's some strong squatting. How long did it take for him to build up to that?

The Sun
09-01-09, 9:55 pm
That's some strong squatting. How long did it take for him to build up to that?

he's training for a year and a half, only few months on a good routine but he's a genetic freak.
currently doing the 5x5 madcow of Starr.

shizz702
09-02-09, 7:04 pm
he's training for a year and a half, only few months on a good routine but he's a genetic freak.

Yea he's freaky if he's burying that kind of weight after only a year and half. I mean that was no half squatting, he was ham to calfs on those!

I checked out his other vids and he's a pretty strong dude. Is he your training partner?

The Sun
09-02-09, 9:15 pm
Yea he's freaky if he's burying that kind of weight after only a year and half. I mean that was no half squatting, he was ham to calfs on those!

I checked out his other vids and he's a pretty strong dude. Is he your training partner?

online training partner mostly. he might start to train with me more often if he gets the job in my city.

and yea we do full-range movements or don't do them at all.

dyskee
09-03-09, 5:30 pm
nice i still have 90 kgs to go :D

violator
09-04-09, 7:27 am
awesome squat!...but dude...that rack looks horribly unsafe...horribly, horribly unsafe....

The Sun
09-04-09, 8:33 am
awesome squat!...but dude...that rack looks horribly unsafe...horribly, horribly unsafe....

it is :P

Littlefry
09-04-09, 12:11 pm

Yea 5x5 maddcow got me up to 450x5 last yea after I ran 2 full cycles of it. Dont let you mind tell you know, have faith in yourself and trust me you will be squatting that or higher some day.