PDA

View Full Version : The long road...

Tongan
09-02-09, 8:35 am
I'm 35, and now is the time to firmly grab the reigns and start steering again.... Time to repair years of sloth and gluttony... I've been doing cardio 3-5 times a week, and hitting the weights 2-3 times a week for 3 months and taking the PAK and its helped immensely... while i've been shaving off pounds and tightening up it has just not been enough..

Today i sit down and write out my regimen, for each 6 days that i am dedicating to reshaping my mind and body. And today i start keeping this log of my progress, for me. I'll get weight and and BF measurements and will post them soon.

Even though i've been lurking here for a few months, and started working out a few months ago.. I'm considering today day one. A rebirth of sorts with a serious fucking focus, dedication and a new level of intensity...

Day One Cardio -
5.30am - Took my first Cuts Pak...
6.00am - what a fucking rush my cardio was this morning.. 45 minutes of running on the treadmill wasn't enough.. Usually i'm dead by now but the Cuts must still be coursing cuz i pushed out an extra 15 minutes of HITT intervals on top of std. cardio...
Gonna go make some egg whites... i can't even wait for the weights tonight...

Nightly Weight training schedule and diet posted soon.

I've learned so much from all the professionals here who share their knowledge with everyone, and want to thank everyone who takes the time to post training routines, diet, and advice... its been the main motivation to take things seriously and dig my heels in.

C.Coronato
09-02-09, 9:10 am
Good to have you brother. You mind is in the right place, thats always the first and hardest step.

Tongan
09-03-09, 8:40 am
This morning up at 5.30 and then an hr of cardio at 6.

30 minutes running at intervals on treadmill, 30 minutes 12% incline climb to keep HR at 80%...
If it weren't for the cuts i'd be sleeping...

This is only day 2 of taking cuts and it took about 30 minutes to kick in and get settled...was a little off, not quite queasy.. maybe i'm not used to getting up so early

Last night was arms and chest.. here's what i did.

Triceps Pushdowns 6 sets of 10
Concentration Curls 6 sets of 8
Overhead Triceps Extensions 6 sets of 10
Incline Dumbbell Curls 6 sets of 6
Lying Dumbbell Triceps Extensions 6 sets of 8
Hammer Curls 6 sets of 8
Wrist Curls 5 sets of 10-20 reps

Dips 5 sets of 10
Pushups 25 x 4 1/2 std and 1/2 close grip

i wanted to do more chest but ran out of steam... only got 5 hrs sleep trying to adjust to new schedule here's what i did not finish...

Flat Bench Press
Incline Bench Press
Dumbbell Fly's...

I did wake up to incredibly sore arms/shoulders/back/forearms... so i feel good about that..

Tongan
09-03-09, 8:58 am
Workout schedule for Mon - Saturday

Cardio - 6AM - 7AM

Breakfast 7.30 - 1 whole egg, 4-6 egg whites
10am - banana
12pm - 8oz chicken breast, 1/2 cup rice, salad greens (olive oil and salt, sometimes balsamic)
3pm - muscle milk light shake or almonds or another 8oz chicken breast
7pm - 8oz protein (Chicken/Fish/Beef) Salad + 1/2 cup rice (brown)

Weights - 8PM -

So far i've dropped almost 40 lbs on this diet in the last 4 1/2 - 5 months, and replaced alot of BF with lean muscle.. I want to stay on this Cut for the rest of the year. but i'm showing either muscle growth during my cut or im losing enough body fat that it looks like muscle growth.. im a polynesian so were built big to begin with, sometimes hard to tell the progress

I usually stick to this diet plan pretty closely, however last night i had 2 small cans of tuna with 2 teaspoons of olive oil, seasoning... instead of chicken.

Tongan
09-03-09, 5:23 pm
This being the second day of taking the Cuts...

I feel great, can't wait to do a 5 mile tonight. Had to consciously think about eating the food and shake at noon and 4. Wasn't interested in eating much at all. First time in a long time i haven't been always craving something... be it protein or carbs..

Lovin them so far.

After a long jog, im gonna hit legs tonight.

Durrikan
09-03-09, 7:00 pm
This being the second day of taking the Cuts...

I feel great, can't wait to do a 5 mile tonight. Had to consciously think about eating the food and shake at noon and 4. Wasn't interested in eating much at all. First time in a long time i haven't been always craving something... be it protein or carbs..

Lovin them so far.

After a long jog, im gonna hit legs tonight.

welcome to the FORVM brother and looks like you are headed in the right direction
good luck

Tongan
09-03-09, 9:49 pm
Thanks guys, appreciate the welcome and the encouragement...

Some Black Flag, Social D, and a little Sex Pistols made 5.2 miles go by quickly... I'll post leg workout tonight or tomorrow before my cardio!

Refuge
09-03-09, 9:55 pm
...And he surfaces, abandoning the lurking, joining our ranks.

Looking great bro. Awesome progress, that's some serious fat loss. Keep it up.

Refuge

Tongan
09-04-09, 9:00 am
Thanks Refuge!!

My leg routine last night was hard to finish, but i pushed thru it.

Run for 10 minutes at 4mph with 5% incline
Squats 3 sets of 6 @ 250/150/100 - i think i need to increase the weight here but didn't want to run out of steam since earlier after right after work i did a 5.2 mile walk.
Leg extensions 3 x 6 @ setting 18 out of 20? (its a machine, i need a better stocked gym)
(tried to focus on half outer quads, then inner quads for the remainder shifting my legs)
30 Reps of lunges with 100lbs of dumbbells
Calf Raises 3 x 10 with Calve Machine at setting 18/20
Finish with another 5 min. jog at 4mph then a 3mph climb at 15% incline for 10 min to really put a sting on my tired quads and calves

This morning;

Hr of Cardio on Treadmill 30 Min Run / 25 Min Max Incline Hill Climb Routine - the speeds vary, but i try to maintain 80% HR for the hour, sometimes i slow it down when the HR creeps up past 85% for too long, but typically i have to keep increasing speeds on both the jog and the hill climb as i find my usual pace becoming easier and easier...

When i was done i hit the leg press just to stretch out my legs which are right now on fire from last night and now this sadistic morning..

call me a masochist.. but i can't wait to do my back tonight.