PDA

View Full Version : office setting ???

jbryan
09-03-09, 11:25 am
so basically i work in an office 9-5 i am trying to maintain a diet. that is high in protein. i cut out all junk garbage that i have been eating before. Also i cut the coffee and the energy drinks. I have been eating a lot of chicken, hard boiled eggs, and peanut butter sandwiches. My question is Beside what i have been doing...is there a way that i maintain a better diet while in the office and still eat to put on muscle or should i stay with what i am doing?

On Letting Go
09-03-09, 11:31 am
You can do any kind of diet you want man. You just gotta cook/pack your food ahead of time so you have enough for the whole day.

Gaining weight/muscle is about caloric excess and proper protein intake.

jbryan
09-03-09, 11:55 am
i have been going with about 1g of protein per pound. is that sufficient?

On Letting Go
09-03-09, 12:56 pm
Yes that should be fine.

deanna7272
09-03-09, 1:14 pm
I agree... As long as you are staying clean and strict with the diet and training, the hours in the office shouldn't affect you. We all can't be lucky enough to have a physical job that keeps us moving for 8+ hours.

It's funny to hear people complain, say for instance, secretaries because they SIT all day. They don't seem to mention that when they DO get up, they are hitting the vending machines OR snacking on chips or M&M's throughout the day...lol

((No offense secretaries...lol))

t_mh
09-03-09, 1:16 pm
I don't think I would call it lucky to work a job where you move for 8 hours a day. Working construction and then lifting afterwards, for example, is a bitch.

deanna7272
09-03-09, 1:21 pm
I don't think I would call it lucky to work a job where you move for 8 hours a day. Working construction and then lifting afterwards, for example, is a bitch.

True, but such is life... I work as a middle school PE teacher... I get to move all day... Compared to sitting all day, I think I am very fortunate... There are days that I'm tired, been on my feet TOO long, and been through some stress and don't feel like doing squat, but the point I was making was, make it a priority to train...

jbryan
09-03-09, 1:45 pm
thanks guys.....it is rough just sitting around all day and also considering i am one of the most active guys in the office. I appreciate the help. It seems that i am trying to constantly move around the office and keep looking at the clock to hit the gym. considering that is like the only really thing that i feel that i accomplish out of the week. i have actually be rotating my lifting schedule as well....but i have always stuck with a five day split