PDA

View Full Version : "Into The Fire" with Steve Kuclo

naturalguy
09-04-09, 3:31 pm
Universal athlete Steve Kuclo is embarking on his Journey towards an elusive IFBB Pro card. In 2008 at the Nationals he came close placing 3rd in the Super Heavyweight class. With one of the most impressive young physiques in the amateurs and a work ethic second to none Kuclo has set the stage to do some damage at this years Nationals on November 21st in Florida.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Kuclo2.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Kuclo1.jpg

This will serve as his contest journey. I know I will be along for the ride.

Durrikan
09-04-09, 4:13 pm
I'm in...where 'bouts in Florida? I live in south ga about 39 miles above fla/ga border...
would love to attend this event

naturalguy
09-04-09, 4:17 pm
I'm in...where 'bouts in Florida? I live in south ga about 39 miles above fla/ga border...
would love to attend this event

2009 NPC National Bodybuilding, Figure & Bikini Championships, to be held November 20-21 at the Westin Diplomat Resort in Hollywood/Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Kuclo
09-05-09, 8:41 pm
Universal athlete Steve Kuclo is embarking on his Journey towards an elusive IFBB Pro card. In 2008 at the Nationals he came close placing 3rd in the Super Heavyweight class. With one of the most impressive young physiques in the amateurs and a work ethic second to none Kuclo has set the stage to do some damage at this years Nationals on November 21st in Florida.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Kuclo2.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Kuclo1.jpg

This will serve as his contest journey. I know I will be along for the ride.

Thanks for starting this thread Eric! I am getting more excited by the day for the show and look forward to sharing my journey with you guys!

I am keeping training video's updated on youtube that you can see on my channel...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ghtjBIc1gU

Let the Fire Burn!!

LittleMan55
09-05-09, 11:10 pm
Good luck in your quest for that Pro Card!

Firedrake
09-08-09, 5:41 pm
Thanks for starting this thread Eric! I am getting more excited by the day for the show and look forward to sharing my journey with you guys!

I am keeping training video's updated on youtube that you can see on my channel...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ghtjBIc1gU

Let the Fire Burn!!

Count me in! I've been following your career for a couple of years now, and am looking forward to seeing what you come in with this time! Get it done, son!

Those squats in that first video that came up were sweet -- solid depth, pause, and killer weight! great stuff!

Mr. Dead
09-11-09, 6:07 pm
Subbed!!! Lookin' forward to seein' ya bring home that Pro card!!!

BryanSmash!
09-12-09, 8:56 am
I'm in too! Lookin forward to when you win your Pro Card!

G Diesel
09-15-09, 12:57 pm
The Mayor of Dallas is in the building... Looking forward to reading about your training big man.

For those that don't know, Kuclo is a DC master and expert in that very popular training style.

Hope you are doing well bro.

Peace, G

ghost
09-15-09, 1:02 pm
definitely subbed for this one!

Kuclo
09-17-09, 12:41 pm
Getting the Fire Started!

I am sitting just under 10 weeks out now and my conditioning is coming in accordingly. I guest posed this past Saturday at the Lonestar held at the Plano Center in Plano,TX.

I will be posting up some new youtube clips here in a few days and I will make sure I attach a link on the thread.

This has been my current training split:

Day1: Back, Traps, Bi’s, Cardio
Day2: Chest, Calves, Cardio
Day3: Work, Cardio
Day4: Legs
Day5: Shoulders, Traps, cardio
Day6: Work
Day7: Arms, calves
Day8: Back, Traps, Bi’s, Cardio
Day9: Work and repeat!

My cardio is at about 60-75minutes a day. I try and get as much cardio as I can in on my days off and may only get about 30 minutes on days I am at the firestation due to getting very busy if I am on the ambulance.

I am training legs tomorrow so it takes a good 24 hours to mentally prepare for the pain that is about to come. I will post my workout tomorrow. I usually dont have my workouts set in stone and usually make it up when I get to the gym.

Mr. Dead
09-17-09, 1:02 pm
Great stuff!!! Looking forward to hearing about the carnage of leg day!!!

C.Coronato
09-17-09, 1:06 pm
Looking good my brother. Keep it up, see you next week.

Firedrake
09-17-09, 1:25 pm
Quite a schedule, Steve -- props to you for getting it done while working a fire/ambulance gig. I'm impressed! I can't wait to see what you do to yourself on leg day -- I remember what you and Justin used to do to each other from the videos and his DVD.

I'm looking forward to meeting you at the ABC in Vegas!

Wasteland
09-17-09, 2:01 pm

I am sitting just under 10 weeks out now and my conditioning is coming in accordingly. I guest posed this past Saturday at the Lonestar held at the Plano Center in Plano,TX.

I will be posting up some new youtube clips here in a few days and I will make sure I attach a link on the thread.

My cardio is at about 60-75minutes a day. I try and get as much cardio as I can in on my days off and may only get about 30 minutes on days I am at the firestation due to getting very busy if I am on the ambulance.

I am training legs tomorrow so it takes a good 24 hours to mentally prepare for the pain that is about to come. I will post my workout tomorrow. I usually dont have my workouts set in stone and usually make it up when I get to the gym.

Thanks for posting this. Just to confirm, "work" refers to your gig as as fireman, right? Looking forward to your detailed workouts.

Universal Rep
09-18-09, 10:58 am

Sweet.

McFly
09-18-09, 2:25 pm
looking forward to following this one! good luck this year!

Metroflexplano
09-19-09, 8:21 pm
Hey guys

Just wanted to get on here and introduce myself.

I'm Greg McCoy, I own Metroflex Gym in Plano where Steve trains. I happen to be the designated training partner for Steve's prep this year which has been an awesome and painful experience.

So hopefully between the two of us we can get you guys plenty of training vids and stories

Glad to be here, shout out to Eric thanks for the support the posters look sick in the gym!

We hit legs this morning and it was brutal as ever, but I'll let Steve fill you in on the details

-Greg

Kuclo
09-20-09, 11:17 am
Hey guys

Just wanted to get on here and introduce myself.

I'm Greg McCoy, I own Metroflex Gym in Plano where Steve trains. I happen to be the designated training partner for Steve's prep this year which has been an awesome and painful experience.

So hopefully between the two of us we can get you guys plenty of training vids and stories

Glad to be here, shout out to Eric thanks for the support the posters look sick in the gym!

We hit legs this morning and it was brutal as ever, but I'll let Steve fill you in on the details

-Greg

Here is a video from last weeks leg workout...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VRiijp4bo4

This week was a brutal one...
Greg is pretty much walking death right now so that motivates me to kick his ass even more in the gym. I have pay backs coming when he is finished with his show and I have 3 weeks left for Nationals.

We always start legs with leg extensions and lying leg curls. We superset set the two for four sets. Reps are 10-15 and the last set did a drop set.

From there we did high rep (20reps) leg press w 8plates a side for five sets total. We did different foot position for every set.

From there we did single leg leg-curl superseted with barbell stiff leg deadlift for 3sets each. Reps were 10-12 each set.

At that point I looked at Greg and said, "You are gonna hate me!"

We went to the squat rack threw on 315 and squatted for sets of 10 for 5 total set.

Finished legs with a few more sets of high rep leg extension supersetted with back extension focusing on using our hamstring. Thats the end of it!

Here is a pic of the leg after the workout!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f366/skuclo/9weeksoutnats8.jpg

Firedrake
09-20-09, 12:44 pm
DAMN, Steve! Those hacks were nasty, and the program this week would've had me on the floor puking before you got to the squats.

The picture of your quads afterwards, however, would make me want to try. Looking SOLID!

naturalguy
09-20-09, 1:08 pm
That sounds like a brutal workout

Kuclo
09-22-09, 12:11 am
The week has started over and had one serious back workout today. Both Greg and I set some PR's for deadlifts. (Will have video up tomorrow)
I always tell people there is no reason you cant put on muscle when dieting and be at your strongest. You diet is spot on, you are doing a ton of cardio so you are in excellent cardiovascular condition and should be motivated for your upcoming show to dominate on stage and be the best.

Here is what our back workout looked like: (fighting 95*+ day outside so that makes for a little warmer in the gym)

Always like to start with pull-ups superset with hammer machine shrugs 4sets each 10-12 reps each

Prodeeding with a bad ass pump as this point we decided to deadlift
did 3 sets:
225x12
405x10
550x10 new PR

Smith Machine barell rows (use very strict form)
135x12
185x12
drop set 225x10 185x10 135x10

There are a few exercises that I put my own little twist on and close grip pull down is one of them. I will have to post a video to show you...
Close grip pull downs 3 sets 12reps

Set cable row
3sets 10-12reps

Finished workout with
dumbell shrugs and one arm t-bar rows
3sets each 10 reps per set

Did this followed by 30 minutes of cardio today

Firedrake
09-22-09, 12:25 am
Sweet!

Congrats! Hitting a PR while in Contest Prep takes serious balls. Doing a heavy back day in that weather, even more so.

Mr. Dead
09-22-09, 11:49 am
Those were some seriously sick sessions!!! Great stuff!!!

Metroflexplano
09-22-09, 7:03 pm
Yeah the back session was awesome. We were both still pretty sore from Saturday's leg thrashing so those deadlifts were especially painful at the bottom of every rep.

Uploading Steve's vid now, and I will post it.

Did Chest and calves today, and 45 minutes of cardio post workout. Steve's strength is through the roof! Not sure how we're doing it but we have both been breaking personal records. Steve got 405 for 8 i believe on flat bench, flys with 120's..

Metroflexplano
09-22-09, 7:12 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBpDJpv-wRI

Deadlift Video from Mondays Back Training!

naturalguy
09-22-09, 9:28 pm

Nice.

Good to see you on here.

Universal Rep
09-23-09, 12:57 pm
Some good stuff in here, for sure. What are your meals lookin' like, SK?

Mr. Dead
09-23-09, 1:23 pm

x2... What what supps are ya usin'...???

J-Dawg
09-23-09, 2:04 pm

Very impressive deadlifting Steve. After seeing that vid, how can ya not be fired up to hit some deads?

Hoomgar
09-23-09, 2:32 pm
Well you can consider me subbed Steve. Checked out all of your youtube vids and subbed there too. I think we have a new super star on the rise here fellas. I'm watching this boy. No way that Pro card isn't going into his pocket this year.

Nice.

Good to see you on here.

Agreed, welcome to the FORVM bro, good to have you hear.

x2... What what supps are ya usin'...???

x2 this ^^^^ gotta know what the big guy is eating and what supps he is using.

Much respect brother.

Hg

Firedrake
09-23-09, 2:39 pm

Nice deads! Now I have a new addiction, though -- your YouTube channel has a bunch of 'em I hadn't seen before. Great motivation!

Universal Rep
09-28-09, 12:12 pm
How was the Olympia, SK? Saw pics of you in The Compound...

G Diesel
09-28-09, 1:53 pm

That is some sick shit my brother... Inspiring.

Peace, G

Firedrake
09-28-09, 1:58 pm
Steve, it was great meeting you yesterday at the ABC! You're looking incredible!

C.Coronato
09-28-09, 2:00 pm
Thanks for the workout and the words of encouragement my man. Your looking large and in charge .. keep doing your thing and ill see you soon brother.

JasonG
10-01-09, 6:21 pm
It's great to see you here on Animal Steve! I saw your video on DC training with Justin Harris a while back. Freaking impressive! Are you still doing DC or have you moved on? I'm reading all the info on intense muscle and considering switching to that but not sure if I'm ready for it yet.

J-PILE
10-06-09, 1:31 am
Just found this thread... good stuff.

Subbed!

Kuclo
10-08-09, 1:10 pm
Hey Everyone! Sorry about not getting on here sooner. It was great meeting everyone at the ABC event at golds...was an awesome time for sure!
Finally getting back to normal after a crazy weekend at the olympia, getting a bad sinus infection that put me down for almost a week, and some family vistiting last week...IM BACK!
Workouts continue to get better and im still getting stronger...we took some video of our chest workout two days ago and finished my flat bench drop set with 455x5 and 275x12. Chest was pretty wrecked after that and now coming up to 6weeks out this weekend its full speed ahead.

My training has remained the same and I have just bumped up my cardio now to 2hrs a day...low-med intensity..treadmill and stairs primarily.

My diet has just changed...I am going low carbs for a few week and high fats to switch things up a bit.

Will keep everything updated when I can!

Wasteland
10-08-09, 1:12 pm
Hey Everyone! Sorry about not getting on here sooner. It was great meeting everyone at the ABC event at golds...was an awesome time for sure!
Finally getting back to normal after a crazy weekend at the olympia, getting a bad sinus infection that put me down for almost a week, and some family vistiting last week...IM BACK!
Workouts continue to get better and im still getting stronger...we took some video of our chest workout two days ago and finished my flat bench drop set with 455x5 and 275x12. Chest was pretty wrecked after that and now coming up to 6weeks out this weekend its full speed ahead.

My training has remained the same and I have just bumped up my cardio now to 2hrs a day...low-med intensity..treadmill and stairs primarily.

My diet has just changed...I am going low carbs for a few week and high fats to switch things up a bit.

Looking forward to it Kuclo. Hope you're feeling better.

S. Clarida
10-08-09, 1:13 pm

Keep goin on strong Steve..few weeks till SHOWTIME! Hope to meet you at the Arnold this year!

GK

Metroflexplano
10-08-09, 9:53 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwBUew6QrUo

Video of the aformentioned chest drop set!

Hoomgar
10-08-09, 10:29 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwBUew6QrUo

Video of the aformentioned chest drop set!

That's how a BB bench press drop set is done right there. Strong stuff Steve. Thanks for posting that bro.

Hg

Kuclo
10-26-09, 11:55 am
Update Time...

I am just catching a mintue at work and wanted to write an updated on here...

First sorry for not being on as much as I'd like to be. Between the 2hrs of cardio I am doing and the 1.5hrs of training a day I feel like my time is gone before I know it and then there is the severe lack of energy.

Sitting about 3.5weeks out from the competition and really dialing things in. I am working with Art Atwood and he is bringing me in. Man knows his stuff!!

My training split is still the same with my work schedule... Workouts are getting very hard with low calories and low carbs. All a means to an end.

For My cardio I am doing 60 minutes first thing in the morning and then 60 minutes post workout to get it done. lol
I am utilizing all the machines for cardio...just in an attempt to keep things interesting and help these last few weeks get by!

If anyone care the new December issue of Flex has a good write up about nationals you can check it out.

To give everyone an update on the ABC/Metroflex Plano event its a GO! Greg and I will be putting out a Flyer here this week and want as many people out as possible. The flyer will have all the details but there will be raffles, trianing, seminars, live band, food...and much more! date is going to be Dec.12th so mark it down!!!

Thanks everyone for the support and looking forward to these next few weeks!

Firedrake
10-26-09, 12:38 pm
Steve,

No, I haven't stepped onstage yet, but I've done the two hours of cardio bit when Rage had me cutting, so I know the time crunch you're under.

Get the job done, first! We'll be here to chat when you've gotten the trophy! *grin*

Dingo
10-26-09, 12:38 pm
Update Time...

I am just catching a mintue at work and wanted to write an updated on here...

First sorry for not being on as much as I'd like to be. Between the 2hrs of cardio I am doing and the 1.5hrs of training a day I feel like my time is gone before I know it and then there is the severe lack of energy.

Sitting about 3.5weeks out from the competition and really dialing things in. I am working with Art Atwood and he is bringing me in. Man knows his stuff!!

My training split is still the same with my work schedule... Workouts are getting very hard with low calories and low carbs. All a means to an end.

For My cardio I am doing 60 minutes first thing in the morning and then 60 minutes post workout to get it done. lol
I am utilizing all the machines for cardio...just in an attempt to keep things interesting and help these last few weeks get by!

If anyone care the new December issue of Flex has a good write up about nationals you can check it out.

To give everyone an update on the ABC/Metroflex Plano event its a GO! Greg and I will be putting out a Flyer here this week and want as many people out as possible. The flyer will have all the details but there will be raffles, trianing, seminars, live band, food...and much more! date is going to be Dec.12th so mark it down!!!

Thanks everyone for the support and looking forward to these next few weeks!

any chance of getting a few flyers in pdf form to post up? Cant wait!

Dingo
10-26-09, 12:43 pm
Also, Steve, Greg, thanks to the two of you so much for this opportunity. I know I for one am very excited about it and hopefully we will have a great representation from the guys here at the forvm.

Kuclo
10-30-09, 2:33 pm
Also, Steve, Greg, thanks to the two of you so much for this opportunity. I know I for one am very excited about it and hopefully we will have a great representation from the guys here at the forvm.

The flyer is complete and all the final loose ends just tied up with the event. I'll have Greg post it up on the boards but we want the biggest representation of the ABC crew we can get...

To give you an update with things:

I worked yesterday...had a little apartment fire and got my 2hours of cardio in along with being the full time cook at the station.
I am back on very very low carbs for a week or two just depends on my progress.

I am training Arms and Legs the next two days before Im back at work.

I am going to be filming with Muscular Development next week to show some prep coverage for Nats and some cool lifestyle stuff.

Dingo
10-30-09, 3:01 pm
The flyer is complete and all the final loose ends just tied up with the event. I'll have Greg post it up on the boards but we want the biggest representation of the ABC crew we can get...

Definitely! Greg already posted up the links to the flyer. Hopefully this will be the largest TABC (love the irony in the initials) event so far!

Metroflexplano
11-02-09, 6:04 pm
Looking forward to getting everybody out to the gym. We are working hard to make this event a big success and a memorable one for everyone invovled! So help us bring a crowd out.

Also catch Steve on Rx Muscle's Heavy Muscle Radio Show tonight at 6pm cst.

Flyer Front
http://www.flickr.com/photos/42389445@N05/4055707461/

Flyer Back
http://www.flickr.com/photos/42389445@N05/4055707629/

Metroflexplano
11-02-09, 6:07 pm
Here's a video from last thursday, 3 weeks and 1 day out pushin 180 pound dumbbells!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEaep58300o

Mr. Dead
11-02-09, 6:08 pm
Looking forward to getting everybody out to the gym. We are working hard to make this event a big success and a memorable one for everyone invovled! So help us bring a crowd out.

Also catch Steve on Rx Muscle's Heavy Muscle Radio Show tonight at 6pm cst.

Flyer Front
http://www.flickr.com/photos/42389445@N05/4055707461/

Flyer Back
http://www.flickr.com/photos/42389445@N05/4055707629/

Great stuff, there!!! Makes me wish I lived back in that neck of the woods, again...

Kuclo
11-07-09, 2:39 pm
Hey guys!

Wanted to give you an update sitting just under 2 weeks out...

I am by far the best I have ever looked this far out and even the day of the show. Atwood has me pushing really hard these last few weeks to get the leanest I can possibly get. We are going all by caliper numbers and not worrying about the scale. I have to say thank Universal for having such awesome tasting products to make this diet enjoyable. The orange and grape BCAA stack and the EAA stack are caring me thru. I taek a scoop with every meal and drink about 2 scoops during my workouts.
My cardio is still at 2 hours and thats as High as we are going to go.

since Wednesday I have been filming with MD and had some awesome last heavy hard lifts this weeks. Today I am at the fire station and we filmed this morning while on duty and got some cool lifestyle clips from the station and what I do for work.
Keep an eye out on MD in about a week for those to come out.

Greg is at a Local National qualifying powerlifting event today with a booth for metroflex handing out Universal samples flyers for the BIG ABC event on Dec. 12th! We should have a huge turn out so get your calenders marked down, cleared, whatever you have do to make the event...MD will be at the event possibly streaming live.

Dingo
11-07-09, 2:49 pm
is it december yet?

N. Motta
11-20-09, 2:42 am
Steve

Just wanted to let you know how cool I thought your 'Day in the Life' segment was on MDtv. I gotta give you huge props for what you do, while still making your presence known as a serious threat at the National level. That pro card is yours!

Big thanks to being such a great example too. Seeing that one can pursue a career they are passionate about, holding down a family and not only continuing, but excelling in your bodybuilding career is great to see. It's an inspiration, as I think firefighting is a very honorable career. You should be proud dude.

Over the next 12 months I plan on completing a few different certifications before I begin testing at various departments here in Utah.

Thanks again. Kick some fucking ass at Nationals man!

Nick

C.Coronato
11-23-09, 1:36 pm
Keep killing it brother. Damn proud of you for sticking to it and doing your thing. Ill see you soon my man!

Universal Rep
12-07-09, 1:15 pm
Hey guys!

Wanted to give you an update sitting just under 2 weeks out...

I am by far the best I have ever looked this far out and even the day of the show. Atwood has me pushing really hard these last few weeks to get the leanest I can possibly get. We are going all by caliper numbers and not worrying about the scale. I have to say thank Universal for having such awesome tasting products to make this diet enjoyable. The orange and grape BCAA stack and the EAA stack are caring me thru. I taek a scoop with every meal and drink about 2 scoops during my workouts.
My cardio is still at 2 hours and thats as High as we are going to go.

since Wednesday I have been filming with MD and had some awesome last heavy hard lifts this weeks. Today I am at the fire station and we filmed this morning while on duty and got some cool lifestyle clips from the station and what I do for work.
Keep an eye out on MD in about a week for those to come out.

Greg is at a Local National qualifying powerlifting event today with a booth for metroflex handing out Universal samples flyers for the BIG ABC event on Dec. 12th! We should have a huge turn out so get your calenders marked down, cleared, whatever you have do to make the event...MD will be at the event possibly streaming live.

Been a month... We want, no we demand, more entries... Who here is with me???? More entries, more entries, more entries....

Mr. Dead
12-07-09, 1:16 pm
Been a month... We want, no we demand, more entries... Who here is with me???? More entries, more entries, more entries....

Definitely!!!

Firedrake
12-07-09, 1:17 pm

Absolutely! We need to hear more from Steve! What went on at the contest? How'd he come in? What's his training like now?

Mr. Dead
12-07-09, 1:18 pm
Absolutely! We need to hear more from Steve! What went on at the contest? How'd he come in? What's his training like now?

What's his diet like, now??? What's his supplement stack look like...??? We have need of tons of info...

NJC_Manhattan
12-07-09, 1:21 pm
What's his diet like, now??? What's his supplement stack look like...??? We have need of tons of info...

x2

Universal Rep
12-07-09, 1:25 pm
Good points, all... How did the show go? We can easily see the results. But what about the insights behind the numbers? Thoughts? What about all the other questions posted here? Inquiring minds want to know... Hahah. Serious.

JasonG
12-07-09, 4:47 pm

Hell yeah that would be great but I for one aint demanding shit from big Steve LOL! Would like to hear your thoughts on Nationals, etc though.

Kuclo
12-08-09, 2:27 pm
x2

Good points, all... How did the show go? We can easily see the results. But what about the insights behind the numbers? Thoughts? What about all the other questions posted here? Inquiring minds want to know... Hahah. Serious.

Hey Guys!!
Thanks for all the encouraging messages and keeping up with me.

First I will give you a run down on my thought about the show and nationals. This year the Nationals was one of the strongest line-ups in a longgg time!
I obviously didnt place as high as I hoped for but I did achieve a goal of mine and that was getting in the best condition of my life. Yes I did over diet a big and my only mistake was not having enough time to fill back out. I was fuller and harder two weeks after my show after eating a ton of food. Its takes a TON of food to fill me out and just couldnt force feed enough the last week. But heck I learned and am REALLY motivated and have one hell of a fire lit under my ass. ;-) I started working with a good friend of mine, Art Atwood, 7 weeks out and he made amazing changes to my physique in that time and has been blasting away now getting the most out of my post contest rebound. I am really hitting this heavy and trying to pack on as much mass as i can and focus on back and chest.

I am sticking to alot of whole foods except post workout and maybe breakfast.

Here is my supplement intake:

AM: 1 seving BCAA Stack, 1 serv EAA Stack, 5g glutamine, Animal Flex, Animal Pak, and some digestive enzymes I have with breakfast.
If I decide to do a little cardio i switch up between Animal Cuts, Zero G, and Super Cuts 3. All are just enough to give me a little boost.

Pre Workout: I use 1 serv Shock Therapy with BCAA Stack.

During Workout: I use Intra-Aid (feels great to be able to use these products again now that Im offseason :) ) with 1 serv BCAA Stack.

Post Workout: I use 1.5 serv Torrent, 5g additional glutamine with 1 g vitamin C and some Chromax II (chromium picolinate)

Around Dinner: I will take some green tea extract, another Chromax II, Universal Daily Formula, and some Jointment Sport. Got to keep those joints lubed up!

PM: usually before best meal I use my am stack of EAA Stack, BCAA Stack, and Glutamine mix with Animal Omega, Universal Vitamin B Complex, ZMA Pro, Universal Vitamin E 1000.

Also Wanted to shoot you an update on the event status and the plans. Greg and I worked all morning on getting the gym together and finalizing the event schedule and personel needed. We also filmed a little promo video that Robbie Durand will post on MD soon hopefully. We are really hoping for a great turn out.
The first 100 people will recieve a choice of a animal shirt of log book. The shirts are more limited quantity.

Some vendors that will be present are Europa sports, Gasp clothing, House of Pain Clothing and gear, Results tanning/nutrition store and the special guests.

Food will be available at the event cooked by me and my lovely assistant my wife Amy.

We are really looking forward to seeing everyone and making this one of the most memorable ABC events yet!

Firedrake
12-08-09, 3:11 pm
It's good to hear from you, Steve! I can imagine that your placing wasn't what you hoped for, but it looks like you learned a lot from it, which can almost be more valuable.

I wish I could come to the event -- it sounds off the hook! Unfortunately, it's a bit far for the weekend, since I'm in L.A.

Beowulf
12-08-09, 3:19 pm
Thanks for the update Steve. What's your next show?

C.Coronato
12-08-09, 3:44 pm
Good to see you at the shoot my brother. Your a freak! See you soon.

Mr. Dead
12-08-09, 3:48 pm
Awesome stuff, there!!! And, thanks for the great info!!!

Kuclo
12-15-09, 8:23 pm
Thanks for the update Steve. What's your next show?

I havent really made it public yet but I will be doing the USA's in July. having a great offseason so far and really want to get back on stage and come out on fire!

Treetrunklegs:
It was great seeing you as well bro! Looking big as a house...after all those shows this year you are primed to grow!

Dingo
12-16-09, 1:59 am
Hey Guys!!
Thanks for all the encouraging messages and keeping up with me.

First I will give you a run down on my thought about the show and nationals. This year the Nationals was one of the strongest line-ups in a longgg time!
I obviously didnt place as high as I hoped for but I did achieve a goal of mine and that was getting in the best condition of my life. Yes I did over diet a big and my only mistake was not having enough time to fill back out. I was fuller and harder two weeks after my show after eating a ton of food. Its takes a TON of food to fill me out and just couldnt force feed enough the last week. But heck I learned and am REALLY motivated and have one hell of a fire lit under my ass. ;-) I started working with a good friend of mine, Art Atwood, 7 weeks out and he made amazing changes to my physique in that time and has been blasting away now getting the most out of my post contest rebound. I am really hitting this heavy and trying to pack on as much mass as i can and focus on back and chest.

I am sticking to alot of whole foods except post workout and maybe breakfast.

Here is my supplement intake:

AM: 1 seving BCAA Stack, 1 serv EAA Stack, 5g glutamine, Animal Flex, Animal Pak, and some digestive enzymes I have with breakfast.
If I decide to do a little cardio i switch up between Animal Cuts, Zero G, and Super Cuts 3. All are just enough to give me a little boost.

Pre Workout: I use 1 serv Shock Therapy with BCAA Stack.

During Workout: I use Intra-Aid (feels great to be able to use these products again now that Im offseason :) ) with 1 serv BCAA Stack.

Post Workout: I use 1.5 serv Torrent, 5g additional glutamine with 1 g vitamin C and some Chromax II (chromium picolinate)

Around Dinner: I will take some green tea extract, another Chromax II, Universal Daily Formula, and some Jointment Sport. Got to keep those joints lubed up!

PM: usually before best meal I use my am stack of EAA Stack, BCAA Stack, and Glutamine mix with Animal Omega, Universal Vitamin B Complex, ZMA Pro, Universal Vitamin E 1000.

Also Wanted to shoot you an update on the event status and the plans. Greg and I worked all morning on getting the gym together and finalizing the event schedule and personel needed. We also filmed a little promo video that Robbie Durand will post on MD soon hopefully. We are really hoping for a great turn out.
The first 100 people will recieve a choice of a animal shirt of log book. The shirts are more limited quantity.

Some vendors that will be present are Europa sports, Gasp clothing, House of Pain Clothing and gear, Results tanning/nutrition store and the special guests.

Food will be available at the event cooked by me and my lovely assistant my wife Amy.

We are really looking forward to seeing everyone and making this one of the most memorable ABC events yet!

was definitely a great ABC, looking forward to Europa Weekend already as well as getting some other meets going as well. As I told ya Saturday, recruitment/commitment is hard to get outta people to drive so far these days. Danny and I are tryin to work up a plan.

Also, i noticed saturday there were some guys rolling tape at the gym, any chance of it being posted up anytime in the near future?

Mr. Dead
12-22-09, 1:45 pm
Just checking in, to see how things are goin'...

Kuclo
01-03-10, 8:45 pm
Just checking in, to see how things are goin'...

Happy New year my Animal family!

Things are going great here!

I am keeping a frequent update on my Project Z testing on the board.

Since the Nationals I have been training twice a day with weight and been making some huge gains due to the new training stimulous I have introduced to my body. I am sitting in the low 280's at the leanest I have ever been at the weight.

Firedrake
01-05-10, 8:36 pm
Are you coming to the Arnold, Steve?

C.Coronato
01-07-10, 11:34 am
280! Thats what i like to hear my big brother! See you soon my man, hope the holidays were good for u and Amy as well.

Kuclo
01-09-10, 9:41 pm
280! Thats what i like to hear my big brother! See you soon my man, hope the holidays were good for u and Amy as well.

Firedrake, I will be at the arnold! Looking forward to it!

The weight keeps going up and staying really lean. I am low 280's now. I am really liking project Z to help me sleep and recovery!

Training everything twice a week and my body is loving the high volume!
Keep an eye on youtube for updated vids.

Mr. Dead
03-08-10, 2:15 pm
Steve!!! It was incredibly awesome meeting you at the airport, and then getting a chance to talk to you at the Cage!!!

machineman
03-08-10, 2:31 pm
awesome to meet you Steve and the pic came out great!! good luck in the future....

N. Motta
03-09-10, 12:42 am
Steve

Hows it going? Lets see some more bad ass videos, please. haha.

Just looking for some insight/input on how to organize my current training. Through my local ATC Fire program, we are required to participate in some cross fit training two nights out of the week. Lately, Mon and Wed eve.

Trying to figure out my best bet for organizing my split and continuing to train with my core lifts, along with working on my cardio. And then, not having too much overlap, or risk of overworking my joints, with the always random and sometimes all encompassing style of crossfit.

I'm fine with letting the chips land as they may, as I know and believe for a fact my required level of cardio, stamina and such takes precedence over having full muscle bellies/losing size.

I just want to maintain a respectable level of strength while having two days of ominously random training thrown into the mix. Without risking cramping up during crossfit or any other injury.

Mr. Dead
04-14-10, 3:34 pm
How goes it, in here...???

Kuclo
04-18-10, 8:02 pm
How goes it, in here...???

Hey Everyone!
Things are going great hear and hope the same with all of you!

Just getting ready to start prepping for the USA's sitting 15 weeks out this weekend and keep an eye out for new vids on youtube.

I am sitting right around 290 in the afternoon and feeling the biggest and strongest I have ever.

I am still training twice a day and going to rock through my prep this way. I am going to start up cardio soon but getting my diet together now with Art.

I'll be keeping everyone updated through out the prep and any questions let me know.

C.Coronato
04-19-10, 11:26 am
290 - 15 weeks! Yeaa buddy!

Doing Team U this year .. i have been dieting for a little over 6 weeks now, and have a little less that 12 weeks to go. I feel good my man .. Looking forward to sushi with you again haha, hope all is well my big brother.

Birdman
04-19-10, 1:36 pm
Good luck at the USA's bro, ur gonna kill it.

Mr. Dead
04-19-10, 4:24 pm
Hey Everyone!
Things are going great hear and hope the same with all of you!

Just getting ready to start prepping for the USA's sitting 15 weeks out this weekend and keep an eye out for new vids on youtube.

I am sitting right around 290 in the afternoon and feeling the biggest and strongest I have ever.

I am still training twice a day and going to rock through my prep this way. I am going to start up cardio soon but getting my diet together now with Art.

I'll be keeping everyone updated through out the prep and any questions let me know.

Definitely lookin' forward to seein' how this wild ride goes down!!!

Firedrake
04-19-10, 6:35 pm
290 @ 15 weeks -- what's your bodyfat, or do you know right now?

What's your target weight, do you think?

Kuclo
04-20-10, 2:35 pm
290 - 15 weeks! Yeaa buddy!

Doing Team U this year .. i have been dieting for a little over 6 weeks now, and have a little less that 12 weeks to go. I feel good my man .. Looking forward to sushi with you again haha, hope all is well my big brother.

that's awesome you got team U planned! its your year bro and make sure all that hard work pays off!

Sushi date is definitly a go!! Looking forward to it as well!

Kuclo
04-20-10, 2:36 pm
290 @ 15 weeks -- what's your bodyfat, or do you know right now?

What's your target weight, do you think?

Not sure what my weight is going to be but the calipers are getting me right around 4.2 right now. Going to see Art this week

G Diesel
04-20-10, 4:18 pm
Saw some pics of my boy Steve and he is as impressive offseason at that weight as anyone you're going to see out there right now. Staggering size and condition. Very motivating.

Much respect bro and no sushi without me. Haha.

Peace, G

Mr. Dead
04-21-10, 11:27 am
Out of curiosity... What were you weighing, at the Arnold...??? Just tryin' to get a mental picture of where this is going...

Kuclo
04-22-10, 8:33 pm
Out of curiosity... What were you weighing, at the Arnold...??? Just tryin' to get a mental picture of where this is going...

I was sitting mid 280's around the arnold so i put on a few more lbs of muscle.

Met with Art yesterday and we have a new game plan...

Switched training up a bit for a few weeks. I am doing higher rep 12-14 reps for my sets. I was previously doing alot of drop sets and slightly lower rep for about 6 weeks and made some great progress.

Diet is still similar...

protein is about 450g's a day and my carbs are rotating. As high as 4-500g carbs on training days and low as 150g's on off days.

Will keep the updateds coming.

And 'G' you know it...we keep the sushi dates a tradition!

Reacher34
05-27-10, 9:36 pm
Steve...you gotta give it up man....whats in the "zip" sauce? Help me out man!!!! I'm in need of some flavor!

We talked very briefly at the Arnold and I mentioned that I was moving to Texas for a job. My girl and I are in Fort Worth now and are getting settled. I got a chance to train at Metroflex-midcities. A pretty bad ass place. Can't wait to get all settled and get a chance to join all the guys for a Texas ABC.

For real tho....the zip sauce?

Machine
05-27-10, 9:54 pm

Great to see a young athlete having some well deserved success and recognition in this twisted game.

I guest posed with Vinny at what I think was the Lonestar Classic some years ago...God I can't pose for shit...especially following Vinny...that sucked. I was around 298 and thought I was doing okay...then saw Vinny do an awesome routine, followed by an enlightening conversation with some fans who confirmed that I moved like a tank with two blown treads. What a disaster...glad to see you puttin in work and watching your career very closely.

Fuck'em up brother!

MACHINE

Mr. Dead
06-03-10, 11:55 am
Anything goin' on, in here...??? BTW... Was that you, I saw, in the new Universal ad...???

Kuclo
06-05-10, 11:45 pm
Anything goin' on, in here...??? BTW... Was that you, I saw, in the new Universal ad...???

That was me in the new Ad!
Totally pumped about it....big thanks to my family at Universal for using me in the ad!

things are going great here...training and working like crazy.

Training is still at twice a day on my days off.
I have added a little bit of cardio to tighten things up.
My weight is sitting around 280 and getting harder.

Diet is similar to offseason but more exact

Im at 7 meals a day
about 8oz of meat with every meal

carbs are rotating 4-500g's on training day and 1-150g's on non training days.

Will keep y'all updated with things as the USA's get closer but now about 8 weeks out

N. Motta
06-06-10, 12:46 am
Hell yea Steve. I'm looking forward to seeing you kick some ass in your next show, and hopefully getting some more footage on the MD website.

How's the fire service going? Did I hear you got your Paramedic also?

Kuclo
06-10-10, 2:46 pm
Hell yea Steve. I'm looking forward to seeing you kick some ass in your next show, and hopefully getting some more footage on the MD website.

How's the fire service going? Did I hear you got your Paramedic also?

Im sure I'll be getting some MD stuff going again before the show. They are usually good with coming down to the dfw before shows and filming alot of the guys.

The fire service is going great...as the summer months are here are call volume really increases especially on the ems side of things. I have been a paramedic for a few years now.
I ride one of the busiest ambulances in the city averaging 400calls per month is getting after it. Many of my ambulance shifts Im up for the better part of 24 hours.
The fire side is hit and miss always. You get hot and have a streak of fires then you can go cold and not fight one for a while.

Training is going great as well...
Just switched up my sets... I am still using the same training split but trying out the fst-7 style for a while.
My weight is sitting around 280 and really starting to notice things come in.

Mr. Dead
06-10-10, 2:55 pm
How is the fst-7 workin' for ya...???

Kuclo
06-10-10, 3:00 pm
How is the fst-7 workin' for ya...???

So far so good...any change is training stimulus is good for your body. I was at my 6 week so it was time to switch things up per Art.
Its a good blood volume workout which I am all about so Im liking it.

Mr. Dead
06-10-10, 3:01 pm
So far so good...any change is training stimulus is good for your body. I was at my 6 week so it was time to switch things up per Art.
Its a good blood volume workout which I am all about so Im liking it.

Cool!!!

N. Motta
06-10-10, 5:06 pm
Im sure I'll be getting some MD stuff going again before the show. They are usually good with coming down to the dfw before shows and filming alot of the guys.

The fire service is going great...as the summer months are here are call volume really increases especially on the ems side of things. I have been a paramedic for a few years now.
I ride one of the busiest ambulances in the city averaging 400calls per month is getting after it. Many of my ambulance shifts Im up for the better part of 24 hours.
The fire side is hit and miss always. You get hot and have a streak of fires then you can go cold and not fight one for a while.

That's great to hear Steve. Obtaining Paramedic seems very daunting to me. At the moment I am content to chase my intermediate EMT, yet I know how much more attractive I would be to various departments, having that Paramedic cert. and knowledge.

So Steve, hypothetical question for ya. If you were not a hardcore bodybuilder, about to crack into the pro ranks, and more like the dedicated weight lifter, what kind of training would you employ? Specifically to quench your thirst for training hard and heavy, yet being damn sure that you were ready to rock when the fire tones went off? Curious if you would limit your bodyweight a bit, the amount and type of cardio you would do and so forth.

Thanks for you time man, keep kicking ass in the Fire Service and good luck with your prep.

smoothballer
06-10-10, 10:25 pm
I just tried FST-7 for the first time tonight. Got a wicked awesome pump from it. It was a great change of pace from the normal high volume stuff I hit.

Jay
06-11-10, 5:56 am
So with FST-7 can you train your whole body like that, or is it intended for just one bodypart?

Kuclo
06-11-10, 11:32 am
So with FST-7 can you train your whole body like that, or is it intended for just one bodypart?
ITs intended for one bodypart at a time but you can do your whole body. Its pretty simple basic concepts but effective if you do it right.

That's great to hear Steve. Obtaining Paramedic seems very daunting to me. At the moment I am content to chase my intermediate EMT, yet I know how much more attractive I would be to various departments, having that Paramedic cert. and knowledge.

So Steve, hypothetical question for ya. If you were not a hardcore bodybuilder, about to crack into the pro ranks, and more like the dedicated weight lifter, what kind of training would you employ? Specifically to quench your thirst for training hard and heavy, yet being damn sure that you were ready to rock when the fire tones went off? Curious if you would limit your bodyweight a bit, the amount and type of cardio you would do and so forth.

Thanks for you time man, keep kicking ass in the Fire Service and good luck with your prep.

thanks bro.... I would say that size is a little issue at time but hey being the big guy I dont have to get stuck going into small crawl space cause I dont fit. lol
and I dont think size is a factor on the job...as long as you have good cardio and able to haul ass up stairs with gear on you are just fine.

shortstack
06-11-10, 11:39 am
Hey Steve, I just listened to you on Off topic podcast and thought you had a great interview. Those 2 are a little nuts but I gotta say that you continue to impress me with your professionalism.

It's gotta be tough to manage that schedule and keep progressing the way you are but you seem to handle it well.

See ya brother

Jeremy

N. Motta
06-11-10, 1:04 pm
thanks bro.... I would say that size is a little issue at time but hey being the big guy I dont have to get stuck going into small crawl space cause I dont fit. lol
and I dont think size is a factor on the job...as long as you have good cardio and able to haul ass up stairs with gear on you are just fine.

Thanks a lot big man, I appreciate your time and your insight.

Kuclo
07-06-10, 3:20 pm
Hey guys! Sitting about 3 weeks out and feeling my best ever. I am fine tuning at this point and not doing anything drastic.

my weight is hovering around 270.

I am still training twice a day and cardio is about 45-60 minutes 5days a week.

My diet is allowing me much more food this year thank god. Since training twice a day and burning a ton of calories I am able to keep my carbs up from 200-500g's depends on my days. Still strong in the gym and able to work at the fire station with out having those complete brain fogs when carbs were nill.

N. Motta
07-07-10, 1:54 am
Hell yea dude, good to hear. Definitely know that good things lie ahead for you. Hope to see you dominate this show and bring it home.

Keep up the motivation and focus man.

Kuclo
07-07-10, 1:48 pm
Hell yea dude, good to hear. Definitely know that good things lie ahead for you. Hope to see you dominate this show and bring it home.

Keep up the motivation and focus man.

Thanks bro! You will see in the in-the-trenches video I shot yesterday and today some progress and how things are 3 weeks out. strongest and best I've felt.

Universal Rep
08-03-10, 2:28 pm
Kuclo, what's the word?

N. Motta
08-05-10, 1:06 pm
Yo big man. Congratulations is in order, for bringing your best package to date. I thought you looked great. I think your symmetry and balance is far and away better than most guys on your level. Enjoy some R&R now for a bit eh?!

Just saw your MD feature to, shoot with Per. Sick man.

Any meaning you can share, with what's on the back of your weight belt?

Bootleg
10-11-10, 9:30 am
get that procard!!!!!!

mike

Kuclo
10-11-10, 10:39 am
Yo big man. Congratulations is in order, for bringing your best package to date. I thought you looked great. I think your symmetry and balance is far and away better than most guys on your level. Enjoy some R&R now for a bit eh?!

Just saw your MD feature to, shoot with Per. Sick man.

Any meaning you can share, with what's on the back of your weight belt?

Hey thanks bro!

I got that belt from my buddy Wade from gasp. Its a European company that makes pretty cool deisigner type weight belts and thats just their company's little slogan I guess.

Kuclo
10-11-10, 10:41 am
A little update I also posted on the National thread was today 10-11-10 is my last day of depletion before I start bringing carbs back in tomorrow.
My weight is in the low 260's right where i want to be before I start filling back out.
I feel pretty good and sure ready to get on stage!

FITGYM
10-11-10, 10:42 am
goodluck...

Kuclo
10-11-10, 10:49 am
goodluck...

Thanks...I am taking all the good luck wishes i can get!!

N. Motta
10-11-10, 11:28 am
Bring it man. Never quit pushing.

smoothballer
10-11-10, 10:38 pm
Good Luck Big Steve!

Bootleg
10-13-10, 10:34 am
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128241571&page=2

peeps showing you support!

Kuclo
10-13-10, 10:52 am
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128241571&page=2

peeps showing you support!

Thanks for posting that up and always great to get support... I always apprecaite all my fans!

N. Motta
03-11-11, 6:07 pm
Is it true that Steve is no longer with Universal?

If so, I'm pretty bummed. I always wanted to see Kuclo get his pro card while he was with Universal. Can't say enough about how much I admire his work ethic as a full time Firefighter and Paramedic while still creating such a great physique.

N. Motta
03-14-11, 2:25 pm
Any word on this? ^^

Big D
03-14-11, 3:29 pm
Any word on this? ^^

Steve left and got picked up by MHP

smoothballer
03-14-11, 4:09 pm
Steve left and got picked up by MHP

Interesting, can't find anything on this...

Was a big fan of Steve. That will be a shame...

Big D
03-14-11, 5:00 pm
Interesting, can't find anything on this...

Was a big fan of Steve. That will be a shame...

he was a real cool cat.
he will be missed

Elite
03-14-11, 5:37 pm
Followed J-Rock to MHP??? :(

smoothballer
03-14-11, 9:13 pm
he was a real cool cat.
he will be missed

Yeah I met him last year at the Arnold, then saw him at MetroFlex Plano while I was in the area for business. I saw him this year at the Arnold and chatted it up a little bit, but didn't inquire about his situation with Universal. He is a really down to earth guy and wish him success in the industry.

Flash419
03-14-11, 10:20 pm
I talked to him at the GASP booth at the Arnold. He said he was no longer with Universal.. but had nothing but good things to say about Universal and Animal. Just said it was a money issue, and he had to take care of his family. Also said 'you never know what might happen in the future..' So.. Stay Tuned. LOL