PDA

View Full Version : what the hell

adog
09-04-09, 10:42 pm
does no one have or know gym etiquette anymore. I was at the gym last night doing my arms which is one of the more grueling workouts in my training. it was on the cable machine and I was doing bicep curls, a group of younger guys walked right under my cables and one of them purposely snapped the cable with his fingers. this totally threw my concentration and could have caused an imbalance leading to an injury. i dropped the cables and asked the kid "what the hell dude?" he and his buddies were like what. First of all u walked under my cables during an exercise secondly you messed with the cable during my exercise. they said whatever and went off i was overly aggitated. ! you dont walk in someones space during exercise if you only have to go 5 ft to be out of the way and never touch a cable or anything else while some one is using it.
There seems to be no rules or code of behavior anymore. empty your bar when your done. put the weight back on the correct pins. that way the next man knows your done. don't walk infront of some in the mirrors interrupting flow and form. walk around not through someones exercise. respect my space and ill respect yours. dont cell or txt while on a machine if your not pumping move your ass. there's a locker room for that. dont point laugh or gauk, if they are there they are trying more than those who dont care to better themselves. One word RESPECT.

LegendKillerJosh
09-04-09, 10:59 pm
No offense dude but this is probably ending up in the bullshit.

Muscleguy93
09-04-09, 11:40 pm
A little respect goes along way... I feel you.

adog
09-05-09, 10:18 am
i understand it may go to bs. just had t get it out. these punks kill me.

Fury317
09-05-09, 10:35 am
Being above the fray is one thing. Someone flicking a cable in the middle of my workout = me choke slamming them immediately.

But in all seriousness, if it continues, you should take it up with management. That is completely unnecessary and should not happen. I work at a gym, and if that happened, we'd probably toss whoever did it. Not only is it rude, but very dangerous.