PDA

View Full Version : Calve Training/ plantar fasciitis?

williams_888
09-05-09, 10:52 pm
Sup fellas.

Every once and a while, when I am training calves the tendon on the bottom part of my foot seizes up and makes it really hard to train properly... I've tried stretching it and also lowering the weight but nothing helps. Then after it even hurts to walk. It doesnt happen every week, but it is fairly often.

im thinking it may be plantar fasciitis, but it is more in the arch of my foot, not near the heel. Might invest in some orthodics. Anybody else experience this or know of some good ways to relieve the pain..

By the way new PR on seats calve raises today, regardless of the pain.

calcaneous
09-06-09, 12:08 am
After a heavy calf training day, the entire bottom of my foot hurts. If you are doing a proper range of motion, i cant see that part of the foot not hurting from the bottom stretch of calf training.

RK
09-06-09, 11:50 am
happened to me a lot when i first started training calves hard, especially on seated calv raises. Your foot should just get stronger as you go. I mean its just a non-natural movement to put all that stress on your foot so it just takes some time to grow.

BryanSmash!
09-07-09, 10:55 am
Try rolling a foam roller underneath your feet the day you train calves, before the workout. Feels great.

ActaNonVerba
09-07-09, 6:10 pm
I don't train calves however I get a very simliar pain to what you are describing when I run on asphalt/concrete. I was told by a doc that tiny tears actually from across the sole causing the pain. He told me to stretch it out throughly after running and to sit at home and roll a cold beer/soda can under my feet for 15 minutes every night. Hasn't bothered me since.

And thank you for one more reason for me not to train calves sir!

BubbyLight
09-07-09, 11:01 pm
i love the pain...it keeps me motivated

sunny_max
09-07-09, 11:24 pm
Try rolling a foam roller underneath your feet the day you train calves, before the workout. Feels great.

i used to do that when i first started training .....my calves would just give up on seated calf...although i cld push like 400lb on standing......you just gotta lower the weight and do the foam thingy.....slowly build up the weight...