PDA

View Full Version : clean pizza

closeyourbox
09-06-09, 4:44 pm
my wife was on the fat smash diet and in tinkering with a few recipes that were compliant with the terms of that crazy program i found a delicious clean 'za concoction...

Crust:
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
1 egg white
>1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
italian seasoning (like good seasons dressing mix)...or other spices you like to taste

Blend ingredients in food processor until smooth. You may
add a little water to loosen up ingredients. make sure to
keep mixture like a dough-like consistency.

it is a little difficult to work with so what i found best is to take some oats in the processor or blender alone and whir...use the oat powder as you would flour when rolling dough...

spray pam on cookie sheet or whatever you are baking on and use the dry oat powder to help form a crust on the pan...press it out thin! like a 1/4 inch

Bake in oven at 400 degrees usualy like 25 to 30 min...until edges lift off from pan and the
crust looks cracked. take out of the oven and construct

for the sauce...to keep it clean...slice a whole tomato and spread on crust (this will be your sauce)...season with garlic powder and basil...

next put a mixture of your favorite toppings and whatever cheese you prefer...throw it in the oven again until cheese is melty and enjoy....

Pizzalamp
09-06-09, 8:00 pm
woah!!!! this sounds really good

thanks

aeon
09-06-09, 9:54 pm
agreed!

will try in 2 weeks after my show cheers

theharjmann
09-07-09, 10:47 am
my wife was on the fat smash diet and in tinkering with a few recipes that were compliant with the terms of that crazy program i found a delicious clean 'za concoction...

Crust:
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
1 egg white
>1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
italian seasoning (like good seasons dressing mix)...or other spices you like to taste

Blend ingredients in food processor until smooth. You may
add a little water to loosen up ingredients. make sure to
keep mixture like a dough-like consistency.

it is a little difficult to work with so what i found best is to take some oats in the processor or blender alone and whir...use the oat powder as you would flour when rolling dough...

spray pam on cookie sheet or whatever you are baking on and use the dry oat powder to help form a crust on the pan...press it out thin! like a 1/4 inch

Bake in oven at 400 degrees usualy like 25 to 30 min...until edges lift off from pan and the
crust looks cracked. take out of the oven and construct

for the sauce...to keep it clean...slice a whole tomato and spread on crust (this will be your sauce)...season with garlic powder and basil...

next put a mixture of your favorite toppings and whatever cheese you prefer...throw it in the oven again until cheese is melty and enjoy....

awesome

my mum makes a similar thing with different ingredients in the bases.

kidney beans are a nice addition.

BubbyLight
09-07-09, 11:04 pm
when are we having this bro

deanna7272
09-08-09, 1:28 am
Ohhhhh yummy.... ONE more week until pizza is my friend again...lol Thanks for a clean version!!

closeyourbox
09-08-09, 10:33 am
when are we having this bro

if you come over for the game thursday night ill be sure to make a nice spread for us...

newbreed
09-08-09, 12:06 pm
Thanks for the recipe. Definately trying this

squattingtillipuke
09-09-09, 12:54 pm
if you come over for the game thursday night ill be sure to make a nice spread for us...

If I lived there...definately be there...but I will have my terrible towel waving over here in South West Michigan.

prowrestler
09-09-09, 3:42 pm
i like pizza hut meat lovers...

BubbyLight
09-09-09, 5:28 pm
oh thats right. dem there stiller is on

^ haha