PDA

View Full Version : Heart Issues/Health

NJC_Manhattan
09-08-09, 8:47 pm
Question:
I'm in relatively good shape, but on occasion (after lifting and/or running) I am a little tight in the chest and occasionally (rarely) have a heart flutter that is a 1 sec sharp pain in my upper left shoulder. Has anyone else had this?

Also, wanted to just get a general idea on overall heart health. Thanks.

Reacher34
09-08-09, 9:10 pm
Question:
I'm in relatively good shape, but on occasion (after lifting and/or running) I am a little tight in the chest and occasionally (rarely) have a heart flutter that is a 1 sec sharp pain in my upper left shoulder. Has anyone else had this?

Also, wanted to just get a general idea on overall heart health. Thanks.

You're gonna hear a lot of this "go to the doctor". It's not something to be timid about. Just go to the doctor. Explain exactly what happens. If it's something serious, better to catch it quickly.

I can only speak for myself....that's not normal. Good luck and take care of yourself. You still have a long journey ahead of you.

GJN5002
09-09-09, 1:01 pm
Ive been to the doctor twice for my heart, first time ekg was fine, I just had acid reflux haha. Second time ekg was fine, pulled muscle in my rib cage dead liftin and had numbness in my arm and chest pain (heart attack signs.) The doctor laughed at me both times but I couldnt stop worrying. I get the occasional arrhythmia which Ive been told is perfectly normal. I ve noticed if I'm dehydrated it gets more frequent.

In the mean time I found this pre workout concoction provided by a life extension clinic for overall heart health and function
taurine 1-2 g daily - abundent in the heart
coq10 mitochondrial energy 100-200 mg
magnesium citrate 100-200mg helps the heart to relax and function
d-ribose sugar that helps the heart in terms of energy 5-15g
acetyl l carnintine 1- 1.5g uncoupling of fat cells into energy