PDA

View Full Version : i would like to hear from animal and universal staff on this

krazyassmexican
09-09-09, 1:50 pm
i know this aint a place for politics, but this bugs the fuck out of me
that shit is called CODEX ALIMENTARIUS and it is supposed to start in the usa in december of this year the most important things that worry me are stuff like:

* Dietary supplements could not be sold for preventive (prophylactic) or therapeutic use.
* Potencies would be limited to extremely low dosages. Only the drug companies and the big phytopharmaceutical companies would have the right to produce and sell the higher potency products (at inflated prices).
* Prescriptions would be required for anything above the extremely low doses allowed (such as 35 mg. on niacin).
* Common foods such as garlic and peppermint would be classified as drugs or a third category (neither food nor drugs) that only big pharmaceutical companies could regulate and sell. Any food with any therapeutic effect can be considered a drug, even benign everyday substances like water.
* Codex regulations for dietary supplements would become binding (escape clauses would be eliminated).
* All new dietary supplements would be banned unless they go through Codex testing and approval.
* Genetically altered food would be sold worldwide without labeling.

so my stupid question is, what are supplement companies doing about this?

GJN5002
09-11-09, 12:59 pm
they are also trying to slip codex in with sr 2749 that will be voted on by congress soon. Everyone who cares about healthy food, organics, or supplement should be up in arms about this bill. Find out who your local representative is and fax them that you are against codex and sr 2749.

krazyassmexican
09-11-09, 1:01 pm
they are also trying to slip codex in with sr 2749 that will be voted on by congress soon. Everyone who cares about healthy food, organics, or supplement should be up in arms about this bill. Find out who your local representative is and fax them that you are against codex and sr 2749.

is not sr is HR lol

GJN5002
09-11-09, 1:02 pm
is not sr is HR lol

hah I do things in between my claims at work. As you can see from most of my posts I dont proofread.

Appollonian
09-11-09, 1:03 pm
You are saying it goes in effect in December, or they are voting in December? Let's hope this doesn't come to pass, I'd hate to have to move to get away from the Fascist regime.

GJN5002
09-11-09, 1:07 pm
codex is already in effect in parts of europe. you have to go to the doctor to get supplements such as selenium or vitamin c over 60mg.

Appollonian
09-11-09, 1:18 pm
Thanks guys, just wrote my senator and congressman... for the second time.

krazyassmexican
09-11-09, 1:25 pm
Thanks guys, just wrote my senator and congressman... for the second time.

http://www.superhumanradio.com/core/2749.htm

you can fax them from this website and is free you dont even need a fax

adidas
09-11-09, 1:32 pm
this shit has been talk about and hashed over since 2002 or so as far as I can remember...

krazyassmexican
09-11-09, 1:34 pm
this shit has been talk about and hashed over since 2002 or so as far as I can remember...

it is already a bill that passed the senate

adidas
09-11-09, 1:38 pm
it is already a bill that passed the senate

I'm not sure if you're asking a question or making a statement...

all i know is this subject has been talked about and beaten on since as far back as 2002 or so as far I can remember.

krazyassmexican
09-11-09, 1:42 pm

all i know is this subject has been talked about and beaten on since as far back as 2002 or so as far I can remember.

i am making a statement bro it passed the senate a few weeks ago

adidas
09-11-09, 1:44 pm
i am making a statement bro it passed the senate a few weeks ago

well we're most likely fucked then...

and if they take garlic off my shopping list I'm gonna be pissed!

krazyassmexican
09-11-09, 1:47 pm

http://www.superhumanradio.com/rss/2009/SHR_Show_355.mp3

adidas
09-11-09, 1:50 pm
http://www.superhumanradio.com/rss/2009/SHR_Show_355.mp3

Love my Country...hate my Gov't

krazyassmexican
09-11-09, 1:51 pm
Love my Country...hate my Gov't

listen to that show bro all the info is there

adidas
09-11-09, 1:52 pm
listen to that show bro all the info is there

am right now

krazyassmexican
09-11-09, 1:53 pm
am right now

i highly recommend you super human radio he talks about all those "bad methods" in bodybuilding

adidas
09-11-09, 1:54 pm
i highly recommend you super human radio he talks about all those "bad methods" in bodybuilding

can oyu PM the site address and shit

Fury317
09-11-09, 3:04 pm
Come Christmas time, Im gonna buy me some back alley pepermint. Ya know, the good stuff.....hahahaha

Altered Beast
09-11-09, 3:17 pm
It is just another way for our government to try and control every aspect of our lives. Cap and Trade is trying to get passed so they can "try" to control the Republic of Texas.

This codex non-sense is a way to control all of us meatheads. Apparently we are a threat to them and this is how they think they can deal with us or rid of us. They tried banning pro-hormones, now countless new and better versions have been created since the ban.

Its just mind control through fear tactics, don't let it worry you.

Wasteland
09-11-09, 3:58 pm
Anyone have a link to the full proposal?

krazyassmexican
09-11-09, 5:36 pm
It is just another way for our government to try and control every aspect of our lives. Cap and Trade is trying to get passed so they can "try" to control the Republic of Texas.

This codex non-sense is a way to control all of us meatheads. Apparently we are a threat to them and this is how they think they can deal with us or rid of us. They tried banning pro-hormones, now countless new and better versions have been created since the ban.

Its just mind control through fear tactics, don't let it worry you.

for people that dont worry and think nothing is ever gonna happend is that this country gets so fucked

krazyassmexican
09-11-09, 5:45 pm
Anyone have a link to the full proposal?

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-2749

http://www.natural-health-information-centre.com/codex-alimentarius.html

Alk
09-11-09, 5:50 pm
So what would happen to Animal products if this is approved? I'd have to go to the doctor for freaking vitamins?

And what would happen to supp stores/websites? What would happen to them?

krazyassmexican
09-11-09, 5:54 pm
So what would happen to Animal products if this is approved? I'd have to go to the doctor for freaking vitamins?

And what would happen to supp stores/websites? What would happen to them?

i say you would have to use phrases like "i remember when..."

Alk
09-11-09, 6:19 pm
i say you would have to use phrases like "i remember when..."

Wow...seriously?

I'd wonder what kind of motivation a senator to vote "yes" on this PoS...

krazyassmexican
09-11-09, 6:22 pm
Wow...seriously?

I'd wonder what kind of motivation a senator to vote "yes" on this PoS...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Alk
09-11-09, 7:24 pm
$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Seriously? They get money for voting on this?

Wtf...

I'm surprised none of the universal staff have commented on this.

krazyassmexican
09-11-09, 7:30 pm
I'm surprised none of the universal staff have commented on this.

i thought i was going blind bro, thanks

shizz702
09-11-09, 7:41 pm
i thought i was going blind bro, thanks

Indeed, looking foward to seeing what they have to say on this.

This is not good, I recall reading article recently saying that the pharmaceutical companies want to make it to where you have to have fucking prescription just to take vitamins.

Check this out: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kosloff7.htm

Alk
09-12-09, 4:53 am
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kosloff7.htm

The guy writing this article is very intelligent and has many good examples to back up his points, but I started to lose faith in him once I got to the "Dangerous Drugs" part half-way through the page.

From what I've gathered, this guy is wayyyyy too dependent on holistic medicine, although he did have some frightening examples of doctors making money off of patients that will make me think twice the next time I have a major medical problem.

However, it makes me mad to hear things like this lambasted on bodybuilding.com:

"There are no such things as diseases. Most diseases are just nutritional deficiencies."

He contradicts himself, and makes a stupid statement in the same sentence. Total bullshit. That TOTALLY explains why my tri-athlete cousin died from diabetic shock, or why my fucking friend 2 years younger then me has stomach cancer while on a good diet. And according to this guy, I should be jumping off a goddamn bridge right now because I'm on Accutane. Another friend of mine was totally asking to be bipolar when she didn't end including a multivitamin with her breakfast everyday, right?

What a crock of shit.

I can agree with the guy that stuff like anti-depressants don't work (they don't hold up well against placebos AT ALL) or are made for profit instead of curing diseases. However, a lot of people NEED medicine from big pharma to have normal lives. Not all of us trust a freaking medicine man to cure our cancer, and it should be our decision to use conventional treatment for diseases if we feel it to be necessary. I'm fucking glad that big pharma has stuff to control my friend's bipolar disorder, help another friend's panic attacks go away when she gets them, and tons of other things.

I think the line should be drawn there though, because these companies definitely shouldn't be controlling our food and supps...we're doing just fine without them meddling in those industries.

This guy also has pretty unrealistic ways of viewing genetically modified plants in the section titled "Presidential Shenanigans". He frowns upon companies genetically improving plants and patenting fruits and vegetables, when this is a fairly reasonable thing to do. The company is creating something, and deserves to be the only company that can make it that way. Another company can easily come along and genetically modify foods differently, creating competition between companies to make BETTER FOODS. Win win right? Genetically enhanced foods would only benefit someone trying to follow a bodybuilding lifestyle, creating crops more resistant to disease, better tasting, containing more vitamins and nutrients, etc. Why would anyone in their right mind oppose someone taking ownership of their version of this? Farmers would still be able to make an honest living selling non-modified crops, and big companies would still be able to peddle their more expensive food to consumers...right?

Half of the stuff this guy says seems truthful, honest, and well worded...while the other half seems to be complete nonsense.

IronWilson
09-12-09, 7:44 am
The funny thing about this is that most of the conservative majority that these congressmen represent believe in holistic medicine. They will not be happy with this.

I guess the way the future is depicted in every single movie will actually come to fruition. Seriously, in every movie based in the future, the government operates in a facist way.

If this becomes law, it will be the beginning of a slew of laws that control our lives. Eventually, people will begin to attempt to overthrow the government. I'm no conspiracy theorist, but everyone is already suspicious.

Alk
09-12-09, 10:05 pm
Comon Universal/Animal staff, lets see some opinions on this. I'm pretty curious about what you guys have to say on the subject.

ATLAS64
09-16-09, 2:47 pm
The state of Utah will be the first to go against this considering the supplement industry is the largest part of their state economy

JeremyT
09-16-09, 4:36 pm
You guys make fun of us so much, but sometimes being Canadian isn't too terrible of a thing. Instead of everyone going to the states for drugs we can't find here, you guys will all be coming to us to get vitamins and stuff. I feel bad for you guys, and I hope this doesn't happen.

ATLAS64
09-16-09, 8:26 pm
True...I doubt it will happen though. Its all about money and the supplement industry is in the billions. The bill won't go through. They may crack down harder on prohormones and things like that...but like I said the industry makes too much money to shut down.

IronWilson
09-16-09, 10:53 pm
True...I doubt it will happen though. Its all about money and the supplement industry is in the billions. The bill won't go through. They may crack down harder on prohormones and things like that...but like I said the industry makes too much money to shut down.

Ordinarily I hate the government interfering with supplements. But maybe it's a good thing if they crack down on some of these prohormones. These are available for people to buy and GNC and they have no concept of how to do it properly.

ATLAS64
09-16-09, 11:08 pm
Ordinarily I hate the government interfering with supplements. But maybe it's a good thing if they crack down on some of these prohormones. These are available for people to buy and GNC and they have no concept of how to do it properly.

Yea that is true. There also has been other non prohormone supplements that have been problems too. Back in the 1990s a company made a supplement for men with prostate cancer. They found out the supplement worked; however, the company was caught dumping a prescription drug used to treat prostate cancer into the supplement to ensure its effectiveness. It took them a long time to find it too bc there are so many roots and leafs that have hundreds of different phytochemicals and other "stuff". Bc there is so much stuff in a lot of these supplements makes it a nightmare to regulate. Its a touchy subject because the difference in potency between a stem and a leaf can be drastic. Just a lot of different things to look at with this subject...but the bottom line is the industry makes a massive amount of money. I guess we will see where it goes. The supplement companies will be sending plenty of lobbyists to Washington to combat the bill.

Nick101
09-17-09, 11:29 pm
yeah honestly i really cannot see this happening. look at big tobacco, everyone knows smoking will kill you, the government knows this, and the gov't also knows that a shitload of money is spent on healthcare for smokers. but you will NEVER see tobacco companies get shut down. it just wont happen because uncle sam is making 5 bucks a pack on all that shit. its the same thing, its a billion dollar industry, something that big does not get shut down.

BigChrisF
09-18-09, 5:36 am
Comon Universal/Animal staff, lets see some opinions on this. I'm pretty curious about what you guys have to say on the subject.

I would say that there has been no response because they do not have an official position on it yet.

A governing body's ultimate goal is to regulate and control everything. This is because with total control, it would seem to be simple to make everything run according to plan. So inevitably, every government will oppress the people in an effort to gain that control.