PDA

View Full Version : Wake up for cottage cheese?

Bran88
09-09-09, 9:06 pm
I eat about 3 cups of cottage cheese, some natty peanut butter, and about a teaspon of olive oil before I hit the sack. I know some people who will wake up in the middle of their sleep to take in a protein shake or some cottage cheese. What do you all think about this? I usually wake up in the middle of the night to take a piss anyway.

LegendKillerJosh
09-09-09, 9:15 pm
I eat about 3 cups of cottage cheese, some natty peanut butter, and about a teaspon of olive oil before I hit the sack. I know some people who will wake up in the middle of their sleep to take in a protein shake or some cottage cheese. What do you all think about this? I usually wake up in the middle of the night to take a piss anyway.

If you wake up to piss anyway, it's not a bad idea to drink something. Personally, I wouldn't eat any food, but I like a serving of EAA stack or a scoop of protein in just a little bit of water. I take it to the bathroom and chug while I piss, then go right back to sleep. Don't STAY awake eating for long.

Bran88
09-09-09, 9:40 pm
If you wake up to piss anyway, it's not a bad idea to drink something. Personally, I wouldn't eat any food, but I like a serving of EAA stack or a scoop of protein in just a little bit of water. I take it to the bathroom and chug while I piss, then go right back to sleep. Don't STAY awake eating for long.

Haha good deal man.

GJN5002
09-09-09, 9:44 pm
I dont thin you need to eat in the middle of the night, you will disrupt your circadium rythm and hormone release. with all that food before bed you should be fine in til the am.

LegendKillerJosh
09-10-09, 11:44 am
I dont thin you need to eat in the middle of the night, you will disrupt your circadium rythm and hormone release. with all that food before bed you should be fine in til the am.

I know a lot of people think they need to do 50g of pure casein with some peanut butter and and milk to slow down absorbtion before bed, but I've never been one to worry about going catabolic during sleep. It just doesn't happen. You are sleeping, your body is releasing hormones and repairing the damaged muscles, you aren't going to lose anything during sleep. There is obviously more to what people look like besides calories. If 2 people follow the same diet, they won't look the same still. And while you are sleeping, the important hormones like HGH will keep you from going catabolic during sleep.

krazyassmexican
09-10-09, 11:45 am
I know a lot of people think they need to do 50g of pure casein with some peanut butter and and milk to slow down absorbtion before bed, but I've never been one to worry about going catabolic during sleep. It just doesn't happen. You are sleeping, your body is releasing hormones and repairing the damaged muscles, you aren't going to lose anything during sleep. There is obviously more to what people look like besides calories. If 2 people follow the same diet, they won't look the same still. And while you are sleeping, the important hormones like HGH will keep you from going catabolic during sleep.

amen, waking up to eat is like killin that hgh release