PDA

View Full Version : Lightnin's Killer Burritos

Lightnin'
09-10-09, 3:42 pm
I've been making these for years and I have to share the wealth. My brother and my dad want me to get these in a restaraunt....

3lbs Lean ground beef (I like the lara's lean either 92% or 96%)
3 packs taco seasoning (I like the ortega low sodium)
1 can fat free refried beans
1 pack of 8 Lo-carb tortillas
2-4 cups of 2% mexican cheese (I like Kraft)
1-2 cans of pork green chile
makes about 6 very large burritos

Brown ground beef and rinse very well in a collander. If you do this right the beef will be virtually pure protein.
I brown it, rinse it, cook another minute and rinse again. Sweetness...

Then add the seasoning and water and simmer for about 10 min, at 5 min in add the refried beans. It will become a beef and been mix.

Next, spoon the mix into a tortilla and wrap with a bit of cheese. Place in a standard size glass pan (that's what I use).
Do this about 6 times and pan is full. Empty pork green chile over entire pan. Top with cheese.

Bake 350 for about 20 minutes or until totillas get a little crispy.

Spoon out with spatula and cover with lettuce, tomato, taco sauce, salsa, etc.

These are the bomb, trust me.

Lightnin'

C.Coronato
09-10-09, 5:20 pm
Damn, sounds real good brother.

Lightnin'
09-11-09, 1:53 pm
You've got to try them and let me know what you think. Get good quality pork green chile if you can. That's what makes the dish awesome.

C.Coronato
09-11-09, 1:54 pm
You've got to try them and let me know what you think. Get good quality pork green chile if you can. That's what makes the dish awesome.

After my show prep (10 more weeks lol) i will certainly throw them in the mix my brother.

Little Z
09-17-09, 3:17 pm
After finding this recipe yesterday, I couldnt stop thinking about it..

Making them today lol..

Lightnin'
09-18-09, 9:16 am
After finding this recipe yesterday, I couldnt stop thinking about it..

Making them today lol..

Right on Z. Let me know what you think and don't forget the green chile!

Little Z
09-18-09, 9:03 pm
Right on Z. Let me know what you think and don't forget the green chile!

well.. lets just say..

i made them last night..

and i made them.. again tonight.. hahaha

this is definitely a keeper and going in my "Animal. Cook Book".. along with TTL's recipes

thanks again bro

Lightnin'
09-19-09, 4:36 pm
well.. lets just say..

i made them last night..

and i made them.. again tonight.. hahaha

this is definitely a keeper and going in my "Animal. Cook Book".. along with TTL's recipes

thanks again bro

Seriously? Twice? How'd you like them?

Little Z
09-19-09, 9:23 pm
Seriously? Twice? How'd you like them?

Haha if I had them two days in a row.. that means they were top notch brother..

the green chile is what makes it.. i think..

damn i just ate, and now im wanting make them again haha

Lightnin'
09-21-09, 11:46 am
Haha if I had them two days in a row.. that means they were top notch brother..

the green chile is what makes it.. i think..

damn i just ate, and now im wanting make them again haha

ha ha, thats awesome! The green Chile is what makes 'em. Hopefully others will make them and chime in...

Little Z
09-28-09, 8:05 am
what brand are you using of the Pork Green Chile?

Lightnin'
10-01-09, 4:07 pm
what brand are you using of the Pork Green Chile?

That is funny you asked that. I used to use what ever brand the local supermarket carried. I honestly can't remember the name maybe Juanita's??? But just this last week they stopped selling it so now I will have to look elsewhere. What brand are you using?

It is normally about $5 per can for the good stuff. I'm considering ordering it online.

Little Z
10-01-09, 5:55 pm
That is funny you asked that. I used to use what ever brand the local supermarket carried. I honestly can't remember the name maybe Juanita's??? But just this last week they stopped selling it so now I will have to look elsewhere. What brand are you using?

It is normally about $5 per can for the good stuff. I'm considering ordering it online.

lol wow.. i cant find it locally anymore.. im thinkin of the online thing as well.. i found a company called Stokes that supposedly is sold in the local stores i have in town, but have yet to come across it..

Lightnin'
10-02-09, 1:27 pm
lol wow.. i cant find it locally anymore.. im thinkin of the online thing as well.. i found a company called Stokes that supposedly is sold in the local stores i have in town, but have yet to come across it..

YES, that was it! Stokes! That's what the local supermarket had here in Ohio. It was on the top shelf in the mexican food section but they no longer carry it. It was good stuff. I'm going to try and find some online now to order.... I'll let you know what I find.

By the way where in the Ohio valley are you located? Do we have an ABC chapter? I'd love to become part of the team.

Little Z
10-02-09, 7:21 pm
YES, that was it! Stokes! That's what the local supermarket had here in Ohio. It was on the top shelf in the mexican food section but they no longer carry it. It was good stuff. I'm going to try and find some online now to order.... I'll let you know what I find.

By the way where in the Ohio valley are you located? Do we have an ABC chapter? I'd love to become part of the team.

Right now its

* Montgomery County (Dayton)
* Greene County (Xenia)
* Preble County (Eaton)
* Clark County (Springfield)
* Miami County (Troy)
* Darke County (Greenville)
* Champaign County (Urbana)
* Shelby County (Sidney)
* Logan County (Bellefontaine)
* Butler and Warren counties (Middletown)
* Wayne County, Indiana (Richmond, Indiana)

But stretching down into Cincy as well until that gets off the ground.. and ive been helping out in Columbus..

where you located?

Little Z
10-27-09, 4:20 pm
Find any replacement for the sauce yet? I am still coming up empty..

Lightnin'
10-27-09, 5:28 pm
The only thing I found was what we talked about a few weeks ago. ordering it online.... I'm still looking though. there are quite a few specialty store in my area so one of them should have it.

Little Z
10-28-09, 6:13 pm
The only thing I found was what we talked about a few weeks ago. ordering it online.... I'm still looking though. there are quite a few specialty store in my area so one of them should have it.

too small of a community here, ill have to stock up when i hit Columbus again.. lol

Lightnin'
09-17-12, 11:30 am
Bump on this, anyone know where I can get some pork green chile in stores? I'd rather not have to buy it online.