PDA

View Full Version : Insanity Cardio training Program

OPSNORM
09-13-09, 9:19 pm
Tomorrow I embark on a new journey with my wife, we will be waking up at 0500hrs to do the Insanity Cardio Program. It keeps your heart rate range in the high range 80-85% range, very excited, my question i was going to drink storm with some extra glutamine and bcaa's and creatine monhydrate during the routine but i was thinking of chugging 30 grams protein about a hour before the routine to minimize muscle loss? how does this sound?

Pizzalamp
09-13-09, 9:23 pm
Tomorrow I embark on a new journey with my wife, we will be waking up at 0500hrs to do the Insanity Cardio Program. It keeps your heart rate range in the high range 80-85% range, very excited, my question i was going to drink storm with some extra glutamine and bcaa's and creatine monhydrate during the routine but i was thinking of chugging 30 grams protein about a hour before the routine to minimize muscle loss? how does this sound?

if it were me and i wanted to maximize fat loss i would just have some aminos or bcaa before hand, or drink bcaa or eaa during cardio...i wouldnt drink anything w calories before hand

PORTERHOUSE
09-13-09, 9:29 pm
if it were me and i wanted to maximize fat loss i would just have some aminos or bcaa before hand, or drink bcaa or eaa during cardio...i wouldnt drink anything w calories before hand

agreed. if you eat anything with calories before you do fasted cardio your body will burn that for energy and wont tap in to your fat stores, thus defeating the purpose of doing cardio at 0500 hrs.

TigerAce01
09-13-09, 11:54 pm
Just drink a good amount of water and aminos before and during your workout. Have fun and keep a light attitude about everything and you'll see some nice results!

-Ace

violator
09-14-09, 5:34 am

are u doing this routine for fat loss as the main goal?..or just to improve cardio health in general?

do you have a link to the programme?

OPSNORM
09-14-09, 11:47 am
This cardio is not the fat burning kinda cardio tho, its all about the heart and respiratory system so its really intense, primarily using carbs for a energy source but i know that when the carbs are depleted then you use muscle, then fat. thats why i was thinking drinking the 30 grams protein for insurance reasons, i def dont want the marathon runnner look, these sessions are a very intense balls to the wall 45-60 minutes. Then at 2000hrs i strength train for 1 to 1.5 hrs, thats why i am worried about the carb shortage, i am goijg to monitor my caloric intake and make sure i dont lose more than 1-3 pounds a week

stumblin54
09-15-09, 2:57 am
I think it'll be hard to keep the shake down at that high of intensity but it can't hurt you. That's a lot of intense cardio though, make sure to keep your cals up accordingly because you'll be burning a lot of them during it.

Stumblin