PDA

View Full Version : Coleman's Training Schedule

r-ace-f
09-14-09, 5:02 pm
Yo whatsup animals
Just read a few of Ronnie Coleman's articles on his website. He suggests a training split which hits all the bodyparts 2 times per week.

For instance:
Monday - back, biceps, shoulders, calves, abs
Tuesday - quads, hamstrings, abs
Wednesday - chest, triceps, calves
Thursday - back, biceps, abs
Friday - quads, hamstrings
Saturday - chest, shoulders, triceps, abs

Wouldn't this be overtraining?

I want to give it a go - Does anyone have any experience with this kind off training?

Peace

Firefist
09-14-09, 5:09 pm
arnold did it, toney freeman does it now. i got some decent gains from it. id say try it out at least.

Muscleguy93
09-14-09, 5:15 pm
Diffrent things work for diffrent ppl, give it a go.

Firefist
09-14-09, 5:19 pm
edit* then again, a shitty mistake on my half to not mention, you gotta understand, you are not ronnie, arnold or toney. it worked for them, for me and my buddy, and im sure many other people, maybe it will for you, maybe not. just sayin its worth a try.

bottom line is though, your eating and resting has to be substancial. doesnt matter what program you use, if you dont eat well and sleep well, expect nothing in return haha.

r-ace-f
09-14-09, 5:28 pm
arnold did it, toney freeman does it now. i got some decent gains from it. id say try it out at least.

my only concern is that i'm not using a quarter of the supplements that these guys are flooding their bodies with to recover in that short space of time. also i'm not sure if these guys did it all natural.

Firefist
09-14-09, 6:07 pm
my only concern is that i'm not using a quarter of the supplements that these guys are flooding their bodies with to recover in that short space of time. also i'm not sure if these guys did it all natural.

yeah, i was trying to get that point out with my last post. hey man, try it. it worked for natural guys like me and my friend. and besides, if you try it and see that i doesnt work, it only means now you know what doesnt work for your body.

Ir0nClad
09-14-09, 6:08 pm
They didn't do it all natural. Bodybuilding splits like their's are based on steriods to sustain linear progress.

shizz702
09-14-09, 6:17 pm
You would probably burn out in no time running a split like that. If you don't think so go ahead and give it a go, but I can pretty much guarantee you'd make much better gains doing half the volume.

Cutting it down to 3x a week doing chest/shoulders/tris one day, then legs another, and back/bis would be much more productive.

TigerAce01
09-14-09, 6:18 pm
Overtraining is relative to the person, and muscles are not overtrained, the central nervous system is. If it works for you, who gives a shit what kind of split it is? Keep an open mind and try everything out. You never know what your body may love.

-Ace

Muscleguy93
09-14-09, 6:24 pm
overtraining takes a while Give this routine a go... see how you feel after a few weeks in to it.

ronnie
09-14-09, 6:29 pm
of course they didnt do it naturally, they are pro bodybuilders. if they were not on juice who was? if your goin to attempt this routine make sure you up the calories and sleep.

You would probably burn out in no time running a split like that. If you don't think so go ahead and give it a go, but I can pretty much guarantee you'd make much better gains doing half the volume.

Cutting it down to 3x a week doing chest/shoulders/tris one day, then legs another, and back/bis would be much more productive.
i did a routine like that a few years back, split up into push days, pull days and leg days. however i much prefer one part isolated per day and find better gains this way. but of course that is just me.

r-ace-f simply try new things and record your progress, what works for one person may not to shit for the next. all we can do is recomend known routines that have shown progress in others. find your groove, mabey this routine is it.

shizz702
09-14-09, 6:43 pm
Overtraining is relative to the individual, you may or may not burn out on such a routine. But I know from my own experience something like that wouldn't work for me.

The only way to find what works for you is to experiment with different things, and take into account what works and what doesn't.

prowrestler
09-14-09, 7:15 pm
ronie colemans recovery is way better then anyones here.

why would you do a routine that is tailored to an already 300lb genetic freak?

Maccabee
09-14-09, 10:52 pm
I followed a routine like that when I first started training because I had one of arnold's trianing books. I trained every bodypart twice a week. I thought it was normal at the time.

My results were very good. I gained a lot of weight, strength, and speed as well. I was lean also due to the high volume.

I stopped training that way because it took up my whole day.

You see training lasted a minimum of 3 hours a day.

Since the volume was a lot higher you naturally had to eat more meals a day.

I slept more to..about 10 hours a night.

I was tired as hell.

r-ace-f
09-15-09, 7:21 am
thanks guys - i think i might give it a go in the near future and see how my body responds

V Man
09-15-09, 7:35 am
I followed a routine like that when I first started training because I had one of arnold's trianing books. I trained every bodypart twice a week. I thought it was normal at the time.

My results were very good. I gained a lot of weight, strength, and speed as well. I was lean also due to the high volume.

I stopped training that way because it took up my whole day.

You see training lasted a minimum of 3 hours a day.

Since the volume was a lot higher you naturally had to eat more meals a day.

I slept more to..about 10 hours a night.

I was tired as hell.

Yeh - I was going to mention this - do you really want to be spending 2-3 hours in the gym everyday?

Maccabee
09-15-09, 11:35 am
If you want to become a professional you might have to go through all that because after all it is apart of the job.

Then again there are plenty of bodybuilders out their who dont have contracts and have families, other jobs, and they still get the job done.

So its not impossible. You just have to structure your schedule properly.

Plus if you go through a really hard training session and you give it your all every day you wont have to train each bodypart twice a week.

For example, look at G-Diesel or BigAnt those guys are big and strong. They hit every bodypart once a week as far as I know.

Stick to the basics and keep it simple.

live2lift
09-15-09, 12:58 pm
I think you could do a split like this if you limit the volume that you do in any one session. There is a fine line between stimulating and annihilating...you need to find that happy medium especially on a program like this. If you do this you could make it work. Good luck brotha.

Peace

androidhinter
09-15-09, 1:51 pm
This looks like a good routine, but also, if you wanted to and you couldnt train a bodypart every other day because of recovery, you're not getting enough aminos and other nutrients and you're not stretching. ESPECIALLY if you train more than once a day

eclipsegsx102
09-15-09, 7:04 pm
i followed Arnold's training routine for close to 3 months. While it seems like a lot i did put on a good amount of muscle. Just rest enough and eat plenty of food. The workouts aren't that long if you keep the pace up. His chest and back super setting workout is insane.

jeff00z28
09-15-09, 8:55 pm
i dont see a point without performance enhancement

androidhinter
09-16-09, 1:49 am
This looks like a good routine, but also, if you wanted to and you couldnt train a bodypart every other day because of recovery, you're not getting enough aminos and other nutrients and you're not stretching. ESPECIALLY if you train more than once a day

btw I really dont like to be long winded but i did want to point out, I wasn't necessarily condoning doing that all the time, but its a good indicator

Menace
09-16-09, 8:23 am
sometimes i train twice per week. the second workout for each body part is lighter weight with a higher rep scheme. seems to help my recovery.

menace

Nickeas
09-17-09, 4:07 pm
I did Arnold's "each bodypart twice a week routine" for the first 3 years of my lifting.. From 14 to 17 I gained 60lbs. Part of it was going through puberty. But I only grew from 5'4" to 5'9".

I switched to a split like this
Day 1
Chest/Bis
Day2
Leg
Day 3
Off
Day 4
Shoulders Tris
Day5
Back
Day6&7
Off

My muscles started to develop a little more and my strength increase alot. I didnt gain that much more weight but the routine allowed alot more time for recovery and it helped in the mental aspect of knowing you only were training each bodypart once a week. You'll probley push harder knowing that.