PDA

View Full Version : Few easy quick questions

B-rad89
09-14-09, 11:33 pm
1) Is it still viable... or OK, rather, to take Creatine Monohydrate AFTER your workout even though you are taking Pump? Reason for this question:

Foundational Creatine Matrix
• Magnesium Creatine Chelate
• Tricreatine Matrix
• Creatine Ethyl Ester

2) Should I take pump when taking cuts as well, or do you believe that will be a waste of one or the other? I am ordering Pump, Flex and Cuts in the next few days.

B-rad89
09-15-09, 1:48 am
Come on, I know someone out their knows this answer!

BryanSmash!
09-15-09, 4:35 am
I would think the extra creatine monohydrate would be excreted and therefore wasted if you are already taking Pump as recommended. Every individual is different however. Also, this may interfere with the absorbtion of the Creatine Matrix in Cuts, but I dont know that for sure.
I'd recommend that you are looking to take in more creatine than is already in Cuts, just eat more red meat.

B-rad89
09-15-09, 4:37 am
I would think the extra creatine monohydrate would be excreted and therefore wasted if you are already taking Pump as recommended. Every individual is different however. Also, this may interfere with the absorbtion of the Creatine Matrix in Cuts, but I dont know that for sure.
I'd recommend that you are looking to take in more creatine than is already in Cuts, just eat more red meat.

Alright so just don't take the Creatine Mono when I take pump then ya?

Thank you very much.

BryanSmash!
09-15-09, 4:50 am
Alright so just don't take the Creatine Mono when I take pump then ya?

Thank you very much.

You're welcome. While it's good to experiment and find better ways that supplements work with your body, it's usually best to just follow the directions as recommended for optimal performance of that particular supplement. Pump already comes with a full day's supply of creatine.
The great thing about Universal though, is that their products are deigned to work well either as a standalone, or stacked together.
I'd advise adding Pak to your stack if you haven't already, and pay special attention to the red stim pills in Pump and Cuts, that might be alot to start with. The nice thing is, you can toss them right out if you need too.

B-rad89
09-15-09, 8:07 am
You're welcome. While it's good to experiment and find better ways that supplements work with your body, it's usually best to just follow the directions as recommended for optimal performance of that particular supplement. Pump already comes with a full day's supply of creatine.
The great thing about Universal though, is that their products are deigned to work well either as a standalone, or stacked together.
I'd advise adding Pak to your stack if you haven't already, and pay special attention to the red stim pills in Pump and Cuts, that might be alot to start with. The nice thing is, you can toss them right out if you need too.

Already got PAK and M-STAK (hey, m-stak was like $15 when i bought it... steal of a deal and no I am not using them till next year). I have already done 2 cans of cuts back in Jan/Feb. So I know what that is all about. Not to mention I go to the gym at about midnight, so cuts and pump would be placed evenly throughout the day.

BryanSmash!
09-15-09, 8:25 am
Already got PAK and M-STAK (hey, m-stak was like $15 when i bought it... steal of a deal and no I am not using them till next year). I have already done 2 cans of cuts back in Jan/Feb. So I know what that is all about. Not to mention I go to the gym at about midnight, so cuts and pump would be placed evenly throughout the day.

Good deal, looks like you're all set up.

Aggression
09-15-09, 8:39 am
1) Is it still viable... or OK, rather, to take Creatine Monohydrate AFTER your workout even though you are taking Pump? Reason for this question:

• Tricreatine Matrix
• Creatine Ethyl Ester

2) Should I take pump when taking cuts as well, or do you believe that will be a waste of one or the other? I am ordering Pump, Flex and Cuts in the next few days.

1. Yes, you can still take a creatine post workout when using Pump pre. Most people use Pump (or shock therapy) preWO and something post, like Torrent, which also contains creatine.

2. Taking Pump with cuts would be a good idea. It'll allow your muscle to remain full/hard while you cut down on the body fat.

GJN5002
09-15-09, 10:20 am
I take additional creatine when on pump. Wont hurt you and its cheap enough that if you are peeing it out, oh well.

Dingo
09-15-09, 11:16 am
The reformulation of cuts has better diuretics in it, so on top of adding more water for creatine, you'll also have to incorporate more water for cuts, trust me. When I alpha tested it for UN i had to down 2-2.5 gallons a day of water up from my usual 1-1.5 gallons. It made me very cotton mouthed. If i remember correctly the diuretics are in the blue pills while the stimulants (caffeine) are in the red pill. same as with pump's red pill.

live2lift
09-15-09, 1:03 pm

• Tricreatine Matrix
• Creatine Ethyl Ester

I would say that you are better off with something along the lines of Torrent post wo rather than mono. It has all the goodies your body needs after a hard training session. You could take pump at the same time as cuts if you like but watch how close you take them together...or if you have to take them at the same time then take the stim pill out of pump and you should be solid.

Peace

Wasteland
09-15-09, 3:44 pm

• Tricreatine Matrix
• Creatine Ethyl Ester

The actual timing of creatiine intake is not all that important. However, within the context of Animal Pump, which has the "pre-workout" component to it, you would benefit more from taking it before you lift.

But if you were taking, say, creatine monohydrate, and mixing it with your protein/carb post-workout shake, you could take it post-workout (think of Torrent).

You can run Pump together along with Cuts. However, you should stagger the dosage (don't take Cuts and Pump at the same time).

B-rad89
09-15-09, 11:35 pm
You all talk about Torrent, however after looking it up... 3.1lbs for 30 bucks and only 15 servings???

Is it really worth my little money I have? Like... how amazing is this product exactly? I love Universal Products... but really now?

Dingo
09-15-09, 11:55 pm
You all talk about Torrent, however after looking it up... 3.1lbs for 30 bucks and only 15 servings???

Is it really worth my little money I have? Like... how amazing is this product exactly? I love Universal Products... but really now?

torrent in my opinion is what you use when you have extra $$$ its not a BASIC. I would lay out a BASIC supp plan revolving around vitamins, protein, aminos and liver tabs. then depending upon what time of year it is, or what you goals are at that time spend any extra $$$ you have on the perks, torrent, cuts, stak, mstak.
above all if $$$ is an issue keep it simple and depend more on whole food (which you should do that anyway)

Aggression
09-16-09, 11:06 am

Remember, Torrent is for post workout only, so 15 servings would last 3 full weeks if you have a 5-day split. $10/week ain't that bad for what I consider a staple product while bulking.

B-rad89
09-17-09, 7:00 am
torrent in my opinion is what you use when you have extra $$$ its not a BASIC. I would lay out a BASIC supp plan revolving around vitamins, protein, aminos and liver tabs. then depending upon what time of year it is, or what you goals are at that time spend any extra $$$ you have on the perks, torrent, cuts, stak, mstak.
above all if $$$ is an issue keep it simple and depend more on whole food (which you should do that anyway)

I eat like a horse.

Remember, Torrent is for post workout only, so 15 servings would last 3 full weeks if you have a 5-day split. $10/week ain't that bad for what I consider a staple product while bulking.

Well, I am going to be starting up Muay Thai again in the next few weeks so bulking... well that wont be happening with MT 3x a week and BJJ 1x a week.

Dingo
09-17-09, 10:38 am
I eat like a horse.

good. my main point was just dont get caught up in all the hype of "what stack are you using?" "take this and take that then add this" so that you dont end up with 300$ worth of supps a month with an empty refrigerator. Its easy to do on here sometimes, especially when one feels they have stagnated.

Mr. Aestheticz
09-17-09, 1:56 pm

• Tricreatine Matrix
• Creatine Ethyl Ester

I SEE MY BOY AGGRESSION AND OTHERS GAVE THE .02 SO I AM GOING TO GIVE MINE!

1. STUDIES SHOW THAT ONLY 3 - 5G OF CREATINE ARE THE NECESSARY/MAX AMOUNTS TO TRIGGER ANABOLIC EFFECTS. SO WITH PUMP YOU ARE GETTING A TRI-MATRIX MIX OF 3 DIFFERENT TYPES OF CREATINE (MORE THAN LIKELY A GRAM OF EACH)

SO GETTING TO MY POINT BEING SCIENCE SHOWS THAT 3 - 5G HELPS AND YOU ARE ALREADY GETTING 3G WITH PUMP, TAKING AN ADDITIONAL 2G POST-WO IN MY EYES WOULD ONLY BE BENEFICIAL, ANYTHING UNDER 3G AND OVER 5G IS JUST A WASTE

*TAKE 1 PUMP PRE-WO AND 2G OF CREATINE MONO POST
-RIGHT NOW IN MY OFF SEASON I TAKE SHOCK PRE-WO AND I TAKE STORM POST-WO

2. THIS WOULD ONLY BE BENEFICIAL BEING ALL YOU ARE GOING TO DO IS VOLUMIZE AND HARDEN YOUR MUSCLES, WHEN I WAS USING CUTS AND PUMP TOGETHER ITOOK CUTS 30-45 MIN BEFORE TRAINING AND TOOK PUMP WHEN WALKING ONTO THE GYM FLOOR

HOPE THIS HELPS!

..EASY!!!

Hoomgar
09-17-09, 3:21 pm

A valid question. Like A said, it is only used after a workout so you will find it goes plenty far for that 15 servings. After running a tub of it, if you are like most people you are going to find that it is more than worth it. I'm sold on it and use it as a staple now myself. It has helped me recover quickly and make some great gains. The larger tubs are an even better value as the price per serving is even lower. A large tub lasts me almost 2 months.

Shop around too. Lots of resellers out there have it at a greatly reduced price as compared to the full retail you see here on the animalpak.com store.

Hg