PDA

View Full Version : How much Carbs/Protein do you eat in a day?

Mizzarler
09-16-09, 4:12 am
Non training days and training days and how much do you weigh?

Some people can eat a shit load of carbs but my carb intake is usually around 500 on training days and around 300 on off days. Protein is the same on both days being around 400-450. Not sure about my fats, get them from eggs, steak and natty pb most of the time. I didn't put this in the diet section cause I wanted to hear from the powerlifters!!!

BigChrisF
09-16-09, 4:32 am
I don't usually count the macro nutrients so much. I usually try to adhere to the guidline that something should have more grams of protein than fat. Past that, I usually just try and get a general estimate for the calories I am taking in. I shoot for somewhere around 5,000/day but I'm not the best at eating, so some days are better than others.

And I'm 6'6" and about 315ish pounds.

BLOWNBY
09-16-09, 10:20 am
i too don't really count my macro's: typical day: Protein/carbs

protein shake upon waking..................... 35g & 15g
6-8 eggs & oatmeal or grits.....................40g & 35g
Subway/wendy's/Arbys etc.....................50g & 75g
pre workout shake/meal..........................30g & 50g
post w/o shake.....................................30g & 60g
chicken/fish/beef-potato/rice & veggie......45g & 50g
Pre bed shake......................................35g & 10g

If i am trying to lean up, then i'll watch the additional crap, like cockie's, pizza chips, etc...cuz thos usually get snacked on or thrown onto my daily mix. if i want to add some size i add a little extra of the above mentioned & make my portions larger, plus will add 2% milk to shakes.

prowrestler
10-07-09, 5:51 pm
protien 250+ complete protien.
carb 600-800
fat. i eat alot. depends on my carbs.

Cstlfx
10-07-09, 10:34 pm
I have one of the crappiest diets. After I finish my string of competitions I have coming up I am severely cracking down.

Generally I am getting in 250+ grams of protein a day, also about 20g of various aminos.
Probably close to 500 grams of carbs, mainly dextrose, maltodextrin, fiber, but I take in less on non-workout days.
and fats, whatever is in the protein and w/the carbs.

I try to have most fats come from healthy sources, but I do eat bacon more than occasionally. Ground beef is usually over 95-5.

I'm 5' 8" and at the moment 252.

J Wong
10-08-09, 12:14 am
Meal 1-48 grams whey protein, cup of skim milk, 3/4 cup oatmeal, tbsp peanut butter, and a banana shake
Meal 2-cup of oatmeal with cinnamon sugar or peanut butter with 5 oz cooked ground beef OR 4 whole eggs +3 whites
Meal 3-cup brown rice with 6 oz chicken
Meal 4- Dinner
Meal 5- Same as meal 1
*Meals 4 and 5 can be flip flopped at times)*
Meal 6-5.5 oz chicken OR 2 cans of tuna with tbsp peanut butter

That is my typical diet that I follow everyday now. My "dinner" meal usually consists of 50-100 grams of carbs with 60+ grams of protein.

Not sure of the macro breakdown though. It is close to 300 grams of protein I think, maybe 300 grams of carbs on a high day depending on the dinner, and very unsure of the calories. I'm about 5'8-5'9, around 215 lbs normally.