PDA

View Full Version : I need some real help!

Rossini
09-17-09, 10:37 am
ive been an animal for the past 18 months. training hard every day, 5 days a week.

my stats have become phonomial in the past nine months. but im at a peak. my body just isnt showing any real inprovement. and i know this is a touchy subject and i have been looking into the gear. to get me out of this peak.

as an example im benching 120kgs at 4 reps and my chest still looks average. i shoulder press (dumbells 30kgs) and still nothing massive. i standing military press 75kgs 6-10 reps.

i shoulder shrug 50kg dumbells for sets of 30+ reps. and bar it with 260+kgs. i fly with 22.5kgs dumbells for 6 reps. i am curling 70kgs bars for christ sake! its just not fair. im 5'11 yer i am pretty solid. but it makes no sense why im not as big as i lift.

i deadlifted 280kgs a few weeks ago.

im in a small gym. and hands down i am probably the strongest all over. year im pretty big.
but not as big as i want to be. and i have been thinking about it. and would really apreciate any feed back from people who have tried it and gotten gains etc... dw it will be very discrete pm me and ill keep it very quite.

and im only 19-20 in 3 months.

thank you all help would be really really helpfull! and apreciated!

the animal
Rossini

C.Coronato
09-17-09, 10:42 am
No gear or steroid talk on these boards, sorry brother.

But moving on it may be an eating issue. What exactly how you eating now and what is you workout? reps sets ect?

Angelwrath
09-17-09, 10:45 am
What's your diet like ?

And what program are you on? The bodybuilder type split routine or something more advanced?

Flash419
09-17-09, 10:55 am
Post your diet and your last few workouts... Could be your training like a powerlifter. Nothing wrong with that if strength is your top concern. If it's size you want then you may need to switch some things up to stimulate growth.

Before you go adding extras in the mix.. get the basics down perfect first. Lots of info, and help available here on both diets and training. And Animal makes a great line of supplements to help you use the natural hormones your body is producing right now.

Keep at it bro. Don't get discouraged. Remember this is a journey, not a destination. And most of the truely big guys you will ever see have been doing this for YEARS! As the saying goes.. Rome was not built in a day.

Rossini
09-17-09, 11:01 am
sorry buddy.

my eating has always been pretty good. eat 3-4 bigs steaks a week, i eat alot of clean chicken. i have eggs for breakfeast. and latly ive been hitting maccas before a gym session to get a few ruff calories in.

as for my training its pretty hard and intense.

okay ill give you an example of my work out days. from this week.

chest/tris (wed)

ill usually start with flat bench. doing 20 reps on 60kgs.
then 10 x 80kgs, then 8x 90s 4x 120s then a nice dropset from 80 down to the bar. droping 20kgs each time.

then ill hit decline
starting 12x 80s then 6-8x 90s and 3-6 110s 5x 60kgs

flys 8x 15kgs with a ten second hold at the end. same again. then 3 at 22.5 with a 8 sec hold

skull chrushers 12x30k 12x 40 10x 30

cable push downs 12x66kgs x 3 and then 6x79kgs, then 10x45kgs

shoulders.

military press 6x 60 6x60 4x 70 5x 60 3x60+2 negs

side raises 20x12 20x12 18x12 8x15 6x10

shrugs 30x60 22x120 18x180 10x220 10x120

legs

squats- 12x 60 12x 120 4x160 + 6x160 three quaters 5x240(halfs) 12x200(halfs) 4x120 (f)

extentions 12x69 12x88 12x99+3 n3gs

reverse ext 10x69 8x69 8x69 7x69

calf rasies 12x240lbs 10x 280lbs 8x280lbs 12x140lbs

bis

curls usually 4 sets of 10 (each arm) in 20s db

reverse db curls 12x27 12x25 12x30 10x20

jacks 4 sets of 12s 10,12,15,17

big bb curl 60kgs 3 reps 70kgs 3 reps 50kgs 3 reps

back wide grip military

cable rows 113- 13plus (maxed)
machine rows 69- 3 sets 10

yay thats bout it for the lifting.

Flash419
09-17-09, 11:09 am
Only thing popping out at me is the low rep sets.

Keep your reps 8 - 12... anything lower then 6 is definately getting into strength and not size.

Could you be a little more specific in your diet. Post what you ate yesterday, how many meals, what they were.. size of portions. Diet is like 75% of this... I have seen it said many times.. most pros would rather miss a workout then miss a meal. Could be your not getting enough protein... or????

We'll get your straight and making progress. No worries!

Rossini
09-17-09, 11:14 am
okay i dont have a set eating plan.

yesterday
i woke up late so i only had an apple for breakfreast and a glass of oj
about 11 i had a sushi with chiken and avo in it. and a can redbull
1230 i got a chicken snitzel rolls with letuce mayo. and a seafood salad- about a 250 ml contaior size. 230 sushi again. and then about 5 i ate two jnr burgers and a lean beef burger and an oj from maccas. then had my session, after it i had a 300gm steak with seafood and veigies.

today was crap woke up at 230
had 2 cheese burgers and a tripple cheese burgers. medium fries. and a coke. then gym
then a big chicken breast snitzel for dinner. then thats it.

noend
09-17-09, 11:54 am
I'd toss the decline bench for incline... decline bench is a limited ROM movement.

MrMonday
09-17-09, 12:44 pm
I'm amazed that all of you are trying to give him advice on his workout and nobody has asked the most important question yet.

Are you gaining bodyweight??

How much do you weigh now?

Rossini
09-17-09, 1:12 pm
i was 80kgs a year ago. and i peaked at 94kgs abut a month and a half ago. and now i have been throwing in some extra mild cardio and am down to 92kgs.

and no im not fat. i have a small waist i fit into 34;s. and some 32s. (australian standard pants.)

t_mh
09-17-09, 1:42 pm
It sounds like you're making great progress. No one looks huge after just 18 months but it sounds like you have made some serious strength gains. If you're unhappy with your size gains, your diet seems pretty weak. I'm not the best to talk to about that, but that's what stuck out.

Rossini
09-17-09, 1:50 pm
yer im not complaining about my strength gains. its my size gains. i realise i have put on 12 kgs in just 18months. and i know alot is muscle as i was a porker 18 months ago. but now ive got a flat stomach. a slight six pack.

i think its just an issue with my definition in my chest. and my bis and shoulders dont seem to be growing as well as i had hoped. i went from 15inches to 17.5 inches in the last 18 months. but i feel its more tris. i would love to get some nice 19inchs happening.

i will say though my back has toned out nice, and my traps (which i spent a good 6 months perfecting) have shot up like a pro wrestlers. but i really feel at a peak atm.

my chest is pretty large. but only in the lower half. and i dont really have an inner chest which makes it seem smaller. :(

so i really do need to work on my chest. shoulders (i want them to get wider? and rounder?) as well as my bis, and forearms.

diet seems like a good start. any suggestions of a good protein/carb/fat/sugar/cal intake per day for me. keeping in mind i dont want to gain any fat. but want to push my muscle mass to a new high. (ya the dream i get it)

Hoomgar
09-17-09, 2:03 pm
What jumps out at me best I can tell from your diet post is that you may be getting enough protein but it looks like you are severely lacking the needed carbs. Your body needs carbs & protein to grow properly. Also strength will go up with added carbs. Try adding a cup of oats to your breakfast. You should be making breakfast your biggest meal of the day but it looks like all your having is a glass of juice?

Try eating your Steak or eggs for breakfast and add a cup of oats to it. Throughout the day for lunch you could be having some more oats if you like them or try some potatoes or yams. get your carbs up more and stay with everything else you have been doing and see where that takes you. if you change too many things at one time you'll have no idea where you are going. Make small changes in one area at a time and give it some time to see how you react.

Also, sometimes when this happens you can really benefit from taking an entire week off training. instead of lifting, for one week, just go for a low paced walk during each workout period and after a week of eating good and doing this, then return to the iron and try a new split at that point. Mix it up, confuse your muscles. You can bust through this man. Stick with it and keep asking questions as well as reading up here on the board.

Hg

Rossini
09-17-09, 10:38 pm
okay, starting next week im going to hit an actual planed diet.

about 300gms protein. 100 carbs? and 50 gms fat.?

MrMonday
09-17-09, 11:06 pm
okay, starting next week im going to hit an actual planed diet.

about 300gms protein. 100 carbs? and 50 gms fat.?

How do you expect your lifts to go up and your muscles to get bigger if you're eating the recommended daily calorie level of a sedentary woman?

You probably need about 4000 calories to keep growing.

Barker
09-17-09, 11:20 pm
300 grams of protein is just a starting point for someone your size, but if you want to gain size you might want to increase it some, and either your carbs or your fat intake (or both) are going to have to increase by quite a bit.

violator
09-18-09, 6:12 am
okay i dont have a set eating plan.

yesterday
i woke up late so i only had an apple for breakfreast and a glass of oj
about 11 i had a sushi with chiken and avo in it. and a can redbull
1230 i got a chicken snitzel rolls with letuce mayo. and a seafood salad- about a 250 ml contaior size. 230 sushi again. and then about 5 i ate two jnr burgers and a lean beef burger and an oj from maccas. then had my session, after it i had a 300gm steak with seafood and veigies.

today was crap woke up at 230
had 2 cheese burgers and a tripple cheese burgers. medium fries. and a coke. then gym
then a big chicken breast snitzel for dinner. then thats it.

theres ur problem....all the AAS in the world wont help u without a solid diet plan...
& theres plenty of them available in the diet section....

uve got some solid progress behind u in the last 18 months, looks like uve been busting ur ass...now get in the kitchen & do the same... & ull see insane results...

good luck

Rossini
09-18-09, 9:21 am
whats AAS?

yer i have been busting my arse. and i love the strength gains. but right now i want some nice big improvements to size factors! and if that means getting up earler, to make a bigger breakfeast. and a little more in preperations for food. so help me i will.

can any one help me with a good bases to a diet ie gms of protein. carbs. fats sugars etc...

and any other advice would be wonderfull!

Flash419
09-18-09, 11:53 am
Definately get on a steady plan. Check out the Team Yellow thread. Rage is helping those guys bulk up, and it should have a very solid plan you can use.

Get some protein powder and try and throw in a shake once or twice a day. Especially first thing in the morning. Your body has been essencially eating itself since you went to bed. It needs protein to stop that process.

Do your best to eat every 2 - 3 hours. Keep the protein high.

J Wong
09-18-09, 12:31 pm
Only thing popping out at me is the low rep sets.

Keep your reps 8 - 12... anything lower then 6 is definately getting into strength and not size.

Could you be a little more specific in your diet. Post what you ate yesterday, how many meals, what they were.. size of portions. Diet is like 75% of this... I have seen it said many times.. most pros would rather miss a workout then miss a meal. Could be your not getting enough protein... or????

We'll get your straight and making progress. No worries!

I'm sorry, but I disagree. You can gain size from hitting under 8-12 reps. The key thing is diet.

theharjmann
09-18-09, 3:34 pm
ive been an animal for the past 18 months. training hard every day, 5 days a week.

my stats have become phonomial in the past nine months. but im at a peak. my body just isnt showing any real inprovement. and i know this is a touchy subject and i have been looking into the gear. to get me out of this peak.

as an example im benching 120kgs at 4 reps and my chest still looks average. i shoulder press (dumbells 30kgs) and still nothing massive. i standing military press 75kgs 6-10 reps.

i shoulder shrug 50kg dumbells for sets of 30+ reps. and bar it with 260+kgs. i fly with 22.5kgs dumbells for 6 reps. i am curling 70kgs bars for christ sake! its just not fair. im 5'11 yer i am pretty solid. but it makes no sense why im not as big as i lift.

i deadlifted 280kgs a few weeks ago.

im in a small gym. and hands down i am probably the strongest all over. year im pretty big.
but not as big as i want to be. and i have been thinking about it. and would really apreciate any feed back from people who have tried it and gotten gains etc... dw it will be very discrete pm me and ill keep it very quite.

and im only 19-20 in 3 months.

thank you all help would be really really helpfull! and apreciated!

the animal
Rossini

you are 19. fuck genetics. fuck the gear. im 22 and still have no admiration to take it. im still getting bigger and stronger.

id been trainign 5 days a week (giving arms their own day) and growth started to stall.

i now do 4 days weights a week (triceps with delts and biceps with back), and pilates on a 5th day. i am now growing and not putting on too much excess fat.

maybe give that a go?

Rossini
09-18-09, 4:23 pm
yer. you guys are right. i just need to get into a good stone cold eating plan.

i dont thinkn there is to much wrong with my actuall training resigm. i switch it up every 1-3 months any way.

so now its time to get the infor down for eating. and a diet and to see how that effects me!
btw gladious im totoally down with you! ive gotten bigger from lower reps.
just not where i would like to be at.

MrMonday
09-18-09, 7:37 pm
I'm not sure if anybody has said this in the thread already, but you should probably raise your standards a little too. lol

I have never seen anyone with a 120kg bench press that actually looked impressive, and the rest of your lifts are pretty average as well.

You have to lift huge to be huge. Once you are repping 4 plates on the bench press, your pecs will be huge. When you are repping your bodyweight on the military press, your shoulders will look pretty good. Having average numbers means you will have an average physique.

Not trying to be discouraging, you have made a lot of progress and now that you know what you need to do you have nowhere to go but up.

Shamus11B
09-19-09, 1:03 am
Man first like many said before you are not eating enough. I eat 395.8g of Protein 140ish grams of Carbs and 54g of fat and I am cutting. You need to really be eating big to get big. Second, you are making good gains now, and at your age your natural hormones are still in overdrive so you will make amazing gains by just eating huge and training hard. Third, as was stated earlier no talk of gear on this site and besides at your age you would see some major pitfalls from AAS. Just keep at the grind brother, seeing results like you are is great and they will continue once you get that diet in check. Just eat and eat and eat, those gains will come brother.

prowrestler
09-19-09, 1:49 am
[QUOTE=Rossini;806812]whats AAS?QUOTE]

you where considering running gear and have to ask that....

stay as far away from and hormonal aid as possible. YOU ARE FAAAAAAAAAR from the stage where that should even enter your mind.

youve been trainign for 18 months man. your not gonna look like arny tomoro. give it time. the biggest factor is time my friend. and your diet like mrmonday pointed out is weak. jack up ur carbs and fats. 500ish carb and 100 healthy fat.

up ur reps to 6-10.

Rossini
09-19-09, 6:23 am
I'm not sure if anybody has said this in the thread already, but you should probably raise your standards a little too. lol

I have never seen anyone with a 120kg bench press that actually looked impressive, and the rest of your lifts are pretty average as well.

You have to lift huge to be huge. Once you are repping 4 plates on the bench press, your pecs will be huge. When you are repping your bodyweight on the military press, your shoulders will look pretty good. Having average numbers means you will have an average physique.

Not trying to be discouraging, you have made a lot of progress and now that you know what you need to do you have nowhere to go but up.

wow i actually thought that 120 was a good bench. there is people in my gym with nice chest that dont even do that. i guess because of the lack of animals in my gym i cant really rely on that factor. so i should really hit a hard bulk. and jack up my eatting. hard.

so how would you sugest in brinign up my bench? because it took alot to work up to 120kgs. any good sugestions? rep vs weight wise?

setting up a diet and starting a journey will be my next thase. im going to start on the prologue to it for the rest of this month.

then starting oct ill start my solid journey. as for average. like i said before i really dont have animals in my gym. and there is only 4 people who can keep up with my military of 80s and one is 6'4 nd weighing in at 140kgs but nothing special. so i actually genuenily thought that my military was pretty good. as well as my bench. not to many can do that either. infact only the same 4.

so i think its alittle hard for me to compare my self to a stronger person because im the only animal in my gym and im the one people look up to. (dont ask me why) i always draw a crowd when i do a 260 kg dead lift. or even a 70 kg barbell curl.

if i had some real animals as well, some one to look up to, maybe i wouldnt be in this mess. it feels weird. but im other peoples animal models but i dont have one of my own. :( and im nothing special i know.

well thanks for bringing me back to earth with my stats. i kinda feel better. i want to strive to increase that. what should i be looking at?

Rossini
09-19-09, 9:44 am
ive been doing some research and i came up with a plausible diet.

its a 45/30/25 diet?

thus breaking it down to 3700kcal, 416gm protein, 278 carbs, and 103 fats

would this be suitable to start with?

or should i come in alot slower?

say the first 2 weeks come in at half that, and work into the bigger diet? or should i jump straight into it?

MrMonday
09-19-09, 12:54 pm
wow i actually thought that 120 was a good bench. there is people in my gym with nice chest that dont even do that. i guess because of the lack of animals in my gym i cant really rely on that factor. so i should really hit a hard bulk. and jack up my eatting. hard.

so how would you sugest in brinign up my bench? because it took alot to work up to 120kgs. any good sugestions? rep vs weight wise?

setting up a diet and starting a journey will be my next thase. im going to start on the prologue to it for the rest of this month.

then starting oct ill start my solid journey. as for average. like i said before i really dont have animals in my gym. and there is only 4 people who can keep up with my military of 80s and one is 6'4 nd weighing in at 140kgs but nothing special. so i actually genuenily thought that my military was pretty good. as well as my bench. not to many can do that either. infact only the same 4.

so i think its alittle hard for me to compare my self to a stronger person because im the only animal in my gym and im the one people look up to. (dont ask me why) i always draw a crowd when i do a 260 kg dead lift. or even a 70 kg barbell curl.

if i had some real animals as well, some one to look up to, maybe i wouldnt be in this mess. it feels weird. but im other peoples animal models but i dont have one of my own. :( and im nothing special i know.

well thanks for bringing me back to earth with my stats. i kinda feel better. i want to strive to increase that. what should i be looking at?

In general the rule of thumb is be in the 3/4/5 club (136/182/227 for you kg people) in order to look like you lift weights. You're around there now, so great job so far. But if you want to look huge you should be aiming for the 4/5/6 club - (not saying you should train to only increase your 1 rep max, this is just a guideline).

And then obviously being in the 5/6/7 club and on up makes you a monster.

As far as how to train that is a personal thing. Most guys stick with traditional training, pyramiding up to one work set for each exercise. Other guys prefer to do a 5x5 straight set type deal for their staple big lifts. It's up to you, but I can tell you that your lifts will start going up again as soon as you begin eating enough FOOD!

ive been doing some research and i came up with a plausible diet.

its a 45/30/25 diet?

thus breaking it down to 3700kcal, 416gm protein, 278 carbs, and 103 fats

would this be suitable to start with?

or should i come in alot slower?

say the first 2 weeks come in at half that, and work into the bigger diet? or should i jump straight into it?

The exact macronutrients don't matter that much, but that seems like a decent diet. If it were me I'd make it more like 300grams of protein, 450 grams of carbs, 100 grams of fats. Going over 1.75 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight is usually reserved for guys taking anabolics.

If I were you I would get your protein up to 300 grams immediately, and then just add a few hundred calories every day until you reach 3700. I don't know if anybody has mentioned it yet, but Fitday.com is a god-send. lol