PDA

View Full Version : powerlifting competition / bodybuilding

xinudio
09-21-09, 2:06 pm
hey everyone,

i've been doing some bodybuilding workout routine now for a while and i always had great results. but last week i talked with the gym owner and he would like me to enter the powerlifting competition and he will then write down my workout routine, i think i can trust him to gain strength because he has a degree in sports something ... and he made it to the olympics in his younger years.

So now with his routine i sometimes workout triceps and shoulders and chest (as eg) after squat bench and dl, etc a few times a week instead of once or twice, its also less sets and exercises each time. I'm just wondering, is there a chance of overtraining the helping muscles to squat bench and deadlift or like stop the mass building ... ? because sure i want to get stronger and perform well in competition but i still like muscle MASS too lol ^^

so any ideas about what will happen to my mass? =)

grtz, xin

prowrestler
09-21-09, 2:22 pm
if your diets the same or improving, your body will adjust to the increase workload. deload every 4-6 weeks.

live2lift
09-21-09, 3:05 pm
As long as you are taking in enough calories you shouldn't have to worry about your mass. It will come along with the PL routine...although maybe not as fast as a BB type workout per se but it will come. Later after your meet if you decide that maybe you want to enter a BB comp or even if you want more size then you prob could do more of a BB type routine and worry about refining the muscle then. As for now, just lift some heavy ass weights. Good luck brotha.

Peace

IRBS
09-21-09, 3:08 pm
The amount of mass you keep or add will be totally dependant on your caloric intake, just like it always is.