PDA

View Full Version : carb shake

Joseph V
09-21-09, 3:12 pm
my high carb shake when im bulking up over a 3 to 4 month period of time consists of this

10 big spoons of quaker oats

2 medium size bananas

1 teaspoon of sugar

milk or water ( in the afternoon ill use milk but over the night ill use water)

whatcha think of the shake im doing,..is it bad , ok , or it needs improvements??

Aggression
09-21-09, 3:22 pm
I would dump the sugar. With the oats and bananas, that's all the carbs you'll need man.

C.Coronato
09-21-09, 3:29 pm
I would also throw in a good protein powder, a scoop or two would be fine. But the rest looks real good my man.

GJN5002
09-21-09, 4:24 pm
is this just for supplemental carbs in your diet? At first glance I thought it was a pwo shake but you just have this as a meal?

stumblin54
09-21-09, 10:00 pm
When are you drinking this? What is a "big spoon" of quaker oats? Why are you putting sugar into it?..and where's the most important part of a shake, the PROTEIN? One banana is fine, and one cup of oats should be fine too. I say "cup" here so you can actually measure you macronutrients, and you aren't guessing how many grams of CHO you're getting in. Offseason, or bulking season, is no excuse to eat like a fool, and I'm not saying you are here but many people dig themselves holes that they often cannot get out of. Train hard, and eat smarter if you want to make the most out of your gains.

Stumblin

Little Z
09-21-09, 10:05 pm
When are you drinking this? What is a "big spoon" of quaker oats? Why are you putting sugar into it?..and where's the most important part of a shake, the PROTEIN? One banana is fine, and one cup of oats should be fine too. I say "cup" here so you can actually measure you macronutrients, and you aren't guessing how many grams of CHO you're getting in. Offseason, or bulking season, is no excuse to eat like a fool, and I'm not saying you are here but many people dig themselves holes that they often cannot get out of. Train hard, and eat smarter if you want to make the most out of your gains.

Stumblin

x2.. wheres the protein?.. and wtf is 10 big spoons? you talkin tablespoon?

Joseph V
09-21-09, 10:28 pm
big spoons,;.that means getting a little more on an adult spoon,...i dont know how to explain it,..but its when you purposely overscoop to get a little more of what your getting

ive never tried universal Iso-whey protein onto a shake of oats,..but ill buy it on the 30th of september when i need to go to vitaminshoppe

as for the bananas,..ive read that they pack 20 grams of carbs per medium size banana which is a shocker to me

Joseph V
09-21-09, 10:30 pm
i didnt measure by cups because i dont know the standard size of a cup,..i have all sizes in my house...ill go to google to look for the answer but if you guys can give me your opinions that be great

thanks a bunch

Joseph V
09-21-09, 10:40 pm
google gave me a bunch and the answer average around 9 to 10oz cup size??

i dont know if you guys wanna know but with the spoon..(10 scoops)..its around 112 grams of carbs ( not adding to the bananas which ill stick to one instead of two)

Little Z
09-21-09, 10:53 pm

i dont know if you guys wanna know but with the spoon..(10 scoops)..its around 112 grams of carbs ( not adding to the bananas which ill stick to one instead of two)

a cup of quaker oats is 80 grams.. just get a scoop that shows "1cup" and youll be set.. or one that shows "1/4cup" and use 4 of those..

krazyassmexican
09-21-09, 11:24 pm
if you have a food scale you dont need spoons to meassure, not even pb

by the way you probably have a gifted metabolism, just reading your shake made me gain 5lbs of water and 3lbs of fat

prowrestler
09-21-09, 11:37 pm

u fill up a measuring cup to where it says 1 cup......

1 cup is 8 ounces. thats the MAX info you're gonna need to get your measurments down.

1 question...the purpose of this shake is?

bulking = calories in a surplus. quality cals.

try this. 1 cup oats (not 10 "big" spoons lol) 1 cup milk, 3 spoons PB, 1 banana and 2 scoops whey. that right there is an awsome, well rounded mass builder

krazyassmexican
09-21-09, 11:52 pm
u fill up a measuring cup to where it says 1 cup......

1 cup is 8 ounces. thats the MAX info you're gonna need to get your measurments down.

1 question...the purpose of this shake is?

bulking = calories in a surplus. quality cals.

try this. 1 cup oats (not 10 "big" spoons lol) 1 cup milk, 3 spoons PB, 1 banana and 2 scoops whey. that right there is an awsome, well rounded mass builder

or if you wanna make it quicker, a scoop of waxy maize, 2 scoops of whey isolate and 2 table spoons of mac nut oil

prowrestler
09-21-09, 11:53 pm
or if you wanna make it quicker, a scoop of waxy maize, 2 scoops of whey isolate and 2 table spoons of mac nut oil

mine 4 sure tatses better lol!

Little Z
09-22-09, 12:06 am
mine 4 sure tatses better lol!

but mac nut oil = amazing..

C.Coronato
09-22-09, 9:51 am

two completely different shakes, that wouldnt even apply to what he is making.

Joseph V
09-22-09, 11:07 am
i appreciate all of the advice, and changes.

today at 6:30 in the morning before going to school my shake consists of...

1 cup of quaker oats

2 scoops of iso-whey protein( i heard carbs is better absorbed when taken with protein)

(i saw evan centopani doing this in muscular development video so i gave it a shot)..1 tablespoon of macadime oil (if thats how you spell it)...evan said it gives the shake a better taste and it did