PDA

View Full Version : So life begins...

AtalantaReborn
09-21-09, 11:46 pm
I'm a 37 yr old female motivated by a fresh start... I'm about 5' 11" and 164 pounds. At 37 I'm sure there are alot of people out there "starting over" in some fashion. I am and I'm stoked! I've been through a lot of life issues and over time it has taken its toll on me physically. My once lean, strong figure had gained too much fat and lost muscle sitting in front of the tv and in the bar... not pretty. I basically have quit both of those habits... I started running on a trail (I love that kind of thing, outside, fresh air, trees, sigh...) which got me back into the whole fitness kick again but I developed shin splints. Started workin out a the gym at the advice of a good friend and member of this group... also why I'm on this site now. I want to go for it and do this in a big way. I lost 20 pounds over the last year and am getting a slight "high" off of the physical strength and endurance I'm gaining. I still feel like a wimp, but know I feel way better than I used to. I know the drop in pants size is definitely a plus! I've decided this needs to be for life, not a season of it... so here I am. My goals are uncertain at this point except that I know I want to drop about 15 pounds and gain some strength and definition. I am doing cardio about 5 times a week, and alternating back, arms and legs. The road has just started... who knows where it will take me, but I know its gotta be good!

Durrikan
09-22-09, 12:09 am
Welcome to the forum...I'm in for the ride...let the journey begin
keep us posted...what kind of routine are you doing in the gym
any special diet or suppliments?

as for starting over...it's never to late to do that, look at me lol
after over 20yrs away from the game here I am back in it and going
strong or at least trying to get stronger each week

we'll support you, back you, and hit the gym with you
good luck on your new journey

fatbackgoal
09-22-09, 5:27 am
In for the ride!!!

deanna7272
10-30-09, 1:28 pm
What's up with the new girl??? Where are ya Darlin?? Haven't thrown in the towel this early have you??? I am sure you are a strong woman if you are here...

My advice is stay true to yourself and your journey... It's a guide to your life, it will keep you accountable as we all will... Life throws us some curves, but know that we here at the Forvm are family...

If there's anything you need, we are here... Don't be a stranger, the iron will never steer you wrong...

Dee

AtalantaReborn
11-08-09, 10:15 am
Hey, not throwin in the towel. Been busy with new things in life. Trying to keep my workouts in, but admit I did take a break about a week. I need to keep my focus and keep posting. I have some goals that will just fade away if I don't keep that focus. Gonna post workouts going fwd just to be able to look back and see how I'm REALLY doin. Thanks for the post!

fatbackgoal
11-09-09, 12:29 am
About time you posted in here. Don't waste the chance to get some good support and advice. Deanna will round up the ladies for you and help you with your journey.

deanna7272
11-09-09, 7:46 am
Hey, not throwin in the towel. Been busy with new things in life. Trying to keep my workouts in, but admit I did take a break about a week. I need to keep my focus and keep posting. I have some goals that will just fade away if I don't keep that focus. Gonna post workouts going fwd just to be able to look back and see how I'm REALLY doin. Thanks for the post!

Not a problem, been checking back to se how you are... Use the Forvm for inspiration, information and most of all accountability... Keep your focus, only good things can follow!!

AtalantaReborn
11-11-09, 3:51 pm
Gonna post what I can from memory... need to do this daily so I won't forget.

Sunday: 40 Min Cardio
Monday: Bench 75# 3x15 plus various arm wts., Ab crunches, Cardio 25 min.
Tuesday: Squats w bar 3x15, various arm wts, Ab Crunches, Cardio 20 min.
Wednesday: off

Tommorrow is legs... need to drink more water and stop binging on crap in between meals.. I burn up so much now that I get super hungry for carbs. I am down to 157 now which for my height isn't bad. I do need to get rid of the belly a little though. My goals to be in a bikini by March and have some definition.

Open to advice!