PDA

View Full Version : Hard Gain

Davey63
09-23-09, 12:36 pm
I'm a hardgainer, last Winter i put on a stone n a half, but that only brought me to 11 stone.I'm back at 10 and a half now about 67kg I think.I'm starting on a big gain soon and I was wondering if anyone has any tips to offer?I'm planning on eating every 3 hours including sleep (going to set my alarm).I'm going to take gainer as much as I can afford, and take protein as much as possible.I'm hoping to reach 12 stone in 6 months, I understand this is a big goal, but I have full intention of doing it all by the book for a few months.For the last 6 weeks of my season I intend on doing one creatine cycle.Would it beneficial for me to do a 6 week cycle at the beginning also?Give me a kick start perhaps?Let me know if anyone has any ideas or suggestions to put on a stone and a half in 6 months please?I should get to eleven quickly because I've been at that before I find it easier to get back up once I've been there.Cheers guys

Hollow
09-23-09, 12:45 pm
Right now it’s a pretty hot topic but one of the simplest ways to pack on some size...drink a gallon of whole milk each and every day on top of what you are already consuming.

Just one of many possibilities...

ghost
09-23-09, 1:06 pm
no such thing as a hard-gainer. just someone who isnt eating enough.

C.Coronato
09-23-09, 1:13 pm
Good to have you Dave. How old are you and what are you currently eating?

Hollow
09-23-09, 1:13 pm
no such thing as a hard-gainer. just someone who isnt eating enough.

I’ve heard that some where before...a lot of merit in those words by rcrott1.

Wasteland
09-23-09, 1:14 pm
Two words. Eat. Big.

ghost
09-23-09, 1:15 pm
I’ve heard that some where before...a lot of merit in those words by rcrott1.

i used to tell people that i was a hard-gainer.

Then I met Big Ant, Vinny, and the others in person. Vinny knows me really well, and knows how to tell me shit. he told me the first time i met him to get my head out of my ass and eat everything in the house. and that hard-gainers are a myth. just like the Unicorn.. and santa... he crushed my hopes and dreams of one day meeting santa clause......

Davey63
09-23-09, 4:16 pm
Good to have you Dave. How old are you and what are you currently eating?

I'm 18 years old pal.I've been training about a year but over the summer I slacked to an extent I kept training but I did'nt gain.I'm very lean anyway but I'm in good nick at the moment, although still very light.I have alot of muscle, I'd like to go for 12 stone this Winter.I agree completely about hard gainers being a myth by the way.Nice way of putting it.

Davey63
09-23-09, 4:17 pm
By the way, would drinking a gallon of milk a day actually be beneficial?I would have thought I'd gain more garbage weight than bulk off of it?

t_mh
09-23-09, 4:20 pm
I don't know if I would call gaining a stone in a winter a "hard gainer."

Wasteland
09-23-09, 4:21 pm
By the way, would drinking a gallon of milk a day actually be beneficial?I would have thought I'd gain more garbage weight than bulk off of it?

Depends on who you ask. Some would endorse it, others would not. For more, see:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=27062&highlight=milk
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=1169&highlight=milk
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=27739&highlight=milk
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=18664&highlight=milk

t_mh
09-23-09, 8:23 pm
Hahah seems like those threads should've been combined.

Ady
09-25-09, 1:50 pm
Take a tub of rice with veg and new potatoes with you everywhere, i mix mine with some mayo. Make sure you are getting enough protein i take about 180grams of the stuff a day. Eat solid meals every 3 hours. Train heavy and hard and then be patient. You will grow and if you don;t eat more :)

Peace

On Letting Go
09-25-09, 2:11 pm
I'm planning on eating every 3 hours including sleep (going to set my alarm).

That is a HORRIBLE idea.

Getting your full 7 - 8 hours of UN-INTERRUPTED sleep is crucial for recovery and growth.

OnLettingGo

arab910
09-25-09, 7:13 pm
That is a HORRIBLE idea.

Getting your full 7 - 8 hours of UN-INTERRUPTED sleep is crucial for recovery and growth.

OnLettingGo

word. if you're not resting your body, you might as well forget your hopes of getting bigger.

prowrestler
09-25-09, 10:15 pm
bodyweight in lbs x25 in cals. go from there

J-PILE
09-26-09, 11:31 pm
Just fyi...

If you are eating clean foods every 3 hours, and you are getting even the slightest bit hungry in between meals, then you are not eating enough to grow.

Don't limit yourself to only eating every 3 hours. Eat evey 2 hours if you have to, if you are EVEN THE SLIGHTEST BIT HUNGRY. That is your body's way of telling you it needs more calories. Learn to listen to it, and train heavy!! If you truly are a skinny dude, drink a Real Gains shake right before you go to bed also... It will help.