PDA

View Full Version : No Carbs?

Fleadom4all
09-24-09, 1:14 pm
I was browsing my bodybuilding website and saw an article of a guy who lost a crap load of weight over time by working out, using animal products mainly and having a very strict diet and got down to 5% BF. He is now a bodybuilder and does shows. My issue is I saw his diet and I cant find a real carb source, how would he get by on this???

Meal 1:
10 Egg Whites
1 Serving of Whey Protein

Meal 2:

2 Servings of Whey Protein

Meal 3:

Meal 4:

10 oz of Tilapia

Meal 5:

10 oz of Tilapia

Meal 6:

2 Tbs of All Natural Peanut Butter

Meal 7:

10 Egg Whites

Meal 8:

1 ½ Serving of Whey Protein
2 Tbs of All Natural Peanut Butter

how...

rev8ball
09-24-09, 1:23 pm
There are several threads in this "Diet" section dealing with Keto diets. Take a look in there, and I'm sure you will find more than need.

GJN5002
Looks like he probablydid a keto diet (no carb diet). Look it up in the diet section. That is a very incomplete diet though, no veggies or multiple fat/protein sources.

Wasteland
There are various diets used by competitive bodybuilders which manipulate and lower carb intakes.

Fleadom4all
09-24-09, 1:26 pm
But if on a keto diet(which I have read up on a little), how does your body survive on no energy source from carbs? Or do they have those 1 day a week cheat days and carb it up?

adidas
09-24-09, 1:31 pm
But if on a keto diet(which I have read up on a little), how does your body survive on no energy source from carbs? Or do they have those 1 day a week cheat days and carb it up?
Read more on it then...cuz even just a little reading should have pointed you at the energy source.

FAT= ENERGY SOURCE

GJN5002
09-24-09, 1:32 pm

your body runs on ketones rather than glycogen. essentially eats its own fat for energy.

adidas
09-24-09, 1:33 pm
your body runs on ketones rather than glycogen. essentially eats its own fat for energy.

this too...

krazyassmexican
09-24-09, 1:35 pm
this is not a keto diet
i dont see any fat sources other than 4table spoons of pb a day

that ammount of fat is superlow

Fleadom4all
09-24-09, 2:05 pm
this is not a keto diet
i dont see any fat sources other than 4table spoons of pb a day

that ammount of fat is superlow

Yea thats what I was thinking, really all i see is pure protein, some pb aint enough is it? Not even any flax or fish oil. Guess, I'll do more homework next time. I usually come to you guys first.

IronWilson
09-24-09, 3:53 pm
This diet, I imagine was probably the last couple of weeks before the contest. This is a very low amount of fat.

Find_The_Will
09-24-09, 4:05 pm
Well keep in mind he is eating 20oz of Tilapia a day, which is loaded with potassium and some fat. Im sure he didnt do this diet for more than 2 weeks at a time. It eventually will slow down your metabolism. If you do this diet 2 weeks on with a Multi like Animal Pak of course, and 2 weeks off, it will work pretty good considering you dont splurge your 2 weeks off.