PDA

View Full Version : Cardio on Keto Cheat Meal Day?

Artem_
09-24-09, 4:32 pm
Should I be doing cardio on cheat meal days on the keto diet?

Is that one meal the thing that boosts the metabolism, or does the fact that it pushes you into a caloric excess for that day?
In that case, why don't we just do a cheat day?

Basically, could someone explain to me why we do the cheat meal on the keto diet?

Thank you,

GJN5002
09-24-09, 4:42 pm
Should I be doing cardio on cheat meal days on the keto diet?

Is that one meal the thing that boosts the metabolism, or does the fact that it pushes you into a caloric excess for that day?
In that case, why don't we just do a cheat day?

Basically, could someone explain to me why we do the cheat meal on the keto diet?

Thank you,

just do your cardio earlier in the day and cheat meal last meal at night. Cheat meal restarts your metabolism. you eat lower cals all week and the body starts to get used to it and slow down the metabolism. you throw a big calorically dense meal in there to confuse it and it thinks it has ample calories so it raises the metabolism back up to burn the calories and by the time its slowing back down you are going to throw another cheat meal at it.

Cheat day is too much and you will get thrown out of ketosis. 1 meal and you can bounce back from it, 1 day of gorging and you will probably take in too many calories to sustain ketosis or get back in it soon after. some dop cheat days but i think it works better it you are bigger with very low bf

just trying to outsmart our bodies survival mechanisms

Artem_
09-24-09, 4:52 pm
just do your cardio earlier in the day and cheat meal last meal at night. Cheat meal restarts your metabolism. you eat lower cals all week and the body starts to get used to it and slow down the metabolism. you throw a big calorically dense meal in there to confuse it and it thinks it has ample calories so it raises the metabolism back up to burn the calories and by the time its slowing back down you are going to throw another cheat meal at it.

Cheat day is too much and you will get thrown out of ketosis. 1 meal and you can bounce back from it, 1 day of gorging and you will probably take in too many calories to sustain ketosis or get back in it soon after. some dop cheat days but i think it works better it you are bigger with very low bf

just trying to outsmart our bodies survival mechanisms

Thanks for the reply.

I don't do cardio in the AM as I wake up at 6 as it is, so I do it after lifting.
I lift, pop a nitro, do cardio, then go home and eat.

So, do cardio every day, even cheat meal days?
will do

krazyassmexican
09-24-09, 11:37 pm
with all due respect man, before doing a keto diet you had to do a lot of homework, which obviously you didnt do

Artem_
09-25-09, 4:11 pm
with all due respect man, before doing a keto diet you had to do a lot of homework, which obviously you didnt do

I was just asking a question, man..
Whatever, the diet is going perfectly.