PDA

View Full Version : Opinion

Shifty
09-25-09, 6:04 am
I am now coming to the end of my 2 cycle of Pak/Stak/Test/Shock/Torent/Uni-Liver/Flex,,,,,,,,,,,,This is one hell of Stak................

I have gained so much from this stak and bulked quiet sweetly.

I am about to start Reg Parks 5x5 and a stak of Pak/M.Stak/Flex/Shock/Torrent after doing Pyramids,Also Uni-Liver after ever meal.The Reason for the 5x5 is i want to change my routine and shock and ripp the muscle more.I will do all set's to failure and progress up in the weight as the weeks pass.

What's the general opinion of the members about 5x5 and my next Stak.

Keep Banging

Shifty

dyskee
09-25-09, 7:47 am
just a quick tip when doing 5X5 u should leave some reps in the tank don't go to faliure

Aggression
09-25-09, 9:04 am
Stack looks good to me. The M-stak/Shock Therapy/Torrent combo is one of my personal favorites.

Littlefry
09-25-09, 4:17 pm
5x5 is one of the best ways to go while bulking. I beleive Reg park does not Pyramid up id weight. If it is your first time using 5x5 I would first run Bill Pearls/Madcows 5x5 intermediate program insteade. Madcows 5x5 allows for a steady progression and utilizes progressive heavy sets rather than Reg Parks 2 warm up sets than 3 sets of 5RM. Below is an example between the two, however I would still opt for madcows 5x5 intermediate linear version to begin with. If you need more info on it hit drop me a PM or a line in my journey and Ill help you set it all up.

Reg Park 5x5 Bench Press
135x5
185x5
225x5
225x5
225x5

Madcows 5x5 Bench Press
135x5
165x5
185x5
205x5
225x5

Littlefry

Shifty
09-26-09, 2:21 am
5x5 is one of the best ways to go while bulking. I beleive Reg park does not Pyramid up id weight. If it is your first time using 5x5 I would first run Bill Pearls/Madcows 5x5 intermediate program insteade. Madcows 5x5 allows for a steady progression and utilizes progressive heavy sets rather than Reg Parks 2 warm up sets than 3 sets of 5RM. Below is an example between the two, however I would still opt for madcows 5x5 intermediate linear version to begin with. If you need more info on it hit drop me a PM or a line in my journey and Ill help you set it all up.

Reg Park 5x5 Bench Press
135x5
185x5
225x5
225x5
225x5

Madcows 5x5 Bench Press
135x5
165x5
185x5
205x5
225x5

Littlefry

LittleFry Thanks for the heads Up on 5x5.

While i was at work Yesterday i came across DoggCrapp workout and that looks pretty cool wot do think about this routine.

Shifty,

violator
09-26-09, 4:49 am
5x5 is great for strength & size....the stack looks good as well.
DO NOT attempt doggcrapp training unless uve really put the effort in and studied the system.... it is very complex & involves the routine being followed to a T...anything else is just horseshit...

if u wanna educate urself about DC, then go to www.intensemuscle.com & read the pound puppy forum & all the stickies before attempting it.

ironshaolin
09-26-09, 8:21 am
dude, it sounds like you need to pick a routine and do it. You're bouncing around too much. First its, reg park's 5x5. Then, wait doggcrapp looks cool. Pick a routine, and hammer the hell out of it for at LEAST 6 months before attempting to switch.

They're both great, but you need to follow them right and work hard. And dyskee's right, don't go to fail in 5x5. I've done a reg park version, where I had 3 days-day 1 deadlift, for 5x5 along with bent over rows, pullups and curls. Day 2 I did Bench press, military press and dips, and day 3 was squats, lunges and leg curls. The main lift was for 5x5, with first 2 being heavier warmups, and the last3 5 reps at the same weight. If I got 5, 5, and 5, I would stop, even if I could get more. Next week, add 5lbs. If I got 5, 5, 4, I kept that weight and tried again the next week. All other moves were done for 4-5 sets of 6-12 reps.

Shifty
09-26-09, 8:40 am
5x5 is great for strength & size....the stack looks good as well.
DO NOT attempt doggcrapp training unless uve really put the effort in and studied the system.... it is very complex & involves the routine being followed to a T...anything else is just horseshit...

if u wanna educate urself about DC, then go to www.intensemuscle.com & read the pound puppy forum & all the stickies before attempting it.

Thanks for the tip off.

Is there any routine that you or anyone can recommend thats on par with DC Training,i completed 10 weeks of No 8 in the Animal List.I am looking for a hard and good failure work out.(If it makes sense)

I have read the article and got the DVD on DC training and it can be mind bending but when you watch listen and read it a couple times and also get your diet 100% it sholud do the Job.

Wot i was thinking was having a go at it for 6 weeks and see wot the results are and if i like it,if not then drop back to 5x5.

Keep Banging.

Shifty
09-26-09, 8:45 am
dude, it sounds like you need to pick a routine and do it. You're bouncing around too much. First its, reg park's 5x5. Then, wait doggcrapp looks cool. Pick a routine, and hammer the hell out of it for at LEAST 6 months before attempting to switch.

They're both great, but you need to follow them right and work hard. And dyskee's right, don't go to fail in 5x5. I've done a reg park version, where I had 3 days-day 1 deadlift, for 5x5 along with bent over rows, pullups and curls. Day 2 I did Bench press, military press and dips, and day 3 was squats, lunges and leg curls. The main lift was for 5x5, with first 2 being heavier warmups, and the last3 5 reps at the same weight. If I got 5, 5, and 5, I would stop, even if I could get more. Next week, add 5lbs. If I got 5, 5, 4, I kept that weight and tried again the next week. All other moves were done for 4-5 sets of 6-12 reps.

I totally agree,i am looking for the right routine.There's so many out there, i train up to 4 times a week and some weeks twice due to work.

Any ideas

violator
09-27-09, 1:19 pm
Shaolin had good advice there....
bro, ur gonna hate DC if ur looking for training to failure & high volume...& ull hate it even more if ur used to volume....
Have a look into Jim Wendlers 5/3/1...u can check out Ironshaolins log for a good example..

Shifty
09-28-09, 4:14 am
Shaolin had good advice there....
bro, ur gonna hate DC if ur looking for training to failure & high volume...& ull hate it even more if ur used to volume....
Have a look into Jim Wendlers 5/3/1...u can check out Ironshaolins log for a good example..

Wot do think of this.

Squat Day

10Min Bike to warm legs Up.
Squat : 4 sets of 10-20 reps/Widow makers
Leg Extensions: 4 sets of 10-30 reps
Calve Rasie On Smith Machine 4 sets of 12 reps
20 Min Cardio Work

Reverse Crunches 4 sets of 12

Bench Press Day

Incline Bench Press 4 Sets of 12 To Failure
Barbell Bench Press: 4 sets of 10-20 reps/Failure
Cable Cross Overs : 4 sets of 8-15 reps
Dumbell Fly's: 3 sets of 12 reps
Push Ups 3 sets of 15 Reps

Close Grip Bench Press 3 Sets of 10Reps
Skullcrusher 2 sets of 10 Reps
Triceps Pushdowns: 4 sets of 10-20 reps

Deadlift Day

Dead lift : 5 Sets of 8-6 Reps Last to Failure
DB/Barbell Bent Over Rows: 4 sets of 15 reps/arm
Seated Pulley Rows 3 sets of 12 Reps
Wide Grip Pulldowns 3 sets of 12 Reps
Back Extension With Ball.

Reverse Crunchs 4 set 12 reps

Military Press Day

Seated Military/Dumbell Press: 3 sets of 10 reps
Standing Military Press 2 set of 12 reps
Upright Rows: 4 sets of 10 reps
Side Laterals: 4 sets of 10-15 reps
EZ Bar front Rows 4 Sets To 8 Reps

Close Grip Chin Ups 4 Sets 10 Reps.
Preacher Curls 3 sets 10 Reps
Hammer Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps

violator
09-28-09, 7:12 am
Wot do think of this.

Squat Day

10Min Bike to warm legs Up.(good idea)
Squat : 2x 10reps then 5/3/3/3
Leg Extensions: 4 sets of 10-30 reps(toss this out & replace with a squat widowmaker of 20 reps on a weight that u can just get this with)
Calve Rasie On Smith Machine 4 sets of 12 reps (thats cool)
20 Min Cardio Work

Reverse Crunches 4 sets of 12(ok)

Bench Press Day

Incline Bench Press 4 Sets of 12 To Failure
Barbell Bench Press: 4 sets of 10-20 reps/Failure(pick either flat or incline but not both, alternate every other week between the 2)
Cable Cross Overs : 4 sets of 8-15 reps(toss this out)
Dumbell Fly's: 3 sets of 12 reps(nothing wrong)
Push Ups 3 sets of 15 Reps(do these before ur bench press, aim to push up hard on the upward movement & get some air, but dont clap..this will help prime ur CNS for a heavy bench)

Close Grip Bench Press 3 Sets of 10Reps (a bit repetitive if uve done bench already, but if u feel good with it, why not...otherwise try some weighted dipsin the same rep range)
Skullcrusher 2 sets of 10 Reps (always a good one, but be careful of tendinitis at ur age...maybe superset dips with pushdowns instead)
Triceps Pushdowns: 4 sets of 10-20 reps(nothing wrong, maybe do a few drop sets here)

Deadlift Day

Dead lift : 5 Sets of 8-6 Reps Last to Failure(aim for a low rep range of 3 rather than 5...)
DB/Barbell Bent Over Rows: 4 sets of 15 reps/arm (use an underhand grip here and go for the chest rather than the belly button as this will activate the rear delts rather than back thickness which uve just murdered with deads)
Seated Pulley Rows 3 sets of 12 Reps(not a bad finisher)
Wide Grip Pulldowns 3 sets of 12 Reps(do these after deads rather than here, this is the mother of all width exercises, if u cant do 12, then divide it up until u hit at least 25 reps...eg 8/7/5/5)
Back Extension With Ball.(i dont do these, or hypers after advice from my chiro...and considering ur age, stop them if u feel even the slightest twing of pain)

Reverse Crunchs 4 set 12 reps

Military Press Day

Seated Military/Dumbell Press: 3 sets of 10 reps(rather work on a lower range for strength & hypertrophy like in the deads)
Standing Military Press 2 set of 12 reps(a bit redundant after the seated press, choose one or the other & alternate weekly)
Upright Rows: 4 sets of 10 reps(once again, considering ur age, throw these out, itll lead to shoulder/rotator cuff issues in the long run)
Side Laterals: 4 sets of 10-15 reps(rather superset something here in the same rep range, like BB raise s/s with side lats to add intensity)
EZ Bar front Rows 4 Sets To 8 Reps(same as upright rows)

Close Grip Chin Ups 4 Sets 10 Reps.(nothing wrong, see the same as wide grip pull ups)
Preacher Curls 3 sets 10 Reps
Hammer Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps(superset these last two)

see my additions in brackets above...where did u get this routine from?

Shifty my brother...considering ur age, im not the one to be talking too... the best advice i can give u is to SPEAK TO BIGANT, hes the motherfuckin man when it comes to training the elderly(haha...just kiddin)..either PM him or ask him in his thread under the "ask the animals" thread...theres many unseen problems u may run into training & id hate to see u injured under my advice(which isnt all that great)...

peace

violator
09-28-09, 7:19 am
Bigants thread: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=8049&page=150

remember, the guy is a pro...so respect his time...
remember to include ur stats, ie. height, weight ,BF...etc
training goals..i.e strength, size etc
diet plan....and ur age...

sweet...

Shifty
09-28-09, 8:48 am
Thanks for help and advice.

I put the routine together by looking and reading on forums and the net and reading stuff on Ainmals Site.

Thanks for the help for breaking it dn for me.