PDA

View Full Version : Olympia standings, call 'em out

cstmgp
09-25-09, 12:15 pm
who do you think is gonna take it home? Top three??
Shaun

InkdMuscle
09-25-09, 12:24 pm
Personal I would like to see Vic Martinez take it. But Branch and Martinez i hope make the top 3. Standings is to hard to list. THere are so many big dawgs that came to play and they look great.

krazyassmexican
09-25-09, 12:50 pm
i got my top seven in my journey but well

1 kai
2 dexter
3 phil
4 jay
5 freeman
6 wolf
7 martinez
8 gustavo
9 branch
10 melvin or silvio

Fury317
09-25-09, 12:54 pm
Its a long shot.....but Ill go with Phil, follwed closely by Vic (if he comes in condition) and Kai. Cutler's era has passed, and Dex looked good based on the lineup of last year. Branch will place higher than usual I think because of what he did at the Arnold. I think the Bid Bad Wolf is gonna be up there too though, Id say 3 or 4. So here's my predictions:

6. Cutler
5. Dex
4. Dennis Wolf
3. Kai
2. Vic
1. Heath

charlievanriper
09-25-09, 1:02 pm
I'm in on that fury, I think your right on the button except I am wavering with Kia over Vic.
Cutler is definately out of the top 5.
So here are mine!

6. Cutler
5. Dex
4. Dennis Wolf
3. Vic
2.Kai
1. Heath

GJN5002
09-25-09, 1:36 pm
What I think the judges will determine
1. kai
2. dex
3. phil
4. wolf
5. victor
6. jay
7. freeman
8. branch
09. melvin
10. silvio

What I would like
1. Wolf - came in flat last year and had some injuries, could be nasty this year
2. phil
3. kai
4. dex
5. vic

NickSP
09-25-09, 3:00 pm
In my dream world, top 5 in any order would be

Dex
Kai
Vic
Wolf
Branch

although most likely Branch and Vic (depending on the leg) won't be that high and Dex/Kai/Heath/Jay is the most probable top 4. I'm pulling for a Kai, Dex, or Vic win

Muscleguy93
09-25-09, 3:04 pm
1. Phil heath
2. Vic Martinez
3. Kai green
4. wolf
5. cutler

RK
09-25-09, 6:51 pm
This is an EXTREMELY hard Olympia to call. There is just an overwhelming amount of talent that is going to step on the stage. I honestly could not make a top 5 or even 10. BUT i think Jay Cutler is really gonna shock some people this year...i mean this is a bias opinion cause im a big fan, however from what ive seen and read he really did some dramatic changes this year and is looking to leave his mark on bodybuilding. can only wait and see though!

Flash419
09-25-09, 9:58 pm
1) Heath
2) Jackson
3) Cutler
4) Martinez
5) Wolf

Alk
09-26-09, 1:05 am
Phil Heath is looking sick atm, wouldn't be surprised if he places really high, or wins it

Cstlfx
09-26-09, 1:07 am
Is it just me, or does Ruhl look friggen MASSIVE on the stage?

J Wong
09-26-09, 1:18 am
Is it just me, or does Ruhl look friggen MASSIVE on the stage?

It's not just you. His lat spread was crazy.

dedsqtbnch
09-26-09, 2:12 am
go j i think hes put on a lot of muscle and may take it back this year followed by ky dex phil bald white guy lol brain fart oh branch and vic

dedsqtbnch
09-26-09, 2:13 am
1) Heath
2) Jackson
3) Cutler
4) Martinez
5) Wolf

wolf ant lookin to good

J-Dawg
09-26-09, 3:05 am
From what I saw at the prejudging, I would have 'em as follows--

1) Cutler
2) Jackson
3) Heath
4) Greene
5) Warren
6) Victor

Wolf won't be top 6, his condition was way off.

InkdMuscle
09-26-09, 3:20 am

1) Cutler
2) Jackson
3) Heath
4) Greene
5) Warren
6) Victor

as long as cutler beats jackson thats a good day in my book. =D

Ozzy27
09-26-09, 6:48 am
With no big changes, Jay is gonna take it home

krazyassmexican
09-26-09, 8:15 am
if everything goes as it is supposed, dexter is 2 times mr olympia, i am so dissapointed with this years olympia, last year everyone was off, and this year? no difference

Flash419
09-26-09, 8:28 am

1) Cutler
2) Jackson
3) Heath
4) Greene
5) Warren
6) Victor

I agree with this... Wolf wont even make top 10. BIG SURPRISE!

if everything goes as it is supposed, dexter is 2 times mr olympia, i am so dissapointed with this years olympia, last year everyone was off, and this year? no difference

Not sure who your talking about there. Jay was best I think he has ever been, Jackson was good as he always is. Kai and Victor were holding water, but getting better from call out to call out. Branch was a big improvement, and alot of the guys who are normally not even Top 10 were ON. Wolf was off, and looks like he is out of even the top 10. Even Ruhl.. had his conditioning on.. and just as big and freaky as always.

krazyassmexican
09-26-09, 9:10 am
wolf is gonna fire chad and toney is gonna pull out a BSA and call dave and ask him to take him back

krazyassmexican
09-26-09, 9:17 am
I agree with this... Wolf wont even make top 10. BIG SURPRISE!

Not sure who your talking about there. Jay was best I think he has ever been, Jackson was good as he always is. Kai and Victor were holding water, but getting better from call out to call out. Branch was a big improvement, and alot of the guys who are normally not even Top 10 were ON. Wolf was off, and looks like he is out of even the top 10. Even Ruhl.. had his conditioning on.. and just as big and freaky as always.

you are just looking at the top 5, but the olympia has more than 5 contenders, this was kai's show to lose and he did, jay's gut still reminds me to never abuse carbs in my life again, silvio was out of shape, victor had no legs, dexter? i give it to dexter he looked his best ever, toney was off, ruhl was off from the middle back, etc etc the only impressive pysiques were branch and dexter, by the way kai's haircut is UGLY, and i am in love with betty adkins, i wanna marry her

Ragnar13
09-26-09, 9:28 am
jay's gut still reminds me to never abuse carbs in my life again

And yet somehow, he is considered one of the top bodybuilders in the world. Massive, check. Sick legs, check. Big bloated belly, check. He is impressive, but just not what I think of when you think Mr. O.

I would like to see Heath, Dex, or Vic somehow pull it off. But I think Jay might make history and regain.

Fury317
09-26-09, 10:29 am
Fuck I havent looked at any vids cause my computer is a piece and it would take forever, but I trust you guys (JDawg and Flash). I sure hope Jay doesnt get it. Nothing against the guy, just really HATE HATE HATE those mass monster. Ruhl needs to be gone, glad Ronnie is gone, Jay needs to retire, and Vic and Kai are pushing it. Where has the tight waistline gone? The aesthetics of the sport?

Man I hope Heath takes it

J-Dawg
09-26-09, 10:30 am
In the end, it's such a subjective sport to begin with, so who knows who the political minds of the sport want to win...

Fury317
09-26-09, 10:33 am
In the end, it's such a subjective sport to begin with, so who knows who the political minds of the sport want to win...

Real good point. I just want Phil's reign to begin....until Evan steps on stage of course hahaha

NickSP
09-26-09, 12:09 pm

This, my guess is Jay will get the win and Heath will be 3, but I'm really hoping for a Dex win and Branch/Kai to be above Phil (although Jay and Phil do look great I'll admit, and I'm not even a big fan of em). I really wanted Vic to come in good but his legs just aren't there, so I'm looking for Rockel to grab that 6th spot.

Ragnar13
09-26-09, 1:13 pm
I am sick of the guts and the "get mass at the cost of ruining a physique". Right on the money about not knowing what the judges are looking for....BUT I must have read about 8-9 different articles about no one ever regaining an Olympia after losing and Jay could be the first....so do they want to make history or do they want the best to win?

Anyway, Rockel is one of my all time favorites that never gets any credit. Would be fantastic to see him place high.

dedsqtbnch
09-26-09, 3:54 pm
I am sick of the guts and the "get mass at the cost of ruining a physique". Right on the money about not knowing what the judges are looking for....BUT I must have read about 8-9 different articles about no one ever regaining an Olympia after losing and Jay could be the first....so do they want to make history or do they want the best to win?

Anyway, Rockel is one of my all time favorites that never gets any credit. Would be fantastic to see him place high.

yea rockel is fucking cool as shit and it ant his falt he is as big as he is well i little but not every ones body is the same and his body has just grown and grown and that takes a lot of time thats for shore i think he looks great and should place in the right spot genetics are a bitch lol

noend
09-26-09, 4:17 pm
jay,dex, kai, phil, branch

Ragnar13
09-26-09, 10:48 pm
Just saw Branch's individual routine and the man is freaking in condition. I don't think he has ever looked better. He deserves top 5.

dedsqtbnch
09-26-09, 11:19 pm
Just saw Branch's individual routine and the man is freaking in condition. I don't think he has ever looked better. He deserves top 5.

agree

NickSP
09-27-09, 1:01 am
TOP 6

6 Victor
5 Heath
4 Kai
3 Dexter
2 Branch
1 Jay

Cstlfx
09-27-09, 1:02 am
Holy crap. What an outcome.

RK
09-27-09, 1:12 am
jay and branch deserved this! they both brought there A game and just brought out the best they have EVER been on stage. Congrats to everyone, this was really an incredible Mr. O

dedsqtbnch
09-27-09, 1:15 am
jay and branch deserved this! they both brought there A game and just brought out the best they have EVER been on stage. Congrats to everyone, this was really an incredible Mr. O

agree even though i didnt think branch was gonna get 2nd

i hope we will see some animal pros on stage soon

Maccabee
09-27-09, 1:34 am
BRANCH WARREN! 2nd place HELL YEAH!!

I wish he would of won. That guy works his ass off.

karthik
09-27-09, 1:47 am
Fuck I havent looked at any vids cause my computer is a piece and it would take forever, but I trust you guys (JDawg and Flash). I sure hope Jay doesnt get it. Nothing against the guy, just really HATE HATE HATE those mass monster. Ruhl needs to be gone, glad Ronnie is gone, Jay needs to retire, and Vic and Kai are pushing it. Where has the tight waistline gone? The aesthetics of the sport?

Man I hope Heath takes it

You may be glad Ronnie is gone, but you are definitely the minority. Ronnie Coleman is so popular outside the sport of bodybuilding its not even funny, his youtube videos alone get 4 million views plus. You tell me any other bodybuilder out there today who is as popular as RONNIE COLEMAN! Ronnie is a household name because of his charisma, character, and style that is often imitated but never duplicated, when people outside of the sport who don't even follow it talk about how great Coleman is, you know he made his mark on the sport, no other bodybuilder came on talk shows in Brazil, Poland, Kuwait, to name a few countries. When he left, the popularity of bodybuilding dwindled significantly. Too bad none of these new bodybuilders are no where near as popular as Ronnie Coleman. Simply put whether you like it or not, Ronnie Coleman is to bodybuilding as Tupac Shakur is to rap music, and he is a living legend.

Soldier
09-27-09, 10:11 am
Wow, what a story for Branch Warren; he looked fantastic out there. Congrats to Cutler for taking it home again.

J Wong
09-27-09, 10:13 am
Dexter Jackson should have gotten 2nd imo, he doesn't seem to have the size as Jay and others, but he was the most impressive guy to me conditioning wise. I'm happy for Jay, he basically played the Rocky Balboa in the Olympia this year, so many people were counting him out and he came back an won. Next year I would like to see Victor, Phil, or Kai take it.

Big C
09-27-09, 10:45 am
Jay and Branch are a couple outstanding ambassadors for this sport.....I'm pumped for both that they got 1, 2 respectively. Jay proved all the doubters/haters wrong.

Now Dex on the other hand.....not a big fan.....he has no sportsmanship. Would not even shake Branch's hand after...

dedsqtbnch
09-27-09, 10:49 am
if j comes back like that again with even a little more % better than this year i would still count him in the top 2 i think that the size is an issue and dex will have to come up with somin big to come back but i dont think its gonna happen

next year will prob be j if as good as this year phil than vic thats my predictions but i dont know how kai will show up ither if he comes good he will have vic but i dont think phil

and it will be nice to see how branch will be also i think next year will be the badest one yet somany hungry pros out there right now

noend
09-27-09, 11:05 am
Wow, branch looked great last night... Glad to see he took 2nd

prafull
09-27-09, 11:45 am
You may be glad Ronnie is gone, but you are definitely the minority. Ronnie Coleman is so popular outside the sport of bodybuilding its not even funny, his youtube videos alone get 4 million views plus. You tell me any other bodybuilder out there today who is as popular as RONNIE COLEMAN! Ronnie is a household name because of his charisma, character, and style that is often imitated but never duplicated, when people outside of the sport who don't even follow it talk about how great Coleman is, you know he made his mark on the sport, no other bodybuilder came on talk shows in Brazil, Poland, Kuwait, to name a few countries. When he left, the popularity of bodybuilding dwindled significantly. Too bad none of these new bodybuilders are no where near as popular as Ronnie Coleman. Simply put whether you like it or not, Ronnie Coleman is to bodybuilding as Tupac Shakur is to rap music, and he is a living legend.

Well said bro.

Fury317
09-27-09, 11:56 am

I am fully aware I am the minority...for the time being. I feel more and more people are getting sick of the bloated, sagging gut that Jay displayed in SOME shots. Granted he looked good, I still want those blocky waist lines off stage. And as far as Ronnie goes, I respect everything he has acomplished. I never said there was more popular bodybuilder than Ronnie, although NO ONE, EVEN RONNIE, WILL EVER TOP ARNOLD. I All I was stating is that Im glad he's gone and I hope he doesnt come out of retirement. And I disagree that BB is dwindling, bodybuilding is still growing in popularity all over the world. For fucks sake, look at last night for example! The young ones will have their time, and there are some (Heath and Kai IMO) that COULD grow to the status of Coleman.

All that aside, the top 6 was pretty shocking, not going to lie. Not many thought Jay could pull it off. Cant wait for next year.

mahscles
09-27-09, 12:09 pm
as long as cutler beats jackson thats a good day in my book. =D

same here haha

dedsqtbnch
09-27-09, 1:36 pm
I am fully aware I am the minority...for the time being. I feel more and more people are getting sick of the bloated, sagging gut that Jay displayed in SOME shots. Granted he looked good, I still want those blocky waist lines off stage. And as far as Ronnie goes, I respect everything he has acomplished. I never said there was more popular bodybuilder than Ronnie, although NO ONE, EVEN RONNIE, WILL EVER TOP ARNOLD. I All I was stating is that Im glad he's gone and I hope he doesnt come out of retirement. And I disagree that BB is dwindling, bodybuilding is still growing in popularity all over the world. For fucks sake, look at last night for example! The young ones will have their time, and there are some (Heath and Kai IMO) that COULD grow to the status of Coleman.

All that aside, the top 6 was pretty shocking, not going to lie. Not many thought Jay could pull it off. Cant wait for next year.

thats for real about arnold he set the bar so high for bodybuilding. than for any other thing he did, he will always be the best. but with that said the size of him would prob not even make it to the top these days. not that todays bodybuilders look better cause i dont think they do. but the era has changed and its monsters now. arnold would have had to put on a lot more weight and thats were a bigger waistline would come in for him making him not arnold anymore but thats just what would happen these days. i think thats whats gonna happen i mean could you see the size of j with a waist like dex or arnold he would look stupid and would loose do to the size of everything else. i like that the sizes and shapes have changed and that yea there will be bigger stomachs that have to come along with that.

like i said the era is over for arnolds look we should look back on that like the gods of the sport who started it all. these days there are monsters that just work for them in there shadows. soon there will be a 320pound man on stage ripped and we cant say anything about it, it just is.

futurefreak101
09-27-09, 2:31 pm
im VERY glad jay won...he does ALOT for the sport of bodybuilding..all his youtube vids..his dvds..his clothing company..hes just a all around good guy and is really Into what he does..he looked great..and he deserved it...im glad branch got 2nd also..another great guy in the sport of bodybuilding..known for his hardcore training...im not really a fan of dex or some of these other guys..there arrogant..have no personality...then they win an award and just dissapear...people want a champion who is involved in what he does..jay fits and plays the role perfect..hes taken ronnie colemans place..for now..im assuming the next big thing is kai greene..with his awesome posing..and wacky personality.

karthik
09-27-09, 3:28 pm

Yeah i agree for sure that Arnold is the greatest bodybuilder ever, and has accomplished more than any other bodybuilder in history, with that said, i too wish that Dexter Jackson would do more for the sport of bodybuilding as a Mr. Olympia rather than just hide, then show up for the Olympia, Jay just imo isn't as ripped as his competitors. He is huge and has a six pack and decent amount of defintion, but certain areas especially his arms, and back, are just big, with no crisp definition and detail. Also, Jay's personality and charisma is very dull and he puts people to sleep when he does commercials or training videos.
So many people around the world would say catchphrases like "lightweight baby", or "ain't nothing but a peanut", and so on, the bodybuilders of today just need to show more exposure on t.v. and other things like talk shows, so forth, rather than hide and be as dull and boring as a rock.

You won't believe how many people who don't follow the sport outside the gym, or gym rats still think Ronnie Coleman is Mr. Olympia!!!! It's crazy!

Madcat
09-27-09, 9:37 pm
Wow, I gotta give Branch some serious props. He looked incredible. Normally Im not a fan of his, but wow, dude came and brought it.

I can not wait for OX to be there next year.

Big C
09-27-09, 10:32 pm
This.

Cstlfx
09-28-09, 1:51 am
If Ox comes in as good, if not better then, as he did at the NY Pro, I see him being a good competitor to keep everyone on their toes. If people show up like they did this year, Ox will be ranking high.

I couldnt believe how Branch came in this year, just plain crazy. I was happy to see Ruhl back up there as well. I think he's one cool guy, he's just doing it for plain fun right now. Jay really turned it around. I for one didnt think he could do it, but he kicked his ass into high gear for this one. Poor performance by Wolf, anyone know what was going on with him? Did he just screw up his diet? Or did he get sick/injured close to the show?

Madcat
09-28-09, 7:16 am
Funny I was thinking the same thing about Wolf. In MD this month his trainer was saying it would be the best package of Wolf ever.... Hm, it was his worst placing(if we can call it that), yet. And Im a big Wolf fan so I was disappointed to see that.

What was up with Jay's left upper pec though? Look at BB.coms site and you ll see in the front page pic on the Olympia page that it looks severly deformed compared to his right....??? Most muscular/crab pose made it clearly visable.

Again though, Branch came in shredded and just sick.

InkdMuscle
09-28-09, 11:27 am
Wow, I gotta give Branch some serious props. He looked incredible. Normally Im not a fan of his, but wow, dude came and brought it.

I have been a big branch fan ever since i started in the Iron game. and let me tell you this dude brought it this year. From prejudging to the final show his condition was spot on. and he looked amazing. Jay looked awesome as well. Im glad he was able to rip the the title back form Jackson.

Even at our ABC branch was there doing a photoshoot for his sponsor. and he looked massive and great.

dedsqtbnch
09-28-09, 2:27 pm
Funny I was thinking the same thing about Wolf. In MD this month his trainer was saying it would be the best package of Wolf ever.... Hm, it was his worst placing(if we can call it that), yet. And Im a big Wolf fan so I was disappointed to see that.

What was up with Jay's left upper pec though? Look at BB.coms site and you ll see in the front page pic on the Olympia page that it looks severly deformed compared to his right....??? Most muscular/crab pose made it clearly visable.

Again though, Branch came in shredded and just sick.

it was the pose. the way he flexed it only tensed up that pec on his right side he was focusing on his bi

karthik
01-23-11, 6:56 am
maybe i am biased about Coleman because i trained with him and got to know him at the Ronnie Coleman workout weekend, and his training partners and Coleman respected me as a FRIEND, something i don't see too many other egotistical pro bodybuilders do. But just the way he can relate to the working person out there who WORK REAL JOBS for a living is unbelievable, I have a friend who is a NAVY SEAL team six FOR REAL, who said he was inspired by Ronnie Coleman to train with weights in the gym (and here i thought one of the most bad ass professions in the world, a NAVY SEAL, would never be inspired by anyone, but here you got a NAVY SEAL inspired by Ronnie Coleman) and I had a friend who ran marathons who changed sports and ventured into track and field and trained hard because he was inspired by Coleman, that's the kind of stuff i'm talking about, Ronnie Coleman's ability to inspire people comes from the fact that HE IS TOO REAL AND A GENUINELY TOUGH PERSON, and not fake and full of fluff who puts on a face on the camera that he is tough. just from what i've seen at the Arnold Classic meeting the bodybuilders out there, Jay Cutler can't relate to the blue collar working person with a family and casual non-bodybuilding fans, the way RONNIE COLEMAN CAN! something the sport of bodybuilding needs to PAY A LOT OF ATTENTION TO if they want to make a lot of big bucks.