PDA

View Full Version : injury

Oceanic6
09-27-09, 10:34 am
Hey Guys,

Have any of you gone to a chiropractor? I was thinking of going to one, but not sure if I should wait until my rest week. Do they tell you not to train for a few days after a session?

Also has anyone ever had this injury? It has happened to me a few times over the years and every time i never saw a doctor, just waited it out and put heat on it. Usually takes a week or 2 to go away completely. Of course I did not train during this time either.

When doing shoulder presses, shrugs and the last time I was actually doing incline presses, i would feel a sharp pain in my neck (kinda where it meets my trap) and at that point i would stop training. it would take an hour or so to reach the full pain level. I wouldn't be able to move my head side to side or up and down.

I always thought this was a back injury, because it would go from the right side of my neck down into the right side of my back (not far, maybe a few inches) and sometimes i could feel it moving to my arm.

Anyway, I think it is more a neck injury initially and whatever i am injuring is connected to that part of my back. Not sure if it is a muscle or bone or disk or what that I am pulling.

I am fine now again, back to lifting full force...but if i hang my head down I can feel the tightness of where the injury is.

I was thinking of seeing a chiropractor as I said and maybe even a acupuncturist. Has anyone ever gone to either of these?

RK
09-27-09, 11:12 am
I am a BIG fan of chiropractors and i know TimK13 swears by them too. By not going into too much detail TimK was in a horrible car accident that really screwed up his neck, this lead to the "pins and needles" and numbness feeling going down his arm. After seeing a chiro regularly it is SIGNIFICANTLY better and barely ever happens. They never asked either of us to stop training around an appointment before or after. personally i try and go on an off day just to let it hold its position. Now the big thing with this is finding a GOOD chiro that will understand and correct your problems properly. All you can do is go and see what they say. Best of luck

RK

Oceanic6
09-27-09, 3:42 pm
hey thanks a lot, RK. It looks like you are from philly as well. can you recommend any good chiropractors?

RK
09-27-09, 4:40 pm
sent you a PM let me know what you think

violator
09-28-09, 4:50 am
I wouldnt be the same without my chiro!
so beneficial, not only to specific problem areas like ur neck...but soooo good for the CNS as well....

man, ur gonna love ur first adjustment...ahhhh...memories..haha...

u dont haveta wait till a rest week...just get it done, then take the next day off & u should be fine...a bit sore & tender the day afterward, but this is eclipsed by the relief ull feel in ur neck....utterly unbelievable...

machineman
09-28-09, 5:02 am
gotta agree with the guys above....I had an issue with the neck as well....combination of lifting and Jujitsu.....first chiro apptment was wonderful....pain was gone....I have been starting to get the same thing again, so it is time to get back into the chiro office and get sorted out again....best of luck, bro.....

BigAnt
09-28-09, 7:21 am
Sounds like some cervical issues...maybe go to a Orthopedic first for a xray-films and see what they say..Chiros are good, I see one on a regular time schedule...You gotta be careful with this problem...please get it checked out!

Any other injuries to that area/shoulders prior?

What part of Philly are you from?

You gonna make it to the Philly ABC on 10-10 in South Philly/BodyWorld?

Oceanic6
09-29-09, 12:10 am
thanks a lot guys for all the info.

Sounds like some cervical issues...maybe go to a Orthopedic first for a xray-films and see what they say..Chiros are good, I see one on a regular time schedule...You gotta be careful with this problem...please get it checked out!

Any other injuries to that area/shoulders prior?

What part of Philly are you from?

You gonna make it to the Philly ABC on 10-10 in South Philly/BodyWorld?

No injury prior. I have had this same injury about 3 times in the past 5 or so years. I workout at bodyworld actually. 10-10 it;s going to be?

Oceanic6
09-29-09, 1:00 am
actually I have a wedding that day. Hopefully I'll just have to go to the reception and not the Mass and this way I can make it. If not I'll catch it next time around.