PDA

View Full Version : Lifting to Tone Assistance

c0reyf
09-28-09, 10:39 am
I've lifted weights off and on for many years and never seem to get where I want to be. I used to lift heavy for size which was fine but honestly I don't want to be any bigger (6'2" and 230lbs). This place is a great source for information so I thought I'd ask the crew here for a little help. I have my own free weight gym and am happy with my lifting/diet routine.

I haven't worked out in over 6 months now and want to start back up because I feel so much better working out. I only want to use lifting to tone my muscles and use my diet to burn off the fat. I love the cardio but I'm not sure how you can lift for tone and strength so that you don't swell up too much. I understand I'll gain some muscle and that's fine. I just want to tone the muscle I have and shed the fat.

Anybody have any recommendations to accomplish this? I look on the net and people say "just do more reps with less weight". Is this really the correct way to go about what I want to accomplish? Is there a formula like X reps at X% of your max that anybody is aware of. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BubbyLight
09-28-09, 1:09 pm
hey bro welcome to the FORVM. you will find a lot of great information all throughout this site. now what you wanna do is not gain muscle but not get fat. i mean if u diet is in check and you just lift weights. you should be fine. now what we could do here is check out what you are doing now and what your diet is like and then go from there.