PDA

View Full Version : The Cage 2010 at the Arnold Classic

Universal Rep
09-29-09, 10:28 am
Well, Olympia is done. Now time to focus our collective attention on the Arnold and The Cage. Fellas, what would you like to see Corporate change this year? What did you like best last year and what could use improvement? Speak up.

GJN5002
09-29-09, 10:33 am
Only thing I would like to change is my attendance. Planning in advance this year.

Universal Rep
09-29-09, 10:34 am
Only thing I would like to change is my attendance. Planning in advance this year.

Nice... You post a lot here. Now it's time to take it to the next level. You're in for a real treat. Anyone care to fill him in???

Mr. Dead
09-29-09, 10:39 am
I'm not sure... This will be my first Cage experience...

Fury317
09-29-09, 10:42 am
Nice... You post a lot here. Now it's time to take it to the next level. You're in for a real treat. Anyone care to fill him in???

So many thoughts....cant....put....into....words hahaha

UREP IM PSYCHED FOR THE ARNOLD!!!! I was jsut talking to my buddy who was in Vegas for the O and we're already planning the weekend. THE CAGE 2010 BABY!!!!!!

B Con
09-29-09, 10:46 am
I'd like to see this one guy that was there last year...

He was a pretty big dude and was very cool to speak too....

He was also VERY helpful and definitely represented Animal well...

What was his name....

Oh yeah...

It was....

B CON!

Mr. Dead
09-29-09, 10:50 am
I'd like to see this one guy that wasn't there last year...

He is a pretty big dude and iss very cool to speak too....

He is also VERY helpful and definitely represents Animal well...

What was his name....

Oh yeah...

It was....

Mr. Dead!

*Fixed...* *LOL*

Kon_Rock
09-29-09, 10:58 am
Yeah The Cage talk begins.

I would say, a bigger section. Its kinda tight in there most of the time. Plus it'll give more space for events and expand the box (I think ya'll should keep the box!)

Awesome LE Stuff!!!

firsthorseman97
09-29-09, 12:12 pm
Definitely keep the box! I spent most of my time in there.

Ok, heres a thought.... set up some flat screen TVs running the vids off the Animal Youtube page.

B Con
09-29-09, 12:14 pm
Definitely keep B CON! He was a GREAT addition and lives the ANIMAL lifestyle!

Thanks for the support Ryan!

firsthorseman97
09-29-09, 12:15 pm
Thanks for the support Ryan!

Thanks for the edit I completely forgot about you. Which guy were you anyways? LMAO!

rev8ball
09-29-09, 12:15 pm
Well, Olympia is done. Now time to focus our collective attention on the Arnold and The Cage. Fellas, what would you like to see Corporate change this year? What did you like best last year and what could use improvement? Speak up.

Just bought my airline tickets.....seriously!

Universal Rep
09-29-09, 12:46 pm
Just bought my airline tickets.....seriously!

I... believe it.

Arnold is gonna be bigger than ever.

Bigger box for the loyal FORVM members. Maybe figure out a way to have a camera and put it up for those who can't make it...

Kon_Rock
09-29-09, 12:57 pm
I... believe it.

Bigger box for the loyal FORVM members. Maybe figure out a way to have a camera and put it up for those who can't make it...

Bigger box...awesome! Any thoughts on the theme yet?

B Con
09-29-09, 1:06 pm
You might as well put a grill in the box.... Get the beef flying.... it gets HUNGRY in there.

Beowulf
09-29-09, 1:06 pm
Haven't been to the cage in a long while but I remember a few years back they were giving out tats. They should bring that back in the cage.

J-Dawg
09-29-09, 1:09 pm
In to check out everyone's feedback.

Mr. Dead
09-29-09, 1:11 pm
You might as well put a grill in the box.... Get the beef flying.... it gets HUNGRY in there.

*LOL* Didn't someone do that last year...??? (Actually a great idea... Unless it's a pain in the butt to get a food handler's permit for over there...)

rev8ball
09-29-09, 1:15 pm
I... believe it.

I just happen to check on them to see when they'd be available, and they are soooo freakin' cheap, I just had to jump on it!

Maybe hook up a web cam for live streaming video?

And if a grill somehow makes it in there, I am on it!!!!

firsthorseman97
09-29-09, 1:18 pm
*LOL* Didn't someone do that last year...??? (Actually a great idea... Unless it's a pain in the butt to get a food handler's permit for over there...)

He didn't bring in a grill but he had already had them grilled up. Just slapped them on a bun and ate up. His name is Shaun and his forvm name is "cstmgp". Those burgers were damn good!

krazyassmexican
09-29-09, 2:32 pm

x2

The Freak
09-29-09, 2:37 pm
def bring back pro's vs. bros! with it beign months away, we could have a selection process as to who goes against who...
i dont think rage wants a piece of me again or does he? will he call me out hmm? g diesel- does he want revenge on big al? hmmm anyone care to call out vinnie the lip? come on guys , put uo or shut up.. theres plenty of time to prepare and be a big part of the arnold classic weekend...
oh yes and a few requests... get me a massage table and let me fix some of these people ... send them home healthy and fit to kick ass.. i know natural guy, wrath and vinnie would want it ...
another request, BRING BACK THE JERSEYS! THOSE WERE BADASS....!

Mr. Dead
09-29-09, 2:39 pm
def bring back pro's vs. joes! with it beign months away, we could have a selection process as to who goes against who...
i dont think rage wants a piece of me again or does he? will he call me out hmm? g diesel- does he want revenge on big al? hmmm anyone care to call out vinnie the lip? come on guys , put uo or shut up.. theres plenty of time to prepare and be a big part of the arnold classic weekend...
oh yes and a few requests... get me a massage table and let me fix some of these people ... send them home healthy and fit to kick ass.. i know natural guy, wrath and vinnie would want it ...

x2!!!

Brutus_515
09-29-09, 2:48 pm
I already have everything booked for myself and my family really looking forward to it. I will be 8 weeks or so out of a show so "i will be in the fucking zone but I wouldnt miss it for the world. looking forward to the ABC..

As for changes... did a black out, a sea of yellow how about a white out. everything else was cool last year maybe alittle more space if it is at all possible the little area that was roped off was cool with the supps and microwave but it took up alot of space for the average guy to come in and check it out, really not anyones fault but the expo has grown so much it is very cramped. but one plus would be dont sell out of everything the first day haha

InkdMuscle
09-29-09, 3:03 pm
honestly a bigger spot. the cage was cool but because ANIMAL was limited with the size the "box" was small. and when the big events were going on with the bro's vs. pro's it was cramped and everyone trying to snap pics was hard. So i would go with a bigger area if at all possible. and please keep the usage of intra-aid and eaa stack and all those goodies avail to the vip animals like the last year.

also bring a lot more gear. luckily i was there the first day of the expo. but 90% of the gear got sold out the first day. so a lot of animals missed out on sat. other then that im going again this year.

Firefist
09-29-09, 3:13 pm
i remember some of yall were throwin the "hell in a cell" red iconic idea out there last year....

....and if you guys would do another black with red writing shirt as a cage promo, no one would be safe until i got one.

shortstack
09-29-09, 3:34 pm
def bring back pro's vs. joes! with it beign months away, we could have a selection process as to who goes against who...

X3 on getting him a table. Some of us guys driving 10 hrs to get there could use a nice tune up before driving out again.

Cool as hell that Freak is offering.

Shortstack

Fury317
09-29-09, 3:48 pm

Haha Freak, I was helping out working The Box and I saw you working on naturalguy and Big Byrd. Damn if you got a table set up Id be first in line, with a pocket full of 50's!!!! lol

But I would like to see Pros vs Bros again. That was fun.

Beach91
09-29-09, 3:50 pm
Yep, yellow s been done, blacks been done, now its time for a slayer type theme "reign in blood" all red, LE red hats, zip up hoodies shirts, u can really push the new cuts formula there. Just a few ideas, i will post up tonnes more in the next little while.

flyin back today from Vegas, and the ABC was a blast, just athought, how about doing 2 ABCs?, or settin up a tonne of free weight in a small cage section and having animals who are goin to be there register ahead of time, and actually train right on the spot, with an animal or universal pro or rep, right there on the spot?

B Con
09-29-09, 4:04 pm
In for Freak's massage table!

Definitely some new LE "lids" as G would call 'em... can't have enough right?

Big C just told me he was ready to defend his title any time hahaha

Big C
09-29-09, 4:19 pm
Man here we go again........it's about my favorite time of the year.

Above with what Shaffer said...is there any way to make the Cage take up more space to fit more people or are we only allowed a certain amount of space?

With what B Con said..........YES.

InkdMuscle
09-29-09, 4:30 pm
im in for freaks table. I need him to hook my shoulder up. and the red is a good color theme.

Universal Rep
09-29-09, 4:35 pm
And the 2010 Cage theme is ________________________________.

Aggression
09-29-09, 4:36 pm
He didn't bring in a grill but he had already had them grilled up. Just slapped them on a bun and ate up. His name is Shaun and his forvm name is "cstmgp". Those burgers were damn good!

Hell yeah they were clutch as hell. I'm definitely pumped up for this Arnold. 6 months ..

Big C
09-29-09, 4:39 pm
And it's not "my title" bro........it's unified right now. Remember the other big guy who won on Saturday? Like the idea of some LE's too. More t-shirts/hats never hurt.

In for Freak's massage table!

Definitely some new LE "lids" as G would call 'em... can't have enough right?

Big C just told me he was ready to defend his title any time hahaha

Sgt Rock
09-29-09, 5:10 pm
I have said it a hundred times. The Arnold is my personal superbowl. It is more important than the world championships, think about that. For those that read POWERLIFTING USA this months issue page 38 has my story. My mom died suddenly a few weeks ago and before she did, we talked about the worlds and the Cage. I told her I was going to win worlds again, take my world record back,then take that momentum to the Cage and put on a show NEVER SEEN. With mom as my angel nothing has changed guys! I will have logs and vids to detail my trek. This is as real as it gets. See you in the Cage. IT IS AN, HONOR TO BE A PRO ATHLETE REPRESENTING MY TRUE LIFESTYLE.ARE YOU READY? I CANNOT HEAR YOU?!!

Semper Fi

krazyassmexican
09-29-09, 5:11 pm
i am going against sgt rock for the 800lbs deadlift (determined ass face)

IN MY DREAMS, IN MY DREAMS

Sgt Rock
09-29-09, 5:15 pm
One suggestion. IF POSSIBLE. Have some
high quality vids, for sale if need be. To capture all PL seminars and all BB seminars, and otgwt highlights. It would save time piecing them together.

Semper Fi

U Mad Brah?
09-29-09, 5:22 pm

You clever brahs had black out and reign of yellow ithink these past year. how about teh white out or reign of blood (red) brahs?

Refuge
09-29-09, 7:02 pm
I'm feelin the white out.

LittleMan55
09-29-09, 7:16 pm

I'm with Shaffer on the White out... Make everything LE white and do it big! Nah FUCK big lets do it Animal and do it HUGE!

We could theme something off red too... Hell we treat the FORVM as a family and last time I checked we all bleed red. Something along those lines if we don't go with the white out.

I like the LE lids and all the gear.... please bring a lot!

The box was cool. It was great to have all the supps there and handy for FORVM members.

Pros vs. Joes need to be there again.

I like where the Iron Animal is going, and think we should push that hard.

Since you guys did Dog Tags at The O is there anyway we could get something customizable on the spot similar to this at The Cage.

Madcat
09-29-09, 9:50 pm
I'd say the only thing would be a bigger box, as the forvm grows, the box does too lol.

But for real, Im taking the Friday before off for sure this year. No more of this Saturday afternoon, Sunday all day bullshit.

ABCs everything, not missing a moment this year. Hell, I'd practically camp in the cage if I was allowed, overnight style.

Firefist
09-29-09, 10:29 pm
I'd say the only thing would be a bigger box, as the forvm grows, the box does too lol.

But for real, Im taking the Friday before off for sure this year. No more of this Saturday afternoon, Sunday all day bullshit.

ABCs everything, not missing a moment this year. Hell, I'd practically camp in the cage if I was allowed, overnight style.

you know it bro, if i could just sleepingbag that shit, i would. itd save me a few bucks as well hah.

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
09-29-09, 10:38 pm
New and improved jerseys.

Sgt Rock
09-29-09, 11:51 pm
DITTO ON THE WHITE OUT. WHITE JERSEY AND CAP WITH BLACK LETTERING! THAT will set us apart further. Great idea. I also think red with gold lettering ROCKS!!!

SEMPER FI

Brutus_515
09-30-09, 9:24 am
DITTO ON THE WHITE OUT. WHITE JERSEY AND CAP WITH BLACK LETTERING! THAT will set us apart further. Great idea. I also think red with gold lettering ROCKS!!!

SEMPER FI

why the red and gold devil dog? haha

LittleMan55
09-30-09, 9:28 am

SEMPER FI

Red and Gold would work!

Still in for White Out!!!

Wasteland
09-30-09, 9:32 am
Bigger booth, more events, more athletes, more limited edition gear. How's that?

C.Coronato
09-30-09, 9:42 am
Now thats planning! Lots of ideas stirring around .. more pros joes, or even joes vs joes .. some guys on the FORVM calling each other out .. I loved every minute of last year, i thought the set up was great. The box for the VIPs. The seminars, ect. Good stuff. Maybe a bigger box would be a plus.

LittleMan55
09-30-09, 9:56 am
Bigger booth, more events, more athletes, more limited edition gear. How's that?

You suggesting that corporate pitch it to the people at the Arnold to give us half of The Expo space to have The Cage?

I like that!

Wasteland
09-30-09, 9:58 am
You suggesting that corporate pitch it to the people at the Arnold to give us half of The Expo space to have The Cage?

I like that!

Why yes. Yes I am, lol.

Big C
09-30-09, 10:03 am
Bigger is better. Can't argue with any of this.

Flash419
09-30-09, 10:11 am
This will be my 5th Arnold and 5th trip to the Cage. It just keeps getting better. Every year.

I'm digging the Whiteout idea... White shirt.. with an oversized A across the back, and the various slogans across the chest.

Definately keep the Box, and if possible make it a bit bigger. The supps, water, and microwave were a BIG help last year. Especially on Saturday when the expo was sooo packed. Pros and Joes was a big hit, and should definately be continued. Also, the Workout with a Pro was a great idea and should definately be expanded if possible.

I also agree that there needs to be more supps and more gear available. Lots of guys complaining about things being sold out. You know this stuff is going to go... so, why miss the chance to sell twice as much? Just an idea but if space is an issue for storage, how about using all the lockers to store extra stuff? Stuff the full, and slide one of those bars throught the locks and a padlock on the end. Might free up some space in the back to allow the Cage and the Box a little more room.

Also.. keep the volunteer idea from last year. It was cool that members of the Forum got to be personaly involved, and also worked out for cheap labor for Animal.

See everyone there!

Brutus_515
09-30-09, 10:18 am
This will be my 5th Arnold and 5th trip to the Cage. It just keeps getting better. Every year.

I'm digging the Whiteout idea... White shirt.. with an oversized A across the back, and the various slogans across the chest.

Definately keep the Box, and if possible make it a bit bigger. The supps, water, and microwave were a BIG help last year. Especially on Saturday when the expo was sooo packed. Pros and Joes was a big hit, and should definately be continued. Also, the Workout with a Pro was a great idea and should definately be expanded if possible.

I also agree that there needs to be more supps and more gear available. Lots of guys complaining about things being sold out. You know this stuff is going to go... so, why miss the chance to sell twice as much? Just an idea but if space is an issue for storage, how about using all the lockers to store extra stuff? Stuff the full, and slide one of those bars throught the locks and a padlock on the end. Might free up some space in the back to allow the Cage and the Box a little more room.

Also.. keep the volunteer idea from last year. It was cool that members of the Forum got to be personaly involved, and also worked out for cheap labor for Animal.

See everyone there!

YEah dude the lockers are a great idea!

I had the oppurtunity to help out last year had a blast i wish i could do more sunday was pretty chill wish there was more i could of done helping wise.

mritter3
09-30-09, 11:28 am

now thats a solid idea.

mritter3
09-30-09, 11:29 am

SEMPER FI

that is a solid ass look, im def. down with the whiteout.

Beach91
09-30-09, 11:40 am
Yep a few more ideas, i liked seeing the volunteer idea, i think forvm members would kill to help out in the cage, and a bbq would be off the chains.

Just a thought, with the Breach happening, if you dont do a red theme with the re-release of cuts, How about setting up a large booth based on the cellar the guy is working out in in the Breach ads? Have the whole booth setup as if it were that guys basement, and the LE gear could be white n black to accompany it, like the white out ideas everyone is coming up with.

Or, go with a cartoon skit setup on the walls and and new LE gear with all the Breach stuff, and really blast the new promo into the supplement community, along with hats that have the cartoon storyboard on em in black and white, and several new legacy t's with all of the old ads, starting with the cardio sucks ad etc, as i have the adds saved in a scrapbook but on Ts they d be monsterous

Mr. Dead
09-30-09, 3:26 pm
Lots of great ideas floatin' around in here!!!

HIGA MONSTER
09-30-09, 10:38 pm
Mr Dead,
I priced flights yesterday from Seattle, on United Airlines. It was $220 roundtrip. FYI.

This will be my first Arnold Classic. Looking forward to it!

HIGA MONSTER.

Mr. Dead
10-01-09, 3:28 pm
Mr Dead,
I priced flights yesterday from Seattle, on United Airlines. It was $220 roundtrip. FYI.

This will be my first Arnold Classic. Looking forward to it!

HIGA MONSTER.

Awesome!!! Many thanks for that info!!!

BBWifey
10-01-09, 7:22 pm
I'm totally diggin the whiteout... and yes more gear.. I'm a little upset that I didn't get a hat from the compound, so gear it up big time... This will be mine and the husband's first Arnold.. we're already planning hotel, tickets, and shippin the kids off! Can't wait to get there!

Sgt Rock
10-01-09, 7:43 pm
Leather you got me! But how cool is RED AND GOLD.LETS PUSH IT

SEMPER FI

why the red and gold devil dog? haha

Sgt Rock
10-01-09, 7:49 pm
How about an 800 plus deadlift, no straps? Followed by 600lb stiff legs no belt and 455 rows strapless? What do YOU want to see?

Semper Fi

norrim1
10-01-09, 7:58 pm
How about an 800 plus deadlift, no straps? Followed by 600lb stiff legs no belt and 455 rows strapless? What do YOU want to see?

Semper Fi

Awesome! How about some rack pulls?

Firefist
10-01-09, 8:29 pm

Semper Fi

800 plus?!?!?!?!?!? GETCHA FUCKIN CAMERAS READY!!!!!!

Vinny G
10-01-09, 10:19 pm

BACK IN BLACK

Little Z
10-02-09, 12:01 am
BACK IN BLACK

Im with Vinny on this.. lol

black really shows off my figure.. hah

LittleMan55
10-02-09, 6:23 am
Black Out was kick ass last year, but everyone expects black from Animal. Look at the vids and everything else. There is an infinite amount of black. If we go all white it will be so out of the box it will draw even more people to The Cage. It'd be like bugs to a light!

shortstack
10-02-09, 9:52 am
I like both SGT Rocks idea of Red and Gold or Vinny's "back in black". I have one animal shirt that's white that I never wear because it's white and I know I'll get it dirty or ruined one way or another.

Whites cool but we'll look like a freakin HUGE choir. lol

Just my .02.

Shortstack

Monika33
10-02-09, 10:49 am
I cant wait, the CAGE is were I am gonna be hangin! YAHOOO for the ABC in Columbus again, that was the best! Will there be any women competitions, also any women cut shirts?

Universal Rep
10-02-09, 11:19 am
I cant wait, the CAGE is were I am gonna be hangin! YAHOOO for the ABC in Columbus again, that was the best! Will there be any women competitions, also any women cut shirts?

I think in the past, there was some limited gear for the ladies... Just not sure for '10...

Universal Rep
10-02-09, 11:19 am
BACK IN BLACK

YO TO CAMO

ghost
10-02-09, 11:20 am
URep, you know i'll be there again next year workin.

Universal Rep
10-02-09, 11:22 am
URep, you know i'll be there again next year workin.

Yeah, we gotta revive that Animal Internship Program for The Cage... Is there an interest for 2010? Speak up...

What'd we have, 6 interns last year?

McFly
10-02-09, 11:26 am
"Back in Black" just has that ring to it!!

charlievanriper
10-02-09, 11:28 am
Stick with Black Brothers its us.

In my overly Arrogant, self Manical, Inflated Super Egotistical, Self Absorbed Love me or hate me dont give a shit what you think get moving or get the F*** out of the way not so humble Opinion

charlievanriper
10-02-09, 11:29 am
Yeah, we gotta revive that Animal Internship Program for The Cage... Is there an interest for 2010? Speak up...

That would be an awesome program

ghost
10-02-09, 11:30 am

yeah, we had 2 per day... i think it was 7 actually. i know i ended up working 2 of the days,

Beowulf
10-02-09, 11:32 am
These interns paid or unpaid? Either way, cool idea.

ghost
10-02-09, 11:35 am
These interns paid or unpaid? Either way, cool idea.
unpaid.

Beowulf
10-02-09, 11:36 am
unpaid.

So it was for the honor? I'm guessing quite a few wanted to sign up for this, either way.

ghost
10-02-09, 11:38 am
So it was for the honor? I'm guessing quite a few wanted to sign up for this, either way.

there were quite a few entries for this one.
and yeah, it was for the Honor. and having worked the past 2 now, it is quite an honor to be there working.

Mr. Dead
10-02-09, 11:45 am
there were quite a few entries for this one.
and yeah, it was for the Honor. and having worked the past 2 now, it is quite an honor to be there working.

I'm hoping to have that honor, this year...

naturalguy
10-02-09, 12:20 pm
I'm hoping to have that honor, this year...

You have to have a plane ticket first

Mr. Dead
10-02-09, 12:22 pm
You have to have a plane ticket first

Been pricing... Looks like $222 round-trip... Next up is the hunt for a room...

ghost
10-02-09, 12:44 pm
Been pricing... Looks like $222 round-trip... Next up is the hunt for a room...

you are more than welcome to crash with us, we do it up on the cheap, haha

Beach91
10-02-09, 12:47 pm
Internship is the way to go! That would be a mindblowin promo

In one of my earlier posts, i suggested setting up the weightlifting room/basement from the breach promo inside the cage, why not do a pros vs. bros in the weightroom from the breach?

McFly
10-02-09, 12:54 pm
Last year was my first time at the AC and the Cage.....nothing short of a experience of a lifetime....2010....is right around the corner....DAMN

B Con
10-02-09, 1:53 pm
I was honored to work the Cage and loved every bit of it. Hoping to do the same this year...

It's definitely an experience that I look forward to every year.

Universal Rep
10-02-09, 2:01 pm
Internship is the way to go! That would be a mindblowin promo

In one of my earlier posts, i suggested setting up the weightlifting room/basement from the breach promo inside the cage, why not do a pros vs. bros in the weightroom from the breach?

I believe the interns were selected from a promo last year...

Fury317
10-02-09, 3:26 pm
I believe the interns were selected from a promo last year...

Yeah they were. I remember becuase I was one of the lucky few chosen to help. I would love to do it again. I got to bounce The Box and loved every second of it. Helped load weight for bench comp too. Man it was too much fun!

If the Crew needs any more hands, Id be more than happy to help, adn Ill be in town seeing as I live in CBus haha.

fatbackgoal
10-02-09, 4:38 pm
Hard to believe it is that time of year again already. If I could add only one thing to the weekend it would be a seminar with Bobby and Kat on powerlifting. I was able to workout with Bobby and chat with Kat and they have a ton of knowledge.

InkdMuscle
10-02-09, 4:52 pm
I forgot who. but someone mentioned a bros vs. bros things. i think that would be awesome!!!

Mr. Dead
10-02-09, 4:55 pm
I forgot who. but someone mentioned a bros vs. bros things. i think that would be awesome!!!

That would be cool... Except for "Bros vs Bros" Hg vs MD Smack-talk-a-thon... *LOL*

Rage
10-02-09, 4:56 pm
By the time I get out there, I'll be 7 weeks or so out from the California, so no Squat till You Drop for me this go around. And if someone does take The Freak on, you better start training now because he is one tough guy to beat. Look forward to seeing everyone.

I would like to see the Pro's .v. Bro's again though. This go around, I would like to see Big C take on HOUSE in a curling contest.

I'd like to see The Cage go red and black this year.

Mr. Dead
10-02-09, 4:58 pm
you are more than welcome to crash with us, we do it up on the cheap, haha

I just may take you up on that...

naturalguy
10-02-09, 5:00 pm
By the time I get out there, I'll be 7 weeks or so out from the California, so no Squat till You Drop for me this go around. And if someone does take The Freak on, you better start training now because he is one tough guy to beat. Look forward to seeing everyone.

I would like to see the Pro's .v. Bro's again though. This go around, I would like to see Big C take on HOUSE in a curling contest.

I'd like to see The Cage go red and black this year.

I spoke to the Enforcer today and he wants to take on The Freak at The Cage. Also when we were at the Europa The Freak called out Steve Kuclo for a squat off at The Cage, maybe we can have a triple header???

Rage
10-02-09, 5:04 pm
I spoke to the Enforcer today and he wants to take on The Freak at The Cage. Also when we were at the Europa The Freak called out Steve Kuclo for a squat off at The Cage, maybe we can have a triple header???

That would be awesome NG, make it happen bro.

naturalguy
10-02-09, 5:11 pm
That would be awesome NG, make it happen bro.

That is up to young Kuclo. He is a strong dude though, The Freak should be careful what he wishes for.

Monika33
10-02-09, 5:14 pm

I would love to be an ANIMAL INTERN!!!!!

You should definatly have a woman ANIMAL in there

C.Coronato
10-02-09, 5:15 pm

I was there.. I heard the official call out .. This is going to be serious.

Big C
10-02-09, 7:19 pm
They did one year I think....it was either 05 or 06 because a girl I know from Canton, ohio did it.

I would love to be an ANIMAL INTERN!!!!!

You should definatly have a woman ANIMAL in there

LittleMan55
10-02-09, 7:20 pm
I'm with all my fellow interns in that working The Cage was an honor! It was definitely an experience of a life time and the energy generated from it provided me with the momentum I needed to start my prep. Hell I was so wrapped up in the experience I stayed and helped pack things up after most had left on Sunday.

It would be a privilege to be an intern again this year, if I'm fortunate enough to be selected and if Corporate decides to go the intern route again. I'm always down to help the best damn company in the biz.

Reacher34
10-02-09, 7:44 pm
U Rep I'd like to help out this year as an Animal intern. For the past 4 or 5 years I've come to the classic and I always end up hanging around the cage anyway. That's not gonna change, so I figure, why not help out the company that does so much for us.

Bottom line... you want an intern, I'm in. I'll be there all three days and I'm down to help for at least one, maybe two. I've been waiting for this since last year!

jesse45690
10-02-09, 9:23 pm
yea URep I'll be there all three days. I'm an advocate to Animal. I live just south of Columbus so getting there wont be a problem. If help is needed I'd be more then willing. It would be a privilege.

The Freak
10-02-09, 11:19 pm
im all for a squat off with enforcer or big steve.. but hmm... with all the shit going on in the country, im wondering if we could do a little charity at the same time?u got 3 big animal freaks, hmmm 3 of us do ''X'' amount of reps as a team? maybe do same thing with bench / curls... say the 3 to 5 of us go for 500 reps total...3 or 400 on bar.. and we just keep altermnating out til we get 500 reps..get friends / companies to sponsor us? a penny a rep up to a dollar a rep... u know this would be a true test of blood and guts..
just an idea, but maybe puts a spin on the pros vs. joes.. more of a team effort to help a cause of the ''ANIMAL'' COMP. choice.. it'll get more guys involved and build more comdradery among our animal family...

BigDubbDiesel
10-02-09, 11:39 pm
i went to the cage at the 2008 classic and it was fucking ridiculous. I had bever been to ohio and it was a memorable time for sure. I'll be headin back next year, 2010 with some of the FL boys to come represent.

Firefist
10-02-09, 11:42 pm
im all for a squat off with enforcer or big steve.. but hmm... with all the shit going on in the country, im wondering if we could do a little charity at the same time?u got 3 big animal freaks, hmmm 3 of us do ''X'' amount of reps as a team? maybe do same thing with bench / curls... say the 3 to 5 of us go for 500 reps total...3 or 400 on bar.. and we just keep altermnating out til we get 500 reps..get friends / companies to sponsor us? a penny a rep up to a dollar a rep... u know this would be a true test of blood and guts..
just an idea, but maybe puts a spin on the pros vs. joes.. more of a team effort to help a cause of the ''ANIMAL'' COMP. choice.. it'll get more guys involved and build more comdradery among our animal family...

both ideas are sick. love the team thing.....

ive seen vids of freak squat and ive seen vids of kluco squat.....both are just rediculous.

Reacher34
10-03-09, 12:49 am

I love the idea, Freak. It would be a great gesture to show that the bodybuilding community (and Animal in particular) can contribute to a worthwhile cause. Maybe a small step toward showing people that not all bodybuilders are selfish and uncaring.

fatbackgoal
10-03-09, 9:13 am

This is a great idea. And to take it a step further maybe we could challenge all of the ABC's to have a liftoff day where they get donations on how much weight they can lift. Maybe go for max lift days and donate per pound. Or you could have the lifts at the national ABC at the Arnold. If you do it at the local ABC then that would at least give someone the opportunity who could not make it the feeling of taking part in the Arnold.

Fury317
10-03-09, 9:58 am

I really really like this idea. Most of us are live a nice life- were able to consistently eat 6 times a day and have a roof over our head etc. I think this idea would be great. Im sure many many Animals on here could afford a penny a rep. For fucks sake thats 5 dollars! Think of how much money we could raise for an organization in need. Not to mention a combined total of 500 reps with 315 on the bar would be nasty! Just keep rotating like you said....get the puke bucket ready!!!!!

LittleMan55
10-03-09, 1:01 pm

This is one of the best ideas I've read!

Good shit Freak!

HIGA MONSTER
10-04-09, 1:16 am

Now this, is an awesome idea.
I would totally be down to participate guys. Just let me know!

Squat for charity...way killer idea.

HIGA MONSTER.

Beach91
10-04-09, 8:52 pm
Oh boy, i just had a little idea to build off the charity idea, What if the Cage was a continuation of the compound, with a full military setup, fake guns, tanks, bullet chains, sandbag pits etc.

I think Animal missed the boat a little at the compound, the ltd ed hats were sick, but they coulda used a ltd ed green iconic, and green animal fidel cadet hats like the blackout hats at the cage. The Ts the guys were wearing were killer though!!!

Along with a bigger military theme, Do a pros vs bros or bros vs. bros while lifting military setups like bars loaded with sandbags, dips with chains of shells around guys necks etc., and have guys collect sponsorship for the reps with proceeds going towards supporting the military in the States.

my two pennies,

Big Wides
10-04-09, 8:57 pm
I like the color idea Sgt. Rock had, that would be bad ass

I did enjoy the Pros vs. Joes and a possible idea going with The Freak's team approach is have two joes go up against two pros, highest total of weight lifted "wins" for that event. But the charity idea is great, speaks to the true meaning of giving back, which is overlooked by a lot of different comapanies

sanga
10-05-09, 8:37 am
The Cage was the best stand last yaer by FAR!!!!

I loved it, I like the idea of some screens, maybe showing whats going on inside the cage if possible, the screens would be up high so people could see them as sometimes you just can`t get near the cage (Ok I was lucky as I had a VIP pass and was in the box most of the time) at times as people gather round to watch the events.

I`m pretty sure I won`t be able to make it as we have a wedding to sort out for daughter in Cyprus which will cost a bomb! Have to wait and see.

I`d keep the barrels and the stand the same, its hardcore and says it all.

I agree with the charity idea, thats a great idea.

B Con
10-05-09, 10:08 am
I'm ready for the CAGE

J-Dawg
10-05-09, 10:10 am
Some great ideas in here. Who knows what The Cage will have in store for 2010...

Hoomgar
10-05-09, 2:42 pm

Man I'm game for whatever they whip up U. I am pushing hard to get there this year.

Mr. Dead
10-05-09, 5:29 pm
Man I'm game for whatever they whip up U. I am pushing hard to get there this year.

Now that would be awesome!!!

Little Z
10-05-09, 5:41 pm

I wanna see both of you there! Give me a shout if you need a ride from the airport lol..

Hoomgar
10-06-09, 10:43 am

I wanna see both of you there! Give me a shout if you need a ride from the airport lol..

I told my wife last night, I'm going this year. We'll let it brew a little while and see what develops. Plans are to be there.

ghost
10-06-09, 10:50 am
I told my wife last night, I'm going this year. We'll let it brew a little while and see what develops. Plans are to be there.

my wife knew coming in to the relationship that i was going no matter what. haha

naturalguy
10-06-09, 11:05 am
my wife knew coming in to the relationship that i was going no matter what. haha

Ha, keep yo pimp hand strong

Mr. Dead
10-06-09, 11:07 am

Yet another sign of the Apocalypse... Hg and me goin' to the Cage... *LOL*

LittleMan55
10-06-09, 11:27 am

I'm breaking Big Byrds rule and bringing my fiance this year. She has been begging to go since last year and love the atmosphere at my show. She already knows several FORVM members... So my guess is she will have a blast!

Hoomgar
10-06-09, 2:49 pm
I'm breaking Big Byrds rule and bringing my fiance this year. She has been begging to go since last year and love the atmosphere at my show. She already knows several FORVM members... So my guess is she will have a blast!

Just keep your eyes at or above shoulder level when ever she is with you bro and no one gets hurt... Ha ha!

Hoomgar
10-06-09, 2:50 pm
Yet another sign of the Apocalypse... Hg and me goin' to the Cage... *LOL*

The real question is, is the cage ready?

Mr. Dead
10-06-09, 3:35 pm
The real question is, is NG ready?

For us...??? I don't think so... He'll need a few bottles of tylenol, and some psychotherapy after that... *LOL*

Hoomgar
10-06-09, 3:39 pm
For us...??? I don't think so... He'll need a few bottles of tylenol, and some psychotherapy after that... *LOL*

More fun than a monkey with a loaded gun bro.

Mr. Dead
10-06-09, 3:43 pm
What time/day to people usually get there... And, what time do people usually head back home...???

LittleMan55
10-06-09, 3:50 pm
What time/day to people usually get there... And, what time do people usually head back home...???

People arrive anywhere from Thrusday evening to Sunday morning and leave at any time in between. Thats the beauty of it being 3 days long.

I was there open to close last year. I will probably be there Thr. evening - Sunday afternoon this year. Not 100% on that yet though.

Little Z
10-06-09, 5:25 pm

You didnt get that memo?..

Once you show up for the Arnold.. you cant leave..

ever.. lol

BigAnt
10-06-09, 8:36 pm
We had "The Sea of Yellow" and "Black Out"

Both very very VERY cool!

I would like to see.... I N F R A R E D

Red is one of the primary colors!

Infrared is not seen by the naked eye...just like our training...we all have a vision what are goals are, sometimes these goals can get blurry and not be seen, so we gotta heat things up with even more energy, anger and passion (all asscoacited with the color red)

The pain we torture ourselves with...the love/hate realtionship is ongoing....Every workout we have, we try to force more blood into our bodies with one more struggling rep!
More red themes there!

Red shirts are hot (no pun intended) and I am sure they will stand out and sell out as well!

Let's paint the town/Columbus R E D !

Firefist
10-06-09, 8:37 pm
We had "The Sea of Yellow" and "Black Out"

Both very very VERY cool!

Infrared is not seen by the naked eye...just like our training...we all have a vision what are goals are, sometimes these goals can get blurry and not be seen, so we gotta heat things up with even more energy, anger and passion (all asscoacited with the color red)

The pain we torture ourselves with...the love/hate realtionship is ongoing....Every workout we have, we try to force more blood into our bodies with one more struggling rep!
More red themes there!

Red shirts are hot (no pun intended) and I am sure they will stand out and sell out as well!

once again....im pushing for a black shirt with red writing....infrared would be awesome, got my vote!

Big C
10-06-09, 8:39 pm
I'm really feelin what Big Ant just said......that gets my vote.

Definately will need a new Animal red T though since the red iconics were kind of 08.

Firefist
10-06-09, 8:53 pm
I'm really feelin what Big Ant just said......that gets my vote.

Definately will need a new Animal red T though since the red iconics were kind of 08.

hold the presses! we got a fashion guru in the house! haha jk.

BigAnt
10-06-09, 9:15 pm
hold the presses! we got a fashion guru in the house! haha jk.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I always "coordinate" my OUTFITS...Hahahahaha

Seriously, I like the color red and it goes with what I wrote...At The Arnold...there are tons of colors...mainly black and other bright colors...but the theme behind the red...stands out and also kinda keeps us in some perspective in-line with our troops who serve-serving time for us...

The Real Animals!

Beach91
10-06-09, 9:32 pm
Hey Guys,

does the cage open up on thursday?

Red would be killer Big Ant, i said it earlier, reign in blood, your infra red anology is killer,

so many ideas, might have to do 3-4 different cages, a different cage everyday!

BigAnt
10-06-09, 9:34 pm
Hey Guys,

does the cage open up on thursday?

Red would be killer Big Ant, i said it earlier, reign in blood, your infra red anology is killer,

so many ideas, might have to do 3-4 different cages, a different cage everyday!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expo opens Friday morning.....

Did you book your hotel or get your transporation yet?

Beach91
10-06-09, 9:39 pm
Not yet, not sure if i can afford to make it, Comin up from Canada, my girlfriend has friends near columbus so we might stay with them, its just figuring out the cheapest way to get there

i am dying to go, went to the olympia this year, and all everyone said, and even on this board is you must make the arnold, u must make the cage,
and i am dyin to go, even if it were just for one or two days

BigAnt
10-06-09, 9:48 pm
Not yet, not sure if i can afford to make it, Comin up from Canada, my girlfriend has friends near columbus so we might stay with them, its just figuring out the cheapest way to get there

i am dying to go, went to the olympia this year, and all everyone said, and even on this board is you must make the arnold, u must make the cage,
and i am dyin to go, even if it were just for one or two days

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The O is great, but the Arnold weekend is the best...Expo is crazy crazy...and The Cage is the hottest spot in town to be...other vendors have gates-lines-booths that you have to WAIT to see your favorite Bodybuilder-Pro...The Cage you can walk right in and talk shop with them, have pics taken with them, grab an autograph...VERY COOL!

Hope you can make it, if you can, we will grab a workout together and food...what we do all weekend at night! LOL

Saturday is the BUSIEST day of the expo...very very VERY crowded....if you see something you like on Friday...buy it, most likely if you wait until Sunday...it will be sold out!

And the Columbus ABC...on Saturday night..We have the enire gym to ourselves, just ABC people...COOL!

Little Z
10-06-09, 9:57 pm
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The O is great, but the Arnold weekend is the best...Expo is crazy crazy...and The Cage is the hottest spot in town to be...other vendors have gates-lines-booths that you have to WAIT to see your favorite Bodybuilder-Pro...The Cage you can walk right in and talk shop with them, have pics taken with them, grab an autograph...VERY COOL!

Hope you can make it, if you can, we will grab a workout together and food...what we do all weekend at night! LOL

Saturday is the BUSIEST day of the expo...very very VERY crowded....if you see something you like on Friday...buy it, most likely if you wait until Sunday...it will be sold out!

And the Columbus ABC...on Saturday night..We have the enire gym to ourselves, just ABC people...COOL!

BigAnt nailed it on if you see something you like, grab it.. hell things were sold out this year early Saturday.. didnt even make it to Sunday..

Definitely one of the greatest events you will ever experience if you make it..

BTW... I dig Ant's Idea for the theme.. as long as we are able to get 3-4XL's..

deanna7272
10-07-09, 10:06 am
Yep... Getting a little antsy...

B Con
10-07-09, 10:11 am
As each day passes I get more and more hype for the Arnold.

Beach91
10-07-09, 10:35 am
Yep me too, i had friends from my city who have gone to both the O and the Arnold and they said the Arnold expo blows it away.

thanks for all the advice n help BigAnt, if i make it there i will definitely try to snap some stuff up on friday

Hoomgar
10-07-09, 12:17 pm
What about bookin rooms awhile for a first timer? Any advice? Info?

naturalguy
10-07-09, 12:34 pm

Best advice is you should have booked it already, no joking. Hotel rooms close to the venue book up fast.

Last year we had some rooms blocked off, not sure if or how many we will have this year.

Universal Rep
10-07-09, 12:42 pm
Best advice is you should have booked it already, no joking. Hotel rooms close to the venue book up fast.

Last year we had some rooms blocked off, not sure if or how many we will have this year.

Yo NG, I talked to someone at Corporate about doing this again. With any luck...

Hoomgar
10-07-09, 1:26 pm

Well then I better get on it.

Yo NG, I talked to someone at Corporate about doing this again. With any luck...

Let us know what they say U-rep. Much appreciated bro.

Hg

deanna7272
10-07-09, 1:35 pm

Best advice is book early... Rates are up there for that weekend, and if something better comes along, you can always cancel... I have the info on the hotel that we booked last year... They gave me the same rate as 2009, maybe it still stands..

Mr. Aestheticz
10-07-09, 1:36 pm
def bring back pro's vs. bros! with it beign months away, we could have a selection process as to who goes against who...

I HAVE BEEN POSTING ABOUT IT IN MY JOURNEY I WANT IN!!!!

DEADLIFTS!!!

I AM LOVING THE INFARED IDEA!!!!

some guys on the FORVM calling each other out

LIKE WHO?!?!?

NOT ME >)

...EHH HEMM DEAD LIFTS!!

Last year was my first time at the AC and the Cage.....nothing short of a experience of a lifetime....2010....is right around the corner....DAMN

YEZIR!

YOU ME BROS VS BROS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Hoomgar
10-07-09, 1:46 pm
Best advice is book early... Rates are up there for that weekend, and if something better comes along, you can always cancel... I have the info on the hotel that we booked last year... They gave me the same rate as 2009, maybe it still stands..

Thanks for the tip Dee. How close to the expo was that?

Beach91
10-07-09, 1:48 pm
And How much a nite, if u dont mind.

deanna7272
10-07-09, 2:27 pm
Thanks for the tip Dee. How close to the expo was that?

It was like a mile and a half...

And How much a nite, if u dont mind.

$150.00 a night... I have heard of people paying MUCH more for MUCH farther away... They offered the same price upon check out if you booked, so I jumped on it. I just figure if a better opportunity arises, I can cancel..

firsthorseman97
10-07-09, 2:46 pm
As far as seminars go, maybe you could have one of the pros do one on posing.

OklahomaMuscle
10-07-09, 2:53 pm

Looks like I need to get on it... and recommendations from those that have been before would be greatly appreciated. This will be my first trip up... I can't miss the CAGE this year...

Mr. Dead
10-07-09, 3:00 pm
Definitely excited to see what they come up with, this year!!!

Hoomgar
10-07-09, 3:34 pm
As far as seminars go, maybe you could have one of the pros do one on posing.

x2 this. I never imagined posing to be such a challenge until learning it myself. It's an Art form for sure.

Hoomgar
10-09-09, 2:53 pm
OK room is booked. I guess I should snap up some tickets awhile right? Any tips for a first timer?

Also, who is going to the finals at the classic?

Hg

B Con
10-09-09, 2:55 pm
OK room is booked. I guess I should snap up some tickets awhile right? Any tips for a first timer?

Hg

I'm actually debating on going to the finals...

I'm booking my room NOW as well.

First timer tips:
-Don't drink all the samples you see around or you will spend all your time in the bathroom.
-Wear boots as the mens bathroom ALWAYS floods and its nasty as hell...
-Buy or bring a big bag to carry your food and whatever goodies you get in.
-Get your LE items EARLY or you may not have a chance to get 'em...

Razor
10-09-09, 3:03 pm

Damn that sounds amazing....if i could afford it and wasn't planning a wedding (hahaha) i'd do it for sure!

Hoomgar
10-09-09, 3:25 pm
I'm actually debating on going to the finals...

I'm booking my room NOW as well.

First timer tips:
-Don't drink all the samples you see around or you will spend all your time in the bathroom.
-Wear boots as the mens bathroom ALWAYS floods and its nasty as hell...
-Buy or bring a big bag to carry your food and whatever goodies you get in.
-Get your LE items EARLY or you may not have a chance to get 'em...

Good tips Burt. Thanks.

Little Z
10-09-09, 3:36 pm

Hg

ill keep you and your room safe at night..

tip = cheapest you can find.. lol..

Firefist
10-09-09, 3:59 pm
just a little tip for those who are lookin for a room, there is a double tree down the street from the convention center, along the river. if youve never been to a double tree, you get two double beds in one room, and a foldout couch in the living room, theres also plenty of space on the floor as well, so if a few of you guys want to save some money, you could all pitch in and pay almost nothing. We got 12 people in a room once, and there were no complaints. throwin it out there.... rooms aint that expensive to start with either.

Hoomgar
10-09-09, 4:45 pm
ill keep you and your room safe at night..

tip = cheapest you can find.. lol..

Man, room with security, can't beat that!

Sgt Rock
10-15-09, 1:25 am
LOL...I just NOW caught that bro! Does that mean your attending so I can give you some one on one advice and keep ya on the straight and narrow....the Rock way?

Semper Fi

i am going against sgt rock for the 800lbs deadlift (determined ass face)

IN MY DREAMS, IN MY DREAMS

Ragnar13
10-15-09, 5:37 pm
The hotel room is booked and it is only like a 5 hour drive from Chicago to Columbus. I am so pumped up for this. Holiday Inn Downtown had a good military discount....just saying from my fellow Brothers in Arms!!

1) BigAnt's "Infared" idea is sweet. Loved the explanation.

2) Since I am in the military, I do like the para-military theme the compound had. Only concern is that since imitation is the sincerist form of flattery, how many of the "competitors" will take the army theme and do some kinda cheap knock-off? But hell, if Animal keeps the military theme, at least I already got some duds to blend in!!!!

3) Would like to help out if I am allowed. I am bringing the wife and can send her out on her own to scavenge and do the hunter/gatherer thing while I support corparate.

4). As chessy as it sounds, I don't know what I am more excited about, the Expo and the Cage, or finally meeting some of the key forvm members. It will be an honor to shake hands with my brothers (and a few sisters) that have provided me some great advice, direction, and tons of motivation these last two years!

Later...

Ragnar

Mr. Dead
10-15-09, 5:38 pm
4). As chessy as it sounds, I don't know what I am more excited about, the Expo and the Cage, or finally meeting some of the key forvm members. It will be an honor to shake hands with my brothers (and a few sisters) that have provided me some great advice, direction, and tons of motivation these last two years!

Later...

Ragnar

Uhm... How is that cheesey...??? It's one of the things I'm truly looking forward to... So, we're in the same cheese boat, then... *LOL*

Ragnar13
10-16-09, 4:37 pm
Uhm... How is that cheesey...??? It's one of the things I'm truly looking forward to... So, we're in the same cheese boat, then... *LOL*

Yeah, cheesy might have been wrong. Just didn't want to sound all sappy. But gertting a chance to go face to face and maybe even train with some guys here is priceless.

Umm cheese boat......I am 30 minutes from the Wisconsin border......ummm cheese.

Little Z
10-16-09, 11:50 pm
Umm cheese boat......I am 30 minutes from the Wisconsin border......ummm cheese.

Bring me some Cheese and Ill train with you all weekend, and shake your hand.. HAHA

Jon_Blaze
10-19-09, 6:26 am
I got nothing but jealousy for you guys that are able to go to the Cage. I just started getting into the Animal and I used to live in Cincinnati so I had many opportunities wasted and missed because I wasn't at the correct mindset in those days...wish I was back there now.

GUNS
10-23-09, 6:04 am
If you only had one day to go, which day would it be?

GUNS
10-23-09, 6:09 am
The hotel room is booked and it is only like a 5 hour drive from

2) Since I am in the military, I do like the para-military theme the compound had. Only concern is that since imitation is the sincerist form of flattery, how many of the "competitors" will take the army theme and do some kinda cheap knock-off? But hell, if Animal keeps the military theme, at least I already got some duds to blend in!!!!
Ragnar

Ok my Idea on this! Have the Animal Logo on the shirt, then under it have one name of each service. So it would Say, ANIMAL NAVY, ANIMAL MARINES, ANIMAL ARMY, ANIMAL AIR FORCE, ANIMAL COAST GUARD. Or put one on front and one on back. Would be an awesome shirt!

fatbackgoal
10-23-09, 7:10 am

I would say Saturday. The most is going on that day but it is also the busiest of the three days.

McFly
10-23-09, 8:40 am

I haven't booked anything yet but I would like to go to the show this year. Never seen a pro show before....

Hoomgar
10-23-09, 10:08 am
I haven't booked anything yet but I would like to go to the show this year. Never seen a pro show before....

Likewise...

GUNS
10-23-09, 10:55 am
I would say Saturday. The most is going on that day but it is also the busiest of the three days.

My brother in law lives 1 1/2 hours away so my wife is all for it. Stay at his house and drive in on Sat for a full day. I should be able to make it if all goes well. Looking forward to seeing this. I have been interested for the last couple of years. Awesome!

B Con
10-23-09, 11:04 am
Likewise...

I'm actually gonna check it out this time around. Should be a damn good show.

deanna7272
10-23-09, 11:12 am

Saturday is crazy, but that's when most of the Pros are going through ("OURS" are there all the time, so that's a bonus!!!) This past year, the other days seemed just as busy...lol It's the longest day, the busiest day, and it's the ABC day, so... MY SUGGESTION... Anyday you can get there, get there...

fatbackgoal
10-23-09, 11:39 am
Does anyone know if they plan on having another UFC card during the same weekend again?

BamBam
10-24-09, 6:45 pm

Lifting Competitions.... More of em'! Those got everyone stoked! But seriously, dont change a damn thing!!!

Little Z
10-24-09, 7:06 pm
Does anyone know if they plan on having another UFC card during the same weekend again?

More than likely.. schedule doesnt go that far in advance.. but thats been the norm for the UFC during the Arnold Sports Festival weekend..

10-24-09, 7:48 pm

Pose down? There are a lot of FORVM members switchin into contest mode.

Beach91
10-24-09, 9:58 pm
Pose down would be good, how about Posing clinics, and show prep clinics

Razor
10-26-09, 5:07 pm
5 hr drive??? hmmm now i'm contemplating....

Firefist
10-26-09, 6:41 pm
5 hr drive??? hmmm now i'm contemplating....

CHICAGO?!?!?!? DEFINITELY WORTH THE DRIVE HERE MAN!!!!

B Con
10-26-09, 7:16 pm
Pose down would be good, how about Posing clinics, and show prep clinics

I actually like this idea a lot. More seminars on dieting and so forth is always a plus.

Monika33
10-26-09, 7:51 pm
When will the decision be made for who is going to help with the cage?

BigAnt
10-26-09, 7:51 pm
A cool new idea would be...if we have someone going into explanation of certain exercises...Examaple>+: Biceps, telling about different biceps exercises and have maybe Evan flexing showing the biceps short and long head...than out of nowhere with loud music in the background comes Big Al and House, and they go into a bicpe posedown with Evan, the crowd votes who is the best, than we pull 3-5 people from the crowd/Forum and they pose down for the bicpes, again, a vote for the winner, and the winner gets a Animal poster/bumper sticker/shirt (a prize pack) and their picture will be taken with the Pro biceps winner. How cool will this be? When The Cage of 2010 is over people go home and see their picture on the Forum winning the posedown stading/flexing with the Pro winner!

We can do this all weekend, different body parts for different days....

Also maybe some ready made to drink samples of Shock Therapy, Storm, Intra-Aid,
Ultra Iso Whey already to serve like in those boxed/chilled mixers vendors use....

B Con
10-26-09, 9:00 pm
A cool new idea would be...if we have someone going into explanation of certain exercises...Examaple>+: Biceps, telling about different biceps exercises and have maybe Evan flexing showing the biceps short and long head...than out of nowhere with loud music in the background comes Big Al and House, and they go into a bicpe posedown with Evan, the crowd votes who is the best, than we pull 3-5 people from the crowd/Forum and they pose down for the bicpes, again, a vote for the winner, and the winner gets a Animal poster/bumper sticker/shirt (a prize pack) and their picture will be taken with the Pro biceps winner. How cool will this be? When The Cage of 2010 is over people go home and see their picture on the Forum winning the posedown stading/flexing with the Pro winner!

Ultra Iso Whey already to serve like in those boxed/chilled mixers vendors use....

This is awesome....

Looking forward to seeing you again Ant.

LittleMan55
10-26-09, 9:16 pm

This guys is so humble he didn't mention himself in the posedown idea. Won't you be dieting for Nationals at that point? Great idea though. I think you posted this elsewhere too, if not I blame being sick last week.

Can't wait to see you Ant! Legs again at the National ABC?

Jon_Blaze
10-27-09, 3:00 am

Dana said they aren't going to be at the Arnold's this coming year. They wanted to try a different venue out since Columbus is one of the very few places where they do return visits (I think its 1 of the 3-4 places they've returned to outside of Vegas)

xMATT182x
10-27-09, 3:11 am
Do the forum members get any type of special access to the cage? This will be my first year and I can't wait to hang out with the Animal crews from all around.

norrim1
10-27-09, 4:13 am
Do the forum members get any type of special access to the cage? This will be my first year and I can't wait to hang out with the Animal crews from all around.

Yeah, a lot easier access than what you would think. I went out there in 2008 during the "Reign of Yellow" theme and wearing your yellow shirt was pretty much a ticket into the action. The Cage is very unique in that respect. It's cool...it's almost like everyone is part of it. Forvm members were involved in many different things and we had front row seats to all the excitement. The ABC event was unreal. Last year some forvm members even got to be interns in The Cage. Read through some of The Cage sections here on the forvm, it really is just like everyone says. The pros are very approachable, same with everyone else you see posting on here. It's like running into an old friend. You'll have a great time!

GUNS
10-27-09, 7:50 am
It will be my first as well. I assume there will be alot more info on this. Also, do you have to be a part of a local ABC to do the National ABC?

OklahomaMuscle
10-27-09, 1:38 pm
Ok for those who have rooms booked, what hotels still have rooms available near the expo? having no luck finding a room available so far, Trying to make this happen this year but gotta get my ass in gear to find a spot to crash...

Mr. Dead
10-27-09, 1:50 pm
Ok for those who have rooms booked, what hotels still have rooms available near the expo? having no luck finding a room available so far, Trying to make this happen this year but gotta get my ass in gear to find a spot to crash...

x2...

Bullfrog JJR
10-27-09, 2:01 pm

Anything right downtown is going to be either booked or outrageously expensive. Check out the Sheraton website. I know there are a few of their hotels that are a few miles away, so that might be an option.

Razor
10-27-09, 2:04 pm
Yeah, a lot easier access than what you would think. I went out there in 2008 during the "Reign of Yellow" theme and wearing your yellow shirt was pretty much a ticket into the action. The Cage is very unique in that respect. It's cool...it's almost like everyone is part of it. Forvm members were involved in many different things and we had front row seats to all the excitement. The ABC event was unreal. Last year some forvm members even got to be interns in The Cage. Read through some of The Cage sections here on the forvm, it really is just like everyone says. The pros are very approachable, same with everyone else you see posting on here. It's like running into an old friend. You'll have a great time!

Man i really need to hit up this thing....

LittleMan55
10-27-09, 2:30 pm

Last year that The Black out the added "The Box." A section specifically for FORVM members. It had all of the powder supps available, plus you got a mix boy. They had a mini fridge and microwave for the dieters as well. It was watched and you had to have FORVM membership to get in it. Pretty neat way of keeping things solely for the family.

BigAnt
10-27-09, 2:34 pm
This guys is so humble he didn't mention himself in the posedown idea. Won't you be dieting for Nationals at that point? Great idea though. I think you posted this elsewhere too, if not I blame being sick last week.

Can't wait to see you Ant! Legs again at the National ABC?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My diet for Master Nationals starts on Monday---after the Arnold Weekend...

I learned to train kinda lighter-smarter when traveling---a lot of working-not getting much rest-mabe missing a few meals-not 100% hydrated--it happens to the best of the best...

Sure we will train and have fun and it wil be intense, just breaking any power lifting records that weekend! LOL

legs-chest-arms-back-shoulders...what ever you want we will throw down!

B Con
10-27-09, 4:39 pm

I learned to train kinda lighter-smarter when traveling---a lot of working-not getting much rest-mabe missing a few meals-not 100% hydrated--it happens to the best of the best...

Sure we will train and have fun and it wil be intense, just breaking any power lifting records that weekend! LOL

In for ARMS!

Hoomgar
10-27-09, 4:53 pm

In for ARMS!

I'll be where ever there are big guys throwing iron. Whatever you boys train, I'm in.

LittleMan55
10-27-09, 4:55 pm
In for ARMS!

I like the sounds of that... Arms are always fun to train in an ABC setting.

Just saw Hg wants in! We are gonig to have a whole crew.

Hoomgar
10-27-09, 5:00 pm
I like the sounds of that... Arms are always fun to train in an ABC setting.

Just saw Hg wants in! We are gonig to have a whole crew.

Don't go easy on me fellas. This old man can roll with the best of them.

Monika33
10-27-09, 5:20 pm
I was unable to train at last year columbus ABC due to surgery, i am hungry to hit it up with you guys this year!!

fatbackgoal
10-27-09, 6:08 pm
I will throw out there that anyone wanting to hit back look me up.

xMATT182x
10-28-09, 1:13 am

Thats really awesome and I can't wait to be a part of it.

xMATT182x
10-28-09, 1:15 am
Do a lot of you guys already have hotels booked? I need to find somewhere soon before it's too late.

GUNS
10-28-09, 2:10 am
I take it all these body parts are going on at the same time. I am in for back, shoulders and arms. Hope to have my son (GUNSII) there too!

BigAnt
10-28-09, 11:26 pm
I take it all these body parts are going on at the same time. I am in for back, shoulders and arms. Hope to have my son (GUNSII) there too!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Forum members own the gym for the Saturday night ABC...it is closed to everybody else...Yeah all people are training different body parts...Don't be shy just introduce yourself to us-people at The Cage and set up some training schedules.

Hope to meet you and your son there!

10-28-09, 11:31 pm
Anybody tryin to cram like 8 people in a room? I'm tryin to stay cheap. haha

GUNS
10-29-09, 5:46 am

The Forum members own the gym for the Saturday night ABC...it is closed to everybody else...Yeah all people are training different body parts...Don't be shy just introduce yourself to us-people at The Cage and set up some training schedules.

Hope to meet you and your son there!

Thanks Big Ant, we will do our best to be there. It will be an Awesome experiance for both of us.

Rage
10-29-09, 10:02 am
Since the real tattoo's didn't work out years ago, what do you guys think about an airbrushed 'A' logo or maybe even a henna?

Rage
10-29-09, 10:04 am
I'd like to see Grant Higa do a strongman demo in the cage this year. Definitely Animal and something we haven't done before.

weedlewott
10-29-09, 10:13 am
I'm down to train Shoulders with Big Tom Fuller... Just sayin.

Rage
10-29-09, 10:14 am

Lol..sounds good to me brother.

Hoomgar
10-29-09, 4:43 pm

Lol..sounds good to me brother.

Put me in for this too please. It would be an honor.

weedlewott
10-29-09, 6:59 pm
Put me in for this too please. It would be an honor.
Wouldn't it though? I just gotta find a room to stay in and I'll be good to go.

Little Z
10-29-09, 11:07 pm
Wouldn't it though? I just gotta find a room to stay in and I'll be good to go.

I might be able to find room for ya.. workin on a deal with a few brothers..

Ya just cant bunk with me lol

10-29-09, 11:21 pm
I might be able to find room for ya.. workin on a deal with a few brothers..

Ya just cant bunk with me lol

Anti-Asian is stayin with his bro at OSU, so he's out. haha

Little Z
10-29-09, 11:45 pm
Anti-Asian is stayin with his bro at OSU, so he's out. haha

OH WTF.. well I might have some Fam/Friends that will let us crash with them to save some $$

GUNS
10-30-09, 6:14 am
They could have limited edition T-shirts that come in a Animal Pak style can. With an Arnold/Animal/Cage logo. To get the t-shirt out you have to peel back the metal lid and all. Maybe inside they could put prize slips for give-a-ways. All for forum members of course!

Monika33
10-30-09, 10:39 am
Great Idea, was looking up rooms, best western seems to have plenty available for the weekend, on the arnold homepage you can find links there.

Thunder Chicken
11-08-09, 11:07 pm
i liked how you had the spot for just animal memebers to try stuff. the only thing is that it was full most of the day. lol i would try to see if you could make it bigger. also i think that animal is great you should get big place for your stuff, like muscle tech has all that room, Animal should have that room!

BamBam
11-08-09, 11:33 pm
I want round 2 Pros vs Joes

BamBam
11-08-09, 11:36 pm

"Breach"
"Rage in the Cage"
"White Out"

N. Motta
11-09-09, 12:33 am
Be Proud of Who You Are.

LayzieBone085
11-09-09, 6:59 am
What do you guys think about training Shoulder and Arms?

Look forward to the Cage/ABC Event. It will be an honor to see/meet All the Pro's not just some of them.

c_note
11-09-09, 7:35 am
I Was There Last Year, I Screwed Around And Got There On Saturday, And All The Animal Stuff Was Sold Out, Ie T-shits, Supplements, And Can You Guys Sell The Shirts The Reps Wear Those Were Awesome!!!! L

ghost
11-09-09, 8:56 am
I Was There Last Year, I Screwed Around And Got There On Saturday, And All The Animal Stuff Was Sold Out, Ie T-shits, Supplements, And Can You Guys Sell The Shirts The Reps Wear Those Were Awesome!!!! L
the shirts we were wearing were earned, not bought, and wont be for sale...

Monika33
11-09-09, 12:19 pm
Be Proud of Who You Are.

This is soooooo.... TRUE!!!

11-09-09, 6:21 pm
Called to reserve a room today. They said that some companies had rooms reserved if I had a company code. Does this include Animal and are these for FORVM members, or reps, pros, etc?

11-10-09, 3:12 pm
Called to reserve a room today. They said that some companies had rooms reserved if I had a company code. Does this include Animal and are these for FORVM members, or reps, pros, etc?

Bumpin this.