PDA

View Full Version : cardio...

intoodeep25
09-30-09, 11:24 am
i had a few questions on cardio, seeings ive never been a big cardio guy. i havent been doing cardio for a while since ive been trying to add as much size as possible, but i realize i really need to for the heart health benefits and to keep off some of the fat that accumulates. i am 217 right now at 5' 9", unsure on the bf% but its higher than id like it to be. ive looked around but nothing really answers my questions. my questions are 1) what to eat/take before and after 2) what kind of cardio to do while not wasting any muscle 3) when to do cardio on training and off days 4) any tips that people experienced with cardio during bulking may have. id appreciate all the info possible. thanks, aaron

GJN5002
09-30-09, 11:28 am
i had a few questions on cardio, seeings ive never been a big cardio guy. i havent been doing cardio for a while since ive been trying to add as much size as possible, but i realize i really need to for the heart health benefits and to keep off some of the fat that accumulates. i am 217 right now at 5' 9", unsure on the bf% but its higher than id like it to be. ive looked around but nothing really answers my questions. my questions are 1) what to eat/take before and after 2) what kind of cardio to do while not wasting any muscle 3) when to do cardio on training and off days 4) any tips that people experienced with cardio during bulking may have. id appreciate all the info possible. thanks, aaron

if posible do your cardio first thing in the morning (or whenever you wake up) on an empty stomach. 30-45 of solid state or 20 minutes of HIT usually does the trick.

afterwards eat your first meal of the day.

If you cant do it in the a.m. try to get it in after your workout and have your pwo shake after your cardio. I usually have some bcaa's between my workout and cardio.

hope that helps

RK
09-30-09, 2:03 pm
if posible do your cardio first thing in the morning (or whenever you wake up) on an empty stomach. 30-45 of solid state or 20 minutes of HIT usually does the trick.

afterwards eat your first meal of the day.

If you cant do it in the a.m. try to get it in after your workout and have your pwo shake after your cardio. I usually have some bcaa's between my workout and cardio.

hope that helps

Good advice right there.

Only thing i would add is focus on your diet as a whole rather than just around your cardio sessions. and like Gjn said if you can do it in the morning DO IT! its easier to just get it over with haha. I am also currently bulking and still incorporate cardio in for my heart and to increase my appetite. for me with classes since im a college student i cant do it in the morning so i usually try to do it after my workouts for 10-15 mins. Just a fast paced walk on the treadmill and maybe jog the end of it off.

you dont gotta get fancy! just play around with it and see what works for you.

Wasteland
10-01-09, 9:09 am

No set answers to your questions. However, good discussions can be found below for some guidance.

Main cardio thread: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=270&highlight=cardio

Timing and frequency: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=1292&highlight=cardio

How much cardio is too much: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=3367&highlight=cardio

Whether cardio affect mass: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=22660&highlight=cardio

intoodeep25
10-01-09, 10:05 am
wasteland. thanks for pullin those articles and posting em for me. much appreciated. and thanks gjn and rk for the reply.

Wasteland
10-01-09, 4:17 pm
wasteland. thanks for pullin those articles and posting em for me. much appreciated. and thanks gjn and rk for the reply.

No problem intoodeep25. Let's just say, I've got "searching" down to a fine art, lol.