PDA

View Full Version : Push/Pull/Legs...

mnmvilla2002
09-30-09, 2:13 pm
Looking on the training page of this website I notice 11 great workouts. The one thing I did not see was a push/pull/leg one. The one that could be modify was routine 11
http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=training&id=294

I'm guessing to move delts to the push day and traps to the pull day. If by doing that will that workout work as a push/pull/leg split. Also are the sets and reps fine or should those be adjusted too for any of the days? Thanks for all your time.

MrMonday
09-30-09, 3:51 pm
Why not just do the written the way it is?

JBlackapple
09-30-09, 11:44 pm
i guess if you wanted to make this a PUSH/PULL/LEGS 3 day split you could move your REAR DELTS TRAP work to the PULL(Back) Day... and really compromise either your chest or shoulders (whichever is weakest) and focus on your weakest bodypart....(remember you're only as strong as your weakest link) or else you'll risk your rotator cuffs from all that pressing

it all depends of what YOU want.. not following a routine EXACTLY EXACTLY the way...its fine if you're just begining and what a set guideline...but from my perspective...my reason for following a PUSH/PULL/LEGS split would be to focus on the BIG 3 BENCH,SQUAT, and DEADLIFT

as far if it's okay to just exactly those sets and reps... remember they're just numbers... focus on what your goal is..to get definition or get strength.. and overall mind-muscle connection ...in any case get a FEEL for it...and best of luck to you bro...

mnmvilla2002
10-01-09, 5:52 am
JBlack yeah I guess you are it will depend on how this workout feels. Just started the 3 day split. I have worked out for a few years but it was always on again off again for one reason or another. Now i'm in Iraq I have some time I can set aside so I figure I start from the ground up with a full body 3 times a week. Then I was thinking maybe after a month or two switch to a push/pull/leg to get stronger. Again tks.

Mr.Monday I wanted to try a push/pull/leg cause I hear good things and figure Animal would have a routine to use as base. Again nothing wrong with routine 11 jus wanted a push/pull/leg one with some sets and reps to go off.