PDA

View Full Version : How Much Fat

itsmemrj
10-02-09, 1:06 am
Hey guys, I tried the search function for this thinking that someone must have posted this topic already and did not come up with any results. But here is my question.

I am 5-8" 260lbs, 30% fat as of this week, I want to know about how much total fat I should have in my diet. This is one of the things I really have not been tracking and want to make sure that I am not eating to much, or not enough fat. As or right now I get usually about 250 to 280 grams of protein from different sources, (I posted a diet on here already). I put everything into a diet/fitness program which keeps me in check and on track with my diet. Knowing how much fat to eat would help because I can set a trigger to tell me when I am approaching my max fat for the day, or if I need to increase my fat intake.

Anyhow that is my question and I look forward to your help.

Thanks

TigerAce01
10-02-09, 1:24 am
Some guys know better than I on the fat subject, like the guys who know keto in and out, but when I'm really zoning in on my diet, I like to keep it around 13-15% of my total calories. Almost always from healthy sources like nuts, olive oil, and meat fat.

-Ace

C.Coronato
10-02-09, 11:18 am
Hey guys, I tried the search function for this thinking that someone must have posted this topic already and did not come up with any results. But here is my question.

I am 5-8" 260lbs, 30% fat as of this week, I want to know about how much total fat I should have in my diet. This is one of the things I really have not been tracking and want to make sure that I am not eating to much, or not enough fat. As or right now I get usually about 250 to 280 grams of protein from different sources, (I posted a diet on here already). I put everything into a diet/fitness program which keeps me in check and on track with my diet. Knowing how much fat to eat would help because I can set a trigger to tell me when I am approaching my max fat for the day, or if I need to increase my fat intake.

Anyhow that is my question and I look forward to your help.

Thanks

If your 30% fat, you need a diet with either zero fat and high protein, mod carbs. Or high protein, high fat and no carbs aka Keto.

Whats your diet brother?

itsmemrj
10-02-09, 6:59 pm
Right now according to my diet tracking program its as follows...

49% protein
30% carbs
21% fat

GJN5002
10-02-09, 10:50 pm
whats your goal, bulk or cut ?

On Letting Go
10-03-09, 8:20 pm
If he's 30% bodyfat then he should definitely cut weight. Thats nowhere near healthy.

C.Coronato
10-05-09, 9:13 am
Right now according to my diet tracking program its as follows...

49% protein
30% carbs
21% fat

Yea you need to either go no carbs and add more protein, or cut the fat and lower the carbs some.

Your best bet would most likely be a no fat diet, a normal weight lose diet. Shoot for 2lbs loss a week. Do you do cardio?

itsmemrj
10-10-09, 12:35 am
The thing I have noticed lately is that my scale weight is staying the same 260 lbs, but my composition is changing which is good thing (isnt it?) I have another weigh in this coming Monday the 12th and will see if things are continuing to change for the better. I have been carb cycling lately if this helps any.

I do some cardio, probably not as much as I should. Its usually 30 min of a sustained run, or 25 min speed interval session every other workout.

I know 30% BF isnt the greatest but its better than where I was 2 years ago! It was a staggering 49.8% LOL

Anyway thanks for all the help guys.