PDA

View Full Version : The Arizona Oak Contemplates AGE

charlievanriper
10-02-09, 12:14 pm
Well 12 dam days and I turnn another year older and look another year younger while everyone else my age looks and settles into old age, wanting to play Golf and Tennis.
Christ I got a Phone call the other day and it was a friend who wanted to of all things wanted me to go to the Golf Course with him, are you frigging kidding me. I jump on my bike will do a 60 mile round trip to ASU, I am more active than most Teens today and even more than the teens of our age, and this guy wants me to play Golf Christ is anyone able today to really exert themselves or are we all really just headed to old age homes and wheel chairs.
I had lunch with an old GF of mine ( she was always a big Tennis player) but as I sat having a glass of wine and a sandwich at a local club, we watched a couple games on the courts and they were women our age playing men of our age and of course in most cases women age better than men, but these guys were just the funniest to watch and I thought to myself wow this is what has become of the great and popular athletes of our HS years. When the match was over I overheard one wife say to her husband you sure are getting old and he responded that well you cant be an athlete your whole life. And I smiled because I know its aout priorities not age, its about finding a loving wife that cares more about health than possesions, this guy had given up his love of athletics to chase the dollar and to keep his trophy wife happy. Now he has just settled for his lot in life and probably just lives to sit on his porch in his Rocking Chair, such a goal to strive for. I for one have not settled, I for one am not looking for that Rocking Chair, I for one do not enjoy what I consider none active Sporting Events, I for one am going to strive every day to better my health, better my strength, better my mind, and better my Spirit for when I Crash and Burn the one thing all will say about my life will be "HE NEVER GAVE UP"

overly Arrogant, self Manical, Inflated Super Egotistical, Self Absorbed Love me or hate me dont give a shit what you think get moving or get the F*** out of the way not so humble Opinion.

C.Coronato
10-02-09, 1:09 pm
Charlie - You are a true inspiration my brother. You have the goals to succeed and i think thats beyond awesome. Keep doing your thing, and dont let anyone stand in your way. Young bucks like myself need guys like you to look up to and keep on track. Thank you my brother.

Maccabee
10-02-09, 1:14 pm
I had a neighbor once who I think was over 70 years old. He had cancer and he was in a wheel chair. He past away a few years ago.

I was playing football in my back yard and he said to me, "their is nothing wrong with being old...but their is something wrong with being old and sick."

It made me realize there is no point in being old if your going to be physically weak and literally falling apart as the years go.

People think its normal to get old and fall apart. They think that being slow, weak, and always sick is some thing that must happen to you when your old.

Thats complete bullshit. I dont want to die that way. I am going to be anthlete until the end of my days.

charlievanriper
10-02-09, 2:48 pm
Charlie - You are a true inspiration my brother. You have the goals to succeed and i think thats beyond awesome. Keep doing your thing, and dont let anyone stand in your way. Young bucks like myself need guys like you to look up to and keep on track. Thank you my brother.

Thanks brother I shall strive to live up to that inspiration, anyway my bro your pretty awesome yourself, ya got stop in if ya come thru Phoenix, some time.

C.Coronato
10-02-09, 5:22 pm
Thanks brother I shall strive to live up to that inspiration, anyway my bro your pretty awesome yourself, ya got stop in if ya come thru Phoenix, some time.

Absolutely, my mother was a SunDevil and so are a few buddies from here. I would love to check it out. My mom always tells me about 'slide rock' She said it was basically a natural water slide. I always dreamed of making the trip actually.

charlievanriper
10-02-09, 5:32 pm
Sedona is a big tourist trap, personally I hate it up thier these days its like the Grand Canyon you just cant enjoy it anymore, too muchg traffic, to many people. Ya Slide rock is a natural slide and yrs ago it was a blast, but you know what happens when you allow to many kids in a stream, well needless to say at this point I wont go in the water lol. They are trying to clean it up though, but I dont know how long it will take and then the big solution is to regulate its use, which is something I dont think will happen.
Right on Go Devils bro.

Like I said if you make it out my way let me know we can train together at my little Gym.