PDA

View Full Version : Water retention with Uni-liver

ironprof
10-05-09, 3:34 am
Hey guys,

I recently read a comment on bodybuilding.com that stated that liver tabs cause one to retain water. Well, who better to ask than my friends at the FORVM.

Is this true? If so, is it water retention to a considerable/noticeable degree, comparable to that of some creatines (or perhaps the early days of creatine supplementation)? What's the skinny?

Thanks a lot, guys.

Aggression
10-05-09, 8:48 am
First, be sure you're talking about the right type of product. I'm not singling this question out, rather I'll just state something here so everyone can read it, as I think a lot of people get confused. Uni-Liver is made up of actual liver. It contains a great source of natural protein, aminos, and other key vitamins/minerals, such as heme iron. It does not help 'cleanse the liver', such as a product like Milk Thistle would. Milk Thistle contains extracts that help cleanse and detoxify the liver. They are completely different products.

As for your question, I have never heard of Uni-Liver causing water retention.

J-Dawg
10-05-09, 9:31 am
Keep in mind that Uni-Liver is Argentinean beef liver that is extracted for amino acids (protein) as well as b-vitamins and other various minerals and vitamins. It would essentially be like eating purified beef liver. You shouldn't have any issues with water retention.

Wasteland
10-05-09, 9:36 am
I've used Uni-Liver for many years and I've never experienced water retention. In fact, no one I know who also uses it have mentioned experiencing it. Are you sure we're talking about Uni-Liver?

Universal Rep
10-05-09, 1:44 pm
Never retained water on Uni-Liver.

Beach91
10-06-09, 1:53 pm
Yep, these pills are like eating beef liver, never have i retained water because of them. Unless someone has an allergy to beef and its bi-products, but then why would they use uniliver pills?