PDA

View Full Version : need some advice on nitro

ddx
10-05-09, 12:17 pm
is it ok to take animal nitro on off days just to stop the catabolism? for example if i eat at 12.30 and for certain reasons i cant have a solid meal until 16.30, will it be effective to drop in some nitro at 14-15 ? or am i just wasting money? i've read that EAA's are effective just around the anabolic window on workout days.

here's my schedule:
12.30-solid meal
15-animal nitro
16.30- real gains shake
18-solid meal.

what do you guys think/recommend?
thanks.

Aggression
10-05-09, 12:19 pm
Why can't you have a solid meal between those hours? If anything, I'd try to have a Real Gains shake at 14-15, and then have a whole mean instead of the RG at 1630.

ddx
10-05-09, 12:28 pm
i am at school and here is my schedule on my shitty days
tuesday: 12.00-13.20 -15 minutes rest time
13.35-14.55 - 10 minutes rest time
15.05-16.25 and at 17 i get home. how should i combine animal nitro and real gains ? i cant have any solid meals in this period because i have to change places.
wednesday: the same as above just another extra 2 hours
16:30-17:50 - 15 minutes rest time
18:05 -19:25 and at 20 i get home. how about this day?

p.s. at home i eat 2 or 3 meals before getting to school and 1 meal after + 1 shake before bedtime(real gains).

thanks for your time.

Aggression
10-05-09, 12:32 pm
When at home, try to get all solid meals in. When you're at class/changing locations, have a Real Gains shake handy. You can always eat on the walk/drive to class. I eat two meals in my car while commuting to/from work. Might sound extreme, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

ddx
10-05-09, 12:35 pm
so i should drop animal nitro ?
i want to add in some on my off days just to have my muscles fueled all the time and keep the catabolism away. should i save them only for PWO or are they effective as i say above?
i will keep in my car some caju/peanuts/almonds. are they good ?

on the other days of the week i eat well and clean (5-6 solid meals + 2 shakes + storm/pump + pak + flex and PWO-torrent)

Aggression
10-05-09, 12:53 pm
Looks good. If you're getting in the RG shakes and the whole foods, you should be fine. I'd save the Nitro for training days.

fenix237
10-05-09, 12:59 pm
using Nitro as a substitute for food is not a good idea, plus being very expensive- keep it for PWO / fasted AM cardio. there are better choices out there that will not be that difficult to incorporate like Aggression already said. if you have a shake premade, it takes 30 seconds to drink it, and it will have a full compliment of protein and carbs in it. i love Nitro, but it's not a substitute for a meal

almonds, nuts, beef jerky, meal replacement bars are all good staples to have handy- don't forget if your on the road, you can swing in a convenience store for this stuff as well as milk for a shot of quality protein

just my two cents!

ddx
10-05-09, 1:04 pm
i already bought nitro and i'll use it PWO and on my HIIT sessions, as BRP said.

thank you for the info and your time.

Universal Rep
10-05-09, 1:32 pm
is it ok to take animal nitro on off days just to stop the catabolism? for example if i eat at 12.30 and for certain reasons i cant have a solid meal until 16.30, will it be effective to drop in some nitro at 14-15 ? or am i just wasting money? i've read that EAA's are effective just around the anabolic window on workout days.

here's my schedule:
12.30-solid meal
15-animal nitro
16.30- real gains shake
18-solid meal.

what do you guys think/recommend?
thanks.

Yup. Dieting/cutting, for example, is one of those areas where I'd run Nitro daily. Studies show that EAA, when calories are down, can help PRESERVE lean mass...

Aggression
10-05-09, 3:47 pm
Yup. Dieting/cutting, for example, is one of those areas where I'd run Nitro daily. Studies show that EAA, when calories are down, can help PRESERVE lean mass...

Agreed. I'm dieting for a show now. I pop a pack of Nitro after my morning cardio and another pack both pre and post workout. When I'm bulking, I don't really worry about aminos as much, as I'm getting many more calories in my system through whole foods.