PDA

View Full Version : Quick Snack - The Hippie Hotdog

willah
10-06-09, 12:07 am
Hey guys, wanted to share this.. It's a little snack I really enjoy that was passed on to me by a friend of mine. He also introduced me to baloney cups though, so you have a right to be skeptical.

The Hippie Hotdog

1. Take a large slice of whole wheat bread, and drown one side of it in peanut butter. Just slather the thing until there is no bread showing.
2. Peel a large banana, place in center of bread.
3. Wrap the bread around the banana so the peanut butter sticks to the banana.
4. Now you will have something that looks vaguely like a hotdog. Add some honey if that's your thing.
5. Consume!

A bit of a guilty pleasure.. I really like to a couple of these with some milk as a quick snack or post workout if I don't have the energy to cook something up.

LegendKillerJosh
10-07-09, 11:39 pm
Hey guys, wanted to share this.. It's a little snack I really enjoy that was passed on to me by a friend of mine. He also introduced me to baloney cups though, so you have a right to be skeptical.

The Hippie Hotdog

1. Take a large slice of whole wheat bread, and drown one side of it in peanut butter. Just slather the thing until there is no bread showing.
2. Peel a large banana, place in center of bread.
3. Wrap the bread around the banana so the peanut butter sticks to the banana.
4. Now you will have something that looks vaguely like a hotdog. Add some honey if that's your thing.
5. Consume!

A bit of a guilty pleasure.. I really like to a couple of these with some milk as a quick snack or post workout if I don't have the energy to cook something up.

I love peanut butter and banana sammies. And you're right, a couple of them with a couple cups of milk is a good breakfast, especially since I don't wake up til approximately 1/2 before my classes start and I have to drive to school and find parking. 4 pieces of wheat bread, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, 2 bananas and 2 cups of milk is a SHIT LOAD of carbs and protein. Good fucking breakfast if you are bulking. Throw in 6 uniliver and Pak and you are good to fucking go.

C.Coronato
10-08-09, 9:33 am
Wow. Ill 100% be taking down a few of those a day once im in the off season.

ironshaolin
10-11-09, 3:20 pm
Awesome. Peanut butter sandwiches can have soo much stuff with them. I once made a triple decker with peanut butter and banana on the first layer, then peanut butter and nutella on the second. Also, the peanut butter banana fluff sandwich is awesome.

prowrestler
10-11-09, 3:26 pm
real hot dog ftw

Mizzarler
10-11-09, 8:58 pm
real hot dog ftw

lol

TigerAce01
10-11-09, 9:20 pm
hahaha this is awesome...

-Ace

Big C
10-11-09, 9:31 pm
Sounds delicious.

Think I will have one before bed with a tall glass of choc Iso-whey.

TigerAce01
10-11-09, 9:35 pm
Sounds delicious.

Think I will have one before bed with a tall glass of choc Iso-whey.

x2

I'm making one as we speak...but also putting some honey on top...loooove my honey. hahaha Pun intended

-Ace

Mizzarler
10-12-09, 2:01 am
lol I can't believe yall never heard of a pb and bannana sandwich

Little Z
10-12-09, 3:28 am

I have.. but I do it the King style..

Fried PB & Banana sandwich w/ bacon and then drizzle honey..

strivin for more
10-12-09, 4:36 pm
def add to the recipes section. sounds good.

naturalguy
10-12-09, 4:47 pm
Anything with PB rules

C.Coronato
10-12-09, 5:27 pm
Anything with PB rules

x 1000.

willah
10-13-09, 9:18 pm

Yeah, I think most people have.. I just like this so much better, mostly just because it's way faster and easier.

willah
10-13-09, 9:19 pm
Anything with PB rules

I don't know what I'd do without PB, it's so good!