PDA

View Full Version : New Routine

Trojan_RB
10-07-09, 3:56 pm
Here's a new routine I've been trying and it's been great so far, especially with putting extra size on my arms since I can work them twice a week.
Note: Before I start working out I do about 5 minutes of plyometrics (front planks & side planks) to get the blood flowing. I only do static stretching betweens sets and after the workout.

Mon:
Chest & Tris
Tues:
Back & Bis
Wed:
Quads & Hams
Thur:
Delts & Traps
Fri:
Arms & Calves

If you would like for me to post the exercises for each bodypart I can do that too

sideburnz
10-07-09, 11:46 pm
Here's a new routine I've been trying and it's been great so far, especially with putting extra size on my arms since I can work them twice a week.
Note: Before I start working out I do about 5 minutes of plyometrics (front planks & side planks) to get the blood flowing. I only do static stretching betweens sets and after the workout.

Mon:
Chest & Tris
Tues:
Back & Bis
Wed:
Quads & Hams
Thur:
Delts & Traps
Fri:
Arms & Calves

If you would like for me to post the exercises for each bodypart I can do that too

You're working Tris thrice a week. Thats too much bro. You need sufficient rest.

BubbyLight
10-08-09, 7:25 am
You're working Tris thrice a week. Thats too much bro. You need sufficient rest.

thats bis and tris twice

sideburnz
10-08-09, 8:20 am
thats bis and tris twice

Bro. That's tris thrice. Chest, delts & Arms. U forgot your presses on delts day??

Trojan_RB
10-08-09, 12:22 pm
Hmmm I see your point. But for me my triceps heal very quickly so by the time I work them on Thursday after working them on monday they're good to go.
And when I say chest & tris I really mean chest & light tris.
On delts day I do two presses. The overhead barbell and the arnold press. Otherwise it's strictly laterals and raises

Mizzarler
10-08-09, 7:20 pm
If you really are a rb, I would squat twice a week and not do arms twice....

Trojan_RB
10-13-09, 11:19 am
I wish I could squat twice a week lol. My legs are fried all week.

Little Z
10-14-09, 5:34 am
thats bis and tris twice

Bro. That's tris thrice. Chest, delts & Arms. U forgot your presses on delts day??

actually i consider that once..

chest warms my tris up.. then he hits tris..

everything else will be an accessory lift.. and i hit tris with chest, and i then have a seperate arm day where i melt bis and tris..

and i work delts another day.. so i bypass 'thrice' right?..

Trojan_RB
10-14-09, 11:33 am
It depends how much time you space between the workouts. And yes all the tri's on chest day are accessory lifts. There aren't any compound movements.

Little Z
10-14-09, 2:12 pm
It depends how much time you space between the workouts. And yes all the tri's on chest day are accessory lifts. There aren't any compound movements.

i think you're fine on your tris then.. that isnt hitting them 'thrice'.. wtf.. lol..

and like i stated i added a completely separate day to hit arms..

you still diggin your split?

prowrestler
10-14-09, 3:38 pm
i like the split.

what exercises do you do?

whats your plan to get stronger/bigger?

Trojan_RB
10-14-09, 4:55 pm
Here are the exercises"
Chest & Tri's- DB Flyes, Barbell Incline, DB Bench, and an exercise we do for football which consists of an ez bar with medium-light weight where you close grip bench then switch to skullcrushers then switch to lat pullovers (8 reps consecutively of each exercise is 1 set).
They absolutely KILL. Then for tri's i'll do some pulldowns.

Back & Bi's- Lat pulldowns, bent over rows, db pullovers, cable rows, pullups.
Then for bi's ill do a couple sets of curls.

Notice how I only do one exercise for the latter body parts because they're already pretty pumped.

Quads & hams- SQUAT, power clean, leg press, hamstring curls, hack squat.
For squatting I do high reps. For me it hits way way deeper into the tissue.

Delts & traps - arnold presses, db presses, side laterals, shoulder press, shrugs with dbs and barbell

bi's & tri's - i never really do the same exercises for arms just your basic curling (about 4 exercises at different angles). same with tri's. but I always do hammercurls, which i love, and at the end of the workout i run the rack for both bi's and tri's. i do it on the cable stack though. i'll start light, do 10, increase weight, do 10, increase weight etc. until i cant do 1 and then i'll go back up the rack which is absolutely excruciating.

Thats pretty much it..

And as far as getting bigger and stronger i would say this is a good start.

prowrestler
10-14-09, 5:00 pm
too many press's on ur shoulder day, u just need 1.

for your leg day, squat, power clean, deads and hyppers would do ya way better

Trojan_RB
10-14-09, 5:08 pm
Hmm.. Well here's why I do 3 presses on shoulder day:
Arnold Presses are great for getting the chest-shoulder tie-ins to be seen. so it's for details.
DB Presses are just good because you have to use your core to stabilize yourself.
Barbell presses because those are the meat and potatoes.

So in essence it would be light, medium, and heavy.

Personally, I can't do power cleans and deadlifts in the same week. They just tax my legs too much. It has to be either or.

prowrestler
10-14-09, 5:46 pm
Hmm.. Well here's why I do 3 presses on shoulder day:
Arnold Presses are great for getting the chest-shoulder tie-ins to be seen. so it's for details.
DB Presses are just good because you have to use your core to stabilize yourself.
Barbell presses because those are the meat and potatoes.

So in essence it would be light, medium, and heavy.

Personally, I can't do power cleans and deadlifts in the same week. They just tax my legs too much. It has to be either or.

ok, so rotate em.

ps arnold presses dont do that lol, thats myth.

all you need is some standing barbell presses.

Trojan_RB
10-15-09, 11:32 am
I'll try rotating and seeing how that works.
And I know that the arnold presses work great. I've been doing them for awhile.
I'll add the standing version to see how that works out.

Dr.Platypus
10-15-09, 11:37 am
It does seem like you are doing a lot for arms, but if they're growing then who cares

Trojan_RB
10-15-09, 11:55 am
That's kinda the way I see it lol.
I do floor modeling for A&F and they (of course) put special emphasis on the vanity muscles i.e. arms, shoulders, chest.

Trojan_RB
12-10-09, 9:32 pm
Anymore ideas?

BionicMasterPiece
12-10-09, 11:53 pm
Anymore ideas?

for your best bet stick to something more basic like this

day 1 chest (these heavy presses will develop your triceps like no other exercise(lateral head)
incline barbell or dumbbell press
flat barbell or dumbbell press
weighted dips

day 2 back,biceps
pullups
barbell row or deadlift (alternate weekly) (if you want)
dumbbell row
barbell curl superset incline dumbbell curl

day 3 rest

day 4 delts,triceps

military press
dumbbell rear delt raises
dumbbell side laterals superset front barbell raises
barbell or dumbbell shrugs

day 5 quads,hams
squats
hack squats or leg press
stiff leg deadlifts
lunges

day 6,7 rest

BryanSmash!
12-11-09, 3:15 am
Anymore ideas?

I think you should should clearly define your goals for everyone here- are you training for bodybuilding, or increase in football performance? If it's physique improvement you're after, you're on the right track with your current split. If you want to get better at football, you're split is largely worthless. Training for an RB position, and training for an A&F model are two totally different things.
Clear definition of your goals will eliminate any confusion, and better assist the other forum members on giving you accurate advice.
Also, if Power Cleans are too taxing on your legs, try them from the hang position instead.

Trojan_RB
12-16-09, 2:38 pm
Well at the moment I'm training just for physique. Around March is when I'll go back to powerlifting for football. I usually do a 5x5. But you're right training from a modeling standpoint is very different