PDA

View Full Version : Military weigh in Oct 31

OPSNORM
10-11-09, 4:21 pm
ok when should i start animal cuts? when should i start sodium depleting? naturaly sugar is gone and carbs? when should i go to zero carbs when should i start to cut my water i am at about 2 gallons a day right now and not eating carbs after 4. i do early mornig cardio and lift at night, should i take anything other than whey after i lift. thank you for all the advice in advance. what about the creatine glutamine bcaa's and storm when should i drop these? i am also going to start a digestive sweep cleanse and as far as meats, which is best chicken fish eggs or steak??? this my annual weigh in and i am def over my max weight its 214 and i am 6'2" at 272 right now so i will get the tape test so i no i can def drop alot of water weight prior to the test which will help tighten the skin. i am also going over to FAU to get a waterdunk body fat test. thank you again

OPSNORM
10-11-09, 4:37 pm
ok when should i start animal cuts? when should i start sodium depleting? naturaly sugar is gone and carbs? when should i go to zero carbs when should i start to cut my water i am at about 2 gallons a day right now and not eating carbs after 4. i do early mornig cardio and lift at night, should i take anything other than whey after i lift. thank you for all the advice in advance. what about the creatine glutamine bcaa's and storm when should i drop these? i am also going to start a digestive sweep cleanse and as far as meats, which is best chicken fish eggs or steak??? this my annual weigh in and i am def over my max weight its 214 and i am 6'2" at 272 right now so i will get the tape test so i no i can def drop alot of water weight prior to the test which will help tighten the skin. i am also going over to FAU to get a waterdunk body fat test. thank you again

i am also on stak and pump as well as the pac? should i cut any of these???

Cstlfx
10-12-09, 1:27 am
Holy crap, you need to lose 58 pounds in 19 days!!?

Check out this book. Tried and true techniques in here.
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=370&pid=2848

I would have started taking Cuts two days ago. 3 weeks worth is in a can.

I cant remember much about that tape test. Is that a ratio from your neck and waist? Fill me in on that.

JasonG
10-12-09, 5:24 am
http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html

Here's a calculator. I not sure how accurate it is. It says mine is 9% and I'm sure it's in the teens. I'll see if I can find the actual formula.

JasonG
10-12-09, 5:26 am
The Department of Defense formula to compute body-fat percentage is somewhat complicated. For males, the formula is % body fat = 86.010 x log10(abdomen - neck) - 70.041 x log10(height) + 36.76, and for females, the formula is % body fat = 163.205 x log10(waist + hip - neck) - 97.684 x log10(height) - 78.387.

Jesus I don't remember it being this complicated. Here's the site.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theorderlyroom/a/bodyfat.htm

GUNS
10-12-09, 6:04 am
Subtract neck circumference from abdominal circumference to obtain member’s circumference value, On appropriate percent fat estimation table (appendix of this enclosure) find intersection of column equal to member’s height (rounded up to nearest 1/2 inch) and row equal to member’s circumference value.

So I have a 34" waste and 16.5 neck. Sub that gives me 17.5. On the chart for the navy PRT instruction, go to 17.5 on the chart, over to your hight, 72" for me, that gives me a 13% BF reading.

you can find this chart on page 55. http://navy-prt.com/files/6110.1H.pdf.

Ask you PRT coordinator for help or your Chief. They should be able to help you out.

BryanSmash!
10-12-09, 6:54 am

Alright. Slow down.
Look, you're talking about losing three pounds a day until your weigh in, it's not gonna happen. So you're not going to make weight for the military, that's fine, most people don't. What's your going to have to pass, is the tape test and not worry about how much you weigh. You need to worry about your neck vs waist circumference. Getting any bodyfat test done isn't going to help you, unless you want to add about seven to ten % to whatever reading you get, as the tape test is ridiculously inaccurate.
Here is what you can do however: Grab a measuring tape, preferably the one that will be used for your actual test, and have someone who's familiar with the guidelines of the testing procedures perform the test on you right now to see where you're at. Hell, you might be worrying about nothing, as you may very well be within standards already.
Don't start doing all that crazy shit from your OP, the size is going to come off your neck first, fucking up the whole process. Yeah you heard that right, trying to drop bodyfat will actually cause you to fail the tape test.
So get that test done and calculated according to your particular branch's standards and let us know where you're at so we can go from there.

GUNS
10-12-09, 7:58 am
Good message Bryan. Go get a courtesy measurement done asap.

OPSNORM
10-12-09, 8:42 am
Alright. Slow down.
Look, you're talking about losing three pounds a day until your weigh in, it's not gonna happen. So you're not going to make weight for the military, that's fine, most people don't. What's your going to have to pass, is the tape test and not worry about how much you weigh. You need to worry about your neck vs waist circumference. Getting any bodyfat test done isn't going to help you, unless you want to add about seven to ten % to whatever reading you get, as the tape test is ridiculously inaccurate.
Here is what you can do however: Grab a measuring tape, preferably the one that will be used for your actual test, and have someone who's familiar with the guidelines of the testing procedures perform the test on you right now to see where you're at. Hell, you might be worrying about nothing, as you may very well be within standards already.
Don't start doing all that crazy shit from your OP, the size is going to come off your neck first, fucking up the whole process. Yeah you heard that right, trying to drop bodyfat will actually cause you to fail the tape test.
So get that test done and calculated according to your particular branch's standards and let us know where you're at so we can go from there.

Right now 20 inche neck and 45 inch waist which according to there BMI puts me over if i loose 2 inches from my waist i am in. i wasnt expecting to drop all the weight before but i am that close to being within and not being within. according to our branch i am oover by 2 % which would mean going on a weight probation. this is according to our health and fitness manual. i hear you about loosing weight in the neck area and how it would boch up the measuremnts. so with the 31 coming what would you suggest? the worst part is when they measure our height and wrist they always measure wrong and have told us at all hands meetings that most people are shorter than they think? wtf? so the last time the said i have a 17 inch neck thats was way off and i measured a 8 inch wrist wich they said my wrist was 5 inch. if i had a pic you wouldnt think i was over the bodyfat but if your prior mil then you know what i am dealing with. i appreciate everyones help with this fun ordeal

MassDestruction
10-12-09, 8:54 am
OPSNORM...i am in the air force and we don't get the benefit of a neck measurement. Seems the AF is trying to become 'Hardcore" which is good because its got a BAAAAD rep. Anyway...before i test, i do HIIT twice a week and then Slow fat burn twice a week(incline treadmill for 60 mins or stair climbersfor 60 mins keeping my h/r at 65%). I do this first thing in the morning before eating and i have coffee about an hour before. Then I basically PT Test every Monday and Friday(monday intervals 1/4 mile sprint, 1/4 mile jog) I lost a whole inch this year in two weeks...hopefully this helps and you kill it...good LUCK on losing those inches.

OPSNORM
10-12-09, 9:00 am
Should i stay high rep or low reps for now and what would you suggest for carb pro and fat intakes?

The_Beast
10-12-09, 10:49 am
There is alot of confusion in this thread. Your 74" (6ft 2) at 270 Pounds.
Throwing all that bullshit aside, the weight doesn't matter. Your overweight period, a 45" waistline isn't something to shoot for unless you incorporate an 22+" neck. Isn't likely. Yes, the measurements are about far from perfect as you can get, yet there not changing anytime soon. Workouts, with the timeline you have given yourself its not going to make a damn diffrence if your higher repetition ranges or lower. Get yourself, on a clean (very clean) diet and keep your hydration at an maximum until a few days prior. It sucks. you know your body, better than us. it took you twenty years or so, to grow to 270 odd pounds and its not going to take one month to lose it. hands down. You will leave, basic combat (wait, AF..) you will leave, your training at atleast 250 pounds or less. regardless of branch. Army or Marine corp, you will leave at around 230 pounds or less. trust me, I know.

OPSNORM
10-12-09, 11:28 am
easy beast, i may not be spec ops but i am certainly not Air force(i didnt mean to offend any air force people), coastie( we are officially in the Seal program) here at roughin it here in the trenches in florida. i know i got relaxed when i got married and discovered wendys and pizza. when i was single i never touched the stuff. i am eating as clean as possible no sugar whatever salt thats naturally in the meat and going on the dreaded runs, i truly dislike running. i am not expecting a overnight miracle but figured i would poke around and see if i could find any good tips.

MassDestruction
10-12-09, 12:09 pm
Should i stay high rep or low reps for now and what would you suggest for carb pro and fat intakes?

you don't have a lot of time so reps are not that important, whatever you chose just lift as heavy as possible and leave it all in the gym. I am on board with Beast, eat super clean...try to take in about .7-1 gram of protein per LEAN body mass (or what you want to weigh), eat most of your carbs in the morning (oats, whole grains, and fruit around your workout), i would stay below 100 grams of carbs a day as long as its enough fuel to keep you going and not wear out, and only eat good fats (fish, natty pb, lean red meats and chicken breast). If you are eating eggs, eat mostly whites. There is no exact science out there, each person is different, you just have to find what works for you. Oh and don't OVER do it on cardio, you can do too much cardio. hopefully this is helpful.

BryanSmash!
10-12-09, 1:48 pm
Subtract neck circumference from abdominal circumference to obtain member’s circumference value, On appropriate percent fat estimation table (appendix of this enclosure) find intersection of column equal to member’s height (rounded up to nearest 1/2 inch) and row equal to member’s circumference value.

So I have a 34" waste and 16.5 neck. Sub that gives me 17.5. On the chart for the navy PRT instruction, go to 17.5 on the chart, over to your hight, 72" for me, that gives me a 13% BF reading.

you can find this chart on page 55. http://navy-prt.com/files/6110.1H.pdf.

Ask you PRT coordinator for help or your Chief. They should be able to help you out.

Right now 20 inche neck and 45 inch waist which according to there BMI puts me over if i loose 2 inches from my waist i am in. i wasnt expecting to drop all the weight before but i am that close to being within and not being within. according to our branch i am oover by 2 % which would mean going on a weight probation. this is according to our health and fitness manual. i hear you about loosing weight in the neck area and how it would boch up the measuremnts. so with the 31 coming what would you suggest? the worst part is when they measure our height and wrist they always measure wrong and have told us at all hands meetings that most people are shorter than they think? wtf? so the last time the said i have a 17 inch neck thats was way off and i measured a 8 inch wrist wich they said my wrist was 5 inch. if i had a pic you wouldnt think i was over the bodyfat but if your prior mil then you know what i am dealing with. i appreciate everyones help with this fun ordeal

easy beast, i may not be spec ops but i am certainly not Air force(i didnt mean to offend any air force people), coastie( we are officially in the Seal program) here at roughin it here in the trenches in florida. i know i got relaxed when i got married and discovered wendys and pizza. when i was single i never touched the stuff. i am eating as clean as possible no sugar whatever salt thats naturally in the meat and going on the dreaded runs, i truly dislike running. i am not expecting a overnight miracle but figured i would poke around and see if i could find any good tips.

Please fill me in on exactly how the test is done, with the neck, waist and wrist. Is it the same as the Navy regs that Guns posted? According to these regs (page43), the max allowable BF standards are 22% for males, also only the abdomen and neck are measured, not the wrist (page 45).
Spec ops standards aren't applicable in this case so don't worry about it.
I like the elliptical in place of running, takes alot of stress off the knees.

I just want to say something else here as well- It doesn't matter what branch of service you come from, or what your job is in that branch, you should be proud to serve no matter what your services entail. However, this pride should not be at the expense of someone else's chosen branch of service or job within that service. In here, we all bleed black and white. In here, we are ALL Animals.
If anyone does not understand that, or has a fucking problem with that, feel free to hit me up on a PM and I will discuss the matter further, there is no need to spread this bullshit out on members threads.
Friendly rivalry is one thing, but for fucks sake, we fight the enemy, not each other.

OPSNORM
10-12-09, 2:59 pm
Please fill me in on exactly how the test is done, with the neck, waist and wrist. Is it the same as the Navy regs that Guns posted? According to these regs (page43), the max allowable BF standards are 22% for males, also only the abdomen and neck are measured, not the wrist (page 45).
Spec ops standards aren't applicable in this case so don't worry about it.
I like the elliptical in place of running, takes alot of stress off the knees.

I just want to say something else here as well- It doesn't matter what branch of service you come from, or what your job is in that branch, you should be proud to serve no matter what your services entail. However, this pride should not be at the expense of someone else's chosen branch of service or job within that service. In here, we all bleed black and white. In here, we are ALL Animals.
If anyone does not understand that, or has a fucking problem with that, feel free to hit me up on a PM and I will discuss the matter further, there is no need to spread this bullshit out on members threads.
Friendly rivalry is one thing, but for fucks sake, we fight the enemy, not each other.

MY joking was friendly and i was under the impression it was good ol navy vs marine vs army vs airforce vs coast guard fun, i hope i didnt offend i wasnt trying to.

what they do test wise: measure your height and wrist. thats it then your weight is determined through that. my maw is 214 and the new bdyfat is 23 or 24 %. if your over your bdyfat you get taped which is just neck and waist. i measured my waist and neck and got 20" for neck and 45" for waist. if you are over your bdyfat you go on wieght probation which is 1 week for 1 pd you need to loose, you do some mandatory nutrtion counseling, go to med and do some mandatory pt sessions as well. when i did mine yesterday i was at 26% so i am that close but also that far away. this is why i was trying to find any tips to get just at and or under the 24% to avoid all the hassle.

let this be said, i ate the crap food so i am reaping what i sowed, i was thinking that if i came off all supplements, ate crazy clean, and 3 days out start cutting water that would tighten my skin. i dont really have any fat on my neck, i am not doubled chin or anything i just luck and store the 24% right where the tape goes for the waist, i am sure others can relate. when i used there online handy dandy calculator it said that if i had a 43" wiast i would be ate 23% so i was thinking that if i can tighten up i should be able to get that 2 inches, you figure thats only like a 1/4" all the way around the waist should get me the 2 ". My unit knows i work out and i pass my pt, i do not look like a fatboy, i am also not a mens health cover magazine figure either, my cheif was surprised because he supervised my last tape. so in conclusion i have cut most sodium and have become one with cardio and the water machine. i am taking in close to 400 grams protein maybe 200 carbs and fat is around 60 - 80. should i decrease or up anything?

MassDestruction
10-12-09, 5:34 pm
MY joking was friendly and i was under the impression it was good ol navy vs marine vs army vs airforce vs coast guard fun, i hope i didnt offend i wasnt trying to.

what they do test wise: measure your height and wrist. thats it then your weight is determined through that. my maw is 214 and the new bdyfat is 23 or 24 %. if your over your bdyfat you get taped which is just neck and waist. i measured my waist and neck and got 20" for neck and 45" for waist. if you are over your bdyfat you go on wieght probation which is 1 week for 1 pd you need to loose, you do some mandatory nutrtion counseling, go to med and do some mandatory pt sessions as well. when i did mine yesterday i was at 26% so i am that close but also that far away. this is why i was trying to find any tips to get just at and or under the 24% to avoid all the hassle.

let this be said, i ate the crap food so i am reaping what i sowed, i was thinking that if i came off all supplements, ate crazy clean, and 3 days out start cutting water that would tighten my skin. i dont really have any fat on my neck, i am not doubled chin or anything i just luck and store the 24% right where the tape goes for the waist, i am sure others can relate. when i used there online handy dandy calculator it said that if i had a 43" wiast i would be ate 23% so i was thinking that if i can tighten up i should be able to get that 2 inches, you figure thats only like a 1/4" all the way around the waist should get me the 2 ". My unit knows i work out and i pass my pt, i do not look like a fatboy, i am also not a mens health cover magazine figure either, my cheif was surprised because he supervised my last tape. so in conclusion i have cut most sodium and have become one with cardio and the water machine. i am taking in close to 400 grams protein maybe 200 carbs and fat is around 60 - 80. should i decrease or up anything?

Wow bro, you are doing the right things...right now you aren't worried about building muscle so cut that protein down to like 225 or so and a little trick i learned as the unit fitness monitor for my unit. Preparation H around your midsection, wrapped with clear cling rap over night= at least 2 inches lost...i am just saying.

OPSNORM
10-12-09, 5:59 pm
Wow bro, you are doing the right things...right now you aren't worried about building muscle so cut that protein down to like 225 or so and a little trick i learned as the unit fitness monitor for my unit. Preparation H around your midsection, wrapped with clear cling rap over night= at least 2 inches lost...i am just saying.

well i am trying, basically i ran several different numbers thru th CG calculator and I am within 2% if i add a half inch i am good. if my neck goes down i am bad. if my height stays the same and my waist goes fromm 45 to 43 i am good. its crazy. so i guess i may be going on probation which gives me another month to come down under my max bdy fat which is 24% i dont want to be in that boat but its all how the person taking it is, if its this one guy at the sta, i am screwed because he doesnt think anything good at all of reservist and has a be history of making our lifes miserable. I am the go getter at the unit and i get along with the ad guys so hopefully i can get the XO or my bmc who is pretty cool to do my test. is the battle we play here at my unit. we dont have a med unit at our sta. when should i cut the creatine monohydrate and pump?

MassDestruction
10-12-09, 9:05 pm
that's a really good question, if it was me i would now, just to start losing the water weight but i am not an expert when it comes to supps. You could wait and see how much you lose until a week and and then cut them then to help with the last bit, but that's taking a huge chance.

JasonG
10-12-09, 11:26 pm
You don't have a max waist that you can have? In the Air Force if you have more than a 39" waist your automatically on the fat boy program no matter your run time, pushups or situps.

BryanSmash!
10-12-09, 11:27 pm

My comment wasn't directed at you, just a trend in general over multiple threads.

The prep H trick does work, but the smell tends to give away your intentions so it's a toss up. I like practicing stomach vacuums, good for a couple of inches without worrying about losing any size off your neck. Also, for your neck, right before you get taped, roll your neck around several times, this will give you a temporary increase in diameter. As you have already mentioned, finding someone that you are familiar with to do the tape will also help the matter.

The_Beast
10-13-09, 4:55 am

Sorry Brother, Just don't go to easy on the topic. I figured, you would have known the weight regulations and planned accordingly before the enlistment process. Your recruiter is nothing less than a Dirtbag(most always the case) If he couldn't have given you this information prior to MEPS.

adidas
10-13-09, 10:37 am
You don't have a max waist that you can have? In the Air Force if you have more than a 39" waist your automatically on the fat boy program no matter your run time, pushups or situps.

the CG would loose 3/4 of the chief's if they had that.

OPSNORMAL not to be a total prick...but do you utilize your 1.5hrs aday or everyother day to exercise? what is your CG rating? I know some ratings have it easier than others in the ability to use work time to work out...but still. there isn't much of an excuse here in the CG to not stay in some sort of shape other than round.

also if you just need to drop a few inches to make tape...get in the sauna and sweat it out...or throw on a sauna suit and bike it out in the gym...and for the love of God stay hydrated when you do this...and then once you pass taping (remember to suck it in as much as they let you get away with and also do some shoulder/trap work right before you get measured; it'll pump the traps up and make your neck appear larger)...then get on a real work out program and stay on it.

OPSNORM
10-13-09, 2:31 pm
[QUOTE=adidas;823162]the CG would loose 3/4 of the chief's if they had that.

OPSNORMAL not to be a total prick...but do you utilize your 1.5hrs aday or everyother day to exercise? what is your CG rating? I know some ratings have it easier than others in the ability to use work time to work out...but still. there isn't much of an excuse here in the CG to not stay in some sort of shape other than round.

also if you just need to drop a few inches to make tape...get in the sauna and sweat it out...or throw on a sauna suit and bike it out in the gym...and for the love of God stay hydrated when you do this...and then once you pass taping (remember to suck it in as much as they let you get away with and also do some shoulder/trap work right before you get measured; it'll pump the traps up and make your neck appear larger)...then get on a real work out program and stay on it.[/QUOTE

i do workout, just never do cardio and the crap food i ate didnt help the cuase either. i am a mk but in the reserves. i have done the suana route and i was just saying on the cg forum that it will be sad when you here about a coastie dieing to prepare for his weight in. i think its happened in every branch but ours, i hope it doesnt but.... i am at 3 gallons a day of water but i work outside so its a good thing i am drinking that much, plus i hear large amounts of water helps boost testosterone levels, i guess the cg will bann large amounts of water next, but thats a whole other battle

JasonG
10-13-09, 5:42 pm
I don't think it's the intent of the services to die making a run time or dieting down to make a weigh in. They want us to maintain standards at all times. It's the nature of our business. You will get the best test response from lifting if your body fat is in the teens I read. Cardio sucks, but maybe keeping that in the back of your mind will give you motivation.

OPSNORM
10-13-09, 9:14 pm
I don't think it's the intent of the services to die making a run time or dieting down to make a weigh in. They want us to maintain standards at all times. It's the nature of our business. You will get the best test response from lifting if your body fat is in the teens I read. Cardio sucks, but maybe keeping that in the back of your mind will give you motivation.
i didnt mean to come across that the service was, i was just thinking about service members who dont know their tolerances and over exert, kinda like last minute cramming for a test. they figure suana is good, sauna with sweat suit great, sauna, sweat suit and some pill the supplement the guy sold them at the store great. where as me you and most people on this site no theres no quick fix or some isnt 48 hour hollywood diet.

MassDestruction
10-13-09, 9:17 pm
i didnt mean to come across that the service was, i was just thinking about service members who dont know their tolerances and over exert, kinda like last minute cramming for a test. they figure suana is good, sauna with sweat suit great, sauna, sweat suit and some pill the supplement the guy sold them at the store great. where as me you and most people on this site no theres no quick fix or some isnt 48 hour hollywood diet.

WELL SAID! Keep pushing man, find what works and stick with it, and if you do end up on the "program" just stay in the gym and you will be off of it in no time. I know it hurts for promotion but sometimes it takes stuff like this to open your eyes. Push hard and KILL IT

Dingo
10-14-09, 2:12 am
start the cuts if you havent already, as long as its the new reformulated version with the blue pills and red pill, you will be losin water weight like crazy. The diuretic complex in the blue pills had me drinkin 2+ gals of water a day and still feelin parched/cottonmouthed. After the first week i was definitely lookin tighter in the mirror.

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=444

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=445

OPSNORM
10-14-09, 5:14 pm
Just picked up my new formula cuts. excited to see how it works. i have never taken the cuts before, i have used other brands but i dont know if it was the diet and cardio or if it was actually the pills

Dingo
10-15-09, 1:00 am
Just picked up my new formula cuts. excited to see how it works. i have never taken the cuts before, i have used other brands but i dont know if it was the diet and cardio or if it was actually the pills

this formula is awesome, you cant suck in enough water to counteract what it will drain out of you. especially if you drop your diet to mainly grilled/boiled chicken breast and broccoli/brussel sprouts all week and have the weekend cheat meal.

B.C.
10-15-09, 1:46 am
OPSNORM:

I have been in the exact situation you're in, and that tape test fucked me for a few months. Even my 1Sgt said I didn't look like I should fail, but the measurements didn't add up in my favor. All you can do is get your shit together now, and make progress towards making yourself healthier. So what if you fail this one, all it means is you have to do it again. As long as you keep making progress, you'll pass in a few months. You can do some serious damage to your metabolism by trying to crash diet for the sake of one annual weigh in. Just keep doing what you're doing now, and you'll be amazed at what you can accomplish in a few months...but if you worry too much, you'll be sorely disappointed in what gets done in just a few weeks.

Oh, and I'm in the Air Force, your comment didn't offend me at all. All the branches are like brothers...we make fun and fight with each other...but I feel sorry for the outsider who fucks with one of our brothers.

OPSNORM
10-15-09, 2:34 pm
On another mil forum this discussion is blowing up about the new coast guard weight standards. mine actually dropped from 233 maw to 214. so its a great subject. they say its to make us healthy, like one guy said I will beleive that one when I see th cg ban smoking. i love it when the 150lb marathon runner is in charge of doing the weight test and telling me that its so unhealthy for me to eat that much protein, or supplements are "badd". if you dont like or understand the sport i understand, but the last time i was at the sta, alot of guys were siq becasue of the basketball games they play on the stay, so they going to bann that, o yeah when i was at a school, football was banned from the base so they decided that frisbee football would be safe, but i just got word that a upper level safety meeting was being held and the "O" in charge couldnt make it because of a frisbee mishap. i love the bias that always happens, i need to take a pic of my torso and post it, my uniform pants are 36 but the area they measure is 45", i have love handles, when i was in school an had a 7 site bdyfat test done i was 6% and still had lil lovehandles. you only see my fat when i am shirtless, thanks Mom for the genetics! i was looking at myself in the mirror and i laughed because from a side profile i dont even have a lttle pooch or anything but wwhen i turn sideways i have these 2 ammo pouches on each side of my hips, maybe lipo would just be easier to avoid this stupid situation every year. i never would have thought to do it but seriously i will post a pic and youu guys tell me the truth. then i can challenge the test but what they do as a recourse by challenging the tape test is actually make the go / no go standards even harder. gotta love it. ok the animal cuts has kicked in and i need to slow down, thanks for letting a bro vent

JRunez
10-16-09, 12:52 am
i just had my weigh in last week.. im in the USCG and they had to tape me .. im 5'8 225lbs.. when i stepped on the scale the chief was like WTF! GO GET TAPED! lol.. our weight standard is more " strict" males under 30 yrs have to be 23% body fat or under... and if your older then your body fat % is a bit higher. and thats for all rates no exceptions.. and besides your over 6 ft tall ... i wouldnt sweat it .. my buddy is 5'11 with a 17 inch neck, and a 42 waist and he passed his tape.. weight dosent matter as long as you under your allowed body fat % .. good luck cut your carbs take animal cuts and lots of cardio!

OPSNORM
10-16-09, 8:08 am
i just had my weigh in last week.. im in the USCG and they had to tape me .. im 5'8 225lbs.. when i stepped on the scale the chief was like WTF! GO GET TAPED! lol.. our weight standard is more " strict" males under 30 yrs have to be 23% body fat or under... and if your older then your body fat % is a bit higher. and thats for all rates no exceptions.. and besides your over 6 ft tall ... i wouldnt sweat it .. my buddy is 5'11 with a 17 inch neck, and a 42 waist and he passed his tape.. weight dosent matter as long as you under your allowed body fat % .. good luck cut your carbs take animal cuts and lots of cardio!

i am in the reserves and know we are being held to the same standards but i heard there having lots of issues with this tape test and the new standards. my maw is 214 now which is down from the 233. its still a joke because you could have a very high bdyfat level and still be under your tap test. i think i am going to make them tape me naked just to prove a point. i see all the active guys dwindling away to nothing because of this test, none of them are doing it anywhere close to healthy way and its sad because they are all going nuts in the gym trying to pack on muscle. i feel bad because they ask me what i take and what i do and you see them spend all there money on supplements and they will never get any results. yet we have the other crowd thats smoking up a storm every 10 minutes, smoking on the small boats which is a no no and maybe weigh 140 150 ish but hey.... there within standards. man, if you can pass the pt test, your bp cholesterol and blood work is fine and they make a uniform for you then what the freak??? did you know if a female has bad self image of herself the coast guard will pay for breast enhancement, hmmmm maybe i have a bad self image of myself becasue i am too small and tho i try and try i can never get like mcgrath and house. will they pay for my gym and supplements???? ps i dont have a bad self image. its so crazy, when i was active we had a guy at the airsta who was like the coast guard version of lance armstrong, he got invited to try out for the american olympic team but the command denied his request. i also heard about the army guy who does mma, the army booted him out basically saying its us or them. the army national guard snatched him up in a heart beat which is awesome, they guys was a ranger or spec ops and he wanted to serve his country yet he was gifted enough to be able to compete at a high level in mma, its a shame the miliatry doesnt embrace people in there sports and talents, it would be a great ad commercial if you ask me. but its amazing how they will in a heart beat ok almost entir ew units to go compete in the B.A.S.S. TOURNAMENTS. man i am bouncing again from the cuts. i wish i could go lift right now but have to burn it off instead in these post. sound off, what do you guys think?

JRunez
10-16-09, 6:23 pm
the tape is BS! bro.. the LT who taped me had his fingers inside the measureing tape next to my body i was like bro you got to keep your fingers on the outside... so his hand added an extra 2 inches.. we used to do the caliper * skin fold* but the medical staff in the USCG was to incompetent to know how to work the calipers they would pinch around the whole bicep instead of Flexing pinch the skin and measure that .. i tell you bro.. the military is so Messed up man .. i love what i do in the CG but the new standards are BS .. sucks to say but its politics.. its not what you know in the military is WHO YOU BLOW! and thats how you get your way ... and yah people hate on talent u got something good going in your life they want to shoot you down .. its because these Officers got picked on constantly in school they have no self esteem or a back bone so they go to OCS and say "now people have no choice but to respect me " so they act like D**ks towards enlisted personnel because they are higher power lol ... F that!

OPSNORM
10-16-09, 6:53 pm
I was eating my tuna and I thought about this, do you think the defensive line of the cg academy gets taped just like us??? some of the guys are close to 250, i looked at the roster. oh well, i guess wait and see. its funny i use the health and fitness calculator on the cg site, age , sex neck and maist measurements and it calculates your numbers. if i can somehoe get a half inch in height i am good, hard to believe, should be interested to see how they handle this with coastie reserves. oh well stand by to stand by, what kind of unit are you at?

adidas
10-19-09, 1:43 pm
the tape is BS! bro.. the LT who taped me had his fingers inside the measureing tape next to my body i was like bro you got to keep your fingers on the outside... so his hand added an extra 2 inches.. we used to do the caliper * skin fold* but the medical staff in the USCG was to incompetent to know how to work the calipers they would pinch around the whole bicep instead of Flexing pinch the skin and measure that .. i tell you bro.. the military is so Messed up man .. i love what i do in the CG but the new standards are BS .. sucks to say but its politics.. its not what you know in the military is WHO YOU BLOW! and thats how you get your way ... and yah people hate on talent u got something good going in your life they want to shoot you down .. its because these Officers got picked on constantly in school they have no self esteem or a back bone so they go to OCS and say "now people have no choice but to respect me " so they act like D**ks towards enlisted personnel because they are higher power lol ... F that!

I see you in Oregon...please tell me you're not at sector pdx workin out in that shitty little gym at the Navy Reserves next door!

OPSNORM
10-19-09, 9:18 pm
one week away from weigh ins , weight is dropping, i am so close to being under my tape measurement. i hope i make it so that gives me 6 months to gain as much muscle as i can and burn some more fat, its funny i cant roll up my odu top sleeves. oh well stand by to stand by

TigerAce01
10-19-09, 9:28 pm
Keep us in the loop brother, keep it up.

-Ace

OPSNORM
10-19-09, 9:44 pm
I am 165 right now at night after my workout so yeah i am a lil ways away from my 214 maw. my height is 6'2" neck is 19.5 to 20" and waist measurement is stuck at 45" but my uniform pants are 36. so as of right now i am over on thae tape test, if everything stays the same but i can grow a half inch i am good, opt 2 waist drops to 43"(thats tough one to do, if i super dehydrate my neck will shrink and my number s get all jacked up. so fingers crossed not sweatin it. either its a go or no go, then onto weight probation. so depending who does the measurement determines everything, i am going in my boxers becasue i wont them to see i am not a dough boy, n o beer gut no man boobs just cursed with love handles. maybe they will beleive me then. i love how the airsta who has a medical unit doesnt even use the hs's for measuremnets, the yn's are doing it