PDA

View Full Version : i think this is a joke...?

strivin for more
10-11-09, 8:08 pm
would anyone really get this? all it is (if its real) is a garbage bag to make you sweat. hahah i guess we should all be done with cardio now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pij33oHFyT0&feature=player_embedded

loligagger
10-11-09, 8:16 pm
sweating does not indicate fat loss. PERIOD. you will lose weight, it will only be water weight tho. a good sweat does not mean a good workout when in reference to a caloric loss.

i was hopin you were gonna show the missy elliot video when shes wearin the garbage bag suit ahaha.

by the way...nice signature strivin. GET IT!!!

TigerAce01
10-11-09, 8:23 pm
I have plenty of friends who fight that use sweat suits to cut weight. In high school, my friends on the wrestling team would crinkle in class the day of a weigh in because they had trash bags on underneath their clothes. Works to cut water weight, and only water weight.

-Ace

strivin for more
10-11-09, 8:39 pm
I have plenty of friends who fight that use sweat suits to cut weight. In high school, my friends on the wrestling team would crinkle in class the day of a weigh in because they had trash bags on underneath their clothes. Works to cut water weight, and only water weight.

-Ace

yea, the reason i figured id post it is the way the media pans it out to be a good way to actually lose weight, which itd seem anyone with brains (no offense to anyone thatd believe this) would see this is NOT a long term, healthy method of weight loss. actually, the only people id see thatd buy into this are those who are too lazy to exercise themselves and commit to the hard work and effort it takes to lose weight.

TigerAce01
10-11-09, 8:52 pm
yea, the reason i figured id post it is the way the media pans it out to be a good way to actually lose weight, which itd seem anyone with brains (no offense to anyone thatd believe this) would see this is NOT a long term, healthy method of weight loss. actually, the only people id see thatd buy into this are those who are too lazy to exercise themselves and commit to the hard work and effort it takes to lose weight.

Yepp...people will believe anything the media sears into their head...(yes, pun intended with Sears haha)

A lot of people will say to me "Hey, you ever taken creatine? That stuff's bad...borderline steroids..."

That's why I don't talk to many people about sports.

-Ace

J A Y
10-12-09, 5:24 am
Yepp...people will believe anything the media sears into their head...(yes, pun intended with Sears haha)

A lot of people will say to me "Hey, you ever taken creatine? That stuff's bad...borderline steroids..."

That's why I don't talk to many people about sports.

-Ace

its sad, but that is incredibly true.. i've heard it all before too and as for the weightloss suits i was told exactly the same thing as said on here.. its all well sweating but to lose weight you have to literally burn the calories sort of thing! not the most scientific explanation but i understood it interms of sweating off excess water and ACTUALLY burning the weight off!

Psycho77
10-12-09, 5:38 am
some of the fellas at my gym wear that suit for increased sweating during workouts. I dont think it'll do much for when your just sitting down.

ironshaolin
10-12-09, 2:13 pm
They do work, but remember, its a WEIGHT loss suit, not a FAT loss suit.

Alk
10-12-09, 2:41 pm
I've used these before to cut weight for wrestling, they get the job done, but it's obvious you're only losing water weight. I liked wearing that more then layers of sweats though, by far.

simpleguy
10-12-09, 4:17 pm
lol there are dozens of ads like this in my country, love seeing those ab-flex commercial, lose 30lbs in a month and stuff like that... shit sells as if it were free candy so it's obvious how much we're becoming a magic-pill society

strivin for more
10-12-09, 4:31 pm
lol there are dozens of ads like this in my country, love seeing those ab-flex commercial, lose 30lbs in a month and stuff like that... shit sells as if it were free candy so it's obvious how much we're becoming a magic-pill society

yea haha all that stuff works so well absolutley NO ONE has ever heard of it! lol

Dr.Platypus
10-12-09, 5:02 pm
I have a friend whose dad jogs in a garbage bag, it's quite a sight.

fenix237
10-12-09, 5:08 pm
i've read up a little on this subject awhile back- IIRC, your body will perform at a higher level if it's allowed to cool itself (by sweating duh!). as was mentioned, those "sweat" suits are not a good option for someone looking to lose bodyfat over a period of time

C.Coronato
10-12-09, 5:24 pm
They sell them at Sports Authority. I actually think its part of the Golds line.

saintmilette
10-12-09, 9:25 pm
the only people who believe this are the same people that think dieting for a day will work and quit after day one cuz they didn't lose 20 lbs.