PDA

View Full Version : Nitro on a full stomach...

Bran88
10-11-09, 8:24 pm
I know that Universal suggests not to take Nitro on a full stomach (before a workout), but I have to lift with a meal before hand. I just deplete way too easily without some food in my body. Do you think this is detrimental to the full affects of Nitro or does it not really matter?

Thanks,
B

TigerAce01
10-11-09, 8:26 pm
Yes it is detrimental. The aminos in Nitro will have to compete with the aminos from your food, and even if some of the aminos are absorbed, they will take a long time to digest, defeating the purpose.

Always take amino acids on an empty stomach.

-Ace

NickSP
10-11-09, 8:27 pm
I know that Universal suggests not to take Nitro on a full stomach (before a workout), but I have to lift with a meal before hand. I just deplete way too easily without some food in my body. Do you think this is detrimental to the full affects of Nitro or does it not really matter?

Thanks,
B

What's your schedule look like near your workout?

Bran88
10-11-09, 8:28 pm
What's your schedule look like near your workout?

Schedule as in...?

Well how do I find a way around this then? I mean, on large muscle days (such as legs and back), I deplete about 3/4 of the way through even on a full stomach. I couldn't imagine how bad it would be if I did this without food.

OR should I just take a pack after I lift?

TigerAce01
10-11-09, 8:33 pm
Eat before and take the Nitro after. Solid foods are better for your body and more important than supplements. Nothing will fuel you like my favorite pre workout meal...4 slices of toasted Ezekiel bread topped with PB and honey, and a 50 gram weigh shake.

-Ace

Bran88
10-11-09, 8:41 pm
Eat before and take the Nitro after. Solid foods are better for your body and more important than supplements. Nothing will fuel you like my favorite pre workout meal...4 slices of toasted Ezekiel bread topped with PB and honey, and a 50 gram weigh shake.

-Ace

Word! Thanks Ace!

Oh yeah, I've seen Evan Centopani take two packs of Nitro post-workout. Ideal or not?

--Brandon

TigerAce01
10-11-09, 8:48 pm
Definitely, he even takes three now. I prefer buying bulk amino powders though, because of their flexibility, taste, and value. I have seen incredible gains from...1 serving EAA stack mixed in gatorade intra, followed by 3 servings BCAA stack and 20g glutamine post. Mega dosing aminos definitely took my training to another level, and they are the backbone of my supplement regimen :

SportPharma Multi V
BCAA Stack
EAA Stack
Glutamine
Ultra Iso Whey
Natural Sterol Complex

That's it for me, and other than aminos, that's only 3 other products.

-Ace

Bran88
10-11-09, 8:54 pm
Well how much BCAA's are in one pack of nitro? I have a post-workout shake that contains 25 grams of glutamine and BCAA's.

NickSP
10-11-09, 8:56 pm
Schedule as in...?

Well how do I find a way around this then? I mean, on large muscle days (such as legs and back), I deplete about 3/4 of the way through even on a full stomach. I couldn't imagine how bad it would be if I did this without food.

Well like, if you're eating within an hour of lifting then you really don't need the Nitro anyway, take one postWO

TigerAce01
10-11-09, 8:59 pm
4995mg, so about 5g, which is a good amount, but Nitro is extremely efficient. The amino acids are completely uncoupled, which allows them to be digested immediately, unlike protein shakes. I just enjoy BCAA and EAA Stack, and the price is a little better.

-Ace

Aggression
10-12-09, 9:09 am
Schedule as in...?

What are you eating preWO?

Aggression
10-12-09, 9:10 am
Well how much BCAA's are in one pack of nitro? I have a post-workout shake that contains 25 grams of glutamine and BCAA's.

The BCAAs in protein powder are different than that of BCAAs found in Nitro. The ones in Nitro are uncoupled, free-form aminos. They get into your system quicker/more efficiently than the BCAAs in whey.

Bran88
10-12-09, 10:15 am
The BCAAs in protein powder are different than that of BCAAs found in Nitro. The ones in Nitro are uncoupled, free-form aminos. They get into your system quicker/more efficiently than the BCAAs in whey.

Good to know. Thanks!

Bran88
10-12-09, 10:03 pm
Also. I do a core and HIT day with no actual lifting. Should I take Nitro after that as well? Or should I just utilize it on my days when I am hitting muscle groups (besides core).

TigerAce01
10-12-09, 10:19 pm
I usually reserve my aminos for after heavy lifting only. If you have some extra cash, go for it, but it's really not needed.

-Ace

Bran88
10-13-09, 10:37 am
I usually reserve my aminos for after heavy lifting only. If you have some extra cash, go for it, but it's really not needed.

-Ace

Good deal, thanks Ace.

LegendKillerJosh
10-13-09, 10:48 am
If you bog down during your workouts it could be BECAUSE you are eating before. First off, a large meal usually will bog down your system, especially if it contains some sugar. That is why bodybuilders eat more frequent, but smaller meals. Second, a large meal takes a lot of blood in the stomach to digest, so your blood can't be trying to digest food and delivering oxygen and nutrients to your muscles at the same time. If you have a lighter meal (around or under 500 calories) with a medium-releasing carb choice (like pasta or a potato) about 2 hours before lifting and then take your nitro pre-workout (I like Pump pre-workout as well) you might find you have more energy to complete your workout. Also, a gatorade and amino concoction (the best is eaa stack) will help you through your workout if you start sipping it 10 minutes prior to your workout and during.

Bran88
10-13-09, 11:33 am

-Ace

If you bog down during your workouts it could be BECAUSE you are eating before. First off, a large meal usually will bog down your system, especially if it contains some sugar. That is why bodybuilders eat more frequent, but smaller meals. Second, a large meal takes a lot of blood in the stomach to digest, so your blood can't be trying to digest food and delivering oxygen and nutrients to your muscles at the same time. If you have a lighter meal (around or under 500 calories) with a medium-releasing carb choice (like pasta or a potato) about 2 hours before lifting and then take your nitro pre-workout (I like Pump pre-workout as well) you might find you have more energy to complete your workout. Also, a gatorade and amino concoction (the best is eaa stack) will help you through your workout if you start sipping it 10 minutes prior to your workout and during.

Well a pre-workout meal for me is essentially complex carbs, a moderate amount of protein (usually like a lean red meat or chicken). Then about 20 minutes before my workout I take VPX NO Shotgun as a pre-workout shake. I have found that lifting to me on a legit empty stomach just completely kills me.

LegendKillerJosh
10-13-09, 12:03 pm
Well a pre-workout meal for me is essentially complex carbs, a moderate amount of protein (usually like a lean red meat or chicken). Then about 20 minutes before my workout I take VPX NO Shotgun as a pre-workout shake. I have found that lifting to me on a legit empty stomach just completely kills me.

It doesn't have to be literally empty, it's just not a good idea to eat within an hour of lifting.