PDA

View Full Version : "Yeah, it's a Job."

Soldier
10-12-09, 12:20 am
Like Wrath famously said, "I’m a bodybuilder & yeah, it’s a job. Only the day doesn’t start at 9 & it won’t end at 5. It starts from the time I open my eyes to the time I shut them. It’s not a 5 day work week. I live it 24/7... This is a job. This is my life.”

These are the words to draw inspiration from. Who among us hasn't felt the occasional "Fuck it, it ain't worth it" when things get hard? Why is it that we choose to set ourselves apart from the rest of the population, to be considered "freaks" and put ourselves through diets and training programs that the common joe would cringe at? Simple - it's our job.

The job we dedicated ourselves to from day one. The job we committed to when we decided to add muscle and strength to our frames or to shed away years of neglect and poor habits. The job where we scoff at the naysayers whenever they scoff at us. There's nothing better than proving them wrong and proving to the world that the blood, sweat and tears we put into this job was well worth the pain.

And while a very privileged few of us are fortunate enough to use bodybuilding as a means of earning a living, every one of us is consumed in this life as we all strive towards something better - away from the naysayers, away from the doubters, away from old habits. Smashing through mediocrity to become the best is the goal of every business, is it not? Why not so much more so for the bodybuilder? When people ask, "What do you do?", you won't have to say a word as they quickly notice the fruits of your labor. That says it all.

We are ANIMAL, and this is our job.

Serpiente-6509
10-16-09, 1:01 pm
Bodybuilding is a way of life and Animal is a lifestyle we have consciously chosen. What really separates us is that we choose to stick with it.