PDA

View Full Version : Cut Diet Help.

D-NUTZ
10-12-09, 9:07 pm
Hey guys, i am going to be starting a cut here in the next few weeks as i am unhappy with me weight. 245 @ 6 ft. I have pretty high body fat and wanna lower that. Can someone put together a diet for me. I dont have a set one right now. A few road blocks...

1) I am in High School so any meal i eat between 8-3 will have to be something i can keep in my locker or book bag.
2) I gain weight pretty easily so i know im going to have to stay strict.
3) Im plan on lift at around 4 PM
4) Also can someone help me with a cardio schedule.

Thanks ahead of time.

C.Coronato
10-13-09, 11:03 am
Hey guys, i am going to be starting a cut here in the next few weeks as i am unhappy with me weight. 245 @ 6 ft. I have pretty high body fat and wanna lower that. Can someone put together a diet for me. I dont have a set one right now. A few road blocks...

1) I am in High School so any meal i eat between 8-3 will have to be something i can keep in my locker or book bag.
2) I gain weight pretty easily so i know im going to have to stay strict.
3) Im plan on lift at around 4 PM
4) Also can someone help me with a cardio schedule.

Thanks ahead of time.

Yo brother, do you have a lunch period? If so what time?

D-NUTZ
10-13-09, 2:29 pm
Yeah i do its from 12:10-12:40. But i cant leave school.

D-NUTZ
10-13-09, 2:43 pm
Meal 1 7:30 AM: 4 Whole eggs
Meal 2 10:00 AM: Peanut butter and Banana Sandwhich
Meal 3 12:20 PM: Tuna Sandwich with Rice...or Chicken Breasts with Rice (Whatever i Feel like that day)
Meal 4 2:00 PM: Protein Bar with Protein Shake
Workout 4:00 PM
Meal 5 Post Workout around 6:00 PM: High Protein Meal with little carbs. Green Veggie and Fruit.
Meal 6 9:00 PM Before bed: Casein Shake.

Is this a good diet for cutting? I just made it up and wanna see how close i get to a good one. Please critic.

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
10-13-09, 2:46 pm
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=26509 Check this out brother.

D-NUTZ
10-13-09, 9:03 pm
Well i made some changes to the diet.

Meal 1 7:30 AM: 4 Whole eggs with cheese and bacon bits.
Meal 3 12:20 PM: Tuna Sandwich with Rice...or Chicken Breasts with Rice (Whatever i Feel like that day) and some kind of fruit like an apple or something.
Workout 4:00 PM With protein shake after
Meal 5 Post Workout around 6:00 PM: High Protein Meal with little carbs. Green Veggie and Fruit.
Meal 6 7:30: Peanutbutter spoon or peanutbutter and celary.
Meal 7 9:00 PM Before bed: Casein Shake.

Please critic.

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
10-13-09, 9:20 pm

Meal 3 12:20 PM: Tuna Sandwich with Rice...or Chicken Breasts with Rice (Whatever i Feel like that day) and some kind of fruit like an apple or something.

Please critic.

More eggs in meal 1, atleast 6 eggs total.

shizz702
10-13-09, 9:43 pm

add a bowl of oatmeal
drop this, do a health snack like cottage cheese instead
you'd be much better off with plain tuna or chicken breast with a sweet potatoe or yam. Also, it's a good idea to add a side of veggies to every solid meal.
One or the other, no need for both. A scoop or two of whey is perfect pre workout.
good
Drop the fruit, fruit is loaded with carbs, cut all carbs in the evening.
If you must have peanut butter make sure it is natural.
If you have a casein shake before bed I'd drop the pb snack.

Please critic.
See my notes above.

Rage's outline is a an excellent place to start, if you can't come up with something on your own I'd just follow his.

Drop the peanut butter and banana sandwich, that is full of high GI carbs and will go straight to fat stores.

Drop all bread and starchy carbs, if you want to cut weight and preserve mass the only carbs you should be taking in should be healthy complex ones like oatmeal, sweet potatoes, yams. You should only take in high GI ones like bananas or carb powders post workout.

C.Coronato
10-14-09, 10:20 am
Hey man, ill post here as well. I see your cutting, school ect.

I would say to cut your going to want to drop alot of that stuff. Here is a revised one:

Meal 1 7:30 AM: 4 whites, 2 whole, 1/2 cup oats.
Meal 2 10:00 AM: 6oz chicken, 4 oz carbs
Meal 3 12:20 PM: Tuna (no sandwich) 1/2 cup Rice...or Chicken Breasts with Rice
Meal 4 2:00 PM: 6oz chicken, 4 oz carbs
Workout 4:00 PM 50 grams isolate shake.
Meal 6 7:30: 6oz chicken, 4 oz carbs

D-NUTZ
10-14-09, 12:04 pm
Hey man, ill post here as well. I see your cutting, school ect.

I would say to cut your going to want to drop alot of that stuff. Here is a revised one:

Thanks Man! I see i was a "little" off on this one haha... Few Questions.

1) Is there a certain kind of eggs that allow you to get just the whites or do u manually have to seperate them? And how to u eat the oats? Just raw or do u like make oatmeal with them?
2) What do u mean by 4 oz of carbs?
3) Should i completely cut out the pre bed casein shake then? Or did u just not include it?

Dr.Platypus
10-15-09, 9:48 am
1. yo man, you can make oatmeal with your morning oats
2. I think he probably means 4oz of veggie based carbs
3. I'd say keep your pre-bed casin, it just really isn't a meal

D-NUTZ
10-15-09, 2:50 pm
Thanks brother!

Tifferzzz
10-15-09, 3:36 pm
Pay real close attention - are you listening? Good - here's the #1 thing that you need:

#1. Thou shalt write down everything that thou eatest.

Record that for a week then post it on here - calories, carbs, proteins and fats -

Then we can give you a better idea of where to 'cut.' An idea diet doesn't mean shit until you know where you're starting from. There's an incredible amount of diets that can cut you out and that will work if put into the proper process. I'm thinking that Shredded Bliss would work well for you (as it did me) but untily ou know your starting point, you can never know your finish point.

Also include how many times during the day you ate.

In relation to Cardio - try the Tabata method - Go for 20 seconds as hard as you can, rest for 10 seconds - continue until dead. (J/K - continue for the amount of time that you wish to complete - Ideally you'll be lucky to hit 10 minutes - if you can even hit 5. I think I threq up twice, but it cut me - hard. Feel free to try this method in lifting as well. Choose about 50% of your max, then lift for 20 seconds, rest for 10 - continue for 8 reps. It's a cutting option. Enjoy)

C.Coronato
10-15-09, 5:16 pm
Thanks Man! I see i was a "little" off on this one haha... Few Questions.

1) Is there a certain kind of eggs that allow you to get just the whites or do u manually have to seperate them? And how to u eat the oats? Just raw or do u like make oatmeal with them?
2) What do u mean by 4 oz of carbs?
3) Should i completely cut out the pre bed casein shake then? Or did u just not include it?

1 - You can buy the whites in the carton, or just separate them (i separate, its cheaper) Oats should be made into oatmeal, with water, small amounts of splenda are ok.
2 - I mean 4oz sweet pots or brown rice. After a while that will taper down.
3 - No casein before bed, you dont really need it while cutting. You want your metabolism to continue to work through the night.

Dr.Platypus
10-15-09, 6:20 pm
4oz of rice at one meal???

Dr.Platypus
10-15-09, 6:21 pm
never mind i was reading oz as cups

boar
10-15-09, 7:01 pm
you can always jam 8-16oz of chicken/grassland fed bison/beef in tupperware into your bookbag. Just chill in the back of class and eat 4-6oz of it. You need to stop dense carb intake at 1pm unless it is preworkout/postworkout you can do fruit or oats.

Your night meal should consist of only lean protein and greens.

Gotta do cardio after you lift. When you lift, you burn off alot of your muscle glycogen so when you hit cardio you will be burning off some fat.

Good luck and work hard at it. If you are lightheaded from lack of carbs you are doing it right. once your body converts to metabolizing fat you ll be good....

D-NUTZ
10-18-09, 10:26 am
you can always jam 8-16oz of chicken/grassland fed bison/beef in tupperware into your bookbag. Just chill in the back of class and eat 4-6oz of it. You need to stop dense carb intake at 1pm unless it is preworkout/postworkout you can do fruit or oats.

Your night meal should consist of only lean protein and greens.

Gotta do cardio after you lift. When you lift, you burn off alot of your muscle glycogen so when you hit cardio you will be burning off some fat.

Good luck and work hard at it. If you are lightheaded from lack of carbs you are doing it right. once your body converts to metabolizing fat you ll be good....

Alright thanks bro! So im better off doing cardio after i lift rather than AM before school?

Carpe Diem P.T
10-19-09, 2:44 am
hey there.

what i tell most folks that I train is that you use the carbs for your high energy lifting then by the time you get to the cardio you are some what carb depleted, thus getting to fat stores sooner during your cardio work out.

There are plenty of arguments against that though so you just do what works for you. Eventually you will see if you are or are not losing weight, then you can gauge. right now all you have to do is have faith that if you exercise regularly and eat smart, you will get to where you want to be.

one egg white company I know of is 'cutting edge' - as far as my knowledge goes, animal does not supply such a product.

Here is my cutting diet at present. Its a bit extreme but it gets me where i need to be:

breakfast: 9 egg whites, 2 yolks on toast, Pak
morning tea: protein shake w/water
lunch: 2 peices of fish and steamed vegies
afternoon tea: protein shake w/milk post work out
dinner: steak or chicken and vegies

D-NUTZ
10-19-09, 8:18 pm
Alright well working out Post WO seems to be more easy right now..that could change...how often should i do it? I will be lifting M T TH F.......and what kind of cardio should i do?

D-NUTZ
10-27-09, 2:47 pm
For my postwork meal...what are some good choices for green veggies and fruits?

On Letting Go
10-28-09, 7:23 am
PWO fruits... Banana's are good, i always love chowing down on some raisins after a workout.

Veggies... I dont eat too many of them, but i do like raw baby spinach.

D-NUTZ
11-01-09, 7:37 pm

For my post workout shake...what should i do on days i do not lift? Should i still take the shake or add something else in?

T o m m Y
11-01-09, 8:09 pm
Why little carbs PWO?
IMO i would take in most of my carbs pre and pwo..
Do a whole food meal in place of the shake on non workout days..

D-NUTZ
11-01-09, 8:21 pm
The main meal will have little carbs..i will be getting more from the veggies and fruit.

C.Coronato
11-02-09, 1:30 pm
I think it looks good man.