PDA

View Full Version : how i got to where i am

native ryda
10-13-09, 1:07 am
when i was 18 and barely made it threw high school without a care in the world..i was 280 pounds 30%bf and hadnt worked out since i blew my knee out freshman year in football.. after high school i bought myself a gym membership because i was tired of what i saw in the mirror..i started out by just doing cardio and barely eating..not knowing shit about diet or anything just thought that if i ate less and ran a lot i would lose weight..and i did..but i lost muscle too..so i eventually got to 190lbs after about 8-10 months..
i was pretty happy with my progress, it wasnt easy but i had no muscle..so i slowed down my 2 a day cardio workouts and started hitting the iron..but i didnt know shit about that either..so i started doing my chest and arms pretty much, because i didnt know shit..so about 6 months after not much progress i started doing my research..and finally realized i was going down the wrong path..i started doing my legs and back and shoulders..everything..i started reading up on my supps and diet and learned a lot thanks to animalpak.com and being able to ask the pros..now im finally seeing my strength sky rocket with my body fat dropping..
now im a good 200 pounds and around 16% bf
i finally squated 315x5
incline bench 315x2
smith military press 275x6
i bust my ass and i love it..i am an animal

my supplements are animal pak of course, animal nitro, whey, and ZMA..

my diet consist of
6am wake
cardio-40min
2 scoops whey and 2 hardboiled eggs right after
10am-8-10oz lean meat or 10 egg whites 1cup broccoli
1pm-some kind of fruits ex apple and banana and 1 scoop whey
3:30pm-same as meal at 10am
iron at 5:30 nitro before and after and whey shake 30 min following
dinner around 9 same at 10am and 330pm meal..
1 scoop whey and zma before bed around 10:30

thats my day as long as i stay on my diet but i also take in a few scoops of all natural peanut butter throughout the day..

more to come and comments or questions are greatly appreciated..new to this forum and how it works..thanks

C.Coronato
10-13-09, 9:50 am
Looking good my man, thats a ton of progress. Keep up the hard work.

Refuge
10-13-09, 9:53 am
Well your chest and shoulders have freaky strength man, Keep it up and you'll freak yourself out with how strong your legs will get now that youre gettin down animal style...

Stay strong
-Refuge

Soldier
10-13-09, 1:47 pm
Fantastic progress. Keep up the hard work.

native ryda
10-13-09, 7:11 pm
thank you very much..yesterday was my arm day..i did triceps and biceps..i do a bunch of different curls and tricep pull downs and skull crushers..my triceps are always super sore..but never my biceps..is that because i dont work them hard enough?
another thing i was wondering is if i do my cardio at 630am on a completely empty stomach and then go to my construction job from 8-430 and lift at like 530 and i only take my nitro before and after i lift is that good? becuase i see that other people take nitro before them am cardio to prevent muscle breakdown then does that mean i should take it 3 times a day?

C.Coronato
10-14-09, 10:07 am
Whats up brother. What bicep workouts do you do?

I personall do cardio at 530, then work, then train at 7 at night.

I take Nitro during my AM cardio, then After my workout. So 2x daily.

native ryda
10-15-09, 1:49 am
i usually do some regular curls to start..n then usually some preacher curls..n i do some inside rope curls and some hammer curls.and usually finish with some concentrated..dont get me wrong my arms are dead after my workout but i just dont feel as sore the next day..

i will definitely try that nitro in the am and one after my workout, thanks..what kind of pre workout supps do u take? i want to get a lil extra edge after work to boost up my workout..

Refuge
10-15-09, 2:27 am
i will definitely try that nitro in the am and one after my workout, thanks..what kind of pre workout supps do u take? i want to get a lil extra edge after work to boost up my workout..

I get me some Stak (45 mins before the session), followed up by PUMP (15 mins pre), finish it off with a Pack of Nitro as I walk in...

Been on this for about a week +/- ... Shoot, tonight I really felt it. My back was retardedly strong, I broke a bunch of PR's. So either, today was a freak good day, or my diet / supplementation is on point....

-Refuge

native ryda
10-17-09, 1:11 am
I get me some Stak (45 mins before the session), followed up by PUMP (15 mins pre), finish it off with a Pack of Nitro as I walk in...

Been on this for about a week +/- ... Shoot, tonight I really felt it. My back was retardedly strong, I broke a bunch of PR's. So either, today was a freak good day, or my diet / supplementation is on point....

-Refuge

that sounds official.i see that pump has creatine..i bloat hella when i take in any usually..how does it make you feel..any bloating? i like nitro a lot..i have been breaking a lot of PRs since starting it a few weeks ago..really helps my recovery n muscle building..i have been leaning but building muscle..

C.Coronato
10-19-09, 11:32 am
i usually do some regular curls to start..n then usually some preacher curls..n i do some inside rope curls and some hammer curls.and usually finish with some concentrated..dont get me wrong my arms are dead after my workout but i just dont feel as sore the next day..

yo bro. My tris def hurt the next day, but bis not so much, you may just have better recovery in your arms, not everyone gets sore for days.

As far as pres, i usually take Pump. Since im so close to show i cut out my creatine and kinda make my own preworkout.

All Universal products:

Kwik Energy
3 NOX3
4 Beta Ala9
4 Carnitine

native ryda
10-19-09, 6:15 pm
yo bro. My tris def hurt the next day, but bis not so much, you may just have better recovery in your arms, not everyone gets sore for days.

As far as pres, i usually take Pump. Since im so close to show i cut out my creatine and kinda make my own preworkout.

All Universal products:

Kwik Energy
3 NOX3
4 Beta Ala9
4 Carnitine

Right on bro. Never thought about it like that but i can see that being a def possibility. I really want to give that pump a try so I think I'm going to. I got Flex coming the mail to me tomorrow hopefully. And couple animal ts which is always good. Thanks for the advice.

C.Coronato
10-20-09, 9:34 am
Right on bro. Never thought about it like that but i can see that being a def possibility. I really want to give that pump a try so I think I'm going to. I got Flex coming the mail to me tomorrow hopefully. And couple animal ts which is always good. Thanks for the advice.

Sounds good bro, i like the Pump for sure and thats my staple for 90% of the year.

native ryda
10-20-09, 10:42 am
I read bulldogs article on back days yesterday. N then went to war when I got the the gym. I sid deadlifts for the first time in a few years. Felt pretty good. But man am
I sore as fuck. Should be interesting to see how my construction job goes today feeling this sore haha. I go to chiropractor today after work which should set my good for a nice chest workout. I have my flex coming in the mail with my new animal iconic shirt that I can't wait to wear. Got my meals all cooked and packaged for the day. Today's chicken breast egg whites and broccoli.

native ryda
10-20-09, 11:18 pm
i didnt do cardio this morning but i still felt good..pretty fucking sore from back yesterday..deadlifts sure tore me up..today i hit some chest..

incline DB
85sX12
95sX12
105sX10

Flat DB
80sX12
90sX11
100sX8

cable crossovers
45each armX10 3 sets

bent arm DB pullovers

75x12 3 sets

DB Flies
40sX15
45sX12
50sX8

i love the look i get at the gym..especially in my animal Ts..haha

took my nitro before and after..gave me a great pump..got my flex in today..started that..

planning on hopping on some Pump soon..ive been trying to cut weight for the last few years but i think i want to put on a winter coat and bulk up and then cut again right before summer..cant weight to try putting some weight on this time around..should be interesting..i want to keep it as clean as possible..any clean weight gaining tips greatly appreciated..thanks