PDA

View Full Version : Radical workout

Sho
10-13-09, 1:39 pm
Just wondering if there are any other routines out there for other muscle groups like the one I read about a while ago on here for legs.. goes like leg press sets of 15 reps each set add 90lbs no rest, then leg ext. triple drop sets of 15 reps, then 30 rep back squats and so on...

had realllly great results with this, and i wanna apply this kinda intensity to the rest of my body... if possible.

Pizzalamp
10-13-09, 7:59 pm
for a chest delt shocker exercise you do:

pushup/overhead barbell press
no rest in between sets:
1 pushup into 1 overhead barbell press
2 pushups into 2 overhead bb press
3 pushups into 3 overhead bb press
work up to 15 pushups into 15 overhead presses

TigerAce01
10-13-09, 8:12 pm
This one has to be one of my favorites, not for the weak of heart...

"The 3 bars of Death"
Set up 3 separate bars with the following weight for the following exercises-

Deadlift - 1 1/2 of your body weight
Bench - Your body weight
Clean - 3/4 of your bodyweight

Perform these reps for all 3 exercises in the following order with no rest : 10/9/8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1

It should look like this :

10 reps DL
10 reps bench
10 reps clean

9 reps DL
9 reps bench
9 reps clean

etc...

It is a lot harder than it looks, and is downright crazy. You want a radical workout...here it is. To make it harder, get a partner, time yourself, then let your partner try to beat your time. A little competition goes a long way.

-Ace

shizz702
10-13-09, 9:14 pm

"The 3 bars of Death"

Bench - Your body weight

Perform these reps for all 3 exercises in the following order with no rest : 10/9/8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1

10 reps DL
10 reps bench
10 reps clean

9 reps DL
9 reps bench
9 reps clean

etc...

It is a lot harder than it looks, and is downright crazy. You want a radical workout...here it is. To make it harder, get a partner, time yourself, then let your partner try to beat your time. A little competition goes a long way.

-Ace

That looks like pure insanity!

Another real kick in the ass you can try is "The Bear"

Take a barbell and load it with a relatively heavy weight, not too heavy, but enough to where it is challenging, and do one rep power clean, one rep front squat, one rep push press, rack it on your back and do one rep back squat, then one rep behind the neck press. Do 5 sets of 5 reps with that with 30 seconds rest inbetween sets and do it for speed. It also makes for great cardio to do it with just the bar or light weights.

Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSB98uoHh2Q

Ace, I'm sure you've probably done this since you do crossfit, if so how do you like it?

I just started doing it for my cardio.

TigerAce01
10-13-09, 9:20 pm
That looks like pure insanity!

Another real kick in the ass you can try is "The Bear"

Take a barbell and load it with a relatively heavy weight, not too heavy, but enough to where it is challenging, and do one rep power clean, one rep front squat, one rep push press, rack it on your back and do one rep back squat, then one rep behind the neck press. Do 5 sets of 5 reps with that with 30 seconds rest inbetween sets and do it for speed. It also makes for great cardio to do it with just the bar or light weights.

Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSB98uoHh2Q

Ace, I'm sure you've probably done this since you do crossfit, if so how do you like it?

I just started doing it for my cardio.

I love anything that forces me to have the kind of focus a workout like that requires. I like that workout with 135lbs, but most like it with 95lbs - 115lbs.

The 3 Bars of Death is beyond killer, but it's hilarious to see people do it, because at the beginning it's not too hard, but around the 6 Set, the pain and exhaustion starts to set in haha

-Ace

mcbeast
10-13-09, 9:28 pm
That program looks psychotic..No rest between rotations?

So for me it would be

300 dl
200 bench
100 clean

Totaling 42 reps each. This sounds insane..

Ill try it one day for sure, will probably collapse. Or may have to use smith machine for the benching. Lol

TigerAce01
10-13-09, 9:35 pm
That program looks psychotic..No rest between rotations?

So for me it would be

300 dl
200 bench
100 clean

Totaling 42 reps each. This sounds insane..

Ill try it one day for sure, will probably collapse. Or may have to use smith machine for the benching. Lol

That was my exact weight scheme, took me 38:13 to complete. I just fell on the ground completely drenched in sweat and just stayed there for a few minutes. It was as close to an India Vision Quest as I've ever come...

-Ace

shizz702
10-13-09, 9:46 pm
That was my exact weight scheme, took me 38:13 to complete. I just fell on the ground completely drenched in sweat and just stayed there for a few minutes. It was as close to an India Vision Quest as I've ever come...

-Ace

That would be mine as well, since I weigh 200.

Doesn't look easy at all lol, the thought of deadlifting 300 for 10 and jumping right into those other lifts non stop tapering down reps like that just sounds painful lol.

mcbeast
10-14-09, 1:22 am

-Ace

38:13..Sounds like we got some competion brewing!

TigerAce01
10-14-09, 10:05 am
38:13..Sounds like we got some competion brewing!

Yeeeeea buddday! We'll have to start a new thread "The 3 Bars of Death Challenge..." haha

-Ace

ironshaolin
10-14-09, 8:36 pm

"The 3 bars of Death"

Bench - Your body weight

10 reps DL
10 reps bench
10 reps clean

9 reps DL
9 reps bench
9 reps clean

etc...

-Ace

Oh no, not a CROSSFIT workout!!! Actually that one is pretty tough.

Here's a few good'uns:

50 double unders (jump rope spinning the rope 2x per jump)
50 95lb full cleans
50 25lb dips
50 double unders

All done with minimal rest. Say, you do 20 squat cleans and your lungs are going to burst. So stop for about as long as it takes for you to regain your composure, then repeat. You're trying to go for minimum time to complete whole workout. If its too much, cut reps to 25.

Barbell complex: 6 reps each of:
deadlift
romanian deadlift
bent over row
power clean
front squat
push press
back squat
good morning

you can't put the bar down at ANY time during the set. So, one excersise, immediately transition to next without rest or putting bar down. Start with just the bar, and add 10-20 pounds on each set, until you can't complete the circut with 6 reps. Then, do sets of 5, 4, 3 with that weight. REst 60-90 secs between rounds.

I've found that lighter complexes like this are INCREDIBLY intense, while light weight enough I can recover. Doing some of the more "hardcore" workouts, such as triple drop leg extensions supersetted with triple drop leg curls, then smith machine squats super setted with stiff leg deadlifts for sets of 10, followed by a giant set of leg press, lunge over to the front squat rack, lunge back to the back extension just lead to some "hardcore" overtraining, and I need to take a week off to recover.