PDA

View Full Version : Early morning training

Rugger84
10-13-09, 8:17 pm
What pumps you up at 5 am to train? You have a morning meal that gets you going?

TigerAce01
10-13-09, 8:48 pm
My "I'm Not a Morning Person" shake gets my blood pumping...

2 scoops whey isolate (vanilla or chocolate tastes the best)
2-3 level scoops of coffee grinds (I like Kona or Dunkin Donuts)
1g of Vitamin C (unflavored)
1/2 cup grounded oats
16 oz skim milk

Simple, delicious, hardcore.

-Ace

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
10-13-09, 8:57 pm
I like a solid meal before training, as the prep time wakes me up and I train better with food in my stomach.

2 scrambled egg sandwiches (3 eggs each) on whole wheat bread with pepperjack cheese. Sometimes I cut up some shaved ham and throw it in my eggs with some diced banana peppers. I like to get up at say 5, prep and eat meal by 530, in the gym by 6.

JasonG
10-13-09, 9:37 pm
My "I'm Not a Morning Person" shake gets my blood pumping...

2 scoops whey isolate (vanilla or chocolate tastes the best)
2-3 level scoops of coffee grinds (I like Kona or Dunkin Donuts)
1g of Vitamin C (unflavored)
1/2 cup grounded oats
16 oz skim milk

Simple, delicious, hardcore.

-Ace

Wow do you just shake the oats and coffee or blend it in? Sounds good though.

TigerAce01
10-13-09, 9:40 pm
Wow do you just shake the oats and coffee or blend it in? Sounds good though.

I grind up the oats into a powder before putting them in the shake, but for the coffee, I just grab the bag and scoop it in. I was surprised at how good it actually tasted. I just did it because I was in a rush and couldn't make coffee, but it turned out to be a favorite.

-Ace

BryanSmash!
10-14-09, 7:01 am
No meals, but I like to crank the ipod up, really, really loud.

squattingtillipuke
10-14-09, 8:11 am
No meals, but I like to crank the ipod up, really, really loud.

That's how I roll too...If I eat anything it is small like a apple or banana...but usually just wake up, get some H2O and some Animal PUMP get dressed and start walking to the barn. By the time my warmup jog is over I'm ready to roll!

FewL4no1
10-14-09, 9:26 am
That's how I roll too...If I eat anything it is small like a apple or banana...but usually just wake up, get some H2O and some Animal PUMP get dressed and start walking to the barn. By the time my warmup jog is over I'm ready to roll!

Fruit in the the morning is always a great way to quickly charge yourself up. I always blend a cup of frozen strawberries with my protein shake in the AM. The Vitamin B in the Pak also helps with energy.

Personally, I just watch motivational videos ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF8F84kxksc ) and log onto this site and get my head right for the gym. I have also been listening to this song in the morning recently: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-wA4zKqP7k . Gotta love youtube :D

Beach91
10-14-09, 9:35 am
The same old breakfast of oats n a whey shake, followed 45 min later by my preworkout mix of caffeine, citrullline, creatine, Beta alanine and BCAAs gets me jacked. I read and check out Old Animal ads, the old journey logs and get the ipod going, nothing like starting the morning with a balls to the wall session

msktyshha
10-14-09, 9:07 pm
some caffien pills will pump me up even at 2am at night

JasonG
10-15-09, 4:18 am
I grind up the oats into a powder before putting them in the shake, but for the coffee, I just grab the bag and scoop it in. I was surprised at how good it actually tasted. I just did it because I was in a rush and couldn't make coffee, but it turned out to be a favorite.

-Ace

Thanks I'll have to try that out.

prowrestler
10-15-09, 10:57 am
my morning meal that always wakes me up for work

half serving of a 1000 cal gainer
1 scoop whey
1 banana
3 spoons pb
1 cup raw oats, small pieces (denser, more cals)
little bit of chocolate syrup

1500 cals, some fast, medium and long lasting energy and 55-60 real grams of protien. about 80 total grams.

Dr.Platypus
10-15-09, 11:21 am
I go with 10 eggs (a mix of some with yolks and some just whites), scrambled with some spinach, a whole wheat english muffin and a bowl of oatmeal. an hour later I eat an apple drink some whey and a few cups of coffee and hit the gym.