PDA

View Full Version : The Lil Guy Journey

sixareborn
10-14-09, 5:39 am
This is my new journey, I'm going to give you a little insight about myself and then I will begin with the rest. I'm 23 years old and am in the USAF (been in for four years). I'm currently 160 lbs and have been a small and thin my entire life. When I joined the AF in 05 I was somewhere around 130 or so. I started working out last summer in June while I was deployed. As I got into the rythim of things I started to love it and started to feed for it. By the time I got back to the states I had put on nearly 10lbs (can't say they were all clean lbs though). I then signed up at my local Golds and continued to work hard and lift. I never had gotten so many compliments from friends that noticed a difference in my body which only led to more fuel on the fire! Then March came around, I went to self PT day and was going to do some light cardio but was asked to play in a pick up game of basketball (MY HUGE MISTAKE) on the third game I sprained my fking ankle! Not just a small roll over but I tore 3 ligaments, a grade 3 severe sprain...it was bad...it took me about 7 weeks before I could actually start putting weight on it and doing physical therapy....during this time I was fked up in the head mentally, i wasnt eating right, I couldnt make it to the gym, some said you can still do upper body, I said sure if you want to bring the weights over to me! I was rough as time went I had to put the iron aside to get ready for a late June deployment for another six months (which im currently 4 months into). Well now Im back! I have finally had the best workouts this past week I have had since my injury...

Im on a new level this time, Im eating super clean, and a I am eating more protein then I have ever eaten...Im back on the horse I am going to ride this shit till its dead....that being said...again Im a small guy, i dont care how much weight other people lifting because I lift what I can, and I try to lift with the best and correct form, Im not here to cheat myself...My goal is to be 170 by janurary 1st and Im going to make that shit happen...im a loner in the gym, I have an unorthodox way of training to some but it works for me! so here is my journey, the little guy, someday that journeys title will change from lil...

SO FAR TodaY

eat 3 eggs plain scrabled, 1 small pancake with honey, PAk

protein shake, gluatmine

bananna

STAK

NO drink w/creatine

Bench press
Incline DB
Skull crushers
Striaght bar curls
V bar press downs
Chest press machine
EZ preacher curls
200 Crunches

2 scoops whey, with 1 scoop glucose crystals, glutamine

2 chicken breast, small serving of bow tie pasta

6 oz apple juice w creatine

its only 1:30PM right now

thats it so far...i guess i just want to start this journey on here because i want to put my thoughts down as a form of text, i tend to talk to myself in my post workout shower about how i felt about my work out and shit...so i hope this helps me out as i think it will...tomorrow is legs day and i am pretty excited about legs day cause it hurts so bad but i know its a key part in my success....

sixareborn
10-14-09, 7:07 am
ok its 3 pm now, i also just eat 3 scoops of tuna, I would say it looked about like a little over a small can a handful of almonds and im bout to eat an apple which should hold me over till dinner time...i didnt mention this but my workout today was awesome, i really had a good pump on the chest and great pump on the pipes, really felt good...and my new playlist on my Zune, the face melt has really put me into the zone, all hard metal and rock....

J A Y
10-14-09, 7:29 am
ok its 3 pm now, i also just eat 3 scoops of tuna, I would say it looked about like a little over a small can a handful of almonds and im bout to eat an apple which should hold me over till dinner time...i didnt mention this but my workout today was awesome, i really had a good pump on the chest and great pump on the pipes, really felt good...and my new playlist on my Zune, the face melt has really put me into the zone, all hard metal and rock....

good luck with your journey bro, i'll be along for the ride... your gunna need that hard metal and rock for leg day.. lets see what you've got!!

sixareborn
10-14-09, 10:19 am
the last post for the night...finished off eating a mongo mix grill, 1 scoop of beef, 3.5 scoops of chicken and misc veggies.... ill have the usual protein/glut shake before bed and possibly some fruit...overall an awesome workout and a good day...im going to try and just make one big post in the evening from now on....

sixareborn
10-15-09, 5:49 am
thats right, ive came close but never have until today....i did

pre-exhaust leg ext
SQUATS
leg curls
leg extensions

then i went outside and fking threw up

not a bad day i guess

after i yaked i had my post workout shake rested for about 20 mins

followed up with 2 chicken breast and some fresh cut green beans....

so i guess now when someone ask if ive ever thrown up from working out I can now say yes.

sixareborn
10-15-09, 6:15 am
before i threw up though my legs were really in gear...the skin was super tight, had a good pump on the quads....i did two 6 rep warm ups, nice and easy, followed by 5 balls to the floor sets...im really happy with the workout today

sixareborn
10-16-09, 6:10 am
3 eggs plain, small pancake, banana, PAK

iso shake with gluatmine

STAK

pre-work out drink w/ creatine

Back/Bis/Tris

warmed up with 2 sets reverse grip pull downs

one arm d/b rows 3 sets

reverse grip bent over rows 4 sets

reverse incline d/b lat raise 3 sets

V-bar rows 4 sets

standing bb curls 3 sets

Tri vbar push down, straight bar push down, over head rope ext (1 set of each)

wide grip lat pull down to failure

the work out was great, felt awesome leaving the gym, the bi's felt exceptionaly well, very tight...

2 scoops isolate, 1 scoop glucose crystals, 1 scoop gluatmine

2 chicken breast plain

cranberry juice with creatine

1 bbq chickbreast 1 small potato

its only 2pm right now, I'll finish the day up with some solid meals, good night sleep and day off tomorrow to recover, Chest and Traps on sunday...

sixareborn
10-17-09, 7:08 am
been taking it easy today...back is a little stiff and sore and the legs are sore still....tomorrow should be a good day with chest...also got my new gloves in today so im kinda excited to use those since my old ones are falling apart...nutrition today has been ok but i fell i could of ate a little more in the morning...

sixareborn
10-18-09, 4:13 am
i wanna say i had a shitty workout but then again maybe i didnt...really my stomach was kinda acting funny, its like I eat but had kinda of an empty feeling in my stomach...i dunno

either way my workout was something like

4 sets db press

3 db incline s/s with overhead push

3 sets with (various attachments) triceps pushdown

3 sets v bar cable curls

3 sets low cable flyes

2 sets behind back wrist curls

i actually went up 5lbs on the db bench which i was happy with i actually probably could of went a little more

so yea it was a good workout i was pretty damn fatigued by the time i left the gym and left with a good solid pump...legs feel pretty good today they may be in for a beating 2morrow

sixareborn
10-19-09, 8:51 am
today just sucked...just wasnt feeling it, I think im going to maybe shoot to work out after lunch instead of before...I just didnt have a lot of energy...

warmed up with a couple sets of deads

4 sets squats

3 sets front squats

3 sets leg curls/leg extensions

so leaving the gym was just kinda pissed off, energy burned out real quick....so later on in the day I had about an hour to kill so decided to fucking make something happen...

walked back over to the gym didnt change into pt gear just went in uniform and pounded out some soild bicep and triceps!

I tend to work out my pipes quite a bit, they seem to heal rather quickly....i dunno maybe its the pump or the viens in the forearms...

i did 3 exercises for each part supersetting all

straight bar curls/over head db press

standing hammers/skull crushers

v-bar cable press down/v-bar cable curl

I kept it pretty quick and face paced was outta there in about a half hour or so...i left feeling like a redeemed my shit workout for earlier in the day....

on the flip side i got the new Five Finger Death Punch cd yesterday and that shit is made for the gym, very good and heavy...check it out if your in to that shit....

sixareborn
10-20-09, 10:52 am
Ok so I moved my workout to after lunch and I believe there was a huge difference in energy, I was able to drink a lot more water and absorb some more calories before training....

D/B shoulder press 4 sets

front lateral raise 3 sets

side lateral raise 3 sets

cable rows close grip/wide grip 3 sets each

pull ups 2 sets till failure

i felt pretty good, back was feeling strong...im really happy with the diet timming today i was able to eat around every 2.5 hours or so which is rare that i actually had the time today without any interruptions...id like to still eat a little bigger for each meal though...in due time...overall a good day and a rest day 2morrow...

sixareborn
10-20-09, 1:00 pm
so just a quick message...they had chicken stew tonight for dinner, that shit was the bomb, really was packed with good protein and veggies...

sixareborn
10-22-09, 4:28 am
nothing new right now...took two days off because of a routine switch...ill be pounding out chest and back tomorrow!

sixareborn
10-23-09, 11:10 am
Wasnt sure how my workout was going to go having an early morning 5k run...

afternoon lift was awesome

hit up chest and back hard

BB bench 10, 8, 6, 6

Smith Bent over rows 8, 8, 6

DB Incline flyes 10, 8, 8

Close grip lat pulldown, 10, 8, 8

Chest press 15, 10, 8

im just about back to my bench press weight, put up 175 6 times its been several months since i have been able to accomplish this from my injury in the spring so im pretty fuckin stoked about it and had a really good day in the gym overall, it was quick and heavy and my body felt really well, i think im really starting to get back into the swing of things and pick up where i left off in march...

OklahomaMuscle
10-23-09, 12:21 pm
Keep that intensity homie. Your workouts look solid. maybe I missed it what are your long term goals? I saw ou want to be a sloid 170 by January but you got aspirations to compete or just get big and scare people?? lmao, keep doing your thing

sixareborn
10-24-09, 2:21 am
Keep that intensity homie. Your workouts look solid. maybe I missed it what are your long term goals? I saw ou want to be a sloid 170 by January but you got aspirations to compete or just get big and scare people?? lmao, keep doing your thing

thanks brotha...yea competing maybe be an interest of mine way down the road, but right now its just time to get big...im natually skinny (100% ectomorph) and i have to eat shit load of food to put on weight which can sometimes can be hard because it really doesnt take a lot to get me full, so yea just to get big right now, tired of being a little guy as ive been called...

sixareborn
10-26-09, 12:34 pm
working nights fucking sux! its really nice actually but getting used to opposite times of day takes a min to get used to...i was really out of it last night but i did manage to go and get some good strong squats in

tonight ima go bang out some bis and tris which always excite me, ill let you know how it went

sixareborn
10-27-09, 1:40 pm
finally adapting a little better to night shift, did some bis and tris last night, they are pretty fucking sore today...i just went in and started lifting pretty much till i couldnt anymore more, kept the intensity pretty high...good workout, today is a rest day 2morrow is chest and back...

OklahomaMuscle
10-27-09, 1:45 pm
thanks brotha...yea competing maybe be an interest of mine way down the road, but right now its just time to get big...im natually skinny (100% ectomorph) and i have to eat shit load of food to put on weight which can sometimes can be hard because it really doesnt take a lot to get me full, so yea just to get big right now, tired of being a little guy as ive been called...

Good looks, I only ask because I read you were eating super clean whilst trying to get big. Keep it clean but do what you gotta do to get those calories in...besides eating crazy clean 24/7 will make you lose your mind... it may sound counterproductive but when hitting the gym as hard as you are sometimes you gotta just get those calories in "clean" or otherwise. Especially when your purely ectomorphic... just an idea my man, do your thing...looking real good

sixareborn
10-28-09, 10:24 am
Good looks, I only ask because I read you were eating super clean whilst trying to get big. Keep it clean but do what you gotta do to get those calories in...besides eating crazy clean 24/7 will make you lose your mind... it may sound counterproductive but when hitting the gym as hard as you are sometimes you gotta just get those calories in "clean" or otherwise. Especially when your purely ectomorphic... just an idea my man, do your thing...looking real good

thanks bro...yea im starting to change my diet already, basically that advice was given to me by an AF bodybuilder but based on his size and mine I dont think he quite understood my goals. he was like you need to just eat a lot of meat, and not to worry about carbs and calories, it would take me a lot of fucking chicken breast to get to even 2000 cals, so im not really sure of his methods.... its really just hard to eat the shit they feed us here right now, like i love eggs because when i make eggs they are fucking bomb, the shit they make here makes me gag pretty much, the chicken is super plain, i have to choke that shit down too or cover it in sauce... ive got less than two months left here then ill be back in the states to eat my way...i do appreciate your advice man and I am looking into alternative routes...thanks bro!

sixareborn
10-28-09, 4:17 pm
WTF! I threw up in the middle of my workout (outside) so not in the gym...I was doing back and chest pretty heavy...not really sure why i threw up...that makes it twice now since I have been taking STAK, not sure if thats the cause our not...either way it didnt stop me from working out which is good i soppose, after yaking i went and did my last to exercises...

sixareborn
10-31-09, 4:34 pm
lifting legs last night, just short and heavy stayed within the 6-8 rep range...fucking sore as shit right now, legs are kinda funny, like i know so many people that are like nah i dont do legs cause it hurts or i dont need to do legs(cause they know it hurts) and im like excited to do legs, then the next two days im like im fukin never doin legs again, then a day later i find myself squatting it out...kinda funny how that shit works....

sixareborn
11-01-09, 12:15 am
had a decent arm workout tonight, but somethings been really fuckin my workouts up, i dunno whats up with it, i feel really excited to work out and i get into as i always do but for the last couple weeks im lifing big and i start to get a lightheaded dizzy feeling, like im gonna yak or pass out, im not sure why, never had this bother me before, i even started to feel it while working the arms tonight which are small bodyparts, so im going to take about 3 days off, stick with PAk, protein, and food and just try to rest up, ive been lifting pretty heavy so im probaly just kicking my ass, in a few days ill get back in there, if i still feel the same way after some rest im gonna head to the doctor for a further review...either way i started to feel that shit tonight but i put it out of my mind, i turn the music in my ears down a little bit and just pushed on, my arms were tearing through my skin....so thats that, ill still be posting probably more bitching that im not in the gym then anything....hopefully a few exta rest days will be all i need to hit it even harder....thanks for reading

sixareborn
11-02-09, 5:19 pm
another day or two of some relaxing...i hope this was the issue I can wait to get back in the gym its pretty much killing me not to...

OklahomaMuscle
11-02-09, 6:02 pm
Rest up man, sounds like you taxed the hell outta your CNS and just needed to rest for a few days. I know for a fact laying outta the gym sucks but it's worth it in the end...smart training is always the best route...nice

sixareborn
11-02-09, 7:56 pm
Rest up man, sounds like you taxed the hell outta your CNS and just needed to rest for a few days. I know for a fact laying outta the gym sucks but it's worth it in the end...smart training is always the best route...nice

hey bro thanks for keepin up with my shit...ill be up in running a couple, my goal other than being 170 is to finally break the 200lb on my bench which i think im well on my way to doing...

sixareborn
11-04-09, 11:00 pm
OK time for bed...ive taken 4 days of rest, which should be plenty, I also did not take any sups other than the p-shake i just made before bed...so 2morrow is a new day and its time to get back into it...i actually feel pretty good mentally I really think I needed the extra rest days...im doin chest/back when I get into the gym...i'll post after workout...night

sixareborn
11-05-09, 4:44 pm
ok i checked my calendar...i actually took off like 5 days when i work nights i go in on one day and leave another day so that shit kinda fucks me up...here is the deal...

I had probably the best work out i have had in weeks...i did chest and traps, only living heavy on two sets of db bench press

sipped on eaa stack throughout the lifting and just finished my torrent, im really happy with the way the day has gone thus far...bis and tri 2morrow, day off and then legs...im so happy to be back in the gym...

sixareborn
11-06-09, 4:21 pm
amazing bi's and tri's workout today...i really mixed up the exercises lifting heavy on some for just reps...i lifting until complete failure until i couldnt even lift the lightest weight in a correct form...finshed out with 3 sets of calf raises...

2nd day taking torrent, this shit is awesome, it taste good and i feel super good after drinking it...i gotta day off tomorrow then legs, well see how it all plays out because 2morrow night is my last night on night shift then im going back to days so i might move the leg workout till i get back on day shift mode, maybe do something smaller like shoulders and abs or something...we'll see...overall im just gald to be working out again...

sixareborn
11-08-09, 5:25 pm
sip'n on some torrent right this second...just finished a good leg workout, i think i need to change up the workout, but right now im still getting stronger, its really just like 80% squats and 20% extensions and curls, im really just trying to keep it simple and basic and i guess as long as I am seeing results right now thats ok with me...

sixareborn
11-10-09, 8:54 am
legs still a bit sore...i went in the gym today to do some chest and ended up doing more bis and tris and forearms but still did a little chest...it was an odd fucking day in the gym though, first there were these odd 4 guys doing some really wierd shit, maybe like a cross fit/P90x kinda thing i dunno, cant really say any of them were fit or in shape by any means, they just kinda didnt look like they were in the right place, i think the cardio room next door would of been more suitable, then there was this dude who just started benching, and forgot to load the bar evenly one side was 45 the other was 80, so i look over and those four odd fellows were walking and noticed this guy about to choke himself and scrambled over to help him out, so its odd because if those 4 odd guys werent in the gym that dude probably would of hurt himself bad, cause i only know the guy about the on the bench cause of the wierd guys running over to him, ive use some nice ear buds so i dont hear much around me and only keep a look out for things in my general area...i thought that it was just an odd yet eventful day....im fuckin tired as all hell right now, i woke up hella early and was like starving so i just got up and went to eat and stayed up studying some work shit...im just kinda killing some time right now before i go to bed so i dont get to sleep to early and wake up to soon...

sixareborn
11-13-09, 10:49 pm
great chest workout yesterday, its been a pain in the ass to get on the net lately...

sixareborn
11-18-09, 6:57 am
well i have been a little off track lately, and right now im fucking sick...so thats whats been goin on with me, im sure i could lift even though im sick but i dont want to bring my sickness in there and get other people sick...hopefully tomorrow will be ok...

BubbyLight
11-18-09, 7:59 am
get better bro. get some good sleep and just get back to the weights when ur almost 100%

sixareborn
11-19-09, 9:05 am
yea another day off...though i have felt better as the day has gone on...i didnt workout though, i gotta save my energy for a 2mile formation run right in the morning...i should be good to lift tomorrow...have some real gains comming this week which is pretty exciting...i have about a month left here in the mid east then finally back home to the states which i miss oh so much cause this chow hall food is all shit and i cant wait to get finally eat my own fukin food...

sixareborn
11-21-09, 8:09 am
so I have been watching John Cena lately, since wresting is always on here in the desert for some reason, and that mother fucker is huge, i dunno what size his pipes are but he is a big ass dude as most wrestlers are i guess, something about his attitude and shit though is alright...just a thought...30 days left in this shit hole they call the middle east then back to the USA...so ima gonna wiegh my self tonight and post and in 30 days see what i can put on...

sixareborn
11-22-09, 4:59 am
im about an hour from headed to the gym but I weighed in yesterday and was at 160.1 lbs...i haven't been as faithful as i should of been the last month but thats ok...so im goin to weigh in again in 30days and see what i did, i just got my real gains in the mail like 20 mins ago, so I can add that shit in my diet...

sixareborn
11-22-09, 7:33 am
today was a great workout...i lifted back/chest and felt strong all the way to the end..im glad im not sick anymore, for sure came back stronger than ever after a little break though...torrent is really some great shit post workout, really quenches my thirst if you will...and just finished my first real gains shake and i gotta say im for sure a new customer on that one just based on taste alone..very pleased...30 days im pumped and excited...

sixareborn
11-23-09, 6:51 am
i had a really sic arm workout today, i was in an out in about 40 mins, really limited my rest periods as well...good playlist i just created this morning it kept me rockin the whole way...on the flipside...since i have been working out in the gym i have tried to do my lifting during a moment when the least amount of people are in there, that way i can chill, and just relax and not have to worry about getting on a piece of equipment, today i get in the same time as always and it was just fucking pakd today, kinda pissed me off luckly i really dont need a whole lot on arms day just a little corner of the room and a bench and i can work with that...just pissed me off though, then to see guys trying to squat 405 on the smith only going like a quarter of the way down, i mean i just didnt see any benefit from them doing that...but whatever its not my fukin problem...anyways...good day overall though...